Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 421.
#11551 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Isn’t The Nasdaq application good news though? Why are you so glad you sold?

Sarcastic. Meaning I missed out on another 5 cents plus might have to re enter higher in case I miss out on real action.

Thought I was smart taking my 8 cents profit lol

#11552 3 years ago

Bought mgm at 39 so look for it to drop this week

#11553 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sarcastic. Meaning I missed out on another 5 cents plus might have to re enter higher in case I miss out on real action.
Thought I was smart taking my 8 cents profit lol

#11554 3 years ago

I bought GNOG today. LFG!

#11555 3 years ago

Anyone lucky or smart enough to buy TKAT last week and ride the wave up 900%?

#11556 3 years ago

Tesla to $4,000 huh thats a PE of 6,431 can I have a glass of whatever shes drinken

53204AB2-F6EB-4302-9958-C69096DD3E4C (resized).jpeg53204AB2-F6EB-4302-9958-C69096DD3E4C (resized).jpeg
#11557 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Anyone lucky or smart enough to buy TKAT last week and ride the wave up 900%?

NFT : non-fungible tokens

sounds like more 'blue sky' created out of induced scarcity. things are getting pretty ridiculous out there. someone is going to have to start another thread to discuss this since pinside loves its art, collectibles, music, and video games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token

The American digital artist Beeple's work Everydays: The First 5000 Days was the first NFT of an artwork to be listed at prominent auction house Christie's and sold for 69.3 million USD on 11 March 2021. The day before the auction, Beeple said, "I actually do think there will be a bubble, to be quite honest. And I think we could be in that bubble right now."

#11558 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

NFT : non-fungible tokens

I'm struggling with the value of NFTs right now... most are very limited market unless they are applied in the right way because they are all unique one-offs. For example, how many NFT's can an artist like Beeple sell? Is it as many pieces of art as he can produce (the $69 million sale took years to make), or are we talking all the possible digital variants of his art, which is nearly infinite? I think that's what the market is trying to figure out.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Tesla to $4,000 huh thats a PE of 6,431 can I have a glass of whatever shes drinken
[quoted image]

Yea, but it is TESLA stock.

#11560 3 years ago

Anybody having issues logging in on the Ameritrade app? Not think or swim, the other one.

#11561 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Anybody having issues logging in on the Ameritrade app? Not think or swim, the other one.

Not me...logged in from phone and desktop today, no issues.

#11562 3 years ago

GME earnings and investor call today after market closes. I'm ready to be rich!

#11563 3 years ago

Hope everyone has been staying clear of SNDL. Their management needs to be taken out to the woodshed. They once again announced a further dilution plan of adding 800 million dollars worth of stock to raise capital. This is after they've added 1.2 BILLION shares in the past 5 months. These jokers are nothing but money grabbers. Expect this stock to tank to 30c, IMO.

#11564 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

We’ll see. The CAGR on these MJ plays is ridiculous. I’ve been long for some time now.

HEXO down into the 6's now. A little lower, I'm thinking of buying in. Are you still positive on the long term?

#11565 3 years ago

powell and yellen to give congressional testimony today and tommorow related to pandemic reponse and economic security act. first in about 30 mins, 12PMET tuesday. also 10AMET wednesday.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/2021-march.htm

https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=407279

#11566 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

powell and yellen to give congressional testimony today and tommorow related to pandemic reponse and economic security act. first in about 30 mins, 12PMET tuesday. also 10AMET wednesday.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/2021-march.htm
https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=407279

I’m so tired of these clowns

#11567 3 years ago

any time these clowns open their mouths
is a potential waterfall moment.

#11568 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

any time these clowns open their mouths
is a potential waterfall moment.

Exactly

#11569 3 years ago

Now we can add another catalyst for a big corrections, so we've had inflation, unwarranted high valuation and now the looming tax increase on capital gains.

#11570 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hope everyone has been staying clear of SNDL. Their management needs to be taken out to the woodshed. They once again announced a further dilution plan of adding 800 million dollars worth of stock to raise capital. This is after they've added 1.2 BILLION shares in the past 5 months. These jokers are nothing but money grabbers. Expect this stock to tank to 30c, IMO.

While bad for investors short term, it seems smart to take advantage of being a MEME stock to make more shares available to raise cash to grow the business faster. AMC has been doing this too, I was surprised Gamestop didn't.

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m buying more

I wish I had bought more HITIF when you did. I set up a buy if the price dropped a few cents, but of course, it's continued to go up. At this point, I feel like it's not going back down until either after 4/20 or it maybe doesn't get added to the Nasdaq.

#11572 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While bad for investors short term, it seems smart to take advantage of being a MEME stock to make more shares available to raise cash to grow the business faster. AMC has been doing this too, I was surprised Gamestop didn't.

If gamestop issued more shares they would have pissed off all the retail investors buying. The reason it's a meme stocks is because the float is extremely low. This makes the squeeze more likely due to the heavy level it was shorted. If they doubled the float everyone would have sold off and gamestop would be screwed

#11573 3 years ago

Holding all cash, don't trust Suncor/oil right now. Avoided about 60% of the last week's drop by NOT just sitting and holding the stock. Not sure how far it can go down now, just really playing it by ear now. I am hoping it drops to between 18-19 dollars USD(22.5-24CAD) so I can amass 50% more shares than I had before in total. I'll just keep a close watch on the news. Obviously there is a chance it shoots up from here if oil comes roaring back.

#11574 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wish I had bought more HITIF when you did. I set up a buy if the price dropped a few cents, but of course, it's continued to go up. At this point, I feel like it's not going back down until either after 4/2or it maybe doesn't get added to the Nasdaq.

Yeah me too. I rebought at 70 cents today so lost 5 cents by selling. Gonna do one or two more buys then just hold. Profitable company, room to grow, 420 coming up and then obviously nasdaq listing.

Sounds like a winner to me so hopefully my 5 cent loss will seem like nothing in a month or two.

#11575 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wish I had bought more HITIF when you did. I set up a buy if the price dropped a few cents, but of course, it's continued to go up. At this point, I feel like it's not going back down until either after 4/20 or it maybe doesn't get added to the Nasdaq.

I really don’t think it’s too late for you to buy more! I got 2K more shares today. LFG!

#11576 3 years ago

It’s been a quiet past 2 days in this thread! DBLM and BMore-Pinball where ya at!?

#11577 3 years ago

Silver is getting hammered - I imagine it is the bullion banks working to cover their shorts since there continues to be a huge shortage of physical available.

#11578 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It’s been a quiet past 2 days in this thread! DBLM and BMore-Pinball where ya at!?

Just been reading, haven't had much to post about

#11579 3 years ago

Bought some more PINS and PLTR today. I am ready for bumpy ride but plan on continuing to add to these, DKNG and AAPL going forward.

#11580 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Bought some more PINS and PLTR today. I am ready for bumpy ride but plan on continuing to add to these, DKNG and AAPL going forward.

Initiated PLTR myself and am ready to buy more PINs here soon. AI is starting to pique my interest too.

#11581 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just been reading, haven't had much to post about

I hear ya brother! Thanks!

#11582 3 years ago

I averaged down on pltr today too. That’s it though. Need to go back to 26 to break even then not sure what to do with it. Probably sell half.

#11583 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Now we can add another catalyst for a big corrections, so we've had inflation, unwarranted high valuation and now the looming tax increase on capital gains.

Fortunately will be only if you make north of $1M.

Not sure what effect this will have on the stock market. If some wanted to lock in lower long term gains they can re buy the stocks to reset their cost basis.

#11584 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

If gamestop issued more shares they would have pissed off all the retail investors buying. The reason it's a meme stocks is because the float is extremely low. This makes the squeeze more likely due to the heavy level it was shorted. If they doubled the float everyone would have sold off and gamestop would be screwed

“GameStop also acknowledged in a filing that it was considering selling additional equity shares.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/gamestop-shares-rise-on-e-commerce-sales-jump-new-coo.html?&qsearchterm=gamestop

#11585 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry brother. Was out drinking with my boss’s boss. My stocks are not doing great but I am not even worried a little.

Go drink a few Painkillers and you won’t worry about the market. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/279554/painkiller/

#11586 3 years ago

It amazes me that there are people on wsb that act like hitting 300+ more than once isn't already an amazimg accomplishment(which it was), but that it's "barely the start of it".

Please sell if it ever gets back there. Or don't, I'm not your Dad.

#11587 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

“GameStop also acknowledged in a filing that it was considering selling additional equity shares.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/gamestop-shares-rise-on-e-commerce-sales-jump-new-coo.html?&qsearchterm=gamestop

Of course they did. Most companies do this in case they need cash. They did this in December before the price increase. Cnbc had been trying to tank gme for months.

bear_stearns_chart (resized).jpgbear_stearns_chart (resized).jpg
#11588 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

It amazes me that there are people on wsb that act like hitting 300+ more than once isn't already an amazimg accomplishment(which it was), but that it's "barely the start of it".
Please sell if it ever gets back there. Or don't, I'm not your Dad.

Yea I didnt realize this was still a thing? I kept my 5 shares just to stay interested until it got close to my purchase price and figured I'd minimize the loss a few weeks ago.

#11589 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Silver is getting hammered - I imagine it is the bullion banks working to cover their shorts since there continues to be a huge shortage of physical available.

Yes, low price, limited availability.
The real price settles with the Sellers, currently too high without inventory.

#11590 3 years ago

Here’s to hoping for the return of iceman44

When he wasn’t drinking, I enjoyed reading his opinions on things, especially in this thread.

#11591 3 years ago

Wait... what happened?

#11592 3 years ago

Oh wtf, ice deactivated his account.

Hope all is well iceman.

Looking forward to your return, we will all buy some pins in your absence

#11593 3 years ago

My guess is we've got ourselves a Toby Keith scenario, if he takes up boozing again maybe we can win him back.

toby-keith (resized).jpgtoby-keith (resized).jpg
#11594 3 years ago

Hope all is well iceman.
Looking forward to your return, we will all buy some pins in your absence

Well fuck well I wish he would have started his own investing thread as he proclaimed. Maybe he got burned out from the trading rather than investing talk. Well I hope he returns, I would hate to have to call him at his office for advice

#11595 3 years ago

ill never forget this advice, courtesy of art cashin.

"the market is like boiling an egg, timing is everything."

artcashin01 (resized).jpgartcashin01 (resized).jpg

and dont forget his last name, either.
its cash-in for good reason.

#11596 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Here’s to hoping for the return of iceman44
When he wasn’t drinking, I enjoyed reading his opinions on things, especially in this thread.

Wow! Had no idea. We traded PM’s this weekend. Hope all is ok and that he comes back soon.

#11597 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Fortunately will be only if you make north of $1M.

Sure it is

#11598 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Well fuck well I wish he would have started his own investing thread as he proclaimed. Maybe he got burned out from the trading rather than investing talk. Well I hope he returns, I would hate to have to call him at his office for advice

Doubt it had anything to do with this thread. He got moderated 3 days ago for an argument in the Deeproot thread. That was probably the catalyst.

#11599 3 years ago

Wasn't he also headed to Vegas this week to party it up with his dad?

Quoted from robertmee:

Doubt it had anything to do with this thread. He got moderated 3 days ago for an argument in the Deeproot thread. That was probably the catalyst.

#11600 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Wasn't he also headed to Vegas this week to party it up with his dad?

I think you are right. Shouldn’t impact him deactivating his account. I am sure he will pop back up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.