Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 421.
#12301 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

300 points is nothing, 3000 is not even note worthy, the market us up 55% in the last 12 months. I don't see a stampede here

This. The Market has been doing FANTASTIC over the past year, small drops here and there based on the news of the day are totally normal, the market dropped multiple times in the past month more than it did today.

And hey, if millionaires are going to be taxed a few percentage more, it's not like they are going to pull their money out of the market and to try to make less money.

#12302 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They are, most of them are vocal supporters of progressive taxation. I'm friends with quite a few Amazon developers (as well as Microsoft, Valve and other programmers and game developers) and they are very progressive millionaires.

That is your Pacific Northwest bias showing. I know a bunch of millionaires in other parts of the country not happy with this.

#12303 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is your Pacific Northwest bias showing. I know a bunch of millionaires in other parts of the country not happy with this.

Well....I'm sure you've heard people vote with their wallets, so I bet they'll be plenty of unhappy people about their taxes going up. I point out facts not fiction or feelings. I3% tax on capital gains is ludicrously low, as pointed out by Warren Buffet himself, who is not exactly a liberal.

#12304 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

300 points is nothing, 3000 is not even note worthy, the market us up 55% in the last 12 months. I don't see a stampede here
We've been hearing the demise of the USA under Dems for years, yet we're still here...and getting richer every year. Remember Obama care? Death panels, they will kill grandma!...Minimum wage increase will close 50% of small businesses? None of it ever came true....the same bs was said during the 50's about social security. Capital gains taxes are at 15%, you subtract costs you get to 13%....how many of you working stiffs pay 13% tax rate form your work income? Answer: None.

Um....not sure what prompted that political diatribe? I didn't say anything about democrats or their polices. Defensive much? I was simply pointing out the 50s market and today's market are entirely different and a cap gains increase will affect it differently

#12305 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Forgive my pedantic nature, but this isn’t going to directly affect millionaires writ large. It’s going to affect those that earn a million or more a year.

Much smaller subset. (Earnings vs net worth)

#12306 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The context of the statement was Amazon and Tesla millionaires. I live in the city where Amazon is located and easily has the most Amazon millionaires. I certainly wasn't talking about anyone else beyond the younger 20-40 something tech millionaires set, who, are definitely more progressive than other millionaires.

#12307 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Um....not sure what prompted that political diatribe? I didn't say anything about democrats or their polices. Defensive much? I was simply pointing out the 50s market and today's market are entirely different and a cap gains increase will affect it differently

Sorry that wasn't completely directed to your post...it was about the whole Biden post

#12308 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sorry that wasn't completely directed to your post...it was about the whole Biden post

All good!

#12309 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Forgive my pedantic nature, but this isn’t going to directly affect millionaires writ large. It’s going to affect those that earn a million or more a year.
Much smaller subset. (Earnings vs net worth)

Let me clarify: I know a bunch of people that make a mil a year and they are not happy. I wish I had that problem.

#12310 3 years ago

I just saw a TBL listed for $40K. If that sells well all be millionaires soon if you own pinball machines.

#12311 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Let me clarify: I know a bunch of people that make a mil a year and they are not happy. I wish I had that problem.

Pretty impressive that I (internet) know someone who knows a bunch of the 0.1%.

Now to go prepare my casual name drop speech for when quarantine ends.

#12312 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Pretty impressive that I (internet) know someone who knows a bunch of the 0.1%.

Now to go prepare my casual name drop speech for when quarantine ends.

I’m in tech sales and in the DC area. It is not uncommon.

#12314 3 years ago

I learned last year that news and even my own opinions don’t matter and became a better investor and worry a lot less along the way because of it.

I look at the tax increases like this - It likely won’t matter for the market. Joe Biden gets elected and market goes up and now he may raise taxes, no surprise, so he makes the market go down? He helps and hurts the market! That’s odd.

Overall SaP is still in an upward trend. And VOO is what I have now with boring QQQ and alot of dividend stocks I bought after I pretty much purged all my Momentum stocks at the end of February. Paid off my house also. I feel with the SaP 4350 is coming not next week or even next month but soon. Maybe Bidens infrastructure bill or vaccine program will be the reason? If it drops along the way to 4000 it will be because of the taxes or Covid cases in India.......China? Taxes or not SaP will be higher by year end and higher for next 3-4Ish years, but not 2020 type ups. Those are over. Then the party will end though and Fed can’t save us from that drop nor fuel a quick comeback. Nut wait the Fed controls the market right? Do they let it drop big sometimes on purpose? That’s Cruel!

Any way I know my opinions and views don’t matter. I didn’t think the market should have gone up so much last year but I participated heavily from May on anyway. I didn’t let the negative news get in the way of the wave I was riding up. Have you noticed most of the nespws leans negative anyway? Like I also think crypto is dumb also but will likely add a few holdings for long term. So I don’t think things like news or even my own opinions, matter too much. I take what is in front of me and follow waves and trends as they go and try to make money along the way.

The best part about all this is if you disagree that’s ok with me. I said my views don’t matter. Things will play out as they play out no matter what you are or I think.

Oh and pretty this much sums up what news does for the market. I thought of this today after the tax hike news. Had to let this out after seeing 2000 posts about a tax increase. Things will be ok. Unless you are selling your 40 year old business next year to retire. Then no.
56A4426F-312D-4734-8EAF-E1ABC085A8C3 (resized).jpeg56A4426F-312D-4734-8EAF-E1ABC085A8C3 (resized).jpeg

#12315 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I guess it would depend on what is making them unhappy. The work, or the complications of making that much money and managing it.

The problem with new or “off and on” millionaires making market based gains is that you wouldn’t always be able to predict how much you are going to make in a given year.

Maybe 1m. Maybe 300k. Maybe completely bust.

Now imagine every year is like that. It would be super difficult to plan your tax liabilities up front and know if you will owe, get back, need to make quarterly payments, etc.

You could even have years where you owe on gains from the previous year and haven’t the money in the current year to cover it without selling assets at a huge loss thereby making the government owe you most or all of that money back the next year.

That’s not a problem I would want to have.

#12316 3 years ago

You guys still holding HITIF?

#12317 3 years ago

So if you had to put some money into 2 stocks today, what would they be?

#12318 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well....I'm sure you've heard people vote with their wallets, so I bet they'll be plenty of unhappy people about their taxes going up. I point out facts not fiction or feelings. I3% tax on capital gains is ludicrously low, as pointed out by Warren Buffet himself, who is not exactly a liberal.

Sorry, I hate when people quote Buffet on Tax policy.
Billionaires are out of touch with reality.
He is free to make donations to the IRS above what is required.

#12319 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I am....pot sector overall is down if thats what worries you. Im still in Hitif and Hexo and plan to be for the next year or two.

#12320 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yeah, it's easy for billionaires to say take half my money....cause they will still be billionaires. Just means their charitable foundarions will get less because don't think for a minute they'll be forced to sacrifice their private jets, staff, vacation homes, etc. Take half my money, and i would be forced to make lifestyle changes as I'm sure many of you fellow traders would as well.

#12321 3 years ago

Yeah, I hear ya...he's significant because he is who he is. The message remains true nevertheless

#12322 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I guess it would depend on what is making them unhappy. The work, or the complications of making that much money and managing it.
The problem with new or “off and on” millionaires making market based gains is that you wouldn’t always be able to predict how much you are going to make in a given year.
Maybe 1m. Maybe 300k. Maybe completely bust.
Now imagine every year is like that. It would be super difficult to plan your tax liabilities up front and know if you will owe, get back, need to make quarterly payments, etc.
You could even have years where you owe on gains from the previous year and haven’t the money in the current year to cover it without selling assets at a huge loss thereby making the government owe you most or all of that money back the next year.
That’s not a problem I would want to have.

We were talking about the proposed tax increases. They are not happy with those.

#12323 3 years ago

Even if they go up, it only impacts you if you sell. Just don't sell

#12324 3 years ago

A good 10-15% drop is healthy, needed, and coming soon. Especially considering the overvaluation of so many stocks.

Almost every sector of the economy is facing severe supply chain disruptions and inflation is going to explode, if even for a short time. Heck, the market may even drop 20% for the summer. But I believe it will be short lived (3-4 months)

Let's get that correction, inflation, supply issues over with and move on to the upside!

#12325 3 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

even drop 20% for the summer. But I believe it will be short lived (3-4 months)
Let's get that correction, inflation, supply issues over with and move on to the upside!

I agree...20% is a bit steep but 10-15% is a solid guess

#12326 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I agree...20% is a bit steep but 10-15% is a solid guess

Yeah, I talked myself into that 20% figure as I typed lol.

#12327 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes! Staying in until it gets listed and maybe longer.

#12328 3 years ago

bought some TME, someone on the board mentioned it a while back.
Thinking this is a decent entry point

#12329 3 years ago

bought some TME, someone on the board mentioned it a while back.
Thinking this is a decent entry point

Me and nw bought some about a month ago after a mini crash. I sold mine for a couple bucks profit a share. Was in at 17 something out at 20 or so. A little of the old in and out.

#12330 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I am, 1100 shares. It was my 4/20 play that didn't happen, it's 3rd time I've owned it.

#12331 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They are, most of them are vocal supporters of progressive taxation. I'm friends with quite a few Amazon developers (as well as Microsoft, Valve and other programmers and game developers) and they are very progressive millionaires.

Let me know how they feel about high taxes when they retire. Especially if thier high paying tech jobs disappear before they retire.

If I'm still alive that is...

#12332 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Me and nw bought some about a month ago after a mini crash. I sold mine for a couple bucks profit a share. Was in at 17 something out at 20 or so. A little of the old in and out.

Yeah, I think $17-$18 is a good entry point for either a short term sell when it hits the low to mid 20s or a longer hold play. Chinese companies have a lot of volatility that can be a bit scary, but the company seems to be doing well and signing deals with Sony and other partners.

#12333 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let me know how they feel about high taxes when they retire. Especially if thier high paying tech jobs disappear before they retire.
If I'm still alive that is...

Also ask them why the heck they are pulling a cool mil from their taxable accounts and not other revenue streams.

Bonus points: what the heck kind of lifestyle are they trying to sustain for a mil yearly in retirement expenses?

#12334 3 years ago

keep thinking I should sell STX - but it keeps hitting new 52wk highs while paying a nice dividend along the way

#12335 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So if you had to put some money into 2 stocks today, what would they be?

I personally added to my positions in Kroger’s and Pfizer.

#12336 3 years ago

Anyone thinking about playing the silver squeeze that is targeted for 1 May? I might pick up some pslv and be ready at the trigger monday morning to dump on a spike. I wouldn't expect huge moves, but if they move silver one or two bucks that would be enough to make some quick money. Then they can hold their silver while I sell out.

#12337 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I personally added to my positions in Kroger’s and Pfizer.

I'm big on Pfizer right now, it's been a slow steady climber for months. The vaccine, it's booster, their research into Covid treatments and their lead on mRNA vaccines is all super promising.

#12338 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm big on Pfizer right now, it's been a slow steady climber for months. The vaccine, it's booster, their research into Covid treatments and their lead on mNRA vaccines is all super promising.

I wish I had jumped on this early on..MRNA is the future

#12339 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I am....pot sector overall is down if thats what worries you. Im still in Hitif and Hexo and plan to be for the next year or two.

Thank you! Feel much better now

#12340 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes! Staying in until it gets listed and maybe longer.

Hoping it gets listed this year

#12341 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I am, 1100 shares. It was my 4/20 play that didn't happen, it's 3rd time I've owned it.

I got 3,500 in HITIF

#12342 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hoping it gets listed this year

It will. Supposedly everything checks out just need the rs.

#12343 3 years ago

Money flowing out of bitcoin and going somewhere...low volume today so maybe sidelines? Or are they pulling it to buy silver on May 1st?

#12344 3 years ago

Really? I'm almost back to where I was last week. At least at the moment. Nearly everything is way green.

#12345 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Really? I'm almost back to where I was last week. At least at the moment. Nearly everything is way green.

low volume does not equal a down day, just lack of conviction

Another interesting note - ALL my miners are up today even with the metals down, something is getting ready to happen.

#12346 3 years ago

Intel disappointed on earnings and profit margins, I hope it’s a minor setback and they can get back to strength in the field.

#12347 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

low volume does not equal a down day, just lack of conviction
Another interesting note - ALL my miners are up today even with the metals down, something is getting ready to happen.

I’m with you on this call

#12348 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Money flowing out of bitcoin and going somewhere...low volume today so maybe sidelines? Or are they pulling it to buy silver on May 1st?

doubt there is a big overlap of bitcoin / silver buyers

#12349 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

What's the significance of May 1st?

#12350 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's the significance of May 1st?

I have no idea, just the day wall street silver is targeting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.