IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 420.
#11101 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Choosing a company largely comes down to trusting their execution and you can do that by looking at their track record.
For example CGC is trading at a 26x multiple while CURLF is trading at a 13x multiple, is closer to profitability, and announced Europe expansion this week. Do you keep throwing money at CGC and hope they can be profitable some day, or invest in a company that is not only executing better, but is cheaper? That's the state we are in today when comparing the major Canadian vs US companies.

CGC is already baking in the merger. I agree, current valuation is high but they are in a very unique position with almost instant exposure to a large piece of the US pie - again, already baked in. They’re also positioning themselves to have a large EU footprint that shouldn’t be ignored.

I like CURLF a lot. I own a decent chunk and plan on adding to it.

The key in this sector is to buy a little of all the big players and wait for the consolidation to unfold. Valuations will be wonky in the sector as a whole as no one can accurately predict growth rates of an untapped market in a brand new industry. What I do know is what happened in Colorado - I lived there for 18 years and was there when rec went legal. I think the analysts are completely underestimating CAGRs across the board.

#11102 3 years ago

Keep an eye on interest rates - market could take another sh!t if they get much higher.

#11103 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Keep an eye on interest rates - market could take another sh!t if they get much higher.

More buying opportunities! Bring it on!

#11104 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I've been very boringly just holding onto my positions the past two weeks.... that is all.

That's all I really have been doing. I did add a bit of apple, but haven't been able to eyeball things to know when to buy.

#11105 3 years ago

Biden is announcing tonight that he is directing the states to make vaccines available to all adults by May 1st. This is a big step towards reopening.

#11106 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This is a big step towards reopening

Or towards the zombie apocalypse

#11107 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Biden is announcing tonight that he is directing the states to make vaccines available to all adults by May 1st. This is a big step towards reopening.

Who's still closed? CA? no one cares about CA anymore. However, just like Trump, Biden can't make anything happen in this regard. It's a false promise. The companies will get them out as fast as they can.

#11108 3 years ago

Is there any possibility that the big tobacco companies will become a seller/packer distributer for marijuana?

I own a lot of Altria for the dividend but it’s a declining industry.

#11109 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there any possibility that the big tobacco companies will become a seller/packer distributer for marijuana?

If they are smart they would? Are they involved in the medical marijuana industry at all? Or are they ones who pad pockets to keep it illegal?

#11110 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world. Pewdiepie plays this game (if you dont know who he is he is the biggest single person youtuber in the world) Its the only kid friendly platform in the world with ABSOLUTE ZERO competition. If you ask me this platform preys on bad parents. The same parents that let there kid watch 3h or more of TV a day. That's like 90% of America. It keeps kids occupied.

Micro transactions for kids would not exist if the parents did not give them the money in the first place. These same parents will gladly give there kid $20 to keep them occupied for a few weeks. If "some countries" ban this will not make 1oz of difference to RBLX stock price.
They are looking to host Concerts and events this year. I think i read somewhere the already booked 1.9 billion in events? Who knows what this platform is going to evolve into. To think that its not in its infant stage your not seeing the big picture. Is it over valuated? HELL YEA it is but thats due to it potential. We can all think of a few companies that are in similar boats. I know nothing about trading so don't take any advice from me. AT ALL. This is not a joke.

You're right about Minecraft. Microsoft bought them for like 2.5 billion 6 years ago when they were making 130 million a year on like 250 million revenue. Roblox is making -270 million a year on a billion revenue, but they're now valued at 40 billion, twice the value of Take Two (GTA, Red Dead, NBA 2k, etc).

There isn't zero competition for Roblox. I have an 11 and 14 year old. My 14 year old used to play it a ton and no longer touches it ever. My 11 year old plays it with his friends, but outside of that plays his Xbox and Switch more (and watches youtube on his ipad).

I'm just saying that to actually grow into that valuation, they're going to need to 8x revenue...how long will that take? And they have a demographic issue, they can only get more and more kids from around the globe but they lose 10% of their customers every year to 'age'...so they have to add like 30% more new users each year just to get to 20% total user growth. That isn't something that anyone else has to contend with. I think there's a lot of promise there and that it could be a major player, but at 40 billion that seems like the 'final' valuation after all the growth is done, not what it should be at now.

#11111 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:I've been very boringly just holding onto my positions the past two weeks.... that is all.

So stubborn!!

#11112 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Still dumb founded Phillipe Morris didn't jump on this bandwagon 5-10 years ago.

#11113 3 years ago

I guess the market is going to shit tomorrow with this fire huh? I’ll sell everything pre-market!

A8E8762F-40C4-4015-BE5E-C735649417D6 (resized).jpegA8E8762F-40C4-4015-BE5E-C735649417D6 (resized).jpeg

#11114 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I guess the market is going to shit tomorrow with this fire huh? I’ll sell everything pre-market!
[quoted image]

Elon needs to stop tossing his blunts into the trash can.

#11115 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There was a rumor about Altria getting into the MJ market a few years ago. /// removed - “but that never materialized” /// I can tell you the tooling for tobacco will not work for processing MJ. I haven’t seen any information supporting cigarette manufacturers transitioning to MJ.

#11116 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

There was a rumor about Altria getting into the MJ market a few years ago but that never materialized. I can tell you the tooling for tobacco will not work for processing MJ. I haven’t seen any information supporting cigarette manufacturers transitioning to MJ.

They did. Altria invested in Cronos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/lox5vf/altriacronos_group_the_forgotten_deal_mocron/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

#11117 3 years ago

Oh, there you go - I stand corrected.

Ironically titled “The Forgotten Deal”

#11118 3 years ago

For you GME fans, this guy bought 90k of calls with strike as high as 380. YESTERDAY with an expiration TODAY! Genius or brainless, you decide.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/m31138/found_out_how_to_buy_call_options_today/

#11119 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

For you GME fans, this guy bought 90k of calls with strike as high as 380. YESTERDAY with an expiration TODAY! Genius or brainless, you decide.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/m31138/found_out_how_to_buy_call_options_today/

I saw this yesterday. Absolutely unbelievable. I don’t know if I am rooting for or against him at this point.

#11120 3 years ago

Altria also invested in Juul at the same time was a huge waste of money they could have been investing more into MJ.

#11121 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I saw this yesterday. Absolutely unbelievable. I don’t know if I am rooting for or against him at this point.

Somebody made an easy $90k!

#11122 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

also look at BUD for a possible synergy
CBD drinks are going to be huge

from one of my newsletters
"Fluent Beverage Company, which is a joint venture between Anheuser-Busch InBev and Tilray, a global pioneer in cannabis, plans to commercialize non-alcohol CBD-infused beverages in Canada, once regulations allow."

#11123 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

! Genius or brainless, you decide

Brainless. They could have tripled their money simply by buying CE NIB games and flipping them in two weeks like the rest of the pinball scum.

#11124 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who's still closed? CA? no one cares about CA anymore. However, just like Trump, Biden can't make anything happen in this regard. It's a false promise. The companies will get them out as fast as they can.

NY

#11125 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sorry as I am working to understand derivative trading here... Does this mean that someone:

A.) Spent $90k for the "right" to purchase GME at as high as $380/share. So anything over $380 is profit as that price is locked in?
B.) Spent $90k to earn the premium of these options if GME share prices stay $380 or below?
C.) Some other answer.

Apologies, but I'm trying to understand some of this, and this reminds me of studying for a test and the actual questions being 10x more difficult.

If someone can break it down easier, I'm all ears.

#11126 3 years ago

Anyone own RIDE? Welcome to the Hindenburg short reports, yet another victim of their propaganda. Likely kill the stock today.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/lordstown/

#11127 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone own RIDE? Welcome to the Hindenburg short reports, yet another victim of their propaganda. Likely kill the stock today.
https://hindenburgresearch.com/lordstown/

I only owned it very briefly, didn't like the price action after a downgrade so sold it all immediately at $28-$29 for a minor loss. Stock tanked after that.

#11128 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Sorry as I am working to understand derivative trading here... Does this mean that someone:
A.) Spent $90k for the "right" to purchase GME at as high as $380/share. So anything over $380 is profit as that price is locked in?
B.) Spent $90k to earn the premium of these options if GME share prices stay $380 or below?
C.) Some other answer.
Apologies, but I'm trying to understand some of this, and this reminds me of studying for a test and the actual questions being 10x more difficult.
If someone can break it down easier, I'm all ears.

A. they can exercise their call option to purchase 100 shares at $380 for each call they bought. So he'll lose it all if it closes today under $380. Most people don't exercise their calls because they'd need to buy 100 shares at $380 which is a buttload of money. Most just sell their call back if it turns a profit.
Right now the guys down huge since it closed at $260 yesterday. But he still has today for it to get to 380

#11129 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

A. they can exercise their call option to purchase 100 shares at $380 for each call they bought. So he'll lose it all if it closes today under $380. Most people don't exercise their calls because they'd need to buy 100 shares at $380 which is a buttload of money. Most just sell their call back if it turns a profit.
Right now the guys down huge since it closed at $260 yesterday. But he still has today for it to get to 380

Has to go above $380 to just breakeven. Not sure what he paid per contract? Probably another $20 per share.

#11130 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has to go above $380 to just breakeven. Not sure what he paid per contract? Probably another $20 per share.

Right. I forgot about the premium he probably paid. Likely $400ish to break even.

#11131 3 years ago

Here comes GME. I am sitting this one out from the side line. This is probably the day it goes to the moon.

#11132 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Bought some PUT options on FINV, $10 strike, for 1.37. It had a major spike today on just .26 share earnings. Think it's going to come back to earth by next week.

Turned out to be a decent play....got lucky with my limit at 2.10, stoc was at $7 open. Hit it first thing this morning, and now the stock price is back up immediately to 9. Might buy it again if it reaches 10.

#11133 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Here come GME. I am sitting this one out from the side line. This is probably the day it goes to the moon.

I wonder what price you reach the moon. $400/share for a $20/share value seems like it's moonish.

#11134 3 years ago

#11135 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I wonder what price you reach the moon. $400/share for a $20/share value seems like it's moonish.

I would concur with that.

#11136 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Thanks!

#11137 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

400 isn't even close. At least $1000 and higher with all the short interest and borrowed shares so outstanding. It will be the mother of all short squeezes
Just wait until the stimulus checks hit this weekend

#11138 3 years ago

Nokia signs a patent deal with Samsung for their 5G technology. Could NOK finally go above $5 and stay there?

#11139 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Nokia signs a patent deal with Samsung for their 5G technology. Could NOK finally go above $5 and stay there?

I sold 4.50 strike calls, so almost definitely.

#11140 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I sold 4.50 strike calls, so almost definitely.

You can buy 4.50 strikes for .09...Hedge that sucker

#11141 3 years ago

DASH trying hard to break the 138 downward barrier

#11142 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You're right about Minecraft. Microsoft bought them for like 2.5 billion 6 years ago when they were making 130 million a year on like 250 million revenue. Roblox is making -270 million a year on a billion revenue, but they're now valued at 40 billion, twice the value of Take Two (GTA, Red Dead, NBA 2k, etc).
There isn't zero competition for Roblox. I have an 11 and 14 year old. My 14 year old used to play it a ton and no longer touches it ever. My 11 year old plays it with his friends, but outside of that plays his Xbox and Switch more (and watches youtube on his ipad).
I'm just saying that to actually grow into that valuation, they're going to need to 8x revenue...how long will that take? And they have a demographic issue, they can only get more and more kids from around the globe but they lose 10% of their customers every year to 'age'...so they have to add like 30% more new users each year just to get to 20% total user growth. That isn't something that anyone else has to contend with. I think there's a lot of promise there and that it could be a major player, but at 40 billion that seems like the 'final' valuation after all the growth is done, not what it should be at now.

I def see your points. All the kids I see playing are under 10. I dont know a single kid over 10 who plays. Im sure they are out there but i know zero. So yes at the top of there demographic you have the kids moving onto bigger better things, naturally. They are also not watching pepe pig anymore....hopefully.

#11143 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I def see your points. All the kids I see playing are under 10. I dont know a single kid over 10 who plays. Im sure they are out there but i know zero. So yes at the top of there demographic you have the kids moving onto bigger better things, naturally. They are also not watching pepe pig anymore....hopefully.

My kids that play are 7, 9, 12, and 13. My 15 year old plays a little but mostly plays other games.

I played a Quake clone on Roblox the other day. It was one of the most enjoyable deathmatch FPS I've ever played and I used to play Quake competitively.

#11144 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My kids that play are 7, 9, 12, and 13. My 15 year old plays a little but mostly plays other games.
I played a Quake clone on Roblox the other day. It was one of the most enjoyable deathmatch FPS I've ever played and I used to play Quake competitively.

Dude get the hell out of here!!! I played Quake II competitively. My clan one the WOGL for team death match and Rocket Arena. We were Number 1 in the world! My tag was MaD-Sixthsence. We use to hang out on MPlayer.

I know there are many AAPL guys on here (me included). If you did not see this yet https://www.fool.com/ext-content/under-the-radar-stock-could-soar-with-release-of-a/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=5gsa-supercycle&aid=9467&paid=9467&waid=9467&source=esayhowdg0211573&psource=esayhowdg0211573&wsource=esayhowdg0211573&utm_term=finance.yahoo.com&utm_content=35961974640&testId=a-sa-5g-sc&cellId=0&campaign=sa-5g-sc

#11145 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Dude get the hell out of here!!! I played Quake II competitively. My clan one the WOGL for team death match and Rocket Arena. We were Number 1 in the world! My tag was MaD-Sixthsence. We use to hang out on MPlayer.
I know there are many AAPL guys on here (me included). If you did not see this yet https://www.fool.com/ext-content/under-the-radar-stock-could-soar-with-release-of-a/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=5gsa-supercycle&aid=9467&paid=9467&waid=9467&source=esayhowdg0211573&psource=esayhowdg0211573&wsource=esayhowdg0211573&utm_term=finance.yahoo.com&utm_content=35961974640&testId=a-sa-5g-sc&cellId=0&campaign=sa-5g-sc

So what's this secret stock, since that link basically says don't buy AAPL but buy 'this'.

As for Quake, that was after my time. We tournament played DOOM, linked TCP on Compaq 386's.

#11146 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So what's this secret stock, since that link basically says don't buy AAPL but buy 'this'.

II-VI

#11148 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

That's badass! I started with Quake II but mostly played Quake III Arena. I wasn't in a Quake clan. I wasn't at the same level as you; played more regional level lugging my 19" CRT monitor and massive Gateway tower around. I was much better at Half-Life Deathmatch and Team Fortress and was in a clan for those but those weren't as popular as Q3A and Counter-Strike.

#11149 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

My clan was also #1 on the ladder for awhile in QWCTF. Clan Dog Pound. [DP]ReD^DoG was my tag and I played on 28.8 dial up for the longest time!

Back to stocks. Go FOUR!!!

#11150 3 years ago

I bought 10 NOK contracts 4/26 Exp $5 strike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/223?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.