Screenshot_20211121-200041_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211121-195555_Firefox.jpg
PYPL (resized).png
aapl (resized).JPG
71486E6D-8531-47B0-833F-09710FBCA777.jpeg
D6674FF7-12B7-475E-BC24-3B319DD0F143 (resized).jpeg
FAD9FD05-E64B-43D4-BC07-4217265A5BF6 (resized).jpeg
712D33A8-0DFC-4817-831B-48F5179D13A7 (resized).png

There are 15,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 313.
#11651 8 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

How you holding up as of late? Still keeping the faith?

Wow! I hadn’t looked at PSTH in a while

#11652 8 months ago

Bought some DOCU, I've been waiting on it to go below 200.

#11653 8 months ago

All my hyper growth is getting hammered

#11654 8 months ago

Definitely that moment where you feel like everything you bought was at the top. :/

It's fine, aside from a few, the bulk of it is long term...

#11655 8 months ago

Everything getting hit pretty hard. I'll be watching the SPY to see if it dips below support levels. If it does, I'm going to load up the kid's 529s on a reversal.

pasted_image (resized).png
#11656 8 months ago

It's another bloodbath day. Ouch!

#11657 8 months ago

That weird moment when you are sitting there with a bunch of free cash, looking at a sea of red, and have no idea what will jump up tomorrow.

#11658 8 months ago

It's not really all that bad....sorry but it could get worse. I bought Hilton and then pulled up the chart and realized it's higher now than pre-covid. How is that even possible? I dumped it the today in the AM, same with Delta. Prices are insane

#11659 8 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That weird moment when you are sitting there with a bunch of free cash, looking at a sea of red, and have no idea what will jump up tomorrow.

or IF it will jump up tomorrow

#11660 8 months ago

Yep, the reality is we haven't even seen close to a crash.

#11661 8 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

Anyone investing for monthly dividends?
I'm looking to start picking up some shares of QYLD

Big fan of QYLD I’ve been very happy with it.

#11662 8 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

You are the king of holding cash! Wish I had your patience....

#11663 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:It's not really all that bad....sorry but it could get worse. I bought Hilton and then pulled up the chart and realized it's higher now than pre-covid. How is that even possible? I dumped it the today in the AM, same with Delta. Prices are insane

same with MGM

#11664 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's not really all that bad....sorry but it could get worse. I bought Hilton and then pulled up the chart and realized it's higher now than pre-covid. How is that even possible? I dumped it the today in the AM, same with Delta. Prices are insane

Livenation (LYV) owns several music venues that have sat dormant for an entire year. They weren't profitable before the pandemic. Best case scenario is that they'll be able to operate at full capacity for part of this year. They're trading 15% above their all-time high.

#11665 8 months ago

So what’s tomorrow bring??

#11666 8 months ago

GREEN!!!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

#11667 8 months ago

Tomorrow sans some surprise news will be an up day. The Hedge guys are busy recalibrating their portfolios, selective buying I guess. But NASDAQ will probably see more pain in the coming week or so. I'm holding plenty QQQ myself, so I'm not happy.

#11668 8 months ago

Probably more tanking but more buying opportunities for me.

#11669 8 months ago

Big up on the open then down, up, down, flat, up and then down into close

#11670 8 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Probably more tanking but more buying opportunities for me.

I am buying all the way to the bottom baby. DKNG needs to keep tanking.

#11671 8 months ago

I have dug out my Ouija board and have cracked open a Boss Hog III to commune with our spirit animal for guidance. Will let you know what he tells me.

4167C4F7-2E56-4D74-871A-1170C437EDF3 (resized).jpeg
#11672 8 months ago

“Futures open lower in anticipation of Powell and Yellen’s third day of hearings”

#11673 8 months ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have dug out my Ouija board and have cracked open a Boss Hog III to commune with our spirit animal for guidance. Will let you know what he tells me.
[quoted image]

Could you also check on Ice’s whereabouts?

#11674 8 months ago

Anyone ever grab a leveraged ETF on the way back up?

#11675 8 months ago

I view Leveraged etfs like I do naked options.

Don’t.

#11676 8 months ago

Pain in my best Mr. T Voice

#11677 8 months ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I was buying NCLH and CCL over the last few days on the way down. Bouncing back nicely today. Anyone else grab some?

It dropped dramatically today?

#11678 8 months ago

It was doing great, until it wasn't. Both of them dropped off a cliff at the same time. Look at the chart for the day.

Quoted from robertmee:

#11679 8 months ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

It was doing great, until it wasn't. Both of them dropped off a cliff at the same time. Look at the chart for the day.

I picked a hell of a week to start selling cash secured puts.

#11680 8 months ago

I expected Market rises to be a no brainer post- stimulus.
It is concerning that is not the reality.

#11681 8 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

I picked a hell of a week to start selling cash secured puts.

3190A173-A173-40AF-90D3-428546E43A0B (resized).png
#11682 8 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

My wife's business did record sales this month - and most of it last week. Stimulus definitely was the catalyst.

#11683 8 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I view Leveraged etfs like I do naked options.
Don’t.

Also if you do research long term gain is not a whole lot better than regular ETFs, but on the way down it's much worse.

#11684 8 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

CDC extended the ban on cruises...till Nov IIRC

#11685 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also if you do research long term gain is not a whole lot better than regular ETFs, but on the way down it's much worse.

No one should be holding leveraged etf's long term...they are day/swing trades.

#11686 8 months ago
Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

All the fomo bitcoin buyers feel this also

#11688 8 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Livenation (LYV) owns several music venues that have sat dormant for an entire year. They weren't profitable before the pandemic. Best case scenario is that they'll be able to operate at full capacity for part of this year. They're trading 15% above their all-time high.

Company has a lot going for it, they don't just own music venues they also own Ticketmaster

#11689 8 months ago

I subscribe to JD Henning’s Value and Monetum service on Seeking Alpha. Here are his end of day momentum gauges which cover the whole market of 7500 stocks - one current and one he shared from 2019-through March 2020. Probably good to wait to buy the dip on growth stocks until a new floor is established. Do light / selective trading only. As if now this market sucks. Will see if it turns.
All just FYI.

B1DD8A91-D9AC-48F1-A988-E5766D99E23C (resized).jpegEB8299E1-B584-484F-BE7E-7C05083B9AE0 (resized).jpeg
#11690 8 months ago

Whelp... down big on CCIV again. Going to hold the bags on this one a while it seems.

#11691 8 months ago

We will all be holding the bag....lol.

#11692 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

CDC extended the ban on cruises...till Nov IIRC

I would have to think that the more people buy into getting the vaccines the sooner the cruise line industry can flourish again.

#11693 8 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

When they changed the cutoff dramatically as to who qualified for a stimulus, that also changed any expectation that the market might rise from the stimulus. They cut out the 12 million adults that were the most likely mindset/position to put some of it into the market.

#11694 8 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would have to think that the more people buy into getting the vaccines the sooner the cruise line industry can flourish again.

CCIV is the SPAC for Lucid autos, an electric car company.

#11695 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

CCIV is the SPAC for Lucid autos, an electric car company.

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about cruise line companies and your stock was Carnival Cruise Lines.

One thing about this thread, it sure jumps around from stock sector to stock sector and so much of it is high risk.
There are a lot of big name lower risk stocks that have buying opportunities that could yield 15 to 100% within a year or two that don't get talked about on this thread because everyone is trying to make 3 times their investment on every trade within a year.

#11696 8 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes...I'm not that big of a gambler. I need to see how much debt they took on before I jump into cruise lines...I think the easy and safe money is in energy...XLE, XOM or CVX.
BTW, I never would have thought the market would be down this much after yesterday...certainty the mood has changed. And it is only mood because the fundamentals are still exactly as last week or the week before that...so this is just a head fake for the S&P for the most part. On the Nasdaq it's anyone's guess.

#11697 8 months ago

Is PLTR on sale yet or wait a bit longer to see where this market is going?

#11698 8 months ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Is PLTR on sale yet or wait a bit longer to see where this market is going?

define "on sale"

#11699 8 months ago

On Sale - a good time to buy bc its about at its bottom and only going to go back up bc i bought it at the precise time for the first time ever in my entire trading life.

#11700 8 months ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

On Sale - a good time to buy bc its about at its bottom and only going to go back up bc i bought it at the precise time for the first time ever in my entire trading life.

can't imagine anyone can chime in and say it's at it's bottom
2 months ago it was almost $40
4 months ago it was a $10 stock

There are 15,604 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 313.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside