IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 420.
#12801 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

No clue. I just searched Google for $20/hour dishwasher jobs and that's what came up.

There is no such job....waiters get below min wage. Do you really think they would pay a dishwasher 20 bucks? Not even in San San Francisco

#12802 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

There is no such job....waiter get below min wage. Do you really think they would pay a dishwasher 20 bucks? Not even in San San Francisco

Ok. You guys are right. The business owners in my area are all lying to me. No worries.

Thanks for setting me straight.

#12803 2 years ago

On more important fronts, it's an fugly chart for the last week or so, but I promise it's a head fake again. In 2 weeks time we'll be back at those previous levels. I'm not talking tech...tech is done for now, not going to be back for a while but the SP 500 will bounce back. Just don't panic and hold on.

#12804 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well wait a minute, that will teach me not to look at the details of what someone posts. Fairbanks, Alaska, and Portland/Seattle Washington...I mean...no...one is a population issue (along with alternative industry competition), the others are expensive COL. My point was COL makes a big difference of what those wages mean.
My point also is people are talking like they personally have talked to local businesses. So I guess my initial ask stands. You can't randomly grab want ads for random areas and claim it makes your point without context.

Here in Missouri in the St Louis metro area, with a comparable cost of living to Iowa, there are jobs aplenty all hiring with a healthy premium to historic wages.

What hasn't been mentioned is the impact this is having on the end customer. Poor service experience due to understaffing is hurting the customer experience as well. Hard to say how these higher unemployment benefits will impact the markets, but it will be a drag on businesses hiring now and through the summer months.

#12805 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ok. You guys are right. The business owners in my area are all lying to me. No worries.
Thanks for setting me straight.

I tend to agree with him, but I have no way to prove or disprove such a thing so I can only take it at its face value. I'm not calling you a liar, simply stating that I don't see the same things. The reason I keep pointing that out is I live in a poor area. I am surrounded by low income/welfare/lower middle class earners. I won't get into the reasons, because, frankly I am well off, but I interact with these people and businesses and overall it isn't any worse than before 2020, aside from that some businesses never opened back up.

This is why I'm open to maybe I'm wrong. It could simply be area. It doesn't change my mind regarding people sounding petty when they are wishing for the benefits to end so that those lazy bums can be taken advantage of in the workplace where they belong.

#12806 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

ere in Missouri in the St Louis metro area, with a comparable cost of living to Iowa, there are jobs aplenty all hiring with a healthy premium to historic wages.
What hasn't been mentioned is the impact this is having on the end customer. Poor service experience due to understaffing is hurting the customer experience as well. Hard to say how these higher unemployment benefits will impact the markets, but it will be a drag on businesses hiring now and through the summer months.

Again, that hasn't changed around here. That's always been an issue.

#12807 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Show me all these ads for people offering $20/hr for washing dishes, I might move there. Maybe less riff raff where I live? I am not seeing what you are seeing at all. The issue you describe was an issue long before COVID.

It's $16.69 here, that's our minimum wage. I would bet when restaurants open up to full capacity again in 3 months they will be paying $20 an hour trying to fill those jobs. The thing is, the only way you can live on that wage in the city is if you live in a house full of people splitting rent. So the people working in the back of house in most restaurants are hispanic folks living in multigenerational households or commuting from outside the city where there is cheaper housing.

#12808 2 years ago

Sold some Apple and all of Amazon (dead money for a year). Bought BAC and PYPL. Like both at these levels.

#12809 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Sold some Apple and all of Amazon (dead money for a year). Bought BAC and PYPL. Like both at these levels.

Good timing on PYPL, it's doing well today. I'm overall down on the shares I bought in March, but I have a feeling that will change soon.

#12810 2 years ago

Again, just my opinion, but you guys buying growth right now should hold off, I think you are way to early. Just look at all the recent opportunity and find where the money is going.

https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=1m
https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=3m

#12811 2 years ago

Such a strange day. Was down 3% and ended up green for the day.

#12812 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Such a strange day. Was down 3% and ended up green for the day.

Yeah, crap...just crap. No conviction to sell or buy. The next couple of weeks is going to be like this

#12813 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, crap...just crap. No conviction to sell or buy. The next couple of weeks is going to be like this

Day was not too bad for me. Ended a whole lot better than it started. Now, I just need a few more days like this in a row to recoup from last week's shelling.

PATH was strong today!

2021-05-11t17-46-05 (resized).png2021-05-11t17-46-05 (resized).png
#12814 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Again, just my opinion, but you guys buying growth right now should hold off, I think you are way to early. Just look at all the recent opportunity and find where the money is going.
https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=1m
https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=3m

All those commodity stocks that are going bonkers right now had terrible returns over 1 and 3 years. They've just exploded recently, but I'd be worried you are buying them at their peaks and they are going to crash back down to reality. The time to buy them was 6 months ago... do you think they can still keep climbing for 6 more months?

I'm mostly avoiding growth stocks as well, but the strategy in buying them now or soon is to pick them up when they are done crashing and ride them back up. A stock like Paypal definitely will go back up, especially with it's moves into crypto and all those new transaction fees there.

#12815 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Day was not too bad for me. Ended a whole lot better than it started. Now, I just need a few more days like this in a row to recoup from last week's shelling.
PATH was strong today![quoted image]

did you buy the dip or just watch? I just watched.

#12816 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

All those commodity stocks that are going bonkers right now had terrible returns over 1 and 3 years. They've just exploded recently, but I'd be worried you are buying them at their peas and they are going to crash back down to reality. The time to buy them was 6 months ago... do you think they can still keep climbing for 6 more months?
I'm mostly avoiding growth stocks as well, but the strategy in buying them now or soon is to pick them up when they are done crashing and ride them back up. A stock like Paypal definitely will go back up, especially with it's moves into crypto and all those new transaction fees there.

I'm only buying short term with tight limits - playing what is hot. I gave up on long term right now. Seems to be working so far, covered the losses on growth I had bought at the top and then some.

#12817 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Bought Bank of America and PayPal today. Was not paying attention to dips. .

#12818 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

. A stock like Paypal definitely will go back up, especially with it's moves into crypto and all those new transaction fees there.

Absolutely agree. My guy presented Square and PayPal to me today when we caught up. This is exactly what tipped the scales for me. I know a lot of your crypto guys don’t like PayPal for a variety of valid reasons but it is so easy to buy through there.

#12819 2 years ago

I wonder how Ebay's new payment system will impact Paypal. Of course, the larger question is why did they even splinter it off in the first place...

#12820 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Absolutely agree. My guy presented Square and PayPal to me today when we caught up. This is exactly what tipped the scales for me. I know a lot of your crypto guys don’t like PayPal for a variety of valid reasons but it is so easy to buy through there.

2 of my top 10 positions!

#12821 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I’m a spectator for now as well.

#12822 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

With all the news about crypto today and so many people just buying it for the first time, the easy entry points like Paypal, Robinhood and Coinbase will all get a lot of business. 50% of fewer of the people want to figure out how to transfer bitcoin from Coinbase into Kraken or Binance, it's just too many steps and kindsa confusing (and a little scary) the first time you do it. Paypal feels alot safer to newbies. They double their money in a few months with Ethereum, sell it, and Paypal rakes 1.8% or more of the total withraw.

#12823 2 years ago

I would have bought a bunch of square down around $205 if I would have seen it. It likes to use that price point as a low and rebound.

#12824 2 years ago

Hitif doing 15-1 rs may 14.

#12825 2 years ago

Psth:

ackman speech paraphrase “I am super excited for the deal I haven’t sealed yet. It’s complicated”

Then the stock pops nearly 10% before pulling back a bit.

Hopium is strong!

#12826 2 years ago

All murder for me this morning, but yesterday morning was the same and turned green in the end. XOM, EPD, and PSTH are the only stuff up for me so far today.

#12827 2 years ago

Just locked in all my gains and one loss - went to about 95% cash for now. 10 year treasury is spiking again.

#12828 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Figures, I just sold mine 2 days ago. In the short term I'm pulling cash out and putting more of it in crypto, which is where I'm finding the most profit in the last couple months.

Pfizer still chugging along though!

#12829 2 years ago

It's all fugly right now, I've "lost" a ton over the last 2 weeks, but am still up massively on my initial deposit last March. Hate to see the red, but looking at the positive side I still have gains.

#12830 2 years ago

I’m bleeding even in my safe stocks. BA, WFC, XOM, MRO, SLB, MSFT, NXPI, all down big

#12831 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Figures, I just sold mine 2 days ago. In the short term I'm pulling cash out and putting more of it in crypto, which is where I'm finding the most profit in the last couple months.
Pfizer still chugging along though!

Still cheap buy back in.

I don’t like the 15-1 though, bit much imo.

Not sure what to do with mine yet, should go up a bit in next few weeks but once listed then what? Lots of profit taking and stock drops right away?

#12833 2 years ago

Weeks like this are exactly why I invest and do not trade

#12834 2 years ago

At

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Weeks like this are exactly why I invest and do not trade

Just wondering at what point to buy on that dip?
I guess the re-opening play is over.

#12835 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Is this good or bad?

#12836 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You said not too long ago you weren’t selling Apple. What made you change your mind?

#12837 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is this good or bad?

Both maybe. Should be a run up next few weeks but once it lists could drop.

If it was going to be only a couple bucks might seem more attractive but at 7.50 maybe not so much.

Guess we will soon see.

#12838 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At

Now!! If you have the cash, I spent all of mine today. I wish I had more raised...but it's a good time...go in a little at a time..this week and average your entry

#12839 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is this good or bad?

A reverse split isn't good, but the uplist is. I bought pretty close to where it is now, I would sell any significant spike up. Right now it's cheap so I can wait comfortably for that.

I am all green today, have very little in cash, just been purposely avoiding the trouble spots all year. What's happening now isn't catching me off guard.

#12840 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Now!! If you have the cash, I spent all of mine today. I wish I had more raised...but it's a good time...go in a little at a time..this week and average your entry

Im picking up high yeild div stocks.
Bxmt taking a beating past few days.
DX, putting my toe in the water there.
No div, but watching Amazon, i have orders in at the 3000/3050/3100 levels.
Watching my golden goose closely, LMT and RTX, might bail.
BA, approaching my entry point.
Im cheap, i watch 400 some stocks, looking for best times to invest.
I hated covid, but man, I would do the last year over of i could.
Are time machines on sale anywhere?

#12841 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At

depends on the stock

#12842 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

A reverse split isn't good, but the uplist is. I bought pretty close to where it is now, I would sell any significant spike up. Right now it's cheap so I can wait comfortably for that.
I am all green today, have very little in cash, just been purposely avoiding the trouble spots all year. What's happening now isn't catching me off guard.

Why is a reverse split not good?
Doesn't change the value at all and there are legitimate reasons for it

#12843 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Why is a reverse split not good?
Doesn't change the value at all

While that is true, the history of how the stock market reacts to reverse splits, even those done for an uplisting, hasn't been favorable. It is a company by company thing and yes sometimes it does work out fine for investors.

#12844 2 years ago

Every gaming stock down big time.
To many to list.
Mgm and DraftKings

#12845 2 years ago

sell offs like these tend to be like a black hole and suck everything down

#12846 2 years ago

So after today’s beatdown, you cats expect a rally tomorrow? Good time to buy? I see Tesla went down pretty good but maybe tech stocks are gonna be sad for a while now?

#12847 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:So after today’s beatdown, you cats expect a rally tomorrow? Good time to buy? I see Tesla went down pretty good but maybe tech stocks are gonna be sad for a while now?

Rolling-Dice-2 (resized).jpgRolling-Dice-2 (resized).jpg
#12848 2 years ago

I’m investing more in crypto atm. Market has been having more shit days than good days for a good while now and it looks like it could get worse. Sold all my Boring AF Apple, Pltr, MAC, Pins, and only kept my miners and a few stocks that only need a couple of months to be considered long term.

#12849 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m investing more in crypto atm. Market has been having more shit days than good days for a good while now and it looks like it could get worse. Sold all my Boring AF Apple, Pltr, MAC, Pins, and only kept my miners and a few stocks that only need a couple of months to be considered long term.

I dumped my MAC this morning , had a sell call at $14, Whew-dodged a small bullet there. Now closing at $13.
For the past year thanks to iceman I did good on the MAC, buying and selling several times.

#12850 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You said not too long ago you weren’t selling Apple. What made you change your mind?

Saw an opportunity to buy something I liked better at this point at time. It was a small portion of my position for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/257?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.