Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 421.
#12951 2 years ago

Michael Burry of The Big Short fame bet a cool half billion dollars against Tesla! I knew it, I just didn't have the balls, it's more of a cult than company. I can't fight that.

#12952 2 years ago

Edit : wrong thread.
Sorry!

#12953 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to always bring up ADA, but for anyone who has some, I thought this would be a good article to share.
I'm excited for smart contracts to be here soon, but I'm even more excited for the arrival of the erc-20 converter that is coming with them.
https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2021/05/17/bringing-erc20-to-cardano/

Wow, thanks for that....that fee chart looks crazy. So is this Erc-20 a token like the others? or is it a convertible token medium where you can convert any other token into it?
Can you answer me in the other forum for crypto please?

edit: Ecr-20 is basically a standard...

#12954 2 years ago

OH is launching 5 million dollar lotteries if you have received at least one vaccine dose. I'm buying deadpool again if I win.

edit - best thing is it is funded by federal $$ - how awesome is that - politicians sure know how to waste money....

#12955 2 years ago

Put even more money in high tide today, I think I missed the part where I am supposed to be diversified.

#12956 2 years ago

I have a new take on inflation and the possible tax hike, (we can get to it in detail later) but my new thesis is that to use Dimon's adage "A tempest in a teapot" ....I think we will see a few days of serious pull back but then there will an explosion of buying to the upside, due to economic activity numbers that we and the world will put up later as the economies opens up....also inflation will have to cause the stocks to appreciate also, why not? The forward PEs will have to preserved. Anyway, last piece of musing, Crypto for better or worse is here to stay....and it will only gain in popularity, so we can either miss the train or get on. I need to do more research into this, I hate buying things I don't fully understand but I can see Bitcoin heading to 100k.

#12957 2 years ago

Interesting thing about crypto is to watch exactly how much it is manipulated by people with $$$. Musk is just an example of how they play with their ant farms (bitcoin and doge)

bitcoin.gifbitcoin.gif
#12958 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Interesting thing about crypto is to watch exactly how much it is manipulated by people with $$$. Musk is just an example of how they play with their ant farms (bitcoin and doge)
[quoted image]

Are you implying that the stock market isn’t manipulated by people with money?

#12959 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Are you implying that the stock market isn’t manipulated by people with money?

No - just that people may not realize how all these markets are.

#12960 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought Ethereum and believe it or not Doge...I know Doge is bullshit but that's what the Robin Hood crowd are trading.

I’ve made some decent $ trading doge, all my profits have been funneled into great long term dividend stocks!

#12961 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Any way to invest in covid (the virus) - I think it has a lot of run to go.

Pfizer. I only started buying it a few months ago and it's been steadily going up, including again today. They've become a household name because of the vaccine and do have a dividend.

#12963 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Pfizer. I only started buying it a few months ago and it's been steadily going up, including again today. They've become a household name because of the vaccine and do have a dividend.

I got lucky early on this one, it's the only pharmaceutical I purchased.

#12964 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Any way to invest in covid (the virus) - I think it has a lot of run to go.

Walmart. Lots of cheap products made where the virus was produced.

#12965 2 years ago

TRAMD 's WMT had a good tape this AM. Congrats!

#12966 2 years ago

Just bought wheat (WEAT) and back in URNM (a little late on this one)

#12967 2 years ago

BA and VIAC are finally moving up. I'm also trimming one of my big winners WFC, I doubt it will ever crack the 50 dollars price, so I'm trying not to be greedy. I'm looking BABA....it seems it's down to low 200's which is a good entry point for this stock.

#12968 2 years ago

I need to make a couple grand today so I can buy a used graphics card - supply chain is totally F'd

#12969 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

TRAMD 's WMT had a good tape this AM. Congrats!

Yes it did! I am up mostly across the board today. I'm still wondering when this madness will end.

As far as Covid-19 immunity, antibodies remain in the system for 8+ months after recovery from infection in almost all people studied. There seems to be a common "3 month" belief and I'm not sure where that comes from. Obviously it will take more time to have more concrete/final numbers on that. But B-cell and T-cell immunity will likely last for years or decades, just like with other viral infections and vaccines. This is probably true for both prior infection and the vaccine. The specificity of the vaccine means that it probably provides better immunity for the primary SARS-CoV-2 virus and slight variants but natural immunity created from previous infection will likely protect better against more significant variants. Obviously, nothing is 100% and you can still get Covid-19 after infection, vaccination, or both, but the risk of severe symptoms is markedly reduced with either, and likely for DECADES, barring a significant variant. I don't believe that there are currently any known variants that either previous infection or vaccination don't provide significant immunity to. That is good news because with hundreds of millions of cases already incurred, it is unlikely that will ever happen and we have a real chance of basically eradicating this with enough infections/vaccinations. The number of people who have actually had and recovered from Covid-19 is probably 2-5x the number of positive cases, meaning that 66-165 million people in the US have probably had and recovered from Covid-19 at this point. A significant number of those are likely kids as they tend to be almost asymptomatic and are far less likely to get tested. A real question is what, if any, long term effects will there be for previously infected people that vaccinated folks will avoid (like shingles with chicken pox).

#12970 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I need to make a couple grand today so I can buy a used graphics card - supply chain is totally F'd

Good luck with that, you're going to pay out the a$$. I've been on wait lists since back in December.

#12971 2 years ago

My CCIV and ARK holdings are up today. I have this sneaking suspicion that crypto is competing directly with the highly speculative NASDAQ plays. ARK stocks seem to hurt with crypto goes up, and same with CCIV. CCIV has been doing nicely the past few days (only down 25% now!). I think that it is going to slowly rise towards ticker changeover forecasted towards late June.

#12972 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Yes it did! I am up mostly across the board today. I'm still wondering when this madness will end.
As far as Covid-19 immunity, antibodies remain in the system for 8+ months after recovery from infection in almost all people studied. There seems to be a common "3 month" belief and I'm not sure where that comes from. Obviously it will take more time to have more concrete/final numbers on that. But B-cell and T-cell immunity will likely last for years or decades, just like with other viral infections and vaccines. This is probably true for both prior infection and the vaccine. The specificity of the vaccine means that it probably provides better immunity for the primary SARS-CoV-2 virus and slight variants but natural immunity created from previous infection will likely protect better against more significant variants. Obviously, nothing is 100% and you can still get Covid-19 after infection, vaccination, or both, but the risk of severe symptoms is markedly reduced with either, and likely for DECADES, barring a significant variant. I don't believe that there are currently any known variants that either previous infection or vaccination don't provide significant immunity to. That is good news because with hundreds of millions of cases already incurred, it is unlikely that will ever happen and we have a real chance of basically eradicating this with enough infections/vaccinations. The number of people who have actually had and recovered from Covid-19 is probably 2-5x the number of positive cases, meaning that 66-165 million people in the US have probably had and recovered from Covid-19 at this point. A significant number of those are likely kids as they tend to be almost asymptomatic and are far less likely to get tested. A real question is what, if any, long term effects will there be for previously infected people that vaccinated folks will avoid (like shingles with chicken pox).

Like I said, my client said it is appearing to be 8-10 months (maybe a little longer). Your numbers track with what they are communicating to folks.

#12973 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The specificity of the vaccine means that it probably provides better immunity for the primary SARS-CoV-2 virus and slight variants but natural immunity created from previous infection will likely protect better against more significant variants.

I haven't heard this theory re: the long-term performance of exposure-immunity vs. vaccine-immunity before. Got a source I should check out? (I'm admittedly off-topic here. But in my defense I'm not looking to stir up shit or start a Covid debate, just legitimately curious about this theory as it's new to me).

#12974 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I haven't heard this theory re: the long-term performance of exposure-immunity vs. vaccine-immunity before Got a source I should check out? (I'm admittedly off-topic here. But in my defense I'm not looking to stir up shit or start a Covid debate, just legitimately curious about this theory as it's new to me).

Sure, it is actually pretty simple to explain but I can try to find other resources if what I say here doesn't tell you what you want to know. The mRNA vaccines specifically create very strong immunity vs. the spike protein part of the virus. They actually tell your cells how to make the spike protein and use your own cells as a spike protein factory. Despite being made by our own cells, the immune system still recognizes it as a foreign antagonist and creates a response to destroy the spike proteins. As long as any variant has the same, or very similar, spike proteins on its surface, the immunity should be excellent. The response and immunity created by our natural immune system is more complex and can attack a wider range of aspects of a virus it is exposed to in its entirety. So a variant that doesn't have the spike proteins created by the mRNA vaccine would get around someone who is vaccinated but someone who was previously infected might have defense against another part of the virus that remains unchanged in the variant.

If I am bothering anyone with this, please let me know. It is mildly relevant and just darn interesting to boot, however.

#12975 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

BA and VIAC are finally moving up. I'm also trimming one of my big winners WFC, I doubt it will ever crack the 50 dollars price, so I'm trying not to be greedy. I'm looking BABA....it seems it's down to low 200's which is a good entry point for this stock.

Looks like one of, or the last, big holdover of the archegos disca/viac fiasco has finally sold all their holdings. (This would be Normura I think).

For past few weeks they were selling into strength. Every. Single. Time.

Now with them out of the way, let’s see what happens. Who knows, maybe there are more fools that let archegos load up the margin beyond reason.

#12976 2 years ago

Hope everyone held their HITIF....has been going up, up and up. And this is pre Nasdaq listing. Once RH and Webull get a hold of it, watch out.

#12977 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Looks like one of, or the last, big holdover of the archegos disca/viac fiasco has finally sold all their holdings. (This would be Normura I think).
For past few weeks they were selling into strength. Every. Single. Time.
Now with them out of the way, let’s see what happens. Who knows, maybe there are more fools that let archegos load up the margin beyond reason.

Ahh, I see..cool. I hope so, it's bloated as F with debt but it's the last IP jewel left without a partner. Let's see.
On other fronts, the pundits are saying oil has room to go but I think it's done....get ready for oil to roll over. I'm selling XOM, SLB and sold off MRO this morning.

#12978 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hope everyone held their HITIF....has been going up, up and up. And this is pre Nasdaq listing. Once RH and Webull get a hold of it, watch out.

I’m holding a shit ton for a few months now, patience is starting to pay off.

I like how it is slowly climbing each day pre nasdaq, feels like a real winner.

I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do with it once it’s listed though. Thinking maybe sell if it pumps quick then buy back in and hold for long term.

#12979 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Sure, it is actually pretty simple to explain but I can try to find other resources if what I say here doesn't tell you what you want to know. The mRNA vaccines specifically create very strong immunity vs. the spike protein part of the virus. They actually tell your cells how to make the spike protein and use your own cells as a spike protein factory. Despite being made by our own cells, the immune system still recognizes it as a foreign antagonist and creates a response to destroy the spike proteins. As long as any variant has the same, or very similar, spike proteins on its surface, the immunity should be excellent. The response and immunity created by our natural immune system is more complex and can attack a wider range of aspects of a virus it is exposed to in it's entirety. So a variant that doesn't have the spike proteins created by the mRNA vaccine would get around someone who is vaccinated but someone who was previously infected might have defense against another part of the virus that remains unchanged in the variant.

Interesting stuff, and thanks for the thorough response! I'll read up on this one.

#12980 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I sold mine and went with a US pot stock for my pot play instead and bought CRON. So far it's up 4.25%, so I'm OK with that decision.

#12981 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do with it once it’s listed though. Thinking maybe sell if it pumps quick then buy back in and hold for long term.

Crazy how stock work. We complain when we are getting killed and tell ourselves that when it comes back up im going to dump it! Then It comes back up and all of a sudden a new strategy is uncovered. Got in at .52 so my position has been an easy ride...for once haha. When it went up I did think about you, if you were going to bail or not.

#12982 2 years ago

Can’t bail yet. Actually added to my position at 53 cents the day they announced the rs.

Worst case I figure it goes up a couple more dollars a share so I make a small profit. Best case maybe goes up to about $15.

Stay tuned lol.

#12983 2 years ago

Could be a rough ride today. Crypto and the metals are selling off

#12984 2 years ago

I'm not a crypto guy but darn... Bitcoin is down 20% overnight and Etherium is down 35% right now. I wonder what the crash in crypto will do to the stock market? I am hoping it pulls money out of crypto and back into the more speculative plays on the NASDAQ, but we shall see.

#12985 2 years ago

dont count on a comeback.
this time, its for real.

"turn those machines back on"

#12986 2 years ago

hmmm, keep waiting for an actual crash, so far it's just been specific sectors, not an actual crash. We'll see once again if this is the start of something or just another head fake.

#12987 2 years ago

sure looks like a broad market down day already.

#12988 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm not a crypto guy but darn... Bitcoin is down 20% overnight and Etherium is down 35% right now. I wonder what the crash in crypto will do to the stock market? I am hoping it pulls money out of crypto and back into the more speculative plays on the NASDAQ, but we shall see.

I know! I don't have enough cash in my new account to buy more. ETH is cheap....I think BTC should also come down to 30k it's still has a few thousands to go.

#12989 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I know! I don't have enough cash in my new account to buy more. ETH is cheap....I think BTC should also come down to 30k it's still has a few thousands to go.

Yeah... I'm debating dipping my toe in the water with "1" ETH if it dips under $2,000... We shall see.

#12990 2 years ago

Wow... it is tanking and alot of the trading apps are down right now. COINBASE is down for now as an example... I think it's going to plunge further as those open back up.

#12991 2 years ago

Yeah... I'm debating dipping my toe in the water with "1" ETH if it dips under $2,000... We shall see.

SO freaking funny, I was preaching about crypto 2 days before the crash, thank goodness I only bought a little....lol WTF! ETH is down 50%. At least I can tell my nephew to shut the f up...he's been telling me to get on the Crypto train for a couple of years now and then I did and the crap nose dived.

#12992 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

dont count on a comeback.
this time, its for real.
"turn those machines back on"

This sell off will be short lived also.....as long as the consumers are spending no one not the Fed, not the big whales can stop this market...best they can hope for is occasional 5% to 10% pullbacks. If the consumers start cutting back then you should pay attention.

#12993 2 years ago

Well get ready because it's getting close to that. The last week has been stressful. It will bounce back though. At the very least it will when it goes PoS

#12994 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

Well get ready because it's getting close to that. The last week has been stressful. It will bounce back though. At the very least it will when it goes PoS

Well, Paypal crypto is useless. The price they are quoting for ETH is $2500 while it is under $1900 on CNBC. Holding off on this one. Also noticed you can only buy in $100 chunks. May buy a few hundred when price evens out but during volitility it is not a practical platform.

#12995 2 years ago

Not sure I'd be in a rush to catch that crypto falling knife with companies, and countries starting to ban it.

#12996 2 years ago

Well, Paypal crypto is useless. The price they are quoting for ETH is $2500 while it is under $1900 on CNBC. Holding off on this one. Also noticed you can only buy in $100 chunks. May buy a few hundred when price evens out but during volitility it is not a practical platform.

So, it just occured to me that since the Paypal quotes are so far behind, I can sell my crypto at the price it was a few hours ago. Just sold my ETH holdings at $2500 per coin and BTC at $35,000 per coin.

In the end I put in $200 a few months ago and pulled out $250 so I'm happy.

#12997 2 years ago

Reminder... there is a crypto thread

#12998 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Reminder... there is a crypto thread

You're right... I pulled out of crypto and dumped more into CCIV!

#12999 2 years ago

So, it just occured to me that since the Paypal quotes are so far behind, I can sell my crypto at the price it was a few hours ago. Just sold my ETH holdings at $2500 per coin and BTC at $35,000 per coin.
In the end I put in $200 a few months ago and pulled out $250 so I'm happy.

Gains are gains brother. I've been mining ETH on my 2070 super since Feb 2nd. The .25 I have could be worth something eventually.

#13000 2 years ago

Be careful out there guys.

3E9BC1CE-F7C2-48C5-B17B-85B23A0D9A23.gif3E9BC1CE-F7C2-48C5-B17B-85B23A0D9A23.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/260 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.