200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 420.
#11401 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

As much as the Fed is trying to sugarcoat, the Treasury yield is telling the real truth, and techs are going to pay the price I'm afraid.

Both tech and metals get hit

Uranium is immune so far glad I bought more yesterday

#11402 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It looks like it's going to get ugly today

#11403 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I got hammered on the one Uranium stock I dabbled in. I think I picked the only one worthless. DNN

#11404 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I got hammered on the one Uranium stock I dabbled in. I think I picked the only one worthless. DNN

I have urnm, epd, and urccf all doing well so far

#11405 3 years ago

How many more "sale prices" can we expect on AAPL and PINS?

#11406 3 years ago

Bought more TDOC

#11407 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I have urnm, epd, and urccf all doing well so far

I bought some calls on DNN a month ago, but the price stayed stagnant. Lots of decent press, but it just sits there at $1.18. With Japan going all in nuke, I thought for sure it would spike. But nothing. I'm almost tempted to plunge in straight shares, but it's so flat, I dunno.

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The recent spike looks very unnatural, almost as if they're doing some massive inflation hedge.

I'm not seeing this gold "spike" you guys are talking about. Just take a look at the chart for the last few months. I don't see anything abnormal. I do think it needs to do a lot more "spiking" up....

#11409 3 years ago

Good news the tax date has been extended to May 17

#11410 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How many more "sale prices" can we expect on AAPL and PINS?

42. The answer is 42.

#11411 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I'm not seeing this gold "spike" you guys are talking about. Just take a look at the chart for the last few months. I don't see anything abnormal. I do think it needs to do a lot more "spiking" up....

It does I was just surprised to see it yesterday. I'm taking the risky bet that the bullion banks are closing their shorts and will manipulate the price upward

#11412 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I bought some calls on DNN a month ago, but the price stayed stagnant. Lots of decent press, but it just sits there at $1.18. With Japan going all in nuke, I thought for sure it would spike. But nothing. I'm almost tempted to plunge in straight shares, but it's so flat, I dunno.

I'm in the camp this will be a bull market for uranium as we go green. No way you can do it with wind and solar without battery banks that would have to be impossibly huge. China is leading the charge building reactors and buying mines and refiners so they don't have to import fuel. Us has the 10 year plan to stockpile fuel from us miners. That's were epd fits in. They just made deals to buy material at spot which is cheaper than mining, payed down debt, and are prospecting in anticipation of us reserves. Only bad thing is they are diluting shares to pay for this.

#11413 3 years ago

Decided to back out of suncor on 4% drop in oil prices, will take a wait and see for now, holding mainly cash for now.

#11414 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Decided to back out of suncor on 4% drop in oil prices, will take a wait and see for now, holding mainly cash for now.

I think oil prices will rise.. Seems like this is the new norm when the US has cut it's pipelines.

#11415 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I think oil prices will rise.. Seems like this is the new norm when the US has cut it's pipelines.

I don't doubt it will rise again, having said that there are some other fundamental issues like too much supply right now and increased taxes. I will probably buy back in in the short term just trying to protect my profits as I have been holding awhile and don't have the free cash to buy dips without selling.

#11416 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yeah..it's nothing that pronounced but it did break the recent trend the other pinsider was talking about.

gold (resized).jpggold (resized).jpg
#11417 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think it is going higher and have my money where my mouth is with 7,500 or so shares. I am personally looking 20-22. Considering Saber runs all of the booking systems for everything, they are going to be an early beneficiary of the reopening trade. Wish I found it sooner and bought even more when I started buying at 11.

How high do you think GNOG will go? Ballpark....

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Boy did I call that...back down to 2.80's pre-market.

Do you think it will go back up? Are you still in? Thinking of getting some

#11419 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think you will see it get back up in the 26-27 range. They just added VA the other day, which was good.

#11420 3 years ago

I sold mine the other day when it crested $19.00
Just bought back in a little bit.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

#11421 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

42. The answer is 42.

Well then, no sense buying now. May be best to dump what I have and buy on the 42nd sale price....

#11422 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Well then, no sense buying now. May be best to dump what I have and buy on the 42nd sale price....

Sell calls against your position. I bought 500 Apple 2-3 weeks ago. I've been selling calls on the pops and buying them back on the drops. My shares are down about $5000, but I've banked $4850 in gains on the calls so it's like I lowered my basis $10/share.

#11423 3 years ago

for the call guys - if you buy ogi for $4 right now you can sell the jan 2022 $12 call for $1

i like that premium - so you buy 5000 shares and spend 20k - sell the calls and get 5k back - then use that 5k to buy more shares / or just pocket it - thanks ed

#11424 3 years ago
Quoted from Mickpat:Does anyone know anything about IPOE?

poking around on this also at these levels

#11425 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

for the call guys - if you buy ogi for $4 right now you can sell the jan 2022 $12 call for $1
i like that premium - so you buy 5000 shares and spend 20k - sell the calls and get 5k back - then use that 5k to buy more shares / or just pocket it - thanks ed

I like your input. Are you just browsing for these, or have something sniffing them out?

#11426 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

How about this: write the Jan 2023 $2.50 calls for $2.70. You cost basis goes down to $1.30 (shares are trading at around $4) and you make 92% ($1.20/$1.30) on your money in 22 months if shares trade about $2.50 at expiry. You only lose money if shares drop below $1.30 from the current $4. Another way to play it.

#11427 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think you will see it get back up in the 26-27 range. They just added VA the other day, which was good.

I sold $22 calls, so as long as it's past April 19th

#11428 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How about this: write the Jan 2023 $2.50 calls for $2.70. You cost basis goes down to $1.30 (shares are trading at around $4) and you make 92% ($1.20/$1.30) on your money in 22 months if shares trade about $2.50 at expiry. You only lose money if shares drop below $1.30 from the current $4. Another way to play it.

If you do that, doesn't that tie up your money for two years? I assume on covered calls you can't sell the stock.

#11429 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

Except OGI was trading for less than $2 historically just a month ago.

#11430 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Sell calls against your position. I bought 500 Apple 2-3 weeks ago. I've been selling calls on the pops and buying them back on the drops. My shares are down about $5000, but I've banked $4850 in gains on the calls so it's like I lowered my basis $10/share.

After getting burned big-time on Options in the '80's, I vowed never again.

#11431 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

i like this also - but i also look for premiums where you can make a lot also (92% is awesome though) - lets say in jan 2022 the stock trades at 15 per share - well your calls are taken at 12 - so you get 60k plus the 5k you already got - so for 20k you get back 65k - very nice scenario - i never get upset when my call options are actually exercised because it means the stock went way up.

i like your numbers also - i just like the big upside gamble of hoping the stock trades at 12 or more - in reality the best case scenario is in jan it closes at 11.99 on option friday

when you look at options like this it makes you wonder why people even have money markets at low returns

thanks ed

#11432 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i like this also - but i also look for premiums where you can make a lot also (92% is awesome though) - lets say in jan 2022 the stock trades at 15 per share - well your calls are taken at 12 - so you get 60k plus the 5k you already got - so for 20k you get back 65k - very nice scenario - i never get upset when my call options are actually exercised because it means the stock went way up.
i like your numbers also - i just like the big upside gamble of hoping the stock trades at 12 or more - in reality the best case scenario is in jan it closes at 11.99 on option friday
when you look at options like this it makes you wonder why people even have money markets at low returns
thanks ed

Because unlike money markets, the risk is that OGI returns to its historical price of less than $2 a share. It's not guaranteed money.

#11433 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Except OGI was trading for less than $2 historically just a month ago.

so true as i bought it for $1.70 a few months ago - sold the $2.50 options and got decent money - i lost those shares at $2.50 and it was trading a lot higher - but i still had a great return.

I like the stock long term because of the industry, so i like my gamble - but yes it can be trading at $2 next jan - in that case i just lost 5k on a 20k investment.

to those asking about how you now have to hold it until jan 2022 - if you want out you can buy your calls back at anytime for the current market price on those calls

thanks ed

#11434 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

so true as i bought it for $1.70 a few months ago - sold the $2.50 options and got decent money - i lost those shares at $2.50 and it was trading a lot higher - but i still had a great return.
I like the stock long term because of the industry, so i like my gamble - but yes it can be trading at $2 next jan - in that case i just lost 5k on a 20k investment.
to those asking about how you now have to hold it until jan 2022 - if you want out you can buy your calls back at anytime for the current market price on those calls
thanks ed

BTW, wasn't knocking your play. I like it, as I do think that sector will increase. Not sure what platform you use, but how does buying back your calls work? For example, when I sell covered calls (Sell to Open) on TD, it shows up as an asset in my portfolio as a negative value. If the Call price goes down, the negative value decreases, showing me a gain. So would i do a "Buy to Close" of that asset, and generally pocket the 'gain' minus the commissions? Does that mean that contract goes away and I'm free to do what I want with the underlying stock?

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

BTW, wasn't knocking your play. I like it, as I do think that sector will increase. Not sure what platform you use, but how does buying back your calls work? For example, when I sell covered calls (Sell to Open) on TD, it shows up as an asset in my portfolio as a negative value. If the Call price goes down, the negative value decreases, showing me a gain. So would i do a "Buy to Close" of that asset, and generally pocket the 'gain' minus the commissions? Does that mean that contract goes away and I'm free to do what I want with the underlying stock?

yes once you buy to close you are back to just owning the stock and can do whatever you want - thanks ed

#11436 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

If you do that, doesn't that tie up your money for two years? I assume on covered calls you can't sell the stock.

It ties up $1.30 a share but the potential to make 92% on your money if the shares are $1.50 lower than the current price. Most people look at making a decent return if the price was to go up. Here you make a very good return with a future share price lower than today's market price. You can do this with most company's shares, just the return won't be as great.

#11437 3 years ago

Go AMC!! I never dumped any shares during the Reddit fiasco. I held all of my shares.

#11438 3 years ago

all red now. bummer day

#11439 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can do this with most company's shares, just the return won't be as great.

Here is another real example with the thread's favourite stock, PINS

Buy Jan 2023 $40 call for $40.00 and you sell the $70 Jan 2023 call for $24.35. So you don't worry about the stock going up from the current levels. If stock stays above $70 by Jan 2023, you make $14.35 a share or 91.6%. I don't think anyone is going to complain about making 91% in 22 months. Best thing is, your breakeven on the trade is at a share price of $55.65. So you have a lot of downside protection based on the current share price. You only lose your full $15.65 per share investment at a price below $40.

#11440 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

all red now. bummer day

With the 10 year bond yield kissing 1.75 its a miracle its not crashing.

#11441 3 years ago

Are we gonna open tomorrow's trading day with a " wish I would have bought XXX yesyerday"?

#11442 3 years ago

public service reminder.. steps up and the elevator down.

#11443 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Are we gonna open tomorrow's trading day with a " wish I would have bought XXX yesyerday"?

Exactly what I’m thinking right now too lol

Should I buy now cuz everything be green tomorrow or is there a chance it be red again and further on sale??

#11444 3 years ago

It’s just another day.

Earnings season is right around the corner. The headline news and focus will shift

If only we could fast forward a decade to get to see the 10x move upward in some of these stocks.

I’d rather enjoy life along the way though

If the daily volatility gets to you maybe you should just hand it over to Buffet and BRK.B?

Motley re recommended PINS again today in Rule breakers. Not for a two day trade though. RDFN, LULU

#11445 3 years ago

Have a game plan.

Pick your stocks you want to own

Pick a target to buy them. Hold long term and prosper!

Ignore the day traders. But most of you can’t.

What we really need here is an investing thread and a trading thread.

I’m sure the investing thread would be sparsely populated.

#11446 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Worked out trusting my gut there, now down 8 percent and falling. It's not feeling like the bottom.

#11447 3 years ago

Glad I didn't buy the dip...since it's going dippier.

Also, why is BTC following the market?

#11448 3 years ago

I'm buying now, 15 minutes to close.......just no tech stocks

#11449 3 years ago

ICE. love ya man, but not everything you buy is a long term hold either. It all applies, doesn't it? If you can turn a quick profit on the swings, that enables you to buy even more!

Quoted from iceman44:

Have a game plan.
Pick your stocks you want to own
Pick a target to buy them. Hold long term and prosper!
Ignore the day traders. But most of you can’t.
What we really need here is an investing thread and a trading thread.
I’m sure the investing thread would be sparsely populated.

#11450 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:Worked out trusting my gut there, now down 8 percent and falling. It's not feeling like the bottom.

I bought mine at $15, sold the $20 calls for $3 a while back out to January. Probably regret it but happy with $23 a share or some down side protection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.