Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 421.
#13301 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..When has Tom Lee been bearish?

See my post #5605

#13302 2 years ago

I bought 1000 CLOV last week. Don't know anything about them, but Motley Fool mentioned them in one of their pre-market briefings. It's up 25% today.

#13303 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Motley Foot mentioned them in one of their pre-market briefings. It's up 25% today.

Where is that? Do you need a subscription?

#13304 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tom Lee's BULLISH case for 4,400 on S&P by end of June. Energy is leading the way. Don't fight the facts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey hope you are feeling well, Ice!

Agree. Buy some energy as part of ones’s “base camp” holdings of their portfolio to go along with growth part with a plan to hold them for years or adjust down the road as opportunities arise. Base camp stocks Tend to have steady floors, make money, pay dividends and a current opportunity for growth in a highly priced market. Once these energy and other value names are bought up they are bought up. So like anything else buy before you need them.

Like many folks I was like WTF is energy? That was me when I wanted to add a group of Value stocks to my portfolio when I sold off my 2020 momentum last February. So here are some energy stocks to share from my High Yield Investor service I subscribe to with their “buy under” price.

AY (Solar!) buy under $42, FE $43, ACLLF $41, CWEN.A $32, VST $25. Midstreams like MMP EPD have outperformed this year and are pretty close to their buy under price on his list but PAA $14 and ET $13 still have some meat on the bone for gains. Midstreams have K1’s and may be best held in a non IRA. Like Vanguard will charge you a fee if you hold them in a non taxable account, so check for your situation. May have some tax changes happening to them years from now, but so could everything else. Just FYI and do your own DD on all the above stocks.

And yes, Very possible SaP gets a Summer bump and probably ends the year a little bit higher than that. And keep in mind folks this is a 2021 bump and not a 2020 type bump. 2020 market is over and I miss it 100% so we now have to work harder, smarter and be more disciplined to earn and keep each percentage bump in our portfolios. Sucks!

#13305 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Where is that? Do you need a subscription?

It's similar to Motley Fool, but for people that count on their fingers and toes.

#13306 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It's similar to Motley Fool, but for people that count on their fingers and toes.

It wasn't the "Foot" part I was most curious about (that's what I had figured out), it was their pre-market briefing thing I was curious about...

#13307 2 years ago

I hope it does...but I am struggling to determine what exactly there is to be bullish about at this point. We aren't in any better place than 2 years ago, we are just recovering from last year and a lot of mentality on one end of the spectrum has changed, while a lot of mentality on the other side of the spectrum just wants everything back the way it was people slaving away for them so they can continue to bend them over.

#13308 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

It wasn't the "Foot" part I was most curious about (that's what I had figured out), it was their pre-market briefing thing I was curious about...

Ohhhh. Well once fool.com gets your e-mail address you'll get spammed about 10 times a day, but there's some good info mixed in with the filler. I subscribed to 2 years of their stock advisor and rule breaker services a couple weeks back using a promo code. It was something like $99 each for 2 years. I bought some of their picks after I did and already made more than the services cost. I think their picks are legit, but don't buy right when they make them. Wait for a good pullback on quality stocks. Their picks are meant to be held for years.

Ice already mentioned their latest pick, UPST. It looks like it's making a double top to me on the chart right now and it has more than doubled in the last month already. I'd like to own it closer to $100-120.

#13309 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

hope it does...but I am struggling to determine what exactly there is to be bullish about at this point.

Trade this market, don't sink big bucks into any new position for the long term.. Trust your instincts, this market is frothy and overpriced. We're going to get the CPI report this week...if it's like last month, the market will sell off again. In the coning months only 2 things can happen, either the market keeps rocketing forward or it will stall. If we stall the inflation is already on a giant roll ahead of us, so it can take months to tame it. By the time the FED makes a move to raise rates or taper it will too late, sort of like stagflation. Slow growth, high inflation, that combo is usually bad news for stocks. Let's hope they move sooner rather than later to slow inflation.

#13310 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Ohhhh. Well once fool.com gets your e-mail address you'll get spammed about 10 times a day, but there's some good info mixed in with the filler. I subscribed to 2 years of their stock advisor and rule breaker services a couple weeks back using a promo code. It was something like $99 each for 2 years. I bought some of their picks after I did and already made more than the services cost. I think their picks are legit, but don't buy right when they make them. Wait for a good pullback on quality stocks. Their picks are meant to be held for years.
Ice already mentioned their latest pick, UPST. It looks like it's making a double top to me on the chart right now and it has more than doubled in the last month already. I'd like to own it closer to $100-120.

Thank you - sounds good. Will get into that.
I'm not sure where I got the info (Yahoo finance feed I think?) but they made me some good cash over the years.

#13311 2 years ago

The Market is suffering from a lack of confidence for future performance, trending down, unpredictable.
Despite the influx of Fed capital delay your immediate investments until a clear trend emerges.

#13312 2 years ago

Any thoughts on Fastly? I have been holding a small position for the entire downturn waiting for a recovery. Although they have come back a bit, their recent outage makes me a bit less confident a recovery will happen. This was one of my gamble plays and I have no problem holding for long term, just curious what everyone else thinks of their long term potential.

#13313 2 years ago

DKNG train!!!

#13314 2 years ago

Slightly off topic, but most of us here are finance nerds. If you have not done so, I would strongly look into refinancing you house. I just signed the papers last night and got a 1.75% 10 year fixed. It will pay off my mortgage 6 months earlier while lowering my payment. I was in a 2.625% 15 year previously but right now rates are ridiculous.

#13315 2 years ago

Satanseatscheese, take you monthly mortgage
Payment and split it in half and pay it bi weekly and you will cut a few years off of it also
But the mortgage has to be set up that way from the beginning.
So by paying it bi weekly you only accrue interest for 15 days not 30.
Then you start to see your balance drop

#13316 2 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Satanseatscheese, take you monthly mortgage
Payment and split it in half and pay it bi weekly and you will cut a few years off of it also
But the mortgage has to be set up that way from the beginning.
So by paying it bi weekly you only accrue interest for 15 days not 30.
Then you start to see your balance drop

Yeah... I've always paid extra on my mortgage, but at 1.75%, even if I didn't pay any extra I'd spend less than $30,000 in interest over the remainder of the loan. I'll probably give in and buy it off early toward the end, but for now I'm going to enjoy my low interest rate/

#13317 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Slightly off topic, but most of us here are finance nerds. If you have not done so, I would strongly look into refinancing you house. I just signed the papers last night and got a 1.75% 10 year fixed. It will pay off my mortgage 6 months earlier while lowering my payment. I was in a 2.625% 15 year previously but right now rates are ridiculous.

Who did you refi with?

I have a jumbo loan so it might not be as easy for me.

#13318 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who did you refi with?

Since you asked and I have 3 PMs now...

I ended up going with a small company called "Aurora Financial".

This is third finance/refi in 8 years. I always go to bankrate.com, and type in my info, but not my contact info. I'll check every day a few times a day (it does change 1/8th of a point or so). Once I get a rate I'm happy with, I'll generally click on through and give my contact info. This time it was "Aurora". 1/2 the time the person on the other side says its a promotional rate they can't honor, and tell them when they can honor that rate to call me back. They usually do and honor the rate.

From what I see right now near me, 1.875% on a 10 is the good rate and 1.75% with a fractional point is doable. Good luck!

rate (resized).pngrate (resized).png
#13319 2 years ago

Since you asked and I have 3 PMs now...
I ended up going with a small company called "Aurora Financial".
This is third finance/refi in 8 years. I always go to bankrate.com, and type in my info, but not my contact info. I'll check every day a few times a day (it does change 1/8th of a point or so). Once I get a rate I'm happy with, I'll generally click on through and give my contact info. This time it was "Aurora". 1/2 the time the person on the other side says its a promotional rate they can't honor, and tell them when they can honor that rate to call me back. They usually do and honor the rate.
From what I see right now near me, 1.875% on a 10 is the good rate and 1.75% with a fractional point is doable. Good luck![quoted image]

Thanks, I’m looking at a jumbo so my rates are a bit higher but I can still save a good bit.

#13320 2 years ago

This is third finance/refi in 8 years

What are the disadvantages to going with an "off brand" mortgage company? I need to refinance and currently have a mortgage thru my local credit union. They are 1-1.5% higher than the online ones like quicken.

#13321 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What are the disadvantages to going with an "off brand" mortgage company? I need to refinance and currently have a mortgage thru my local credit union. They are 1-1.5% higher than the online ones like quicken.

In my experience... Quicken sucks. They offered much higher (like a full .75% higher) than other companies.

If you get a mortgage from a random company, it will be resold, it just will. My last few re-fis were. What does this mean for you? Nothing. You get a letter in the mail that says your mortgage has been sold and you start making payments to a different company. Generally, the 1st payment is made to whoever you refinanced with, and after that you will make payments to a different company. Just about all have online portals, so they all act pretty much the same.

#13322 2 years ago

In my experience... Quicken sucks. They offered much higher (like a full .75% higher) than other companies.
If you get a mortgage from a random company, it will be resold, it just will. My last few re-fis were. What does this mean for you? Nothing. You get a letter in the mail that says your mortgage has been sold and you start making payments to a different company. Generally, the 1st payment is made to whoever you refinanced with, and after that you will make payments to a different company. Just about all have online portals, so they all act pretty much the same.

Are you having to get an appraisal each time you refinance?

#13323 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

They're just fronting it, usually your mortgage is sold within 3 months to another bank/investor...so there really isn't a downside just make sure you get the rate you're quoted and no extra fees tacked on.

Also I agree Quicken sucks!

#13324 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you having to get an appraisal each time you refinance?

Depends on the loan to value. If you have a $400,000 house and are requesting a $200,000 refi, they generally will waive the appraisal. However, if you are looking for $360,000 on a $400,000 house, you will probably need the appraisal. I don't know the exact cutoff, but I'm at less than 50% loan to value so the bank has collateral worth roughly twice what I'm borrowing, so they waive the appraisal because even if they are off by 20% and I default, they are still more than good.

#13325 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I’m looking at a jumbo so my rates are a bit higher but I can still save a good bit.

Do you bank with Wells Fargo by chance? If so, I have a connection. I am at 2.75% on a 30 year jumbo with no points.

#13326 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Do you bank with Wells Fargo by chance? If so, I have a connection. I am at 2.75% on a 30 year jumbo with no points.

I’m at Suntrust at 2.5% but it’s a 10/30 ARM so first ten is at 2.5% and I’m one year in. Paid a bit in advance so only like 24 years left.

#13327 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m at Suntrust at 2.5% but it’s a 10/30 ARM so first ten is at 2.5% and I’m one year in.

Gotcha. That is not bad at all. We could have gotten a cheaper rate with a lesser term or an ARM but I figured 30 was just fine at that rate. Fully intend to pay it off before that.

#13328 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Sometimes you have to push the smaller lenders over the finish line (proactive emails, etc) because they are so overwhelmed with apps.

I've closed with lenderfi and better and had OK exp. Last refinance was in the fall and got a 30 year 2.75 with lender credits to cover all my closing costs outside of escrow. I had a 60% LTV so no appraisal needed.

#13329 2 years ago

Yeah... I've always paid extra on my mortgage, but at 1.75%, even if I didn't pay any extra I'd spend less than $30,000 in interest over the remainder of the loan. I'll probably give in and buy it off early toward the end, but for now I'm going to enjoy my low interest rate/

FYI - if you pay extra each month - make sure it goes towards principal
Usually you have to notify your mortgage company or it's just applied towards future payments

at least that was how it was years ago when I had a mortgage

#13330 2 years ago

By far the best hidden Gem thread on pinside.
Well done , hope everyone gets rich.

#13331 2 years ago

Recent picks WWE (5.42%), PayPal (5.77%) and BAC (3.07%) are doing well. UWMC has had a big move since I mentioned it and goes ex-div tomorrow for .10/share, but is still in the meme-ish category. DKNG, MGM, and GNOG are all chugging higher. PLTR is about break even for me, so it is good to see that rise back up. Will probably do some rebalancing coming up soon but we shall see. Still heavily invested in SABR and DAL, and thing both are going to be big winners with the reopening continuing. Good luck all!

#13332 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Recent picks WWE (5.42%), PayPal (5.77%) and BAC (3.07%) are doing well. UWMC has had a big move since I mentioned it and goes ex-div tomorrow for .10/share, but is still in the meme-ish category. DKNG, MGM, and GNOG are all chugging higher. PLTR is about break even for me, so it is good to see that rise back up. Will probably do some rebalancing coming up soon but we shall see. Still heavily invested in SABR and DAL, and thing both are going to be big winners with the reopening continuing. Good luck all!

I jumped in UWMC on your recommendation at $7.27
Got out of PLTR today, if it takes another 10% drop, I will get back in
been in MGM since $7.66 & GNOG at $13.75 (another gambling related stock to look at is GAN)

Bought SPLK yesterday, their jump into SAS should end up a win down the road

#13333 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I jumped in UWMC on your recommendation at $7.27
Got out of PLTR today, if it takes another 10% drop, I will get back in
been in MGM since $7.66 & GNOG at $13.75 (another gambling related stock to look at is GAN)
Bought SPLK yesterday, their jump into SAS should end up a win down the road

Really glad that UWMC worked out for you. I am finally above water on that. I think it could have some interesting movements, especially with the 300M buyback the company authorized and some of the things it does. Watch it like a hawk, but I think it could take a violent uptick here soon.

#13334 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Really glad that UWMC worked out for you. I am finally above water on that. I think it could have some interesting movements, especially with the 300M buyback the company authorized and some of the things it does. Watch it like a hawk, but I think it could take a violent uptick here soon.

Up over 4% in after hours! I think it could be happening!

98B1CB21-BCC8-4061-839A-30787F008B43.gif98B1CB21-BCC8-4061-839A-30787F008B43.gif
#13335 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Up over 4% in after hours! I think it could be happening![quoted image]

nice bounce today

#13336 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Up over 4% in after hours! I think it could be happening![quoted image]

What do you think an exit point is for this stock? I am thinking around 11-12, but can see the potential for a much higher price.

#13337 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

What do you think an exit point is for this stock? I am thinking around 11-12, but can see the potential for a much higher price.

I originally was thinking about 12 or so but with the meme stuff going on I am not giving any exits. I am going to let it run and see what happens at this point. It is going through its normally opening dump and then will stabilize. Been in this for 4 months and this is what it always does.

#13338 2 years ago

WWE is up 16% this morning!

giphy-2.gifgiphy-2.gif
#13339 2 years ago

Wsb has got a post on wwe, explains budget cuts, touring starting soon and rumors of sale.

See if it pops more or that was it.

#13340 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wsb has got a post on wwe, explains budget cuts, touring starting soon and rumors of sale.
See if it pops more or that was it.

They are only about a week behind the curve on this one from when you and I first discussed it. Let’s see what happens.

#13341 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

They are only about a week behind the curve on this one from when you and I first discussed it. Let’s see what happens.

Lol I thought same thing!

#13342 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Lol I thought same thing!

I will post this for posterity for the Million Dollar Man and myself being ahead of the curve. Up 22.79% in 6 days.

2021-06-09t10-57-47 (resized).png2021-06-09t10-57-47 (resized).png
#13343 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I will post this for posterity for the Million Dollar Man and myself being ahead of the curve. Up 22.79% in 6 days.[quoted image]

Nice trade

#13344 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I will post this for posterity for the Million Dollar Man and myself being ahead of the curve. Up 22.79% in 6 days.[quoted image]

Nice job and GREAT call! I looked at WWE that day and I got distracted and forgot all about it! Was busy buying calls on CLOV, BB and WKHS. Sold CLOV today for 1,200% gain. BB was alright. Still holding WKHS. Made 85% on AMC as well.

#13345 2 years ago

Pay attention to the part about inflation indicators and the margin debt ratios....this is a great report. I may have to move on my accounts out of Fidelity over to Schwab

https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/insights/content/market-snapshot?cmp=em-RBL

Tick tock....CPI at 8:30 AM tomorrow....if it's mild or less than the spike from last month we'll be ok for the next couple of months, if it's bad....look out!

#13346 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice job and GREAT call! I looked at WWE that day and I got distracted and forgot all about it! Was busy buying calls on CLOV, BB and WKHS. Sold CLOV today for 1,200% gain. BB was alright. Still holding WKHS. Made 85% on AMC as well.

Nice moves!

#13347 2 years ago

DBLM where does ORCL sit these days?
I have owned the stock since 2016 and its had a nice run this year

#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

DBLM where does ORCL sit these days?
I have owned the stock since 2016 and its had a nice run this year

You are going to laugh, but that is one stock I really have not tracked in years because it was always range bound. It has had a great run here this year. Sorry, don't have a feel for you on on this one.

#13349 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who did you refi with?

The real finance nerds

The real finance nerds have already paid off their mortgage. Stop buying pins, start throwing extra principal at that new loan and you'll pay it off a lot faster than 6 months before the end of the loan. Paid mine off at age 39 with three kiddos. Bought a fixer upper in 2008 for 150k. Now worth about 450k

#13350 2 years ago

Thanks! Keep them tips coming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/267?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.