Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 421.
#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am still in on MAC and PINS, up on both.
I like Ford. Wish I had bought some when it was a couple dollars cheaper.
I have to think RKT will go up at least 10% within a couple months.

nailed it, RKT up 14% just today.

#13202 2 years ago

I could be wrong but this time it sort of feels like MAC is just getting started on an upward trend despite going up over the last three weeks. Re-openings are happening and people are itching to get out more.
mac1 (resized).JPGmac1 (resized).JPG

#13203 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wwe is definitely worth a look. I bought at 47 months ago and rode it to 57 and sold.
They have long term deals in place with fox, peacock and Saudi Arabia. Live touring also starts in July.
It’s been rumored to be sold for a year or two now. NBC, fox or even possibly the saudis. I heard number around 8b.
They have trimmed tons of talent last two months and shuffled a lot of mgmt.
Vince is around 75 and may be looking for an exit.
Despite dwindling viewership they are more profitable than ever.
Pre covid stock was low 80s, if sold might go there again.
Do your own dd.

The Million Dollar Man is spot on in his assessment. I have done very well with WWE in the past.

In for 375 shares.

2F81BA4C-4B78-4066-BFF0-99789CAB3235.gif2F81BA4C-4B78-4066-BFF0-99789CAB3235.gif
#13204 2 years ago

Might not do much but I think wwe is pretty safe right now as it won’t go any lower imho.

Could bump 10% or so with touring.

Long term the sale could happen.

#13205 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

it won’t go any lower imho.

If I had $50 for every time I heard that.....

#13206 2 years ago

LOL. Hadn't even looked at AMC the last few days...66?? I sold at 20 lol...crazy.

#13207 2 years ago

It would be awesome if Louis Rukeyser and Paul Kangas were still alive and well. I would love to see them report on the idiotic valuations of AMC, GME and of course TSLA and the antics of the cult leader.

#13208 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL. Hadn't even looked at AMC the last few days...66?? I sold at 20 lol...crazy.

I sold at $7...after buying at $19!! lol

#13209 2 years ago

I bought AMC at 14 and sold at 18 during the last squeeze. What happened today is nuts!

#13210 2 years ago

Another +7.64% jump on OIH today.

Now that is just f ing peanuts in the world of investing today. If you aren’t making 100% a day in AMC, GME and other meme’s then you ain’t shit.

Wtf. Lol

#13211 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I hope you listened and didn't sell. If you did you're up another 20% this morning.

I sold at $35. I’m ok with that. Yes it popped today but it could have easily dropped to 20 as well.

#13212 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another +7.64% jump on OIH today.
Now that is just f ing peanuts in the world of investing today. If you aren’t making 100% a day in AMC, GME and other meme’s then you ain’t shit.
Wtf. Lol

Sold my xom this morning for some nice gains, put it all into OIH and XOP about 15 minutes after the market opened for more stellar gains! I also bought a single share of AMC at around $29 just to be a part of the madness.

#13213 2 years ago

The amc share was bought yesterday.

#13214 2 years ago

WKHS, CLOV, BLNK, and TTCF are good swing trades with high short interest. Can’t wait for the opening bell to grab a few calls!

#13215 2 years ago

POSH is also ready

#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

WKHS, CLOV, BLNK, and TTCF are good swing trades with high short interest. Can’t wait for the opening bell to grab a few calls!

To buy or sell?

#13217 2 years ago

AI

Its fun being both right and wrong about a stock. Right that earnings were gonna hurt, wrong that it would have a huge run up into earnings.

Been fun to watch though.

#13218 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

POSH is also ready

The time to buy POSH was a couple weeks ago on the day they announced the partnership with SNAP. It's gone from $35 to $51 since then. I dumped my remaining shares yesterday. Battled that one since the day after it IPO'd. I made probably 50 trades in it. Overall I lost $7700 on shares, but made $8100 on options. Nice to be done with it and get a "win".

#13219 2 years ago

AMC ought to be interesting today with their instant new share issue news.

Could this be a new form of market manipulation?

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Didn't they do that the last time it went up?

#13221 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Didn't they do that the last time it went up?

This new one is an "at the market" offering. They can dump shares on retail investors any time they want during the day. In theory, that should limit upside.

#13222 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It's not manipulation at all, it's very smart on AMC's part
Their business has been significantly impacted by the virus and the stock is up way too high right now
Makes 100% sense to sell shares at this absurd valuation and raise more cash. Very smart move.

#13223 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

There business has been significantly impacted by the virus and the stock is up way too high right now
Makes 100% sense to sell shares at this absurd valuation and raise more cash. Very smart move.

Agreed. They have a huge debt burden and it would be fiscal malfeasance to not take advantage of this opportunity.

I mean, they were a nose hair away from bankruptcy 6 months ago or so. Diluting shareholders to keep the company afloat is a viable solution.

Sucks for the apes though.

#13224 2 years ago

To buy but it looks like they are slamming everything atm

#13225 2 years ago

Any guesstimates on how far WKHS is gonna run?

#13226 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Everything is a manipulation! Lol. It's a decent tool to use to raise money. I think it works best if your company is capable of making money and using money efficiently. AMC doesn't fit that criteria for me.

Note: I'm an idiot who has no money, don't listen to me unless you hate money. Not financial advice

#13227 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

It does have high short interest but who knows with all the manipulation

#13228 2 years ago

My AMC puts are slowly but surely starting to pay off

#13229 2 years ago

Been a while but back in the green with CCIV!

#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Reddit or Stocktwits is probably your best bet. The fundamentals are non existent so I can not give an educated guess.

#13231 2 years ago

For the chump changer crowd F and GM up another 5% today.

#13232 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I sold at $35. I’m ok with that. Yes it popped today but it could have easily dropped to 20 as well.

I think you did ok @djreddog. The tape on AMC is bowling shoe ugly this AM. Hope you took your gains and bought a case of Smoke Wagon.

2021-06-03t11-21-48 (resized).png2021-06-03t11-21-48 (resized).png
#13233 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Their business has been significantly impacted by the virus and the stock is up way too high right now

I agree with everything you mentioned. I have never heard of a filing to immediately issue and sell additional shares later the same day. Unless it is Treasury Stock shares.

#13234 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I agree with everything you mentioned. I have never heard of a filing to immediately issue and sell additional shares later the same day. Unless it is Treasury Stock shares.

You can file and just have it on the shelf to use when you want. A few REITs I have been following have an ATM shelf offering always on file, but they tend to use that cash to buy property.

#13235 2 years ago

Now AMC is positive! WTF? This is the craziest stuff. People are riding the lightning...I hope they know what they are doing.

2021-06-03t14-03-14 (resized).png2021-06-03t14-03-14 (resized).png
#13236 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Now AMC is positive! WTF? This is the craziest stuff. People are riding the lightning...I hope they know what they are doing.
[quoted image]

Company announces they will sell a boatload of shares, stock tanks. Few hours later Company announces they have completed sale of boatload of shares, stock moons.

Meanwhile I haven’t even finished my popcorn from yesterday. Maybe I should change my handle to Turtle.

#13237 2 years ago

Psth = Universal Music Group?

Down 11% after hours

#13238 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Psth = Universal Music Group?
Down 11% after hours

That is pretty much the opposite of Stripe.

That dude kpg was pimping this hard last year but have not seen him around here in months. Wonder what his thoughts are on this.

#13239 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Company announces they will sell a boatload of shares, stock tanks. Few hours later Company announces they have completed sale of boatload of shares, stock moons.
Meanwhile I haven’t even finished my popcorn from yesterday. Maybe I should change my handle to Turtle.

Mind if I have some? I might buy some AMC after it tanks again

3873044D-8F71-4A23-AB72-E8FF3803EAEB.gif3873044D-8F71-4A23-AB72-E8FF3803EAEB.gif
#13240 2 years ago

F is single handedly making me money right now...sad.

#13241 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I sold at $7...after buying at $19!! lol

I also sold at $7 with an average of $14.

#13242 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That dude kpg was pimping this hard last year but have not seen him around here in months. Wonder what his thoughts are on this.

#13243 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

dumped mine just under 33 - had a gut feeling on that one. haven't looked at the price until now - holy crap!

#13244 2 years ago

Who knows what will happen with PSTH. Universal Music is a big deal but nothing like Stripe or the like. I would have to think that people are looking at this as a let down. The SPAC was for 20/share, so let’s see what happens.

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Who knows what will happen with PSTH. Universal Music is a big deal but nothing like Stripe or the like. I would have to think that people are looking at this as a let down. The SPAC was for 20/share, so let’s see what happens.

I like the target, I hate how much it looks like he paid for it.

Might be way off base but, it feels like it’s a value play at a growth price. In 2021, “growth price” has not been something you want to pin to yourself.

I’m sure Bill will be fine though.

#13246 2 years ago

Fwiw, talked to a client whose company is implementing Snowflake right now and says it’s unreal and could own the future of AI machine learning.

Motley Advisor started UPST today, the lending disruptive company for small and medium size banks

Not sure I like their revenue model but they get the majority of their revenues from Intuit and another credit company on loan decisions based on hundreds of machine learning consumer data points

Not sure where or if the recurring revenue model is possible but they have a huge market opportunity regardless

They have already popped big post IPO and since we bought it in small quantity around $120. Wait for a pullback?

#13247 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fwiw, talked to a client whose company is implementing Snowflake right now and says it’s unreal and could own the future of AI machine learning.
Motley Advisor started UPST today, the lending disruptive company for small and medium size banks
Not sure I like their revenue model but they get the majority of their revenues from Intuit and another credit company on loan decisions based on hundreds of machine learning consumer data points
Not sure where or if the recurring revenue model is possible but they have a huge market opportunity regardless
They have already popped big post IPO and since we bought it in small quantity around $120. Wait for a pullback?

Hey Ice,

Keep in mind Snowflake is a data warehouse, not an AI engine. What it does, it does incredibly well. You will run AI algorithms on the Snowflake data. They are complimentary, but completely separate things.

#13248 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey Ice,
Keep in mind Snowflake is a data warehouse, not an AI engine. What it does, it does incredibly well. You will run AI algorithms on the Snowflake data. They are complimentary, but completely separate things.

I’m trying to understand all that and who the f ing winners are going to be.

What about Unity in the 3D rendering arena?

Who has the dominant AI engines?

My client says they run AI algos on Snow data in 30 minutes versus what would take 30 days before

And he says Data Robot, which is not public yet, is another monster that helps them with the “run time” on Microsoft Azure” and AWS

In other words it might cost $40 to run something because the servers shut down after it’s calculated versus $400 if it keeps on running!

#13249 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:I’m trying to understand all that and who the f ing winners are going to be.
What about Unity in the 3D rendering arena?
Who has the dominant AI engines?
My client says they run AI algos on Snow data in 30 minutes versus what would take 30 days before
And he says Data Robot, which is not public yet, is another monster that helps them with the “run time” on Microsoft Azure” and AWS
In other words it might cost $40 to run something because the servers shut down after it’s calculated versus $400 if it keeps on running!

None of the valuations in the 3d engine/gaming area make sense at the moment. Unity is a great product but the company doesn't make any money for some reason, and if they're not making money on a billion in sales they're probably never going to make money.

Roblox is almost worth as much as Nintendo. Ridiculous. And they're not even profitable.

So it's hard to determine good value. I do own a little bit of Unity and a decent amount of Nintendo, but no Roblox. Nintendo I personally think is a steal where it's at...PE of 16, 2.5% dividend, growing industry and they have IP which is worth more than anyone else's. It's the lowest PE it has had in the past 5 years, where it was more in the 25 to 30 range.

#13250 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

None of the valuations in the 3d engine/gaming area make sense at the moment. Unity is a great product but the company doesn't make any money for some reason, and if they're not making money on a billion in sales they're probably never going to make money.
Roblox is almost worth as much as Nintendo. Ridiculous. And they're not even profitable.
So it's hard to determine good value. I do own a little bit of Unity and a decent amount of Nintendo, but no Roblox. Nintendo I personally think is a steal where it's at...PE of 16, 2.5% dividend, growing industry and they have IP which is worth more than anyone else's. It's the lowest PE it has had in the past 5 years, where it was more in the 25 to 30 range.

Hmm, I like common sense! Never even thought of Nintendo as an alternative.

Low PE and a nice Div to boot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/265?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.