2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,264 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Trekkie1978
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

after (resized).png
    sold (resized).png
    before (resized).png
    IMG_2428 (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_2019-09-03 Futures Performance (resized).png
    IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2390 (resized).PNG
    Mama Happy 6K (resized).PNG
    1st 10K day (resized).jpg
    8700 (resized).png
    faketrumpphone (resized).jpg
    IMG_2310 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2314 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2313 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2312 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2311 (resized).PNG

There are 1264 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
    #1251 11 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Just in case ppl are wondering what sector is leading the pack YTD. The top 4 are made of metal![quoted image]

Sector my ass you have no utility no consumer staples XlU ytd %22.49 XLP ytd %21.37 not to mention industrials, financials, healthcare the S&P the DAX the dollar these are not sectors

#1252 11 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Just in case ppl are wondering what sector is leading the pack YTD. The top 4 are made of metal![quoted image]

If you take a look you will have done far better with an S&P etf like the SPY or a Nasdaq etf like the QQQ than you would have with a materials etf look at the bottom three all materials. The second issue is except for the GLD commodities etf use futures and rebalances every day so as the value goes up you make less on your investment never invest in leverage etf's the x2 and x3 or any etf that uses futures

#1253 11 days ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Sector my ass you have no utility no consumer staples XlU ytd %22.49 XLP ytd %21.37 not to mention industrials, financials, healthcare the S&P the DAX the dollar these are not sectors

Okay sorry I should have said, "Which Futures sector is leading the pack?"

But, yeah... SPY and QQQs are fun n all. But I love Momo trading! Look at my P/L from the previous week. Now we are up over SPX 2950 and both stock mkt and metals will run higher together. Notice how $DXY was a text book pump n dump!

I present Roku for your viewing pleasure: but first a little background. Bought SEP 144s last Thursday, then SEP 150s on Friday and finally OCT 165s on Monday. Cashed out with total profit of $4380. On these larger positions I was risking 200.00 per trade vs my normal 100.00 4380/600 =7.30x or a 730% reward : risk ratio.

IMG_2428 (resized).PNGafter (resized).pngbefore (resized).pngsold (resized).png
    #1254 10 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Okay sorry I should have said, "Which Futures sector is leading the pack?"
    But, yeah... SPY and QQQs are fun n all. But I love Momo trading! Look at my P/L from the previous week. Now we are up over SPX 2950 and both stock mkt and metals will run higher together. Notice how $DXY was a text book pump n dump!
    I present Roku for your viewing pleasure: but first a little background. Bought SEP 144s last Thursday, then SEP 150s on Friday and finally OCT 165s on Monday. Cashed out with total profit of $4380. On these larger positions I was risking 200.00 per trade vs my normal 100.00 4380/600 =7.30x or a 730% reward : risk ratio.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bought some deep in the money roku calls right after earnings it is already up %40

#1255 4 days ago

Just covered 8 Boeing September 20th 360 puts @ $1.17.

Initially sold them 4/18/19 for $16.79.

I know they expire in 9 days, but the stock was up big today. For $1.17, I didn't feel it was worth it to hold on to the risk.

#1256 4 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just covered 8 Boeing September 20th 360 puts @ $1.17.
    Initially sold them 4/18/19 for $16.79.
    I know they expire in 9 days, but the stock was up big today. For $1.17, I didn't feel it was worth it to hold on to the risk.

Hey what’s your opinion if you ever sold a covered call.

sold AAPL $210 strike price January 2020 but then the stock pushes past that.

Would you just let it ride and sell below market value or push it forward to March $220 ?

Currently I sell some puts below the value or at the value $190, $200 that expire sooner but might come that will be over $220 in January.

Thanks

#1257 4 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Hey what’s your opinion if you ever sold a covered call.
    sold AAPL $210 strike price January 2020 but then the stock pushes past that.
    Would you just let it ride and sell below market value or push it forward to March $220 ?
    Currently I sell some puts below the value or at the value $190, $200 that expire sooner but might come that will be over $220 in January.
    Thanks

Call is currently trading at $21.47, with the stock at $222.74.

You're not in danger of it being called away.

As to the question if you should currently roll it. Where do you think the stock goes from here? If you think it only will go up, then you may want to push it forward. If you think the stock flatlines, then just wait it out. As it gets closer to expiration, it will get down to $12 (if the stock stays at $222).

How much did you sell it for? If the stock gets called away, what is the gain? What would the tax situation look like?

Me personally, I don't like any of the calls out there for Apple. Just not enough premium for the risk of it being called away. That's why I primarily stuck to Netflix calls, because of how juicy the premiums usually are.

Now granted, if I think the market went up way too much, way too fast, then I will sell calls across the board, like I did 60 days ago.

#1258 4 days ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I bought some deep in the money roku calls right after earnings it is already up %40

Closed did not get full %40 but did get near %30 in short time

#1259 3 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Call is currently trading at $21.47, with the stock at $222.74.
    You're not in danger of it being called away.

Don’t think we are talking about the same thing.

I *sold* calls on AAPL stock that I own and the Calls are currently at a much higher price than when I sold them. AAPL was $190/share I sold covered calls for $210 thinking that the stock would not take off so vigorously. My AAPL stocks can get called away I’d be obligated to sell if the AAPL stock if it keeps rising I’d be selling at a discount to the market price.

I have no idea if AAPL will go up down or sideways. Don’t think anyone knows for sure because the trade war can get better or worse who knows?

#1260 3 days ago

I just day trade Cronos

#1261 2 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Don’t think we are talking about the same thing.
    I *sold* calls on AAPL stock that I own and the Calls are currently at a much higher price than when I sold them. AAPL was $190/share I sold covered calls for $210 thinking that the stock would not take off so vigorously. My AAPL stocks can get called away I’d be obligated to sell if the AAPL stock if it keeps rising I’d be selling at a discount to the market price.
    I have no idea if AAPL will go up down or sideways. Don’t think anyone knows for sure because the trade war can get better or worse who knows?

I know you sold the calls. The real value of the call is $12. It’s trading at a $9 premium.

If the stock stays flat, the call will work its way down to $12. That’s when you roll it or cover it.

If you think the stock will only go up, then covering it now can save you a lot.

Me personally, I’d just wait. The market runs up, then the sky is falling, runs up, then the sky is falling.

#1262 2 days ago

Sold 5 Netflix November 290 puts @ $15.77

#1263 2 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I know you sold the calls. The real value of the call is $12. It’s trading at a $9 premium.
    If the stock stays flat, the call will work its way down to $12. That’s when you roll it or cover it.
    If you think the stock will only go up, then covering it now can save you a lot.
    Me personally, I’d just wait. The market runs up, then the sky is falling, runs up, then the sky is falling.

Thanks

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Sold 5 Netflix November 290 puts @ $15.77

Thank for posting I’m gonna look at Netflix. I’ have been all over amazon last 2 years.

#1264 2 days ago

Apple 210 January calls down to $19.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 189.00
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 75.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 1264 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside