IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 421.
#11801 3 years ago

What’s everyone doing this week?

Wait and see?

I’m not doing much, hoping on pltr to break even for me or close to and dump it.

All in in hitif so just waiting to see what’s gonna happen but that could be a few months.

Last minute bump on tme Friday so watching closely, no idea what it’s gonna do Monday or this week. Not sure if I’ll hold for a bit or just take a quick profit.

#11802 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey all, looking for some opinions on investments that generate a little monthly income. Long story short, my mother is going to assisted living and we will be selling her house and will have a lump of money to use for her care. Her pension and SS will almost cover her monthly outlay, but will be a little short, so we need the house proceeds to generate income. If we had $150,000 in cash, is there a way to reliably and safely generate a couple of hundred dollars a month?
Thanks for your opinions.

How old is your mom and what is an expected life span for her? How much is a few hundred a month?

Why invest it at all?

Put it in the bank as cash, pull $500 a month, you fully deplete it at 25 years. No risk at all.

#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What’s everyone doing this week?
Wait and see?
I’m not doing much, hoping on pltr to break even for me or close to and dump it.
All in in hitif so just waiting to see what’s gonna happen but that could be a few months.
Last minute bump on tme Friday so watching closely, no idea what it’s gonna do Monday or this week. Not sure if I’ll hold for a bit or just take a quick profit.

I’m sitting back and watching. If we see a lot of pain, I’ll start buying.

#11804 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey all, looking for some opinions on investments that generate a little monthly income. Long story short, my mother is going to assisted living and we will be selling her house and will have a lump of money to use for her care. Her pension and SS will almost cover her monthly outlay, but will be a little short, so we need the house proceeds to generate income. If we had $150,000 in cash, is there a way to reliably and safely generate a couple of hundred dollars a month?

Unless you need the house proceeds for the assisted living facility deposit (been there, done that), don't sell the house but rent it for a nice monthly income.

Another option is to buy a stable stock like Pepsico and write covered calls. it pays 3% dividends, but with 500 shares, you could easily earn another $200 to $300 monthly on 1 month out calls.

#11805 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No matter, we are in for a rough week.

Why this week more than any other?

#11806 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I like Verizon myself and also got into Iron Mountain which is a REIT and pays close to 8%

I’d suggest a few different dividend paying stocks, T, IBM and MMM pay good dividends as well.

Also don’t count safety to mean the stocks will not ever go down but rather the value can go up and down but the dividend payments should be safe ( also not guaranteed but mostly safe ).

There’s also high yield etf like VYM that yields 3%

#11807 3 years ago

/BTC futures up nicely! Buying MAY21 RIOT & MARA at the money calls and shares on the open. QQQ SPY etc set to rip higher this week! Ended up buying the April16 contracts since the May's were not liquid.

#11808 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looks like it's had a nice bounce off it's bottom MACD is extremely bullish on this stock- Think I'll watch it.

Boeing spiked today....It was up over 6 in premarket...also looks like some good bank stocks might be discounted today.

#11809 3 years ago

I think HEXO has finally bottomed. Time to buy in? Received a lot of good recommendations over the weekend.

#11810 3 years ago

Sold 50% stake in BA at 254.00....looks like the market maybe headed lower

#11811 3 years ago

Just transferred some money into investment accounts to buy ARKX. ARKX is Cathie Wood's space innovation stock ETF which will start trading tomorrow.

Still losing my butt on CCIV.

#11812 3 years ago

ArkX what’s the launch estimate?

#11813 3 years ago
9183DE07-0FD8-4B40-9357-A7A66D7E9FA7.png9183DE07-0FD8-4B40-9357-A7A66D7E9FA7.png
#11814 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

ArkX what’s the launch estimate?

Depends on the weather

#11815 3 years ago

I bought some NAT calls this morning. The stuck tanker was promptly freed

#11816 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image]

I'm surprised she has some established/profitable names on that list...not just high flying tech start ups. This fund's lineup looks pretty good.
She's moving up, from small caps to mid and large cap names. This is a smart move in an inflationary environment

#11817 3 years ago

UEC went on sale today - picked up another 3500 shares

#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Is UEC a swing trade or longer term hold for you?

#11819 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Is UEC a swing trade or longer term hold for you?

Longer term - but if it gets ahead of itself, I will cut the holding or sell all. US uranium stockpile is a ten year plan.

#11820 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

What makes you say it's on sale?
Price to book is about 3 times what it was last year and the company doesn't make any money.
Besides pure momentum, what metric are you valuing it on?
Educate me on what I am missing

#11821 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What makes you say it's on sale?
Price to book is about 3 times what it was last year and the company doesn't make any money.
Besides pure momentum, what metric are you valuing it on?
Educate me on what I am missing

Low supply in pipeline - most mines closed due to a 10 year bear market, paying down debt, buying uranium at spot and stockpiling because it is cheaper than mining it. US govt to buy uranium over the next 10 years to build a stockpile of us mined material - 75 million allocated first year. more nuclear plants being built and planned each year - green cannot be sustained by wind or solar which will put inventory in shortage. They are positioned to gear up mining at a spot of $45 which is lower than most. Once long term contracts start renewing, buyers are going to (hopefully) start some fierce competition when they realize how low the supply is now that the surplus has been used over the last 10 years.

Just on sale because it is down 8% today.

#11822 3 years ago

So what will the market bring today,
Mac and Pltr has been on sale ....

#11823 3 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

So what will the market bring today,
Mac and Pltr has been on sale ....

still seems like there is downward momentum on both of those

#11824 3 years ago

ARKX ETF, Cathie Wood's space exploration ETF launches today. I am buying in at open.

#11825 3 years ago

Gold and silver are down big again so not a good sign for the market

#11826 3 years ago

I’ve pretty much had my fill on all these sales. My portfolio is starting to look like a bad version of a monty python skit.

#11827 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’ve pretty much had my fill on all these sales. My portfolio is starting to look like a bad version of a monty python skit.

Agree, I am waiting for better sales before I get back into any good stocks.

#11828 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

ARKX ETF, Cathie Wood's space exploration ETF launches today. I am buying in at open.

If you wait a bit after the open you can probably get it cheaper. Good luck!

#11829 3 years ago

Old wise man says - A drop in price doesn't always mean it's on sale

#11830 3 years ago

still seems like there is downward momentum on both of those

PLTR may see sub 20...maybe then you could pull trigger

#11831 3 years ago

Red day, time to buy gme? Seems like how it sometimes goes. Still with mostly cash, only 15% invested.

#11832 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Quoted from DBLM:

Too late... in at 20.44.

#11833 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Doing this for all future IPO’s

#11834 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Red day, time to buy gme? Seems like how it sometimes goes. Still with mostly cash, only 15% invested.

Note, I don't actually recommend buying gme at these levels.

#11835 3 years ago

TME is back on the move today, up another 6% this morning... although the day is still young.

#11836 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Note, I don't actually recommend buying gme at these levels.

It is still on sale to me but I'm out of cash. Only a matter of time before it sky rockets in my opinion

#11837 3 years ago

Not sure why they repriced riot based on last sale when I have less shares now vs earlier this month when I sold. Oh well still up a decent amount today overall. 20K n growing!! Now at 27.5K

B7F857C3-CECA-424D-A605-39022F92E06B (resized).jpegB7F857C3-CECA-424D-A605-39022F92E06B (resized).jpegBA51CA79-6EBD-412A-B882-DB0B3533E162 (resized).jpegBA51CA79-6EBD-412A-B882-DB0B3533E162 (resized).jpeg

#11838 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

ARKX isn't an IPO, it's an ETF

#11839 3 years ago

AAPL is proving to be a ss (Shit Stock) at the moment with all of their press releases not helping the share price lately. But go ahead and keep buying while it's "on sale" and hold for ten years.

Some of us don't want to wait even ten months for a windfall...

I have no issue with short term gain tax rates as I like six to eight baggers.

#11840 3 years ago

Hopefully my message above will trigger a fifteen point increase in the share price....

#11841 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It did follow the pattern of dropping 6% after the first opening minutes though, I bought it at $20.33.

#11842 3 years ago

31K ...keep climbing!! And yes buy MARA RIOT n hodl. If both retest recent all time highs that’s a 105K profit! Now this is a stimulus package worth receiving!

#11843 3 years ago

Investing for a short term windfall is a good way to loose money in the long term
I bought AAPL in 2013 and have a 750% return and that doesn't include dividend payments - patience has paid well for me
The instantaneous reward mindset of today's investors will not end well for them when this market turns and drops 20%

#11844 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yeah, I know. But with the market the way it was this morning I was recommending not to rush into right at the opening and that you could probably get it cheaper waiting 30 mins or so.

#11845 3 years ago

LULU earnings after the bell today. I am expecting a good print but we will see what that does for the price. People are looking at LULU as a big reopening play. Dropped from the 380s to where it is now pretty quickly, like everything else.

#11846 3 years ago

Just a funny story from yesterday. About a year ago I threw $300 or so at some pink sheet stock just for fun. As of the other day, the stock was worth about $26. They did a 75 to 1 reverse split and I opened my Ameritrade account last night to find out that they charged me a $38 "mandatory reorganization fee" for my $26 of stock.

I called and bitched. They are supposed to refund me the $38.

#11847 3 years ago

Investing for a short term windfall is a good way to loose money in the long term
I bought AAPL in 2013 and have a 750% return and that doesn't include dividend payments - patience has paid well for me
The instantaneous reward mindset of today's investors will not end well for them when this market turns and drops 20%

I'm also ahead on long term investments including Rockwell Automation, Boeing and some utilities. I agree that there is money to be made or lost short term as well.....

#11848 3 years ago

surprised to see GRWG up today bucking the trend

#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm also ahead on long term investments including Rockwell Automation, Boeing and some utilities. I agree that there is money to be made or lost short term as well.....

Nice....don't forget Caterpillar with the omnibus infrastructure bill coming, I'm also going to go in big on the industrials and manufacturers. Honeywell, 3M etc. I even picked up some cruise stocks...They will inevitably pop when the moratorium on cruising is lifted.

#11850 3 years ago

Anybody going to ride the lightning and buy LULU before earnings tonight? It looks like the numbers are good. I personally have a ton of LULU so am not, but it could be interesting. Not financial advice, yada yada yada.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/237?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.