Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 421.
#13101 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They aren't getting Bond, and a few other big ones. In fact the whole thing is...questionable.

I thought Bond was the main point of the deal.

#13102 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was doing the same thing with Kodak for about half a year. Did pretty well on it overall. Do you normally buy the shares on the Weds/Thurs and just write calls close to the money for the Friday? 5% for a couple days is very good return.

That's what I did this time. It just felt right and safe this week with everything going up. Usually I buy stuff I want to own and sell them out 1-2 weeks a bit out of the money

#13103 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Where are you seeing they aren’t getting Bond?
I know Warner media owns the ooold stuff, but thought mostly everything post 1986 was included.

I saw at least 5 articles (3 this morning) stating they were not, but of course when I go to find one, I can't.

I did find this...which..doesn't say they don't, but it does state they do not have exclusive rights to new Bond films - at least initially, and that many properties are already going to other streaming services....so I'm not sure.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bond-survivor-those-apprentice-tapes-201100805.html

If I see something more definitive I'll post.

James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson have vowed to keep the iconic British spy in movie theaters, despite streaming giant Amazon’s $8.45 billion acquisition of 007 studio MGM.

“We are committed to continuing to make James Bond films for the worldwide theatrical audience,” Broccoli and Wilson, who run London-headquartered Eon Productions, told Variety in a statement.

#13104 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I saw at least 5 articles (3 this morning) stating they were not, but of course when I go to find one, I can't.
I did find this...which..doesn't say they don't, but it does state they do not have exclusive rights to new Bond films - at least initially, and that many properties are already going to other streaming services....so I'm not sure.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bond-survivor-those-apprentice-tapes-201100805.html
If I see something more definitive I'll post.
James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson have vowed to keep the iconic British spy in movie theaters, despite streaming giant Amazon’s $8.45 billion acquisition of 007 studio MGM.
“We are committed to continuing to make James Bond films for the worldwide theatrical audience,” Broccoli and Wilson, who run London-headquartered Eon Productions, told Variety in a statement.

You are mixing apples and oranges. They will own Bond, but the new movie is going to theaters first.

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have been a big fan of HEXO for a long time. Not too keen on issuing more shares for this recent purchase.

Yeah I’ve had it for a couple months now, probably sell it for a profit later today.

#13106 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You are mixing apples and oranges. They will own Bond, but the new movie is going to theaters first.

Own old content but still need permission from another party for a Jame Bond TV series.

#13107 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That's nice, but still wishing I had sold hiti before the 15% recent hair cut but of course glad I went back in. I doubt the runup to nasdaq will be too crazy, but I will hold for now, and yes do see the potential long term.
I do want to get back heavily into OIH, but obviously there are other, riskier plays out there that are hard to ignore.

Yeah I bought too much when it was 70 cents. Bought more at 59 and 53 cents usd.

Not going to get rich but be nice to get my money out and a bit of profit.

Hopefully goes up 2-3$ from here. Probably just dump it all at that point then take a smaller position if it goes back down and hold long term.

#13108 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Own old content but still need permission from another party for a Jame Bond TV series.

But that’s how it always was for mgm too. MGM only ever owned 50%…now Amazon owns their 50%.

MGM has some very convoluted licensing agreements, which Amazon will inherent, but it’s not like some other limbs are being cut off here and there.

At least that’s how I understand it.

#13109 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

But that’s how it always was for mgm too. MGM only ever owned 50%…now Amazon owns their 50%.
MGM has some very convoluted licensing agreements, which Amazon will inherent, but it’s not like some other limbs are being cut off here and there.
At least that’s how I understand it.

Oaken is correct. Here are two good articles that explain things.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/bond-e2-80-98survivor-e2-80-99-and-those-e2-80-98apprentice-e2-80-99-tapes-5-burning-questions-about-amazon-and-mgm-e2-80-99s-mega-deal/ar-AAKsggA?ocid=uxbndlbing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/amazon-buys-mgm-setting-up-prime-video-for-james-bond-rocky-to-move-in/ar-AAKp5Q3?ocid=uxbndlbing

#13110 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yeah I bought too much when it was 70 cents. Bought more at 59 and 53 cents usd.
Not going to get rich but be nice to get my money out and a bit of profit.
Hopefully goes up 2-3$ from here. Probably just dump it all at that point then take a smaller position if it goes back down and hold long term.

I think Hiti is going to be one of those stocks I am in and out of for awhile as I see the potential. My first purchase of the stock was only recently at .63CAD as it felt too high before that. Short term, dilutions will be an issue, and the weed sector in general. Company will grow, but will need to raise a lot of money to do it.

#13111 2 years ago

Can't get any more technically sound than energy right now.

On April 22 OIH dipped to $174 and rallied right back. Started accumulating big at $192 on May 3rd.

Now 4th largest position at 82,212 shares. Also adding XOP in lesser numbers

Just the facts here. Not just some leg tingle feel . Although that works too!
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.10.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.10.24 PM (resized).png

#13112 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yeah I’ve had it for a couple months now, probably sell it for a profit later today.

Pre-reverse split it is still pretty cheap. They will likely get bought out down the road. Maybe Molson will buy the remaining shares?

#13113 2 years ago

Ok well I didn’t know that! Lol might have to buy back in when price looks good.

Sold my hexo as promised. Shoulda sold this morning but it’s tough to work ft and watch market. All good, lesson I need to learn is to just take small wins when trading.

Still holding ogi, cgc and Hiti.

Let’s see what next week brings.

#13114 2 years ago

Weed sector doing well today, hopefully it's not a 1 day thing and has some legs.

#13115 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't get any more technically sound than energy right now.
On April 22 OIH dipped to $174 and rallied right back. Started accumulating big at $192 on May 3rd.
Now 4th largest position at 82,212 shares. Also adding XOP in lesser numbers
Just the facts here. Not just some leg tingle feel . Although that works too!
[quoted image]

In your opinion would I be better off closing my position in XOM with stock appreciation and a pending dividend on the way and take those funds and put them into an OIH and/ or XOP at the moment? I have pretty limited exposure to energy outside of my work accounts. I know my family and I are making up for lost time when it comes to travel this summer! Looks like the number of people visiting tourist destinations is and has been going gangbusters the last few months and the summer numbers will be huge! Thanks

#13116 2 years ago

Run TELL run,,,BOOM BOOM. another 13% today.

#13117 2 years ago

I sold my HITIF a month or so ago and glad to be out of it, I went with Cron, the Marlboro backed US pot company, it just seemed like a bigger play. It's gone up 23.42%

#13118 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

In your opinion would I be better off closing my position in XOM with stock appreciation and a pending dividend on the way and take those funds and put them into an OIH and/ or XOP at the moment? I have pretty limited exposure to energy outside of my work accounts. I know my family and I are making up for lost time when it comes to travel this summer! Looks like the number of people visiting tourist destinations is and has been going gangbusters the last few months and the summer numbers will be huge! Thanks

I would do that and divide it into the XOP and OIH. Much more diversified and higher upside imho

I don't buy the XLE because XOM and Chevron make up about 45% of the overall weighting in the ETF

#13119 2 years ago

Very young client Roth. A beautiful thing! Nothing to rebalance. But down over last few months.

Actually Monster and Disney could get axed for Unity

I call this model “Blast off”.

Took "unrealized" gain/loss down, not buying some of those positions today, just holding . My publicly filed SEC quarterly form 13F shows all current holdings and position adjustments in the qtr. AAPL, PINS, V, MELI, SE and SHOP still top 10.

#13120 2 years ago

Thanks ice!!

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would do that and divide it into the XOP and OIH. Much more diversified and higher upside imho
I don't buy the XLE because XOM and Chevron make up about 45% of the overall weighting in the ETF

Thanks, also I made a nice chunk of change on XOM, thanks for the recommendation!

#13122 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Very young client Roth. A beautiful thing! Nothing to rebalance. But down over last few months.
Actually Monster and Disney could get axed for Unity
I call this model “Blast off”.
[quoted image]

He can't be that young if he got into APPLE at an average cost of $27.

#13123 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

5 years ago

#13124 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The first bite of Apple came on Aug. 17, 2014 for about $12k. That position has remained "locked" since then.

Apple is up 396% in 5 years. So the timing wasn't perfect.

All of the other positions, via a small Roth conversion, including Shopify up 725% were purchased on 1/11/19. Maybe you remember the Fed raising rates in the 4th qtr of 2018 then reverse course, Apple missed it's numbers due to China for the first time ever that holiday season.

What a Xmas buying season that was. Never forget working on Xmas eve and the weeks after scooping up sales . It was a terrible market that 4th quarter. A sign of what's coming when the FED does have to begin raising rates in the future.

Next time opportunity knocks, be ready, Jan of 2019 after the 4th qtr selloff and April/May of 2020.

I guess it's true, 30 isn't so young?

#13125 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The first bite of Apple came on Aug. 17, 2014 for about $12k. That position has remained "locked" since then.
Apple is up 396% in 5 years. So the timing wasn't perfect.
All of the other positions, via a small Roth conversion, including Shopify up 725% were purchased on 1/11/19. Maybe you remember the Fed raising rates in the 4th qtr of 2018 then reverse course, Apple missed it's numbers due to China for the first time ever that holiday season.
What a Xmas buying season that was. Never forget working on Xmas eve and the weeks after scooping up sales . It was a terrible market that 4th quarter. A sign of what's coming when the FED does have to begin raising rates in the future.
Next time opportunity knocks, be ready, Jan of 2019 after the 4th qtr selloff and April/May of 2020.
I guess it's true, 30 isn't so young?

Lol...that kid is ruined....trust me, he probably thinks making money is reeeal easy. He's in for a rude awaking.

#13126 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...that kid is ruined....trust me, he probably thinks making money is reeeal easy. He's in for a rude awaking.

Lol. She pays NO attention and has no clue how good that is! She will later in life, how about the next 40+ years to compound gains tax free? Most of the young ones think life goes on forever.

If we could only go back in time and do some things over again.

#13127 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. She pays NO attention and has no clue how good that is! She will later in life, how about the next 40+ years to compound gains tax free? Most of the young ones think life goes on forever.

I hear you, I sold Amazon at 60. I sold Google too at 150, Oh boy, funny.

#13129 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wish I bought AAPL shares back around 1980 instead of spending $2k on an Apple computer

#13130 2 years ago

My oldest AAPL was from 2009 at $4-5/share price adjusted for splits.

#13131 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My oldest AAPL was from 2009 at $4-5/share price adjusted for splits

The time to drop 10grrr was when the first IPhone came out.

#13132 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

When Bill Gates appeared at Macworld in 97 was the time to buy. But of course that would have required a big set of brass ones given it looked like Mac as a hardware platform was going away.

#13133 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

No shit. If only!

What stocks will we be saying that 10-15 yrs from now?

#13134 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No shit. If only!

GME!

#13135 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No shit. If only!

Hmm, that's a hard question but I would guess companies that are dabbling in CRISPR tech could potentially be worth hundreds of billions in the future...I would also bet Crypto is going to be very profitable since it's gone mainstream.

#13136 2 years ago

Companies I like for 10 years down the road:

Etsy
Fiverr
Docusign
PayPal

Companies that make money now, have a large opportunity to grow, and are good products. If they don’t make money currently I wouldn’t even consider them, very few unprofitable companies become juggernauts. In fact the only one I can think of is Tesla, and that seems like more of an anomaly or bubble than anything else as they don’t actually dominate any part of their industry but are valued as if they sell more cars than everyone else combined.

#13137 2 years ago

Commodities are back on a roll today

#13138 2 years ago

REITs are looking good today. My watchlist for them is green and my fun play in WPG is very green today.

#13139 2 years ago

Been a while, but CCIV!

#13140 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

REITs are looking good today. My watchlist for them is green and my fun play in WPG is very green today.

This is an inflation play...I'm looking to get into MORT and VNQ waiting for a pullback

#13141 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

For those that like penny cannabis stocks
Sundial Growers Inc. (SNDL) is a buy up to $0.85

Closed my position today for a 20% gain in 1 month, not bad

#13142 2 years ago

Oil has been on a roll. THIS is how you look at the "technicals"
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.04.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.04.01 PM (resized).png

#13143 2 years ago

More info

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.06.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.06.05 PM (resized).png
#13144 2 years ago

The S&P 500 has been FLAT since April 16th. BUT...the advance/decline is a +1,247 to an all time signaling MORE upside to come.

Energy, financials and materials continue to lead the way for now

OIH and XOP up over 4% today and that crapper MAC is up another 5.5% today.

#13145 2 years ago

I'm still sitting on my puny 83 shares of AMC I grabbed back in January for $4.70. Should I dump them now or keep on holding?

#13146 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'm still sitting on my puny 83 shares of AMC I grabbed back in January for $4.70. Should I dump them now or keep on holding?

HODL for 100k per share! But I'm an idiot with this stuff, so don't listen to me.

#13147 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

sell and don't look back

#13148 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Take the money and run. Buy you some Smoke Wagon with your gains.

#13149 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Take the money and run. Buy you some Smoke Wagon with your gains.

Bookmarking this. Will check back in 6 months

#13150 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Bookmarking this. Will check back in 6 months

I think the Smokewagon will be worth more in the 6 months than this stock. Good thing our buddy in AZ is hooking you up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/263?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.