200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 420.
#12601 2 years ago

PINS taking its meds due to earnings report which was as suspected but is it a buy as of yet? My gut tells me nothing bc im no good at this. @ $61.06 from $84. Anyone know when is a good time jump back?

#12602 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

PINS taking its meds due to earnings report which was as suspected but is it a buy as of yet? My gut tells me nothing bc im no good at this. @ $61.06 from $84. Anyone know when is a good time jump back?

Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy any high growth stocks now. I think they will lag other opportunities for quite a while. They had a good run.

#12603 2 years ago

Things are super weird right now. Pins price is attractive but what happens if it goes below 60$?

Are tons of people moving stock money to eth and doge this week?

I still know nothing.

#12604 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Things are super weird right now. Pins price is attractive but what happens if it goes below 60$?
Are tons of people moving stock money to eth and doge this week?
I still know nothing.

As far as I can tell commodities are getting money, growth, bitcoin,gold, silver all down

#12605 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy any high growth stocks now. I think they will lag other opportunities for quite a while. They had a good run.

I spoke to a neighbor who works for MS, their price target is $83.00, 12 months out.

#12606 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I spoke to a neighbor who works for MS, their price target is $83.00, 12 months out.

They are at 82.54 now, so that is less than a 1% gain in 12 months - quite the projection...

#12607 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I'll definitely be buying more at some point.

#12608 2 years ago

Never understood the Pins hype here, seems like a declining platform that is awkward to use. The fact they don't make as much from ads as others isn't surprising given how people tend to surf the platform.

I'm just holding, have my money in a handful of stocks, half up, half down. Market seems due for more than just the occasional, perfectly healthy, red day. But we'll see.

#12609 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

As far as I can tell commodities are getting money, growth, bitcoin,gold, silver all down

What happened to that silver run? Did it never happen or was it just quick? Commodities feels like a good short term play, especially if the Market keeps crashing, but a lot of people here are going to buy the dips in tech and crypto because that's been a successful strategy for the past year. I'm just going to sit back and watch for a few days what trends emerge, rather than trying to predict it.

#12610 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What happened to that silver run? Did it never happen or was it just quick? Commodities feels like a good short term play, especially if the Market keeps crashing, but a lot of people here are going to buy the dips in tech and crypto because that's been a successful strategy for the past year. I'm just going to sit back and watch for a few days what trends emerge, rather than trying to predict it.

Yesterday was the silver spurt - punched out of all but one yesterday. I'm just playing the trends and commodities are hot right now. Maybe picking up more steel and copper today. Got my trigger ready on urnm as well if it breaks through 63 it is going to take off again.

#12611 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Never understood the Pins hype here, seems like a declining platform that is awkward to use. The fact they don't make as much from ads as others isn't surprising given how people tend to surf the platform.
I'm just holding, have my money in a handful of stocks, half up, half down. Market seems due for more than just the occasional, perfectly healthy, red day. But we'll see.

What's hard to understand? It's PINS, just like we all collect.

#12612 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

They are at 82.54 now, so that is less than a 1% gain in 12 months - quite the projection...

you sure you got that number right? try $61.22

#12613 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

you sure you got that number right? try $61.22

I think he is talking about MS and you are talking about PINS

#12614 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I think he is talking about MS and you are talking about PINS

MS = Morgan Stanley...makes sense now

#12615 2 years ago

I'm invested in PINS because every woman I know uses it and Instagram but PINS is going to only continue to grow as a shopping platform. I don't consider it a social media platform which I think is a good thing.

#12616 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

MS = Morgan Stanley...makes sense now

Yep - I'd be willing to bet against pins at this point.

#12617 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I'm invested in PINS because every woman I know uses it and Instagram but PINS is going to only continue to grow as a shopping platform. I don't consider it a social media platform which I think is a good thing.

Women have loved Pinterest for years. I’ve never used it, i also kinda find it clunky myself too.

#12618 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

PINS is going to $ 40

#12619 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Ditto.....you want to make money in the next rotation? Buy chip makers, this is a no brainer. Or roll the dice with the memes

#12620 2 years ago

I bought some PINS today also. Not a fan myself but I'm not the demographic. All I need to know is Microsoft wanted them at a higher price. Good enough for me.

#12621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

All I need to know is Microsoft wanted them at a higher price. Good enough for me.

But was that just Bill trying to save the marriage?

#12622 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ugly market today

So does this mean good time to buy? Or are we sliding for a couple days? Or are we rebounding tomorrow

#12623 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The big question is who will buy PINS and when to really make this fly?

#12624 2 years ago

Y'all are just asking for Iceman to return with all this PINS talk...

I said I hated it when it was 40, before it ran to 90. Still don't care for the site myself, but I think it's due for a bounce as much as it has fallen in such a short time.

#12625 2 years ago

I don't care for Amazon, Tesla, Facebook, Google, Apple etc (and don't use most of it either) and yet...somehow..people use that evil shit and the prices go up.

Point being....I'm not sure that 'I don't use it' is a good reason to look down on a stock.

#12626 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So does this mean good time to buy? Or are we sliding for a couple days? Or are we rebounding tomorrow

Got me. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.

#12627 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

PINS is going to $ 40

So you mean it's going on a bigger sale price.

We should all just Buy MORE as it's on SALE and just HOLD the bag.....

#12628 2 years ago

Bought more urnm and copx today since they both broke through their 52 week highs

#12629 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

PINS is going to $ 40

So your shorting, based on your confidence it’s going to $40

#12630 2 years ago

Pelaton issued a recall, looks like she's headed for a rough ride!

#12631 2 years ago

Got in ETSY $44.50 on 10/31/19
lot of my customers sell on that platform

Sold my ETSY position today
Had a nice run since then at over 325% gains
Wanted to lock in those pandemic gains - not sure they will maintain the momentum

#12633 2 years ago

I will never understand the hype associated with this 25 cent earnings per share when a gold miner makes $800 per ounce of mined gold and is a cash making machine. Yet the miner goes down and pins goes up.

#12634 2 years ago

I might jump on the PINS wagon depending on how far it dips. Pelaton might also be a great buy if their stock dips far enough with a recall.
I'm looking pretty hard at SOS as a shorter term hold. Anyone else in that one. I started a position on them when they dipped under $4.
Exro is still my main long term hold. I know we don't really do penny stocks in here, but I bought some darkpulse (DPLS) that I'm up about 35% on in a pretty short period.

#12635 2 years ago
Quoted from TireFryer426:

I might jump on the PINS wagon depending on how far it dips. Pelaton might also be a great buy if their stock dips far enough with a recall.
I'm looking pretty hard at SOS as a shorter term hold. Anyone else in that one. I started a position on them when they dipped under $4.
Exro is still my main long term hold. I know we don't really do penny stocks in here, but I bought some darkpulse (DPLS) that I'm up about 35% on in a pretty short period.

Just protect those quick gains on DPLS - have a stop loss in mind where you sell if it dumps. I usually use 7% but whatever you are comfortable with. I've held too much stuff where I get up 40% plus quick, then watch it evaporate just a quickly.

#12636 2 years ago

I sold out of PINS when it started to crash, I don't think I'd buy back in until I see the downward trend turn the corner.

Pfizer has been good to me, while my trading portfolio was almost all red many days during the past week, it kept chugging along in green. I bought more last week, before yesterday's earnings announcement and the dividend cut off. Despite the recent trends, when it did better than expected earnings, the stock jumped up I think 2% yesterday and it's looking like another 2+% day.

#12637 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I sold out of PINS when it started to crash, I don't think I'd buy back in until I see the downward trend turn the corner.
Pfizer has been good to me, while my trading portfolio was almost all red many days during the past week, it kept chugging along in green. I bought more last week, before yesterday's earnings announcement and the dividend cut off. Despite the recent trends, when it did better than expected earnings, the stock jumped up I think 2% yesterday and it's looking like another 2+% day.

Sold my pins at 85.75 - don't plan on buying in again unless we get a change in markets to growth stocks.

#12638 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I will never understand the hype associated with this 25 cent earnings per share when a gold miner makes $800 per ounce of mined gold and is a cash making machine. Yet the miner goes down and pins goes up.

There is ton of overhead in mining. The majority of mining businesses seem to go bankrupt or just hang on with little or no profits.

How much infrastructure is required to set up an online service as compared to the ad revenue generated?

A tangible material such as gold is very limited in how much you can find and there is a lot of competition, but an internet service easily reaches a large portion of the population if the service is useful.

#12639 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Quoted from Madmax541:

It’s not based on my confidence. It’s based on technical analysis. We see PINS going to 40.20 in the near future. But you should buy now while it’s on sale!

#12640 2 years ago

It's not like pins has some long track record, the stock went up like crazy during covid, but I personally think people make a mistake comparing it to conpanies like apple or facebook. Obviously you all will do your own due diligence and come to your own conclusions. I could be talked into buying it at lower prices, maybe.

Started a position in oih on monday, liked what I was seeing in oil, working out well. As long as oil prices can maintain their current level I will hold. And if they go up, fantastic.

#12641 2 years ago

Rkt following the crushed on earnings trend. Not one I personally own, but the trend is a bit tiresome at this point.

#12642 2 years ago

PINS is just on the cusp of monetizing its platform
Last year they signed a deal with Shopify that makes it simple for stores to upload products to their platform

I agree the stock got ahead of itself, but i would not write it off
In the short term, I agree there is pressure towards the downside
Going to be difficult for a lot of companies to keep up with the covid numbers they posted - that was my main reason for taking profits on ETSY

#12643 2 years ago

Looks like this slide has conviction.. "6-1 is going down"

I bought some SLB, VIAC and LVS....I'm out of almost all of tech

#12644 2 years ago

Sold my ETSY position today
Had a nice run since then at over 325% gains
Wanted to lock in those pandemic gains - not sure they will maintain the momentum

I always amaze myself when I actually get it right
ETSY down 13% today

#12645 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Looks like this slide has conviction.. "6-1 is going down"
I bought some SLB, VIAC and LVS....I'm out of almost all of tech

Viac:

The earnings were pretty much on the button for what I was looking for. But the price action is a bit of a head scratcher to me. My inner value investor is in it to win it.

#12646 2 years ago

Dow wants to green....here comes the bounce.

Re:VIAC

I bought it for because of the streaming revenue jumping 65% to $816 million, due to higher advertising and subscription revenue. Also the NFL, NCAA and the UEFA content is pretty compelling for $6 a month.

#12647 2 years ago

Could you guys buy a bunch of PLTR so I can get out?

#12648 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Could you guys buy a bunch of PLTR so I can get out?

Looks like it broke support and is going back to $11

#12649 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

i noticed it’s not looking good at all

#12650 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

11 sounds low, this is after all a popular Cathy Wood stock....It's a guess on my part but if it breaks 20, it will bounce off of 19. I don't think it will dwell in the teens for long.

PS: all the reopening names are getting clobbered, I'm guessing in the next few day the narrative will change, we'll hear something about the reopening boom has already been baked-in at these prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/253?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.