kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 420.
#13001 2 years ago

Today looks like a good day to make 529 contributions..

#13002 2 years ago

I don't see any buying opportunities in the stock market today, only down about 2.5%, I would consider picking up some quality names after another 2.5% pull back....I noticed tech is holding up a little better than the broader market. So we may witness a good time to go back into the tech names soon.

#13003 2 years ago

My commodities are even getting hammered today - Still in about 80% cash so not a huge problem right now.

#13004 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

My commodities are even getting hammered today - Still in about 80% cash so not a huge problem right now.

Commodities are topped out, lumber has dropped 30%...so the rest will likely follow suit. All about the taking the air out of the reopening, so in other words, they're saying the reopening boom is already priced in....this is where we'll stay in the doldrums till a catalyst is introduced. That could be great data, employment, wage increase, consumer spending or bad data, inflation, tax increases and consumer confidence.

Edit: Stock tip for next week: GE

#13005 2 years ago

Why do you think this?

Quoted from kvan99:

Edit: Stock tip for next week: GE

#13006 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Why do you think this?

Multiple upgrades and big news with newly secured wind farm contracts.

#13007 2 years ago

I really do not get these dips...from 2% down to green...

Things moving way too fast for my liking...people can't make up their minds.

#13008 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I really do not get these dips...from 2% down to green...
Things moving way too fast for my liking...people can't make up their minds.

traders don't make money without volatility

#13009 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

traders don't make money without volatility

You got that right on the money.

My 16 year old recently decided to invest $300 in the market, one share of DIS and one S&P index fund share. Poor kid bought at the wrong time and is hating the mouse for devaluing her investment by $13.

In some ways, this is better than immediate gains as it will show her why I subscribe to buy and hold.

#13010 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

My 16 year old recently decided to invest $300 in the market, one share of DIS and one S&P index fund share. Poor kid bought at the wrong time and is hating the mouse for devaluing her investment by $13.
In some ways, this is better than immediate gains as it will show her why I subscribe to buy and hold.

Really it’s nice if you do buy and hold that some things go down you buy more (on sale) this is especially good if you are adding money every month. Dividend reinvestment is great too over a long period of time. I’ve got a new group of 15 stocks I’ve been buying a bit over the past few months just adding more as o get some money together. The point is the ones that fall a bit I buy more of because I’m trying to get them all up around the same level. So I’m not looking at what is up or down just adding money to even them up.

It’s great when young kids can invest because they have so much time to let the stocks grow.

#13011 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Excellent! Really good to see girls get into investing. They tend to hold back compared to men. It’s a thing. Understanding compounding interest over time and dollar cost averaging especially during downturns is key to new investors.

I hope she keeps learning and sticks with it and puts down a 10% contribution on her 401k when he gets her first job. I remember going over with my then GF and now wife’s 401K options when she got her first job out of college at $10 an hour back in 1995. She decided to do the 10%, got promotions, worked hard and maxed out her 401k shortly after and now she is pushing seven figures in her 401k and rollover IRA’s.

You aren’t the gunslinger trader type Investingdad and that is totally ok because you do have solid knowledge of all he basics of saving and investing which could get 99% of the folks out there to the finish line if the applied what you know and do I in their own lives. I Respect that greatly.

And I have a daughter myself.

#13012 2 years ago

Looking a bit better today than yesterday

#13013 2 years ago

Four of my five kids have money in stocks, mostly DIS, NTDOY, WMT. My 15 year-old son is making the brilliant decision of investing in add-ons for online video games instead of stocks. I'm sure that will pay off.

#13014 2 years ago

I set my young adult daughter up with a wealthfront account and have her adding a few $100 a month.
She can get into the ritual of saving money without having to learn the intricacies of stock picking
Told her not to worry about the day to day activity, years from now it will be worth significantly more.

#13015 2 years ago

Roth IRA if they earn income is the way to go.

#13018 2 years ago

Personally, I would look at F vs CCIV. The new F150 Lightning that they showed off was impressive yesterday (especially in the fact that it looks like a realistic truck and has bonafides vs some of the other concepts out there). They hit the right note on pricing and options, and evidently already have reservations for 20K of them.

#13019 2 years ago

Now if they'd only turn the divs back on...

#13020 2 years ago
#13021 2 years ago

I'm in a worse position than you on CCIV but it's a wait and hold for me.

likeyoucrazy (resized).pnglikeyoucrazy (resized).png
#13022 2 years ago

Sold high tide at 9.2 cad.

Was only intended to be a short term play, unfortunately the 9.6 cad bought public offering put a stop to that plan. Gl everyone that still owns it.

#13023 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My 15 year-old son is making the brilliant decision of investing in add-ons for online video games instead of stocks.

Funny, my kids seem to be attracted to this investment strategy as well.

#13025 2 years ago

I opened a small position in AT&T a few weeks ago, happy I just started it and haven’t built it out. Picked it up as a big dividend payer, word is the dividend is being cut in half. I’ll be unloading this one.

#13026 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Sold high tide at 9.2 cad.
Was only intended to be a short term play, unfortunately the 9.6 cad bought public offering put a stop to that plan. Gl everyone that still owns it.

Yeah that public offering really fucked up everything. It’s down almost 2$ cdn.

#13027 2 years ago

#13028 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I opened a small position in AT&T a few weeks ago, happy I just started it and haven’t built it out. Picked it up as a big dividend payer, word is the dividend is being cut in half. I’ll be unloading this one.

I bought 800 shares myself, I'll dump it once we get the discovery shares but we might have to hold on till next year to get those shares allocated.

Looks like tech is back in vogue.....even oil is back. Amazing, just amazing, no rhyme or reason, lol. I guess we have to keep playing the musical chairs till the Fed makes some tapering comment then back to panic mode.

Edit: Holy crap, I just noticed BA, I hope some of you picked up some at 121 when I posted about it.

#13029 2 years ago

Can someone explain this Roblox lingo below? Seems like when new hits like this the stock seems to go up. Not sure what this all means.
Robox is $84.33 as I write this and news in ameritrade says:

Roblox option Alert. June 4 $95 calls at the ask: 4888 @1.4 vs 270 OI.

I need to know what this means exactly.

#13030 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Can someone explain this Roblox lingo below? Seems like when new hits like this the stock seems to go up. Not sure what this all means.
Robox is $84.33 as I write this and news in ameritrade says:
Roblox option Alert. June 4 $95 calls at the ask: 4888 @1.4 vs 270 OI.
I need to know what this means exactly.

Somebody thinks Roblox will be worth more than $96.40 on June 4th.

#13031 2 years ago

Thanks for this info lonacer. Why do stocks tend to jump when this kind of news is reported though? Any idea?

#13032 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Thanks for this info lonacer. Why do stocks tend to jump when this kind of news is reported though? Any idea?

Speculation. Someone placed a big bet (about 600k) that it will be above that strike at the expiration, so others take notice and basically expect that the bettor knows something about a near term catalyst. There's also people jumping in on swings expecting that a bet that big in itself might move the market.

#13033 2 years ago

Massive F moves today...almost thinking about dumping it.

#13034 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Massive F moves today...almost thinking about dumping it.

The problem with Ford is the stock never goes anywhere....just pull up the 5 yr or 10 yr....heck go back to 1973...this is as high as it will go.

#13035 2 years ago

iceman44 lives!

#13036 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The problem with Ford is the stock never goes anywhere....just pull up the 5 yr or 10 yr....heck go back to 1973...this is as high as it will go.

Well F is a great div stock for the price, not a growth stock. The problem is it's bad news every other week with this company and they aren't as shiny as Tesla. I'm up around 35% on them as of now. However, as of the pandemic, they stopped the dividend, and I have no idea when they plan to bring it back. My point was, it is up on the F-150 Lightning news and them wanting to make batteries, but I think it will short excitement and then back down to 11-12. I'm thinking about cashing out and waiting until it either drops considerably or they re-instate their dividend.

#13037 2 years ago

Nevermind, read the whole comment.

#13040 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

iceman44 lives!

Yes I made it through a knee replacement and another tax season at the same time somehow!

My man Tom Lee, is still strong short term on OIH and IWM. Pounds it daily

Hit it hard at $193

Thinks plus 25% from here in short fashion.

Sees a “melt up” in June for various reasons

You’ve prob seen him interviewed on CNBC lately banging the drum!

I’m still very long Apple, Pins, Shop, TTD amongst others. U has been an add again

Barbell approach

Adding F and GM to mix on Monday. Should have hit F right after they showed that F150 ev. Want to own it for one year

GM is selling Escalades as fast as they can move them off the line for MSRP. I waited 5 months for mine.

What an awesome car and piece of technology. Throw in the EV for the future

Super assist is crazy. Not driverless but similar

#13041 2 years ago

Glad to hear ok bro...and hopefully medicated

#13042 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought 800 shares myself, I'll dump it once we get the discovery shares but we might have to hold on till next year to get those shares allocated.
Looks like tech is back in vogue.....even oil is back. Amazing, just amazing, no rhyme or reason, lol. I guess we have to keep playing the musical chairs till the Fed makes some tapering comment then back to panic mode.
Edit: Holy crap, I just noticed BA, I hope some of you picked up some at 121 when I posted about it.

BA is one I figured would take another 9 months to a year to really pop, once everyone was buying planes again. I’d still like to own this one eventually.

#13043 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

BA is one I figured would take another 9 months to a year to really pop, once everyone was buying planes again. I’d still like to own this one eventually.

Look at GE

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflying.com/indigo-cfm-a320neo-deal/amp/

EDIT: Dumped VIAC....looks lethargic even with the all the upgrades. I bought some crypto, not much because I still don't trust it. There is more talk happening about FED tapering, if it does come to pass this year expect a nice pullback, that's why I need to stash some cash to be able to pounce when the time comes. Problems is the market may go up another 10 percent before that happens so that's the trade off.

#13044 2 years ago

Any suggestions for good dividend yield stocks other than EPD and QYLD?

#13045 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

RFMZ, DEM, EMLC

#13046 2 years ago

Boeing! "Dar she blows" over 240!

#13047 2 years ago

BXMT

#13048 2 years ago

GME and AMC going nuts right now.

#13049 2 years ago

BTI, MO, PBA, WMB, MMP

#13050 2 years ago

gotta admit, I've been sandbagging AMC...didn't think I'd be making a profit on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.