200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 420.
#12401 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Bought another 1500 shares of UWMC today. Liking the movement based upon the call I made last week and going into earnings.

Aren't you worried about rates spiking near term?

#12402 2 years ago

I'm sticking to my plan to cut out all growth from my portfolio and only add commodity based assets. Plus starting to build the cash position in case the bubble shows signs of a pop.

#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Aren't you worried about rates spiking near term?

Nope. A lot of their revenue is loan servicing, which is not impacted.

#12404 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Crazy? I think it's expected for companies like airlines, cruise lines and large hotels. They will make far more money and have far more customers is they can provide a basic safety threshold of assuring all possible clients that their services are as safe and virus free as they can make them. Plus it shows they are looking our for their frontline staff's safety and well-being, which in turn makes staff want to work in places where large numbers of people are sharing air for long periods of time.

With the currently available evidence, previous infection and recovery provides better immunity than the vaccine. So yes, crazy. Also, vaccines are widely available enough now that anyone who wants one can get started on the course. Those who are confident enough in the vaccine should feel safe enough getting their own and there would be no need for others around them to get one. Also, there is plenty of evidence to support the use of Ivermectin as an extremely safe and effective treatment for Covid-19 at all levels of infection severity, but especially at prophylaxis and mild infection levels. 100% safety can never be assured, but previous infections, vaccination availability, and good treatments are all at levels that the safety of the vast majority of Americans from Covid-19 is very high. High enough that requiring vaccines is ludicrous from a medical evidence standpoint. But that isn't what is driving this. From a profits standpoint, invest in Pfizer. But I digress...

Relevant to the stock discussion, companies will also lose customers based on requiring vaccines. I would argue they will lose as many as they will gain but there really isn't any data available at this time to support or refute that.

#12405 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm sticking to my plan to cut out all growth from my portfolio and only add commodity based assets. Plus starting to build the cash position in case the bubble shows signs of a pop.

I’m right with you on commodities. I have options in GDX right now and looking to get SLV

#12406 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I bought TTC and ABNB today. Also bought more FSLY and SABR.
I am feeling really good about ABNB right now. More "vaccine passports" means more off-mainstream vacation options. A coworker was telling me she cannot fly into LAX without proof of vaccination; despite having proof that she had and recovered from Covid-19. This is getting crazy.

You realize that having COVID and getting over it doesn't mean you won't get it again, or give it to other people right? Face it, it is here to stay for at least the next 3-4 years, even with vaccination. Changes that are happening are not going to go away. Look at India right now. Until the entire world has it under control, it isn't going away. Grab some stock in mask makers.

#12407 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m right with you on commodities. I have options in GDX right now and looking to get SLV

don't play slv - get pslv. Don't support the paper market on silver.

I missed the near term play on FCX as recommended by you a while ago, going to see if it bounces off resistance or continues to a new high before I buy.

#12408 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You realize that having COVID and getting over it doesn't mean you won't get it again, or give it to other people right?

Neither does being vaccinated.

#12409 2 years ago

Honest question(s) that I really don’t have a good feel on:

If India lockdowns again, Which are the USA stock based companies that would be most negatively impacted? Where do you think the overreaction will occur that Would create buying opportunities?

I am pretty darn clueless on the Indian market.

#12410 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Neither does being vaccinated.

Exactly.

#12411 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Honest question(s) that I really don’t have a good feel on:
If India lockdowns again, Which are the USA stock based companies that would be most negatively impacted? Where do you think the overreaction will occur that Would create buying opportunities?
I am pretty darn clueless on the Indian market.

Not only country based, but factor in the huge computer chip shortage and things like that. They are talking chips are 8+ months out from getting the supply back to normal.

#12412 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

don't play slv - get pslv. Don't support the paper market on silver.
I missed the near term play on FCX as recommended by you a while ago, going to see if it bounces off resistance or continues to a new high before I buy.

Keep an eye on X as well.

#12413 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Keep an eye on X as well.

I've got that covered with SLX

Also closely monitoring URNM for a chance to get back in. Called the drop correctly with my stop, so just waiting for a bullish turn up to get back in lower.

#12414 2 years ago

Anyone riding the hog on ALB? It's just moving with no end in site.

#12415 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I bought some last week at 22 and can't wait to get out. I didn't realize the true market cap after the merger is like 35 billion. Most sites are just showing the market cap of CCIV which is barely 5 billion. I'd buy Lucid for 5 billion, but hate it at 35.

You all are busy today...

I dumped the CCIV today. I had shares and covered calls. Gained on the shares, lost more on the calls. Overall lost $500-1000 on the position, but when I wrote this last week it was down like $6000. Just glad to be out. Sold MAC as well. Account hit an all-time high today, so it's time to reassess a bit. I'm 90+% cash. Still holding WBA that I've had for years, AI, AFRM, POSH, and that's it. POSH is up 25% from the lows it hit last Tuesday.

#12416 2 years ago

From a business standpoint, I wouldn't think they'd want to wade into the conversations about vaccine or previous Covid infection effectiveness, immunity or side effects, that seems like a quagmire most businesses would avoid. Businesses are concerned on getting customers to come back and the path to get there is by showing your services are as safe and virus free as they can be. As much as you want to second guess how a business markets their products, it's hardly "crazy" for them to market them as safe or meeting some minimal safety standards. My friends that own bars, restaurants and other small businesses have bent over backwards building outdoor seating, investing in new HVAC systems, pulling seating, adding dividers, cleaning between clients, requiring and enforcing masking, and really trying to assure people their businesses are safe, it's not surprising that large corporations and businesses that are trying to rebound now are following a similar approach, which may include vaccine proof.

On a related note, for those interested in investing in Pfizer, May 6th is the ex-date to own shares by to get the June dividend, which looks like to be 39 cents a share.

#12417 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've got that covered with SLX
Also closely monitoring URNM for a chance to get back in. Called the drop correctly with my stop, so just waiting for a bullish turn up to get back in lower.

Are you doing options or buying shares?

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you doing options or buying shares?

I don't play with options - long or short is all I do. Long on SLX

Also trending to trade more ETFs to reduce volatility, but I do love FCX plan to add it to my position in COPX

#12419 2 years ago

Cut out my reopening plays from my portfolio because the constant... bs... delays in reopening the world are just making me even more frustrated with what's going on. And please spare me a long diatribe about how it's good for us to be herded.

Actc doing well, it's a very swingy stock at times but I like the potential a lot. Will be making EV public buses for many places.

#12420 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

You all are busy today...
I dumped the CCIV today. I had shares and covered calls. Gained on the shares, lost more on the calls. Overall lost $500-1000 on the position, but when I wrote this last week it was down like $6000. Just glad to be out. Sold MAC as well. Account hit an all-time high today, so it's time to reassess a bit. I'm 90+% cash. Still holding WBA that I've had for years, AI, AFRM, POSH, and that's it. POSH is up 25% from the lows it hit last Tuesday.

Right on! 90% cash....CCIV/Lucid is compelling but the space is getting crowded fast. That Cadillac Lyriq is incredible, and it starts at $58K! I also read Porsche Taycan sold just 61 cars less than 911? I can't believe it.....I tell you one thing, Scrooge might be knocking on Tesla's door come Christmas.

#12421 2 years ago

Digging days like this and the ones we had last week. Here are the stocks that I am currently in for those playing along at home.

2021-04-26t15-50-51 (resized).png2021-04-26t15-50-51 (resized).png
#12422 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Digging days like this and the ones we had last week. Here are the stocks that I am currently in for those playing along at home.
[quoted image]

Me too!

I'm up 16% for the day (in the day trading fund). I'm almost even for the month now!

#12423 2 years ago

That Amzn move sure felt good after it’s been mostly flat for months now.

Due to speculation over split or something real?

#12424 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Me too!
I'm up 16% for the day (in the day trading fund). I'm almost even for the month now!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#12425 2 years ago

All green for me today in stocks, crypto and index funds. Nothing like 16%, but I'll take 1.5-2% up every day I can get it.

#12426 2 years ago

Mac is a dog. What kinda dog is yet to be determined. I think realistically mac will be $22 or so before years end. If the shutdowns continue in california and new york, mac could be in deep trouble. They have ALOT of debt makes zero profit. Book value is around $14.5 a share, so buying below that should be easy $$$

Bought some pltr today.

#12427 2 years ago

Just did my research refresh on top etfs for the week and month. Interesting that more commodities were top movers. Just added CANE (sugar) WEAT (wheat) and CORN to my watchlist. WEAT and CORN are crazy, so I'll probably see if there is a pull back before jumping in. All 3 charts are nuts....

#12428 2 years ago

CCIV - at one point the stock was at $56 and the $60 call option within 3 weeks was paying $16 per share - i am an option guy like crazy - and i didn't do it - so talk about being stupid. thanks ed

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I bought TTC and ABNB today. Also bought more FSLY and SABR.
I am feeling really good about ABNB right now. More "vaccine passports" means more off-mainstream vacation options. A coworker was telling me she cannot fly into LAX without proof of vaccination; despite having proof that she had and recovered from Covid-19. This is getting crazy.

Unless something has changed in a week, your co-worker is mistaken. I flew into LAX last week...had no proof of anything. Business as usual, except every damn store in LAX is closed. Had to walk three terminals to get a cup of coffee.

#12430 2 years ago

Had to go look this up. There are no vaccine passports required for LAX. Maybe she meant the quarantining?

https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely

This is directly from the form they would like folks to fill out:

For those who must travel, fully vaccinated persons are at lower risk and may travel taking public health precautions. If asymptomatic, no quarantine or testing is needed upon return.

#12431 2 years ago

I really haven't been doing much in the last couple months but sitting and adding a tiny bit here and there, but as of today, I'm only 1% away from my all time high before the March dip. I thought the dips last week were going to be the start of some down time, but if you look at the overall trends for 1 year, even though the highs and lows are wide, the lows keep getting higher, and highers higher as well...little by little (note I'm just basing this on my own investments).

#12432 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Had to go look this up. There are no vaccine passports required for LAX. Maybe she meant the quarantining?
https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely
This is directly from the form they would like folks to fill out:
For those who must travel, fully vaccinated persons are at lower risk and may travel taking public health precautions. If asymptomatic, no quarantine or testing is needed upon return.

I am sure she was talking about the quarantine (which is still ridiculous) but I should have considered the source (she likes to exaggerate a bit). I wonder how they monitor that? You get in trouble if you get pulled over or get asked for your papers on the boardwalk, but can flout the rules if you get lucky? I guess I've been spoiled living in one of best states to be in during this. I can't imagine living in that kind of draconian BS environment.

And again, vaccine mandates will affect businesses negatively too, just like mask mandates did. I'll personally never go into Menards (formerly my favorite store) again as they would not allow you to enter without a mask for almost a year while all other stores were more lax. I will use any airline, cruise line, or go to any destination that doesn't require a vaccine 100% of the time over one that does. There are a lot of people who feel the same. I'm far too pro-freedom, and pro-science, to follow these kind of arbitrary, freedom-stealing, irrational fear-powered, rules meant to increase money and power for those who already have too much, under the guise of "safety".

Anyways, sorry for the only semi-relevant discussion. I'll stop talking about Covid-19 vaccines now.

#12433 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am sure she was talking about the quarantine (which is still ridiculous) but I should have considered the source (she likes to exaggerate a bit). I wonder how they monitor that? You get in trouble if you get pulled over or get asked for your papers on the boardwalk, but can flout the rules if you get lucky? I guess I've been spoiled living in one of best states to be in during this. I can't imagine living in that kind of draconian BS environment.
And again, vaccine mandates will affect businesses negatively too, just like mask mandates did. I'll personally never go into Menards (formerly my favorite store) again as they would not allow you to enter without a mask for almost a year while all other stores were more lax. I will use any airline, cruise line, or go to any destination that doesn't require a vaccine 100% of the time over one that does. There are a lot of people who feel the same. I'm far too pro-freedom, and pro-science, to follow these kind of arbitrary, freedom-stealing, irrational fear-powered, rules meant to increase money and power for those who already have too much, under the guise of "safety".
Anyways, sorry for the only semi-relevant discussion. I'll stop talking about Covid-19 vaccines now.

#12435 2 years ago
75DF790B-664A-4D0F-965E-30B9B8CC9A4D.gif75DF790B-664A-4D0F-965E-30B9B8CC9A4D.gif
#12437 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Everything about your posts confuse me. Some highlights:
-You say you live in one of the best states to be in during this, but South Dakota has the third highest infection rate in the country and will go down in the history books as having one of the biggest super spreader events (Sturgis).
-You think mask mandates hurts businesses, when polling shows Americans overwhelmingly support them and feel more comfortable going into businesses with these safety protocols.
-You say you are pro-freedom and pro-science, but then show you are neither again and again.

Businesses should have every right to follow the safety protocols they think will bring them more customers and protect their employees. Yes, you are welcome not to go to those businesses. There is no rallying cry for freedom in fighting safety protocols, prolonging the pandemic, and causing more people to get infected.

#12438 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Quoted from nwpinball:

Crazy? I think it's expected for companies like airlines, cruise lines and large hotels. They will make far more money and have far more customers is they can provide a basic safety threshold of assuring all possible clients that their services are as safe and virus free as they can make them. Plus it shows they are looking our for their frontline staff's safety and well-being, which in turn makes staff want to work in places where large numbers of people are sharing air for long periods of time.
From what I can tell, most people that don't want the vaccine are also people that don't travel much or at all. Most people I know that travel alot were fist in line for vaccines and think of it as a necessary thing to do before travelling, especially if they are travelling to other countries. And it's more about not wanting to infect service staff or people in other countries, than self-protection.

I think that both of you fine gentlemen have...interesting... opinions on COVID-19 and the response. I invite you to continue the discussion in PM or over in the COVID thread.

#12439 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Quoted from nwpinball:

Everything about your posts confuse me. Some highlights:
-You say you live in one of the best states to be in during this, but South Dakota has the third highest infection rate in the country and will go down in the history books as having one of the biggest super spreader events (Sturgis).
-You think mask mandates hurts businesses, when polling shows Americans overwhelmingly support them and feel more comfortable going into businesses with these safety protocols.
-You say you are pro-freedom and pro-science, but then show you are neither again and again.
Businesses should have every right to follow the safety protocols they think will bring them more customers and protect their employees. Yes, you are welcome not to go to those businesses. There is no rallying cry for freedom in fighting safety protocols, prolonging the pandemic, and causing more people to get infected. You are too selfish to do the hard work that's necessary to make our communities, country and economy strong again.

Lets just not do this here.

#12440 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Lets just not do this here.

Jinx!

#12441 2 years ago

Yes, people wanting to be controlled is popular opinion... not saying that "poll" is incorrect, just wondrous.

#12442 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Congrats! Last year was a good year all the way around for a lot of folks. I got out of the market at the early stages of COViD and rebought much lower and did very well. I know you would not advocate that strategy but it worked for me.
Sounds like you are an early retirement/ FIRE guy. Have you checked in on that thread here? Some pretty interesting discussions over there.

I would not, but do not begrudge those that do if they understand what they’re doing. This has always been my view.

I know the limits of my ability and I’d end up paralyzed on when to buy back in if I had sold. For me, it would be too easy to miss the recovery.

Nicely done if you caught it, that’s a big gainer.

#12443 2 years ago

UPS knocked it out of the park with earnings
You need to be diversified, can't just own SPACs and Tech stocks

Quoted from investingdad:

I would not, but do not begrudge those that do if they understand what they’re doing. This has always been my view.
I know the limits of my ability and I’d end up paralyzed on when to buy back in if I had sold. For me, it would be too easy to miss the recovery.
Nicely done if you caught it, that’s a big gainer.

I got lucky, I didn't get out of the market - but thought in Jan/Feb that the market was getting over valued.
I had sold a select number of stocks and took profit - only to be able to by them back at a 30%+ discount a few months later

#12444 2 years ago

Big earnings day today. I am particularly interested in both MSFT and AMD. Expecting a good tape from both.

#12445 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Big earnings day today. I am particularly interested in both MSFT and AMD. Expecting a good tape from both.

Yeah, but good earnings have really only meant big drops. :/

#12446 2 years ago

Silver is jumping again today

#12447 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, but good earnings have really only meant big drops. :/

not with UPS - check out the action today

#12448 2 years ago

MMM reports positive news and drops. My brother worked there a few years ago and while he was there we would talk about it every quarter. Seems like most quarters they could report positively, it would drop, and then climb back and then some over the next 2 weeks. It was funny, but he was the one that owned the shares.

#12449 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

MMM reports positive news and drops. My brother worked there a few years ago and while he was there we would talk about it every quarter. Seems like most quarters they could report positively, it would drop, and then climb back and then some over the next 2 weeks. It was funny, but he was the one that owned the shares.

MMM is still up 30%+ in a year (not including dividends), I think that's pretty good
Most of the time a stock drops on good earnings is because they are not giving the forecast investors want to hear

https://www.barrons.com/articles/3m-earnings-were-good-the-stock-is-falling-anyway-51619531031?siteid=yhoof2

#12450 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I've been watching all of the big names for clues...the reason MMM fell is because they left the full year's guidance the same, they also talked about raising prices due to inflationary pressures. Sooo I've been selling, I originally wanted to get to 10% in cash but I'm trying to get to 25% now. I've waiting on FB and BA. I have trimmed both, mostly BA because of what happened to GE and the Airline group after earnings.... BA may sink a little after earnings (unless there is some big news they're sitting on about 737 elect issues and 777X productions?).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/249?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.