200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 420.
#11001 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like it is going to open $65-$70 bucks. I am not personally investing in this and admittedly, do not follow it outside of DD, but think you can buy it cheaper later.

Wow! They said 45 bucks, guess there will be too much buying volume

#11002 3 years ago

I put a limit order on RBLX at $50 for just 20 shares. A little bite. I am expecting to buy about $5000 more of it but want to see how things go for a few days to a week first.

#11003 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I put a limit order on RBLX at $50 for just 20 shares. A little bite. I am expecting to buy about $5000 more of it but want to see how things go for a few days to a week first.

I put one order for 65 shares at 75 hoping to catch it. My plan is to day trade this sucker then get back in later when price drops

#11004 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I put one order for 65 shares at 75 hoping to catch it. My plan is to day trade this sucker then get back in later when price drops

I put 3 limit orders of just 20 shares each at $50, $65, and $75.

#11005 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Got in on GME at $342. Strapping in and ready for the ride.

And still holding...

#11006 3 years ago

WTF just happened....GME lost 140 points and AMC 2 points in less than 5 minutes. Many other stocks simultaneously tanking.

#11007 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

WTF just happened....GME lost 140 points and AMC 2 points in less than 5 minutes. Many other stocks simultaneously tanking.

Are you back on AMC?

#11008 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Shares halted 3 times today on GME. Just happened again.

#11009 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm green on 14 of 17 holdings.

Started taking uranium positions in UEC and URCCF today.

#11010 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you back on AMC?

Hell No

#11011 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm green on 14 of 17 holdings.
Started taking uranium positions in UEC and URCCF today.

Mostly Nasdaq tech stocks which I'm completely out of. I'm not in either GME or AMC, but when they tanked simultaneously it seems alot of others did as well. TSLA, AAPL, BB, etc.

#11012 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like it is going to open $65-$70 bucks. I am not personally investing in this and admittedly, do not follow it outside of DD, but think you can buy it cheaper later.

There was a good story on NPR yesterday about Roblox, I was surprised to hear how many kids actually play it, develop games for it, the live concert stuff, and the founder talked about how it was his vision of the Metaverse, totally made me think of the book Snow Crash. I'm interested to see what happens with it, but am sitting on the sidelines for the first week or two.

#11013 3 years ago

What the hell is going on with Roblox! It never opened

#11014 3 years ago

Roblox is on!

#11015 3 years ago

I sold out a few of my high growth tech stocks last week for pretty steep losses, but I wasn't going to hold them and give up all of this years gains. However I immediately put that money and more into QQQ and Apple, plus 500 PINS in my IRA. Made about half the losses back so far, but I would have made it almost all back if I had kept the original positions.

#11016 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Coordinated hedge fund attack. My thoughts they have been stock piling borrowed shares for this timed attack to force panic sells.

#11017 3 years ago

73?? No thanks. Good luck to those that buy in.

#11018 3 years ago

I got 40 shares at 64.50. I could sell right now for a $350 profit but I'll probably just hold onto it and buy more if it drops.

#11019 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I got 40 shares at 64.50. I could sell right now for a $350 profit but I'll probably just hold onto it and buy more if it drops.

I got 70 shares at $64.82 hopefully it doubles in price by the end of AH

#11020 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I got in at 64.50 when it opened up as well. Going to hold and see where it goes

#11021 3 years ago

I put in an order for 50 more shares at $60. I am sort of doubtful it will get there today, but we'll see.

#11022 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Coordinated hedge fund attack. My thoughts they have been stock piling borrowed shares for this timed attack to force panic sells.

That wasn’t a ladder attack, that was a falling-off-a-cliff attack. Not in GME but it’s fun to watch.

#11023 3 years ago

FSR and DKNG killing it today.

#11024 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I put in an order for 50 more shares at $60. I am sort of doubtful it will get there today, but we'll see.

You are probably right. Volume is not what I thought it would be for a day trade. Still up. We’ll see!

#11025 3 years ago

Got in on RBLX for 66.71. Lets see what this does.

#11026 3 years ago

I sold my draft kings today. I am expecting it to sell off tomorrow or Friday and then I can buy back in.

Quoted from Lounge:

FSR and DKNG killing it today.

#11027 3 years ago

Bought a little more Teladoc and Pins today

#11028 3 years ago

Is Reddit getting behind Roblox as well?

#11029 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

They have no clue what they are doing beyond GME

#11030 3 years ago

Bought some more PINS and AAPL today. Plan on adding more in the coming weeks. Just waiting on volatility.

Want to add more DKNG but it needs to cool down a bit.

#11031 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

They have no clue what they are doing beyond GME

That is blatantly false. Reddit has numerous good pages for the stock market. The day trading and stock pages are filled with dozens of good posts and due diligence daily.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daytrading?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

#11032 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Im sure they are settling into position before the pump....if any pump exists

#11034 3 years ago

That is blatantly false. Reddit has numerous good pages for the stock market. The day trading and stock pages are filled with dozens of good posts and due diligence daily.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Daytrading?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I'm just saying the big coordinated efforts outside of GME are chaos. Nobody knows who is behind what and what to pile onto.

#11036 3 years ago

Roblox is very popular right now in the 13 and under age group, and non-existent over that. It's basically just an open world development platform where people continuously copy 'real' games and make generic copies of them with tons of microtransactions, which is why it completely dies after age 13...at that age, kids start playing the 'real' games instead of the roblox version and see how crappy the roblox version really is.

But it serves one huge purpose, which is allowing kids with no money and different platforms to all play together at once no matter what the game is. The idea is sound.

However, there are countries now looking into banning microtransactions for young kids...how much money will Roblox make if that becomes universal? ZERO.

So while I think the platform has a lot of potential, there are some huge 'go to zero' risks with it too, and it's hard to make the argument that Roblox should be worth more than EA on day one and 2/3rd's of what Nintendo is. EA has the same microtransaction risk but the fact that Nintendo and Roblox are even this remotely close in value shows how out of whack things are currently.

I was going to buy some roblox at $45 but when it went to $70 it's just too rich for what it is. I'd rather own Unity which is worth less but is used by almost all the major game studios to make games and has a bright future that isn't based on extorting money from 10 year olds, lol.

#11037 3 years ago

I know this group isn't big on gme but many are predicting blast of tomorrow if you still want to get on.
The increase in call option volume today with expiration Friday is absolutely obscene.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/m23tep/what_just_happened_here_is_what_i_think_prepare/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

#11038 3 years ago

I know this group isn't big on gme but many are predicting blast of tomorrow if you still want to get on.
The increase in call option volume today with expiration Friday is absolutely obscene.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/m23tep/what_just_happened_here_is_what_i_think_prepare/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So for a complete moron like me that got swept up in January and lost 1500 in 2 days, how do the guys here who actually understand this stuff react to this information? Is it legit? Is it conjecture? I swore I wouldn’t get back involved in this GME thing and I am holding to that but I am really curious to understand if you guys have an opinion on this data in the link? Is it all really painting the picture that the author appears to be suggesting for the next day or two?

#11039 3 years ago

The option premiums must be crazy as well. My son has an investment game in his Grade 10 business class. He shorted GME at $108, presently down $1.2 million. Glad it is not real money At least he knows how to short at 15.

#11040 3 years ago

Woah, what is going on with OGI?? I still had 100 shares and am logging in to see a massive spike this morning pre-market.

Edit - looks like they got a 200m + investment and partnership agreement announced overnight.

#11041 3 years ago

I'm definitely no pro, but what seems shady to me is that every time GME starts to spike, some wrench gets thrown in. They stop trading, restrict buying, halt shares, etc.

#11042 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So for a complete moron like me that got swept up in January and lost 1500 in 2 days, how do the guys here who actually understand this stuff react to this information? Is it legit? Is it conjecture? I swore I wouldn’t get back involved in this GME thing and I am holding to that but I am really curious to understand if you guys have an opinion on this data in the link? Is it all really painting the picture that the author appears to be suggesting for the next day or two?

Hedge funds are battling one another. Bet on who you think will win - the bulls or the bears. If you bet right, you could get a 20x return. If you don’t, you lose your principal. It’s expensive to play but the risk adjusted potential returns make it interesting. Can you afford to lose $5k on a contract? If so, might be worth it to you.

#11043 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Woah, what is going on with OGI?? I still had 100 shares and am logging in to see a massive spike this morning pre-market.
Edit - looks like they got a 200m + investment and partnership agreement announced overnight.

been touting cannabis stocks on this thread for a long time
we are so early in this industry - but them and hold them

#11044 3 years ago

iceman44 you called attention to Coupang some time ago. They're being listed today on NYSE with the ticker CPNG. Largest S Korean ecommerce market share and expanding into online groceries. IPO priced 33-ish... although it's likely to open for trade higher. Anyone getting in on that? I'm likely to nibble.

#11045 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

iceman44 you called attention to Coupang some time ago. They're being listed today on NYSE with the ticker CPNG. Largest S Korean ecommerce market share and expanding into online groceries. IPO priced 33-ish... although it's likely to open for trade higher. Anyone getting in on that? I'm likely to nibble.

Thanks for the heads up!

Everything is green except GME. Haha funny how they do everything is their power to bring the house down

#11046 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m def a hero for the $1 Billion of client money I manage. And always will be with the plan and approach we take.
It takes some “ice in the veins”, balls or just common sense long term conviction and perspective to BUY THE DIPS
Did most people continue to sell out of fear and panic over the inflation boogeyman?
Or did yo buy the 10%+ dip?

I did but not NASDAQ stock, I have QQQ. I bought some LVS and BA right before the pop. Sad thing is I had 1200 share of BA till a couple of weeks and a dumped at 215. I rode it up from 190. I only rebought 300 shares and then it popped to 250..lol.

#11047 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

Really detailed analysis on CPNG ... although it uses the initial listing price range, so the upside they see is already priced in with the new listing price.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4412090-coupang-korean-e-commerce-titan

#11048 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The option premiums must be crazy as well. My son has an investment game in his Grade 10 business class. He shorted GME at $108, presently down $1.2 million. Glad it is not real money At least he knows how to short at 15.

The call option volume is what I find the most interesting 36k calls were bought at $800 for 3/12 yesterday. 3k have already been bought today. Volume seems too high for just retail investors.

Is he going to get an F for being 1.2 million in the hole?

#11049 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

roblox version and see how crappy the roblox version really is

Minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world. Pewdiepie plays this game (if you dont know who he is he is the biggest single person youtuber in the world) Its the only kid friendly platform in the world with ABSOLUTE ZERO competition. If you ask me this platform preys on bad parents. The same parents that let there kid watch 3h or more of TV a day. That's like 90% of America. It keeps kids occupied.

Quoted from taylor34:

However, there are countries now looking into banning microtransactions for young kids...how much money will Roblox make if that becomes universal? ZERO.

Micro transactions for kids would not exist if the parents did not give them the money in the first place. These same parents will gladly give there kid $20 to keep them occupied for a few weeks. If "some countries" ban this will not make 1oz of difference to RBLX stock price.

They are looking to host Concerts and events this year. I think i read somewhere the already booked 1.9 billion in events? Who knows what this platform is going to evolve into. To think that its not in its infant stage your not seeing the big picture. Is it over valuated? HELL YEA it is but thats due to it potential. We can all think of a few companies that are in similar boats. I know nothing about trading so dont take any advice from me. AT ALL. This is not a joke.

#11050 3 years ago

Anyone have any quick 20X return ideas so I can quit my job this afternoon? Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/221?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.