IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 421.
#11351 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

HEXO reports earnings Thurs AM before open. Should be a nice pop.

Almost everything I read expects 20% drop in price to 6ish post earnings. Its already on the way down having lost 3% in pre market. I think HEXO is a good long term hold, and if it dips to $6 I'm a buyer. Im just not as confident at this current price.

#11352 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Almost everything I read expects 20% drop in price to 6ish post earnings. Its already on the way down having lost 3% in pre market. I think HEXO is a good long term hold, and if it dips to $6 I'm a buyer. Im just not as confident at this current price.

We’ll see. The CAGR on these MJ plays is ridiculous. I’ve been long for some time now.

#11353 3 years ago

Buying more TDOC

#11355 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

We’ll see. The CAGR on these MJ plays is ridiculous. I’ve been long for some time now.

I wish I had got in at the $3 level....definitely a nice stock to be in. I'm just nervous jumping in pre earnings when everything recently seems to tank on ER, good or bad. Earnings is projected to be a loss, albeit a modest one compared to last quarter. Couple that with the 2pm fed report, im just going to have to bide my time. Good luck, I hope it skies!

#11356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Buying more TDOC

I bought 100 this morning too, and sold a covered call on it. I've only traded TDOC once before, a couple months back.

#11357 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Don't forget the current price is pre-reverse split. Unlike the other big players that haven't split from the 2019 highs. So really it is trading around $2ish right now pre-split. Think it was 4: 1.

#11358 3 years ago

Delete

#11359 3 years ago

Still think it's a smart buy after the downgrade and Amazon progress in this field?

Quoted from loneacer:

I bought 100 this morning too, and sold a covered call on it. I've only traded TDOC once before, a couple months back.

#11360 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Still think it's a smart buy after the downgrade and Amazon progress in this field?

I don't know that the Amazon news will affect them much. Personally I've never been a fan of TDOC and don't believe they'll have nearly this high of a valuation in the future, but I was buying it for a 1-2 week trade.

It's up $3 from where I bought it, but I expected a bigger bounce. I might close it before the Fed meeting results in 90 minutes.

#11361 3 years ago

Sold a couple april $75 AI puts for $6 each. Will get me in at about $69/share if I'm assigned, or up to $1200 profit if it's above $75 in a month.

#11362 3 years ago

Should have sold UEC in after market last night it was up huge. Today it is coming back to earth down 8.67% - Still up 40%+ in a week

Edit: just put in an order to double my position and buy on the dip.

#11363 3 years ago

Interesting - gold is suddenly spiking

#11364 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Everything is spiking after the fed report.

#11365 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Everything is spiking after the fed report.

No doubt - my screen just turned mostly green in a matter of minutes

#11366 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

No doubt - my screen just turned mostly green in a matter of minutes

Yep fairly dovish Fed release. Now it depends on what Powell says.

#11367 3 years ago

Barring any misconstrued statements in the press briefing coming up I can’t see how Powell can say anything other than they are sticking to the same plan

Huge uncertainly over rising oil prices this summer

The uncertainty over what the massive tax hike bill will look like in the fall and its impact on the economy.

Plus the fact that we are still at real unemployment of 10%!!!

#11368 3 years ago

Be interesting if he throws out anything about yield curve manipulation - that would be a bonus.

#11369 3 years ago

check out silver (the green line is today) - gold is pretty much the same.

silver (resized).pngsilver (resized).png

#11370 3 years ago

Some of my newer holdings
Cat up
GM up

I guess it’s hard to buy anything that doesn’t go up now.

#11371 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Be interesting if he throws out anything about yield curve manipulation - that would be a bonus.

So you prefer a tightly controlled Market VS a Free Market?

#11372 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So you prefer a tightly controlled Market VS a Free Market?

I prefer a run up in precious metals which should happen if they cap the yield

#11373 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

We all should be watching this.....now tell the younguns why would gold be going up....

#11374 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We all should be watching this.....now tell the younguns why would gold be going up....

Looks like a jump in “scarce assets” across the board.

#11375 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Gold has been on a big downward trend since it's peak last August 6th with occasional spikes up. It's larger trend is dropping and looks like it has a long way to fall still if you follow it's larger cycle. I bet it will continue to drop towards a bottom of around $1200 an ounce. I've never understood gold bugs, the market will make you so much more money, invest in miners, not gold itself.

#11376 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I prefer a run up in precious metals which should happen if they cap the yield

That will happen soon enough, better to keep prices lower to facilitate further stacking.
Unless you already have plenty you wish to liquidate.

#11377 3 years ago

I've been holding CNSP for a long while. It's gone crazy after market. Did I miss some news?

#11378 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've been holding CNSP for a long while. It's gone crazy after market. Did I miss some news?

I sold 175 shares at 2.80 like two hours ago. I am seriously the worst stock trader in history. I’m tapping out!!! Hahahaha. If I had waited a mere 60 minutes I would have been way better off. Uuuughhhh

#11379 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

That will happen soon enough, better to keep prices lower to facilitate further stacking.
Unless you already have plenty you wish to liquidate.

Metals I'll be keeping, miners I can sell

#11380 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I sold 175 shares at 2.80 like two hours ago. I am seriously the worst stock trader in history. I’m tapping out!!! Hahahaha. If I had waited a mere 60 minutes I would have been way better off. Uuuughhhh

I bought 3 ARK funds at exactly the top - they are still 14% down at this point. That is what I hate, a plunge right after you buy

#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That is usually my luck. Glad to hear I am not alone. lol

#11382 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I bought 3 ARK funds at exactly the top - they are still 14% down at this point. That is what I hate, a plunge right after you buy

I did too, but I kept buying them on the dips and now I'm back up

#11383 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I've got a 1000 shares. It'll probably drop 30% in pre-market tomorrow, so don't feel bad. Like I always say, any profit is good profit. Can't go chasing the top.

#11384 3 years ago

Really good analysis about SABR and 2 other travel stocks that just came out.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4414642-travel-recovery-stocks-set-to-soar

#11385 3 years ago

If you trust Morgan Stanley, they just downgraded SABR and put a $18 target on it.....

Quoted from DBLM:

Really good analysis about SABR and 2 other travel stocks that just came out.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4414642-travel-recovery-stocks-set-to-soar

#11386 3 years ago

I wondered the same thing. I sold mine @ $3.66/share. Last time it shot over $4.00/share I held on instead of cashing in. Wasn't making that mistake again. I can rebuy on the dip

Quoted from robertmee:

#11387 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

If you trust Morgan Stanley, they just downgraded SABR and put a $18 target on it.....

No need for “...”. You need to dig deeper. They downgraded to equal weight (which means it should not be and outsized portion of your portfolio)and raised the price target 4 bucks to 18. This is not a negative and is actually in line with things. I am bullish on it.

“With shares up more than 50% in the past three months, Morgan Stanley downgrades travel tech company Sabre (NASDAQ:SABR) from Overweight to Equal-Weight but adds $4 to the price target for $18.”

#11388 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

No need for “...”. You need to dig deeper. They downgraded to equal weight (which means it should not be and outsized portion of your portfolio)and raised the price target 4 bucks to 18. This is not a negative and is actually in line with things. I am bullish on it.
“With shares up more than 50% in the past three months, Morgan Stanley downgrades travel tech company Sabre (NASDAQ:SABR) from Overweight to Equal-Weight but adds $4 to the price target for $18.”

That's not much upside - only a buck per share from here.

#11389 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That's not much upside - only a buck per share from here.

I think it is going higher and have my money where my mouth is with 7,500 or so shares. I am personally looking 20-22. Considering Saber runs all of the booking systems for everything, they are going to be an early beneficiary of the reopening trade. Wish I found it sooner and bought even more when I started buying at 11.

#11390 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

7,500 or so shares

I want to be like you someday....

#11391 3 years ago

For those with lots of experience here, will the Dow or the S&P do better when things start going back to normal?

I got investments in a couple of Funds that invest in the Dow and the S&P respectively and wanted to move my money to the Fund that’s going to do better when things go back to normal.

#11392 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I want to be like you someday....

Hey @kornfreak28, you are doing fine. It's like Ice said the other day, the power of compounding is real. Just keep doing what you are doing and learn. You will be just fine.

Plus, I want to be like Ice when I grow up!

#11393 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey KornFreak28, you are doing fine. It's like Ice said the other day, the power of compounding is real. Just keep doing what you are doing and learn. You will be just fine.

Thanks for the encouraging words brother!

#11394 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:No need
100% AGREE! As long as your are proactive in creating wealth for yourself, you are much better off then a large percentage of the population. We all come from different walks of life, but we can change our futures by investing.

Hey KornFreak28, you are doing fine. It's like Ice said the other day, the power of compounding is real. Just keep doing what you are doing and learn. You will be just fine.

#11395 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Gold has been on a big downward trend since it's peak last August 6th with occasional spikes up. It's larger trend is dropping and looks like it has a long way to fall still if you follow it's larger cycle. I bet it will continue to drop towards a bottom of around $1200 an ounce. I've never understood gold bugs, the market will make you so much more money, invest in miners, not gold itself.

Yes, we can attribute the spike last year to covid, but even when you take the spike out of the chart and look at either 2 yr or 3 yr chart....it's been a steady rise. I don't trade it but I look at it because the whales use it as a hedge. The recent spike looks very unnatural, almost as if they're doing some massive inflation hedge.

#11396 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've got a 1000 shares. It'll probably drop 30% in pre-market tomorrow, so don't feel bad. Like I always say, any profit is good profit. Can't go chasing the top.

Boy did I call that...back down to 2.80's pre-market.

#11397 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Looks like decent earnings, stock up 10% pre-market.

Achieved positive adjusted EBITDA, along with the seventh consecutive quarter of adjusted EBITDA improvement.
Total net revenue increased to $32.8M, up 94% from the prior year quarter (“2Q20”) and 12% from the first quarter of fiscal 2021 ended October 31, 2021 (“1Q21”).
Non-beverage Canadian adult-use revenue increased by 72% from 2Q20
Adult-use net revenue increased by 10.5% in 2Q21, marking the fifth consecutive quarter of growth.
Maintained number one position for market share in Quebec while increasing adult-use net revenues in the rest of Canada to 49% of the Company’s sales composition, up from 44% in 1Q21.
Gross revenues for the UP Cannabis brand increased to $3.2M, representing 8% of total adult-use, non-beverage gross revenue in 2Q21 vs under 1% in 1Q21 due to the successful relaunch of the UP brand in late 1Q21.
Brand mix, including the UP Cannabis brand, boosted non-beverage adult-use gross margin to 37%, up from 36% in 1Q21.
Maintained the number one position in the beverage category with net revenue increasing 11% over 1Q21.

#11398 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks like decent earnings, stock up 10% pre-market.
Achieved positive adjusted EBITDA, along with the seventh consecutive quarter of adjusted EBITDA improvement.
Total net revenue increased to $32.8M, up 94% from the prior year quarter (“2Q20”) and 12% from the first quarter of fiscal 2021 ended October 31, 2021 (“1Q21”).
Non-beverage Canadian adult-use revenue increased by 72% from 2Q20
Adult-use net revenue increased by 10.5% in 2Q21, marking the fifth consecutive quarter of growth.
Maintained number one position for market share in Quebec while increasing adult-use net revenues in the rest of Canada to 49% of the Company’s sales composition, up from 44% in 1Q21.
Gross revenues for the UP Cannabis brand increased to $3.2M, representing 8% of total adult-use, non-beverage gross revenue in 2Q21 vs under 1% in 1Q21 due to the successful relaunch of the UP brand in late 1Q21.
Brand mix, including the UP Cannabis brand, boosted non-beverage adult-use gross margin to 37%, up from 36% in 1Q21.
Maintained the number one position in the beverage category with net revenue increasing 11% over 1Q21.

Awesome....glad it worked out for you!

#11399 3 years ago

Anyone get in on TKAT early yesterday?

#11400 3 years ago

As much as the Fed is trying to sugarcoat, the Treasury yield is telling the real truth, and techs are going to pay the price I'm afraid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/228?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.