kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 420.
#12451 2 years ago

Up 15% on BDRY in 8 days - going to try and squeak out another day or two but getting close to overbought. If it holds it will help me average out of some or all of my ARK crap.

Up about 5% on copper and steel so far.

#12452 2 years ago

Anyone watching what's happening with PINS after hours? Down 10%!

#12453 2 years ago

Yep. Wish I was just watching and not experiencing it.

#12454 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think that had to be expected. It held up well compared to many of the other overvalued growth story stocks from last year. Risk/reward was definitely to the downside.

#12455 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's going down a lot more than I thought...new user number was weak.

#12456 2 years ago

Quoted from nwpinball:

Pins down

Google up

I’m waiting on AAPL

#12457 2 years ago

MSFT dropped too

#12458 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pins down
Google up
I’m waiting on AAPL

I'm waiting on AAPL also...they've said historically this is AAPL's weak quarter. I want an opportunity to add some if I can. When they release the new iphone it will send it 10% higher.

#12459 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

MSFT dropped too

A tiny bit these after hours moves are often exaggerated and smooth out soon.

#12460 2 years ago

MSFT had great numbers but Azure was "just inline". Not worried about them in the least.

AMD came in strong and raised guidance. Glad I bought them when I did.

Sorry for you guys in the doghouse on PINS. Never played around in that pool.

Excited to see what AAPL and MGM report tomorrow.

#12461 2 years ago

PINS below 70 has always seemed to have been a buying opportunity recently:

527905B0-A3A9-426B-828F-3DAE1916E499 (resized).png527905B0-A3A9-426B-828F-3DAE1916E499 (resized).png
#12462 2 years ago

PINS seems to have a support level mid to high 60's. If it falls below that then I would start to worry. I wasn't buying in the 70's. Just bought a little right below $70, let's see what happens rest of the week.

#12463 2 years ago

Oh wow this could be interesting to watch.

#12464 2 years ago

buying some more VTIP - Vanguard Short-Term Inflation-Protected Securities Index Fund ETF Shares

I am seeing all my vendors raise prices like never before, we are going to have some decent inflation this year

#12465 2 years ago

Shop has offset my Pins today.

#12466 2 years ago

Is anyone invested in lumber? Lumber prices are up 230% from building demands and are expected to keep climbing. The best time to buy the stocks would have been a year ago, but it seems like it might be a good play for the next few months if prices keep going up.

#12467 2 years ago

As someone said the whole upstart game is centered around adding new users and PINS just showed some weakness in that area with the last report. I don't know, I think it's dead money for a little while till they can change that narrative. FB could show some upside surprise though.

#12468 2 years ago

Hexo up 14% today....still holding my 1000 shares

#12469 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is anyone invested in lumber? Lumber prices are up 230% from building demands and are expected to keep climbing. The best time to buy the stocks would have been a year ago, but it seems like it might be a good play for the next few months if prices keep going up.

Not lumber but there are tons of commodities going up like a rocket - sugar, wheat, and corn have been lagging, so thinking about getting in on some of those.

BTW - I had to order some 10' x 4' plywood - got one 1/2" and one 3/4" and it cost me $300 because it isn't a standard size.

#12470 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hexo up 14% today....still holding my 1000 shares

All my pot up today. Today is a good day finally.

#12471 2 years ago

Doing some technical analysis - PSQ (short QQQ) just put in a nice double bottom. Nasdaq may be in line for a fall. I may try to bail on my ARK soon before it rolls over (if I'm right)

Edit - just sold my BDRY for a 16% gain in 9 days to offset small positions in ARKK -15% and ARKW -15%

All I have left in growth is ARKG and GRWG which is killing me....I need another quick turn to kill GRWG and move on...

#12472 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

All my pot up today. Today is a good day finally.

HITIF has been slowly creeping back up, I wish I bought more when it dropped 15%. I feel like I'm going to buy and sell it a couple more times.

#12473 2 years ago

Weed up today but weed stocks were getting obliterated.

Only own hiti at .63 cad

Just playing a swing, not a long term hold

#12474 2 years ago

Silver and gold both had a nice reversal today

#12475 2 years ago

Apple just put foot to ass in their earnings report.

#12476 2 years ago

Ice is still alive.

ice (resized).JPGice (resized).JPG
#12477 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Ice is still alive.
[quoted image]

Oh you stalker you

#12478 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Oh you stalker you

Ha. I was just reading comments on the PINS article. Wasn't even paying attention to usernames. Thought that comment sounded familiar, then I looked at the name...

#12479 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You realize that having COVID and getting over it doesn't mean you won't get it again, or give it to other people right? Face it, it is here to stay for at least the next 3-4 years, even with vaccination. Changes that are happening are not going to go away. Look at India right now. Until the entire world has it under control, it isn't going away. Grab some stock in mask makers.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Neither does being vaccinated.

Exactly... there's no such thing as 100% anywhere in anything, it's all about playing the odds. Odds are that covid will affect the world for a few years more until all countries can get it under control, and those that don't have it under control will breed new variants, affecting those that thought they had it under control. We've never had the flu under control via vaccines because of the sheer amount of variants, its just odds reduction to a greater or lesser extent. Buy travel stocks with this in mind.

#12480 2 years ago

I went from boring investment guy to investing in MUDS.

I don’t mean this to be a stock hype post. I am buying an holding. Things just make sense for this profitable established business be on a path to make a lot more money. But please tell me anything I may be missing.

So MUDS is a spac bringing Topps card company (remember?) which has just started up their NFT business last week selling out their first series for $2.8M in a day,, That’s one side of the business. Apparently with NFT’s when they are resold the originator also gets a cut each time they are sold.

“The” Michael Eisner who’s company bought Topps in 2007 and is on the board said he is not selling any shares after Topps goes public. He said he is going to be able to limit the product lower than Demand (like Pin Toppers) to then get more money in back in resale of the product in the aftermarket (unlike toppers). Hey it’s Topps so let’s use topper example. Ba boom tiss!

Ebay earnings today said they sold $1B worth of sports cards in Q1. Can you imagine if TOPPS took a cut of that each quarter?

And apparently NFT’s are easier and less expensive to get to market then a paper. Slicing up a jersey or bat to put in card also is not cheap.

Here are the resales of topps NFT’s the last 7 days. So you can track resales and not get a “surprise” at earnings. They only have one series out and also do NHL WWE garbage pail kids and work with Disney (Eisner) on runs like Star Wars.

And I don’t like NFT’s and think they are dumb, but I am not letting my old man ego get in the way of what’s next when it comes to investing.

Topps is coming after you NBA top shot!

Alllll just FYI.

BA107712-83DE-4D93-930C-7A7B090909C4 (resized).jpegBA107712-83DE-4D93-930C-7A7B090909C4 (resized).jpegBF308694-78D9-4C36-9E46-1747048EFD7A (resized).pngBF308694-78D9-4C36-9E46-1747048EFD7A (resized).png
#12481 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I went from boring investment guy to investing in MUDS.
I don’t mean this to be a stock hype post. I am buying an holding. Things just make sense for this profitable established business be on a path to make a lot more money. But please tell me anything I may be missing.
So MUDS is a spac bringing Topps card company (remember?) which has just started up their NFT business last week selling out their first series for $2.8M in a day,, That’s one side of the business. Apparently with NFT’s when they are resold the originator also gets a cut each time they are sold.
“The” Michael Eisner who’s company bought Topps in 2007 and is on the board said he is not selling any shares after Topps goes public. He said he is going to be able to limit the product lower than Demand (like Pin Toppers) to then get more money in back in resale of the product in the aftermarket (unlike toppers). Hey it’s Topps so let’s use topper example. Ba boom tiss!
Ebay earnings today said they sold $1B worth of sports cards in Q1. Can you imagine if TOPPS took a cut of that each quarter?
And apparently NFT’s are easier and less expensive to get to market then a paper. Slicing up a jersey or bat to put in card also is not cheap.
Here are the resales of topps NFT’s the last 7 days. So you can track resales and not get a “surprise” at earnings. They only have one series out and also do NHL WWE garbage pail kids and work with Disney (Eisner) on runs like Star Wars.
And I don’t like NFT’s and think they are dumb, but I am not letting my old man ego get in the way of what’s next when it comes to investing.
Topps is coming after you NBA top shot!
Alllll just FYI. [quoted image][quoted image]

what could go wrong, sounds like a sure thing

#12482 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

what could go wrong, sounds like a sure thing

I'm not made for this world anymore. Virtual currencies anybody can invent that people agree are worth something. Non-fungible tokens for digital assets. Virtual baseball cards. Whatever happened to owning stuff you could see and touch and value that way? Want to see my baseball card collection? Hold on, let me fire up my computer and go to the site. That one is mint! Just look at the pixels.

#12483 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm not made for this world anymore. Virtual currencies anybody can invent that people agree are worth something. Non-fungible tokens for digital assets. Virtual baseball cards. Whatever happened to owning stuff you could see and touch and value that way? Want to see my baseball card collection? Hold on, let me fire up my computer and go to the site. That one is mint! Just look at the pixels.

Crypto currencies have merit, but the field is crowded and dogecoin is a joke
NFT's I can't understand at all - just goes to show that people have a lot of money and don't know what to spend it on (AKA outrageous pinball prices)

in a few years people are going to look back at this with disbelief

#12484 2 years ago

Still holding my CCIV. I think the odds of it going up between now and June/August are extremely high.

I am starting to get a bit worried about inflation. I am seriously considering taking some money out of my accounts (non retirement) and buying some Stern LEs and JJP CEs and just holding them for a few years NIB before selling. With the astronomical price increases we are seeing I feel like those would be a good hedge against inflation (a tangible asset) as well as pull a reasonable rate of return. Do you think a Stern LE would appreciate 10% per year NIB? I realize I could get stuck with a dud like Munsters but my only NIB (a Spooky Rick and Morty) is appreciating at 12% per year so far based off of pinside sales.
Talk me back from the ledge

#12485 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am starting to get a bit worried about inflation. I am seriously considering taking some money out of my accounts (non retirement) and buying some Stern LEs and JJP CEs and just holding them for a few years NIB before selling. With the astronomical price increases we are seeing I feel like those would be a good hedge against inflation (a tangible asset) as well as pull a reasonable rate of return. Do you think a Stern LE would appreciate 10% per year NIB? I realize I could get stuck with a dud like Munsters but my only NIB (a Spooky Rick and Morty) is appreciating at 12% per year so far based off of pinside sales.

That's the craziest idea I have ever heard.

#12486 2 years ago

Still holding my CCIV. I think the odds of it going up between now and June/August are extremely high.

Don't do it! You are letting your love for a hobby cloud your investing decisions. When your hobby becomes your job your love for both will be impacted.

So here is my thought on pinball prices: they are stupid. I think that you have an artificial bubble right now because of COVID and people looking for activities since they are not traveling, etc. With things reopening, I think you will see some of that demand decrease. I don't think prices will drop (the big bubble), but I don't think that the meteoric rise will continue like they have in the past year.

I was and am seriously considering a Fathom remake but I am personally looking at do I want to spend that money on that or work on house projects. I am looking at the rising costs of materials for the house projects so making decisions if I want to do them now or later. I have to think I am not the only one doing this mental calculus.

TL; DR: Don't do it.

#12487 2 years ago

TDOC getting crushed from their earning miss -

#12488 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Don't do it! You are letting your love for a hobby cloud your investing decisions. When your hobby becomes your job your love for both will be impacted.
So here is my thought on pinball prices: they are stupid. I think that you have an artificial bubble right now because of COVID and people looking for activities since they are not traveling, etc. With things reopening, I think you will see some of that demand decrease. I don't think prices will drop (the big bubble), but I don't think that the meteoric rise will continue like they have in the past year.
I was and am seriously considering a Fathom remake but I am personally looking at do I want to spend that money on that or work on house projects. I am looking at the rising costs of materials for the house projects so making decisions if I want to do them now or later. I have to think I am not the only one doing this mental calculus.
TL; DR: Don't do it.

Nope, you aren't. I just spent the last 6 months renovating my entire house. I had to make some serious decisions due to the ever increasing costs. Add to that finding someone to actually do any work is about impossible. I ended up doing everything myself. I actually had one contractor look at the job and say he really didn't want to do it. On the plus side I learned a lot of new trades in case my job goes away

#12489 2 years ago

Inflation is happening, I am seeing all our vendors raise prices
But, pinball is not where I would be investing money - in my opinion, I know prices are going up, but the market is getting saturated and great new games keep coming out that will only eventually drive down demand for older titles.- - just my 2 cents, I am in pinball for amusement, not speculation

Take R&M out of the box, it's a really fun pin - sad you are missing out on it in hopes of making a few bucks

#12490 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Inflation is happening, I am seeing all our vendors raise prices
But, pinball is not where I would be investing money - in my opinion, I know prices are going up, but the market is getting saturated and great new games keep coming out that will only eventually drive down demand for older titles.- - just my 2 cents, I am in pinball for amusement, not speculation
Take R&M out of the box, it's a really fun pin - sad you are missing out on it in hopes of making a few bucks

Rick and Morty came out of the box 20 minutes after getting it home. Thats a keeper for me. The only thing I did before playing it was Mylar the shooter lane.

Edit: And its coming with me to the Allentown show for freeplay if all goes well.

#12491 2 years ago

Back in urnm this morning. Broke through the 50 day ma yesterday.

#12492 2 years ago

Oil prices have almost completely recovered from their drop recently, just in time for earnings. Still own suncor, just not as much as before.

#12493 2 years ago

Gold and silver are getting hammered today

#12494 2 years ago

Bought some TDOC and PINS for a quick trade. Exiting today or tomorrow.

Sold covered calls on each for protection.

#12495 2 years ago

and...as fast as it goes up...it goes down 2x as fast....i really hate the market.

#12496 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Gold and silver are getting hammered today

They keep attacking the metals because they know what’s coming

#12497 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and...as fast as it goes up...it goes down 2x as fast....i really hate the market.

Escalator up, elevator down.

#12498 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They keep attacking the metals because they know what’s coming

If the lever them down, they can cover shorts and go long before the surge

#12499 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If the lever them down, they can cover shorts and go long before the surge

Exactly. What’s your list of miners?

#12500 2 years ago

Right now I have mta, silv and ag

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/250?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.