Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 421.
#12201 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

What's everyone buying today?

Buying more Exro! Keeps testing resistance and bouncing back up. Lots of good news coming out on the company. I'd like to see one more downturn so I can buy more, though.

#12202 3 years ago

For those still holding HCMC, an opportunity in the future to buy at discount in a 4 to 1 deal:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/healthier-choices-management-corp-files-120000375.html

#12203 3 years ago
Quoted from TireFryer426:

I used to work there. Am absolutely kicking myself for leaving, had a pretty good annual stock award. Their stock was at $15 when I left

Ouch, it's now in the $265 range. I think their crypto play is smart, they've made it really easy for people to buy it for the first time and are collecting fees on every transaction. A lot of people jumped on board.

#12204 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ouch, it's now in the $265 range. I think their crypto play is smart, they've made it really easy for people to buy it for the first time and are collecting fees on every transaction. A lot of people jumped on board.

haha, definitely ouch. but hey, hindsight right?
They are on a very short list of companies I've worked for that I would return to. I'm glad to see them doing good things.

#12205 3 years ago

Today hurt.

#12206 3 years ago

I have got hammered like four days in a row. So I just went and bought some Bitcoin.
Obviously I need something more volatile

#12207 3 years ago

Thank you for the heads up. I appreciate hearing things like this ahead of time.

Quoted from robertmee:

For those still holding HCMC, an opportunity in the future to buy at discount in a 4 to 1 deal:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/healthier-choices-management-corp-files-120000375.html

#12208 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

"HCMC will require additional funding. In an effort to achieve this funding in a potentially non-dilutive manner to current shareholders"
Non-dilutive - I call BS. Unless pumping more share out to current holders for cash is non-dilution...

#12209 3 years ago

The short term might hold more downside pain (next week or so at the most)...this is a head fake, they'll return to the previous levels after this shakeout. The only dark cloud on the horizon is the cap tax increase and inflation but I don't think it's something we need to worry about in the short term. Powell has stated there won't be any interest hikes till next year, that leaves the tax hike and that may not be on the docket till we fully recover from the pandemic so maybe late next year...all signs point to higher levels.

#12210 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have got hammered like four days in a row. So I just went and bought some Bitcoin.
Obviously I need something more volatile

Get Safemoon! I bought 600 bucks of it, a shitload of coins, up 93% in less than a day already

#12211 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Get Safemoon! I bought 600 bucks of it, a shitload of coins, up 93% in less than a day already

How do you buy Safemoon? Please dumb it down for me as I am new to crypto!

#12212 3 years ago
Quoted from vglohaus:

I’ll PM you as I know crypto talk isn’t allowed here

#12213 3 years ago

Lot of earnings coming up next week.

#12214 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The short term might hold more downside pain (next week or so at the most)...this is a head fake, they'll return to the previous levels after this shakeout. The only dark cloud on the horizon is the cap tax increase and inflation but I don't think it's something we need to worry about in the short term. Powell has stated there won't be any interest hikes till next year, that leaves the tax hike and that may not be on the docket till we fully recover from the pandemic so maybe late next year...all signs point to higher levels.

From what I am seeing, there is going to be significant inflation this year.
Our vendors are all increasing prices 5-15% already.

#12216 3 years ago
Quoted from vglohaus:

Do your due diligence on that one. I know you’re not supposed to talk about crypto but I don’t want to see you drive your wallet into a wall at full speed.

That coin just launched, has a supply of something like 650 Trillion coins and offers no data on total supply.

#12217 3 years ago

Throwing out a name for you: UWMC. I am a proud bag holder of this stock, which is the leader in the wholesale mortgage business. They played hardball with RKT here recently and won. Sadly, I bought some around 12.25 and then averaged down in the 8's, and we have dropped below that. Just got an analyst bump today at Barclay's (link below) and interest rates have dropped to their lowest levels in 2 months. Pays a decent dividend. Highly speculative, and I am down a good portion, but may interest some of you.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3683865-uwm-holdings-stock-snags-overweight-rating-at-barclay-on-market-share-prospects

#12218 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do your due diligence on that one. I know you’re not supposed to talk about crypto but I don’t want to see you drive your wallet into a wall at full speed.
That coin just launched, has a supply of something like 650 Trillion coins and offers no data on total supply.

Guys, its not that we are not supposed to talk crypto here but for a while that is all this became, and it wasn't focused on anything specific other that fiat is bad and you are dumb if you hold it. As for Safemoon, I am not buying anything that has that many coins and no data.

#12219 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Guys, its not that we are not supposed to talk crypto here but for a while that is all this became, and it wasn't focused on anything specific other that fiat is bad and you are dumb if you hold it. As for Safemoon, I am not buying anything that has that many coins and no data.

But it has safe AND moon in its name so how could it not triple your money by Friday? I’m taking out a second mortgage as we speak and plan on putting a deposit on a boat for my boat tomorrow.

YOLO

#12220 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Throwing out a name for you: UWMC. I am a proud bag holder of this stock, which is the leader in the wholesale mortgage business. They played hardball with RKT here recently and won. Sadly, I bought some around 12.25 and then averaged down in the 8's, and we have dropped below that. Just got an analyst bump today at Barclay's (link below) and interest rates have dropped to their lowest levels in 2 months. Pays a decent dividend. Highly speculative, and I am down a good portion, but may interest some of you.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3683865-uwm-holdings-stock-snags-overweight-rating-at-barclay-on-market-share-prospects

looks interesting, would feel better if they had a longer historical record of paying a dividend
but I'll play

#12221 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

From what I am seeing, there is going to be significant inflation this year.
Our vendors are all increasing prices 5-15% already.

That's true but he will keep rates low....even with inflation the stocks that will be most affected are the startups and the ones in the growing phase. The litmus test is do you think the economy will put up better number come this December or worse? If you think there is going to be re-opening boom then inflation will be a small haircut factor (less than 10%). Don't forget there is close to 6 trillion Dollars of free money dumped into the pot.

Quoted from DBLM:

I have small dividend play stock to throw out for you guys too, Two Harbor Investments (TWO) this is stock is amazing, I thought for sure they'd be toast with the pandemic but the mgmt of this company is just phenomenal. Their dividend record is excellent. it's crazy....close to 10%

#12222 3 years ago

looks interesting, would feel better if they had a longer historical record of paying a dividend
but I'll play

Not advocating a buy but you are free to do whatever you like. But you downvote me and are going to follow me in on this?

#12223 3 years ago

Safemoon is a highly speculative play, no doubt. It just launched about 3 weeks ago. They are supposedly getting listed in 2 of major crypto currency wallets this week. People are getting it now before price jumps. I invested 600 bucks in it. Got close to 100M coins and I’ll leave it for the long term. If Safemoon goes to shit, Oh well

#12224 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Not advocating a buy but you are free to do whatever you like. But you downvote me and are going to follow me in on this?

Funny

#12225 3 years ago

I made a HUGE mistake with Doge coin. I had coins I got late last year. Sold them about 2 months ago. Why Idk. Needless to say, I would’ve made a ton of money went price got to .43 cents

#12226 3 years ago

UIPath IPO today...

#12227 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I made a HUGE mistake with Doge coin. I had coins I got late last year. Sold them about 2 months ago. Why Idk. Needless to say, I would’ve made a ton of money went price got to .43 cents

I bought some doge with money i made from messing around with CPU mining a few years ago. Maybe amounted to $30 or somewhere around there. Not much. I only have 4200 coins, but I basically got them for free - and subsequently forgot I even had them. Wish I had dumped more in, when I bought it I was thinking 'you know, I bet this will go haywire someday just because of what it is'. But I was more interested in buying XRP.
XRP hasn't treated me bad even though it got pretty dicey for a while, but $1400 ish that came out of nothing is by far my best ROI yet.

#12228 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

lol, that was a miss-click

#12229 3 years ago

#12230 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

dogecoin is a joke - unlimited supply, same as printing money in your garage
lot of people are going to get hurt on that one

#12231 3 years ago

I am losing my ass on CCIV and not sure what to do. I already averaged down a bit but that just increased my holding size and therefore my losses since. I am down almost 50% ($7000) on it. I haven't experienced this kind of loss before. I am probably going to just hold and wait (I can do so for years, if necessary), but I am a little concerned about it just tanking more and never recovering and think perhaps I should just cut my losses and try to make my money back elsewhere. Or there is the option of averaging down by buying even more, which might be the craziest idea.

#12232 3 years ago

Anybody think NFLX is a buy?
think I am a buyer if it drops under $500

#12233 3 years ago

dogecoin is a joke - unlimited supply, same as printing money in your garage
lot of people are going to get hurt on that one

I couldn't agree more. It was a buy when it was at .002 cents just on the likelihood that it went bananas. I wouldn't touch it at current pricing. Its definitely going to fall off a cliff.

#12234 3 years ago

It's all good, brother. Just having a little fun. If you are going to follow me, follow me on UIPath. Just freed up 60K+ that I am putting in on that today.

#12235 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am losing my ass on CCIV and not sure what to do. I already averaged down a bit but that just increased my holding size and therefore my losses since. I am down almost 50% ($7000) on it. I haven't experienced this kind of loss before. I am probably going to just hold and wait (I can do so for years, if necessary), but I am a little concerned about it just tanking more and never recovering and think perhaps I should just cut my losses and try to make my money back elsewhere. Or there is the option of averaging down by buying even more, which might be the craziest idea.

sell, got out of all spacs a while back, there was way too much hype
My worst mistakes have always been holding on to loosers for too long and avg. down to many times
always set a $ or % stop loss when you buy a stock and stick to it, unless the changing story dictates an adjustment

#12236 3 years ago

sell, got out of all spacs a while back, there was way too much hype
My worst mistakes have always been holding on to loosers for too long and avg. down to many times
always set a $ or % stop loss when you buy a stock and stick to it, unless the changing story dictates an adjustment

Guh, I feel this on PSTH...
Maybe I just need another rap video.

#12237 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have never been a fan of CCIV. Your loss is about where I am on UWMC. I would recommend that you wait to see if it gets and price stability. If it starts moving up, average down based upon momentum. But right now, you do not want to catch a falling knife any more than you have.

Based upon their current situation, I do not see a lot of catalysts that would change my opinion on the stock. Things could change, but right now I would not throw good money after bad.

#12238 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm down 40% on GIK. Its trying to make a run now, but I doubt its going back over 10.
I got in on THCB early, but its dropped so hard i'm almost back to break even. I was up 300% at one point.
SPACS got leveled...

#12239 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Guh, I feel this on PSTH...
Maybe I just need another rap video.

Yeah, the dude touting PSTH has not been around in months...

Never trust Bill Ackman.

#12240 3 years ago

Anybody think NFLX is a buy?
think I am a buyer if it drops under $500

I don't think so, not in the short term....too much competition coming online, Disney+. Paramount+, CBS-Viacom, HBOMax etc. at best they can hope to just hold the line at this point. I don't see the kind of growth they've been enjoying.

#12241 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PSTH rip from the lows
I think we saw the bottom today boys
Merger announcement is very close. Today was a gift.

This did not age well.

#12242 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Hold on. Lucid looks like it's got a chance to actually make a car....unlike Lordstown motors and Nikola. This is just an opinion, but I think once the first good news comes out about productions it will go up. Good luck!

#12243 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This did not age well.

I got excited and bought some back then too. Still holding. Been selling monthly puts/calls which has gotten my cost basis to just a little more than where it is trading now.

Still been a dog though.

My poor little ftoc has been thrown in with the rest of the lot (I feel unfairly so). That one I am still green on, but man, I miss January. I feel real good about the takeover target but it will take a few years to play out. As I said a few months ago, I suspect that while the investment will be profitable, it will underperform the S&P. Should have just bought voo.

#12244 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Quoted from DBLM:

I have never been a fan of CCIV. Your loss is about where I am on UWMC. I would recommend that you wait to see if it gets and price stability. If it starts moving up, average down based upon momentum. But right now, you do not want to catch a falling knife any more than you have.
Based upon their current situation, I do not see a lot of catalysts that would change my opinion on the stock. Things could change, but right now I would not throw good money after bad.

I am in the same boat on CCIV. Rode it from $24 to $64, then bought in again on the way down at $34 and $27. I am averaged in at $29.99 It is my largest single investment, and I am holding mine. The "ticker change" is supposed to happen no later than 30 June. I believe the stock will rise between 30 June and 1 September, when the first of the PIPE investors can theoretically sell. My exit at a loss scenario is, if the price has not covered past $30 a share by 15 August, I bail at a loss. Depending on your interpretation, the theoretical floor on it is $10 or $15 a share. Of course if I knew how low it was going to go I would have bailed and bought back in lower. Due your own Due Diligence. I am planning on selling some if and when it is back in the black to diversify some in any case.

#12245 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Two choices here, ride it out and try to get close to even or sell it and use the money elsewhere. I am training myself to dump the losers instead of hanging on. It does help if you sell a winner at the same time to offset some or all of the loss. I am getting better at using a 7% stop loss to avoid getting in that situation in the future. When I sold some uranium at a good profit I dumped my losing miner at the same time. Never had second guessed that decision and I never check the price since I dumped it.

#12246 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't think so, not in the short term....too much competition coming online, Disney+. Paramount+, CBS-Viacom, HBOMax etc. at best they can hope to just hold the line at this point. I don't see the kind of growth they've been enjoying.

not very worried about competition - in the long run
NFLX, Disney/Hulu & Prime are going to be the top 3 winners in the streaming wars when all said and done

Disney owns most of Hulu

#12247 3 years ago

not very worried about competition - in the long run
NFLX, Disney/Hulu are going to be the top 3 winners in the streaming wars when all said and done

I have Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Youtube Red. The order I personally watch them: Youtube, HBO Max, Prime, Disney, Netflix, Hulu.

Netflix has so much of their original stuff that is just mostly crap and haven't been carrying as much of the movies I actually want to see lately, like they used to.

#12248 3 years ago

I think there's an opportunity for the traditional cable companies to put streaming services under their umbrella. I'm incredibly annoyed that every commercial break I see shows advertised that I can't watch because I don't subscribe to this channel's extra special streaming service.

There are a laughable amount of services now. I always wanted an a la carte option for cable services, but the need to sign up for literally dozens of different sites and navigate varying apps is just stupid.

Live TV (except sports) is dead. The streaming options are chaotic and most of them have really poor interfaces. Whomever can wrangle all of that content and unify the experience stands to win big.

#12249 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Youtube Red. The order I personally watch them: Youtube, HBO Max, Prime, Disney, Netflix, Hulu.
Netflix has so much of their original stuff that is just mostly crap and haven't been carrying as much of the movies I actually want to see lately, like they used to.

forgot to add prine to the list
I have been watching a bunch of hbo max also

#12250 3 years ago

I rotate streaming services. Right now we are on CBS All Access watching Frasier and Star Trek. I buy a digital giftcard through paypal and subscribe for a dollar set ammount, usually 3 months. I then rotate services after 3 months to try something different and watch the "good shows". This way there is always something new and we keep the costs down. HBO was last, and HULU is next. 10/10 will keep rotating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.