Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 421.
#12651 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Could you guys buy a bunch of PLTR so I can get out?

I just took my loss a few weeks ago. Down couple bucks a share.

Pins below 60$ now, feel bad for the people who bought in the 80s but if it gets low enough I might buy some.

Glad I never bought sndl, getting cheaper but it just keeps going down.

Got hexo still, performing pretty good right now.

Hitif still sucking a fat one.

#12652 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

11 sounds low, this is after all a popular Cathy Wood stock....It's a guess on my part but if it breaks 20, it will bounce off of 19. I don't think it will dwell in the teens for long.
PS: all the reopening names are getting clobbered, I'm guessing in the next few day the narrative will change, we'll hear something about the reopening boom has already been baked-in at these prices.

Probably. My worry is that it has earnings next week and a lot of stocks are getting 15-25% haircuts on disappointing guidance.

#12653 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Pins below 60$ now, feel bad for the people who bought in the 80s but if it gets low enough I might buy some.

I wasn't holding any PLTR. I've swing traded it a few times though. I took most of my lumps yesterday and today. Turned about $17k in unrealized losses into realized losses. Still up on the year, but not much.

#12654 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I wasn't holding any PLTR. I've swing traded it a few times though. I took most of my lumps yesterday and today. Turned about $17k in unrealized losses into realized losses. Still up on the year, but not much.

Ouch! Hope you put it into something that goes up.

I started pretty good too but I’ve got some losses on the books, mainly hitif but I’m still pretty confident it will rocket just before or after it’s listed on nasdaq.

#12655 2 years ago

Wow, FSLY, that hurt. Luckily, my two biggest holdings, by far, are WMT and QYLD, and they're doing ok today.

#12656 2 years ago

yeah... so far sndl was a mistake, but I bought with a long term outlook and I don't have enough $$ in it to really care

I owned PINS in the mid 20's - closed my position for a nice profit and will keep it on my radar for a reentry

#12657 2 years ago

Pins below 60$ now, feel bad for the people who bought in the 80s

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm in at 80.90. Time to HODL. I'll be good in 15 years.

#12658 2 years ago

Going to close out my 30% loss on GRWG that will only leave one miner left to make back some gains. Not going to sell that one yet since gold broke through 1800 finally. Now hopefully uranium, copper and steel make up for the losses soon.

#12659 2 years ago

I thought I caught PLUG at the bottom for a nice bull call spread play. Nope.

#12660 2 years ago

I just dumped PLTR and not looking back on this one

#12661 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just dumped PLTR and not looking back on this one

All you can do. Many better stocks to choose from.

#12662 2 years ago

Found this interesting,
I was reading an article about the deception at Nikola (NKLA) and there was a pinball related mention that I found amusing

"That's not all... Nikola's head of infrastructure development previously worked as the general manager of a residential golf club and spa. And the chief engineer's background was in software development and pinball-machine repair – a far cry from electric vehicles (EVs)."

I wonder if he is on pinside

#12663 2 years ago

All you can do. Many better stocks to choose from.

Thanks brother!

#12664 2 years ago

Past week has been particularly ugly for a fair amount of stocks that I have. However, they are companies that I believe in and trust my DD. Times like this you just hold your nose and ride it out. Good luck to all.

#12665 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Found this interesting,
I was reading an article about the deception at Nikola (NKLA) and there was a pinball related mention that I found amusing
"That's not all... Nikola's head of infrastructure development previously worked as the general manager of a residential golf club and spa. And the chief engineer's background was in software development and pinball-machine repair – a far cry from electric vehicles (EVs)."
I wonder if he is on pinside

Shit, he could possibly be reading your post right now

#12666 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Past week has been particularly ugly for a fair amount of stocks that I have. However, they are companies that I believe in and trust my DD. Times like this you just hold your nose and ride it out. Good luck to all.

People have no patience these days - that's the difference between a trader and investor

#12667 2 years ago

People have no patience these days - that's the difference between a trader and investor

I don't have a problem holding...my problem is freezing and not buying more while they are down. Mental blocks..sometimes it is fine..sometimes you want to tear your hair out.

#12668 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't have a problem holding...my problem is freezing and not buying more while they are down. Mental blocks..sometimes it is fine..sometimes you want to tear your hair out.

Goes back to what I always say: Have a plan. When you have a plan and drop 6 figures like I have this week, it allows you to hold your nose and look at the big picture.

#12669 2 years ago

I'm leaning more towards playing the swings - make 5 to 10 percent more often.

#12670 2 years ago

If PLTR goes under 17$ I'll be jumping back in.
Long term hold for me....just trying to time my re-entry.

#12671 2 years ago

yeah... so far sndl was a mistake, but I bought with a long term outlook and I don't have enough $$ in it to really care
I owned PINS in the mid 20's - closed my position for a nice profit and will keep it on my radar for a reentry

I don't time things perfectly fairly often, but I got out of SNDL just below 3.90. When the owners started diluting the hell by cashing in on the reddit run up, the writing for a big crash was all but guaranteed. That's the danger of some of these memes...they accelerate to an obscene valuation and the company raises cash by offering "discount" shares which are still obscenely higher than the original pre run valuation.

#12672 2 years ago

ARK seems like they are in desperation mode now. Yesterday they:

Sold 1.46 million shares of FSLY (70% off its highs, near year low)
Sold 298000 AAPL (to raise funds to buy more junk)
Sold 496000 SPCE (near yearly lows, 65%+ off its high)
Sold 995000 PINS (down 35% off its recent highs)
Sold 1.94 million shares of WKHS (almost 80% off its 52 week high)

These are the types of moves I've made in the past before blowing up my account.

#12673 2 years ago

Ouch. Good thing Kathie’s team has been collecting all them fees along the way.

Otherwise more than their pride would be hurting right now.

#12674 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

These are the types of moves I've made in the past before blowing up my account.

guess that's what happens when you base your investment strategy on the flavor of the day

#12675 2 years ago

I am glad I closed out of all my options on RKT and PLTR a couple weeks ago.

#12676 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Wait until the money really starts flowing out, they will be forced to make bad moves

#12677 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Lol...I just got into it for a swing trade hopefully. I just think the tech narrative will change in a week or two and they'll all pile back in it....that's when I'll sell it. I mean look at it all...the jobs report was a big miss, and now the market on the whole is jumping. It tells me the Fed will use this as an excuse not to taper...that's why all of these techs are jumping, they're betting interest rates will stay low.

#12678 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...I just got into it for a swing trade hopefully. I just think the tech narrative will change in a week or two and they'll all pile back in it....that's when I'll sell it. I mean look at it all...the jobs report was a big miss, and now the market on the whole is jumping. It tells me the Fed will use this as an excuse not to taper...that's why all of these techs are jumping, they're betting interest rates will stay low.

Growth names got a big pop off that jobs miss this morning, but much of my watch list is down 5-10% from the morning highs. You can't read much in half a day of trading, but it looks like people took that gift as a chance to get out a bit higher.

#12679 2 years ago

Jobs report was a big miss because companies can't find employees
the positions are there - nobody wants to work
just ask any ceo/business owner

#12680 2 years ago

Millennials don’t want to work. My neices fiancé (28) is quitting his job because it’s taking too much out of his free time. Basically work was cutting into his me time.

This is a management position which the company put a lot of time and money to get him up to speed. He’s not really looking for anything else.

They have no house, no retirement saving, student loans probably(?).

#12681 2 years ago

Jobs report was a big miss because companies can't find employees
the positions are there - nobody wants to works
just ask any ceo/business owner

And? It's the same difference to a trader, it means the struggle continues....which means no taper, at least not right away. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a modest tech rally in the next week, it may short lived but still.

#12682 2 years ago

All I know is if I sell my tech stocks they will go through the roof.

#12683 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

And? It's the same difference to a trader, it means the struggle continues....which means no taper, at least not right away. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a modest tech rally in the next week, it may short lived but still.

I am an investor, not a trader so I disagree - bad job report during normal times would mean companies are not hiring due to stagnant or declining business
The business is there, the demand for jobs is there - people willing to fill them is not

#12684 2 years ago

Any thoughts about HPQ? Got lots in an IRA from the time I worked there.
How high will it go?

#12685 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Millennials don’t want to work. My neices fiancé (33) is quitting his job because it’s taking too much out of his free time. Basically work was cutting into his me time.
This is a management position which the company put a lot of time and money into him to get him up to speed. He’s not really looking for anything else.
They have no house, no retirement saving, lucky his fiancé has a job so he can get health care.

Well that's a gross generalization of 72m Americans..

I guess I fall into the Millenial category. I'm 36. I graduated with a BBA in 2009, one of the worst job market in recent history.

Anyway... I learned really early that the absolute best thing I could do for myself was manage my finances in a way that allowed me to exist on basically any income as soon as possible. I paid off my student loans and squirreled away as much cash as I could from wages/bonuses as I watched competent colleagues get canned around me. I got to a point where my future was financially secure, and I left for a more stable and less stressful gig that paid less than half of what I had been making (albeit with much better benefits).

My current plan is to retire at 55, but it doesn't necessarily mean I will. I'll continue to work in some capacity as long as I enjoy what I'm doing and I feel I'm being valued in my position.

I think I'm part of the most financially-aware generation since 'the greatest generation'. There's a huge wealth gap, and employees are increasingly expendable. We have a finite amount of time on this planet, and I've come to realize that I don't want to spend more of it than I need to lining someone else's pockets. I want to spend as much time as I can with my family and friends, and be financially independent. If that means I need to forego the newest car or a JJP super-secret-CE, I'm totally fine with that.

So yes, I want to work, but I don't want to ever be chained to a desk living paycheck to paycheck. And I think that's typical of the generation. No one I know is leaving their jobs while they're in debt without any savings. I do know plenty of people that have rejected archaic office environments and have made a conscious effort to live below their means. I don't see anything wrong with that, and I think successful businesses will find ways to create more flexible work arrangements.

#12686 2 years ago

I technically fall in the category of "millenial"...but I don't identify as one.

#12687 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well that's a gross generalization of 72m Americans..
I guess I fall into the Millenial category. I'm 36. I graduated with a BBA in 2009, one of the worst job market in recent history.
Anyway... I learned really early that the absolute best thing I could do for myself was manage my finances in a way that allowed me to exist on basically any income as soon as possible. I paid off my student loans and squirreled away as much cash as I could from wages/bonuses as I watched competent colleagues get canned around me. I got to a point where my future was financially secure, and I left for a more stable and less stressful gig that paid less than half of what I had been making (albeit with much better benefits).
My current plan is to retire at 55, but it doesn't necessarily mean I will. I'll continue to work in some capacity as long as I enjoy what I'm doing and I feel I'm being valued in my position.
I think I'm part of the most financially-aware generation since 'the greatest generation'. There's a huge wealth gap, and employees are increasingly expendable. We have a finite amount of time on this planet, and I've come to realize that I don't want to spend more of it than I need to lining someone else's pockets. I want to spend as much time as I can with my family and friends, and be financially independent. If that means I need to forego the newest car or a JJP super-secret-CE, I'm totally fine with that.
So yes, I want to work, but I don't want to ever be chained to a desk living paycheck to paycheck. And I think that's typical of the generation. No one I know is leaving their jobs while they're in debt without any savings. I do know plenty of people that have rejected archaic office environments and have made a conscious effort to live below their means. I don't see anything wrong with that, and I think successful businesses will find ways to create more flexible work arrangements.

Much respect, but you are in the slim minority

#12688 2 years ago

I am an investor, not a trader so I disagree - bad job report during normal times would mean companies are not hiring due to stagnant or declining business
The business is there, the demand for jobs is there - people willing to fill them is not

If you're a long term investor the last job report should be even more inconsequential to your portfolio...my post was about trading stocks and was an outlook on the current take on the overall Market.

#12689 2 years ago

Nice to see hexo hold on to its gains today.

#12690 2 years ago

Oih on a tear, currently up 14% from when I bought it last Monday.

#12691 2 years ago

<- old millennial here. If in the last year I felt safe about my kids in school/daycare and me in an office I would have been looking for work, preferably in a similar company to where I was before.

Now, I feel safe but there is no entity I can pay to watch my kids (everything/one is booked) so I couldn’t work even if I wanted to.

Unless a bumper crop of daycares or something similar suddenly appear, there is no reasonable amount of money an employer could pay me to get me to work for at least the next 5 years.

Maybe if they themselves opened a daycare...that would be great, but I wouldn’t call that reasonable...

Point being I agree that companies are struggling to find and retain talent. I would argue younger generations drop out of the labor pool for more complicated reasons than “I don’t wanna work”

#12692 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:<- old millennial here. If in the last year I felt safe about my kids in school/daycare and me in an office I would have been looking for work, preferably in a similar company to where I was before.
Now, I feel safe but there is no entity I can pay to watch my kids (everything/one is booked) so I couldn’t work even if I wanted to.
Unless a bumper crop of daycares or something similar suddenly appear, there is no reasonable amount of money an employer could pay me to get me to work for at least the next 5 years.
Maybe if they themselves opened a daycare...that would be great, but I wouldn’t call that reasonable...
Point being I agree that companies are struggling to find and retain talent. I would argue younger generations drop out of the labor pool for more complicated reasons than “I don’t wanna work”

There are always exceptions to generalizations, but I've been in manufacturing engineering for 30 years. There is a very large void of young engineers that are willing to work in a manufacturing environment anymore. Most of the plants I support have been pulling China and India Visa grads to fill the need. This leads to rapid turnover. At a time when manufacturing is becoming more complex, plants are scrambling and desperate to hire support. Good for my business, but in 35 years, I've never seen the desperation from manufacturing to find younger engineers with such a depleted talent pool. If it ain't coding the interest isn't there.

#12693 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

<- old millennial here. If in the last year I felt safe about my kids in school/daycare and me in an office I would have been looking for work, preferably in a similar company to where I was before.

No spouse?no family?no friends? If you want to work, you will. You just dont want to work. PERIOD

#12694 2 years ago

PINS is for sure a long term hold now lol. Only 55 shares, bought in the mid 80s.

#12695 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They have no house, no retirement saving, student loans probably(?).

Millennial here! Of course ole grumpy Rai is here to cast his ole grumpy shadow all over my generation. I have a house, I have retirement, no student loans. If work isn't intriguing, fun, or free of sexual harassment then I'll find another job. I also prefer to spend time outside, at home, or on the go rather than working in some outdated office building full of black mold.

#12696 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

PINS is for sure a long term hold now lol. Only 55 shares, bought in the mid 80s.

You think it will hold around $60? Or could it slide further?

#12697 2 years ago

You think it will hold around $60? Or could it slide further?

Sadly, I think its falling further. I dont know how many lawsuits happen after earnings reports, but it seems at least a few law firms are gearing up to sue Pinterest for not being more transparent on the growth dropping off.

Maybe it happens all the time, but yea..

#12698 2 years ago

It happens all the time...I"m not sure that it ever goes anywhere, or no companies would ever go public. Companies live or die by how well they manipulate or explain away the data that people actually see.

#12699 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It happens all the time...I"m not sure that it ever goes anywhere, or no companies would ever go public. Companies live or die by how well they manipulate or explain away the data that people actually see.

Yea and im not even trying to blame pins. I got caught up in the hype and didnt really see how opening up would impact. I feel its going to fall pretty far now that i am using my rational mind.

#12700 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Redemptions. $770 M last week. They gotta sell to pay out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.barrons.com/amp/articles/cathie-woods-ark-innovation-etf-is-selling-off-and-it-may-get-worse-51620318285

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/254?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.