IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 421.
#10801 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

That article made it sound like you can sell what you have for $11.50/share or hold and get $0.01/share? That can't be correct, can it?

Warrants give you the right to buy shares at 11.50 OR redeem them for cash. Cash value 0.01. (i.e. basically worthless)

So if you don’t have the capital to exercise the warrant in the timeframe given, the company will cash you out.

#10802 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Lot of internet chatter about GNOG's warrants being redeemed tomorrow. People are thinking that this might rocket the stock. Can somebody more familiar with warrants help me understand the implications for the trade tomorrow?
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/golden-nugget-online-gaming-announces-redemption-of-public-warrants-2021-02-04

Take this with a grain of salt because I don't follow GNOG...but if you heard chatter about it it's most likely due to a dilutive effect warrants have on the stock...in essence when you redeem warrants more shares (paper) get issued, which theoretically brings the collective value of the already outstanding shares down.

PS: Now it's more important than ever (with Robin Hood and zero commission) for the retail investor without a financial background to only invest in Mutual/Index funds and ETFs. Stock picking is hard and dangerous....you can invest in the SP index and beat 80% of the fund managers.

A study by Vanguard found that 18% of active mutual fund managers beat their benchmarks over a 15-year period.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnjennings/2020/09/23/beating-the-market-is-simple-but-not-easy/?sh=571ca5607b6a

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/15/active-fund-managers-trail-the-sp-500-for-the-ninth-year-in-a-row-in-triumph-for-indexing.html

#10803 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Take this with a grain of salt because I don't follow GNOG...but if you heard chatter about it it's most likely due to a dilutive effect warrants have on the stock...in essence when you redeem warrants more shares (paper) get issued, which theoretically brings the collective value of the already outstanding shares down.
PS: Now it's more important than ever (with Robin Hood and zero commission) for the retail investor without a financial background to only invest in Mutual/Index funds and ETFs. Stock picking is hard and dangerous....you can invest in the SP index and beat 80% of the fund managers.
A study by Vanguard found that 18% of active mutual fund managers beat their benchmarks over a 15-year period.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnjennings/2020/09/23/beating-the-market-is-simple-but-not-easy/?sh=571ca5607b6a
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/15/active-fund-managers-trail-the-sp-500-for-the-ninth-year-in-a-row-in-triumph-for-indexing.html

I agree I keep a lot in VWO VOO VTI I tell people all the time you will have trouble beating VOO long term.

#10804 3 years ago

speaking of index funds:

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY)

SPY HAS RECOVERED +164.9 [+74%]
FROM THE MARCH 2020 LOWS.

MAR 05, 2021 [383.6]
MAR 23, 2020 [223.0]
ADD DIVDNDS PD 4.3
==============
+164.9

care to venture a guess as to how much of that 165 point gain was attributable to the ~250 cash trading sessions [9:30-4:00ET] during those 50 weeks [1600 trading hours]?

***** ZERO *****

in fact, SPY ** LOST ** nearly 40 points during those cash sessions. if you bought the open and sold the close each day, you would be down 18%.

SPYs entire gain occurred overnight in the futures market, after first making up for 40 pts lost during the cash sessions, a combined total of 200+ points.

check out AAPL. all gains overnight.

snp 500 (resized).PNGsnp 500 (resized).PNG

#10805 3 years ago

Ok, so re:warrant expiration I was able to find an answer to my own question. It appears that as warrant expiration approaches, it tends to put a halt towards the momentum of the core stock. Evidently, it is a good sign for growth if the price of the core stock gets close to the warrant price at expiration. Have read about the price action in a variety of areas, but this is one of the better write ups below. Definitely not financial advice. @loneacer, I have not sold my stake at all. Let’s see if this historicals hold true and this moves back up.

https://www.stockwarrantshq.com/5-things-to-look-for-when-trading-a-warrant-expiration/

#10806 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

speaking of index funds:
MAR 05, 2021 [383.6]
MAR 23, 2020 [223.0]
ADD DIVDNDS PD 4.3
==============
+164.9
care to venture a guess as to how much of that 165 point gain was attributable to the ~250 cash trading sessions [9:30-4:00ET] during those 50 weeks [1600 trading hours]?

***** ZERO *****
in fact, SPY ** LOST ** nearly 40 points during those cash sessions. if you bought the open and sold the close each day, you would be down 18%.
SPYs entire gain occurred overnight in the futures market, after first making up for 40 pts lost during the cash sessions, a combined total of 200+ points.
[quoted image]

I've been noticing this trend for the last 3 months across most stocks.

#10807 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

speaking of index funds:
MAR 05, 2021 [383.6]
MAR 23, 2020 [223.0]
ADD DIVDNDS PD 4.3
==============
+164.9

***** ZERO *****
[quoted image]

This is very interesting, never heard this discussed before that most of the gains are after hours. Do you have something similar for AAPL? Thanks.

#10808 3 years ago

Any thoughts on the RBLX IPO on Wednesday? As I was watching 4 of my 5 kids play Roblox last night, I decided to see if it was a publicly traded company...and yep, IPO in 3 days. Same thing happened to me with Petco and that hasn't turned out well, yet. Regardless, I plan to buy RBLX; I'm just not sure how much and when is the best time to get in.

#10809 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Any thoughts on the RBLX IPO on Wednesday? As I was watching 4 of my 5 kids play Roblox last night, I decided to see if it was a publicly traded company...and yep, IPO in 3 days. Same thing happened to me with Petco and that hasn't turned out well, yet. Regardless, I plan to buy RBLX; I'm just not sure how much and when is the best time to get in.

My 14 year old schooled me on Roblox yesterday cause i knew its coming.
Its definitely a mid level game platform, does not have the millions and millions of users such as Blizzard.
My kid suggested Nintendo because of all the new stuff coming this year.
Humm, stock tip from 14 year old.
Buying him $1000 of Nintendo today.
Maybe college fund.

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:Any thoughts on the RBLX IPO on Wednesday? As I was watching 4 of my 5 kids play Roblox last night, I decided to see if it was a publicly traded company...and yep, IPO in 3 days. Same thing happened to me with Petco and that hasn't turned out well, yet. Regardless, I plan to buy RBLX; I'm just not sure how much and when is the best time to get in.

I was planning on doing a quick swing trade on Roblox as, from what’ve seen, most IPO’s starting going south after a week or so. Might consider Roblox for the long term but I would first have to see how it does after the IPO hype

#10811 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its definitely a mid level game platform, does not have the millions and millions of users such as Blizzard.
Maybe college fund.

All of my kids decided to buy some RBLX and NTDOY this week.

#10812 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe college fund.

Roblox has like 30-40 million users per day dude. I wouldn't compare it to Blizzard. Blizzard makes AAA games. Roblox is a massive online community with a large group of creators that get paid for making content. Your son is 14 so at the older range of their demo. I'd say somewhere between 6 and 13 is the Roblox main demographic.

Direct offering on the 10th.

#10813 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I was planning on doing a quick swing trade on Roblox as, from what’ve seen, most IPO’s starting going south after a week or so. Might consider Roblox for the long term but I would first have to see how it does after the IPO hype

It's a direct offering

#10814 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Roblox has like 30-40 million users per day dude. I wouldn't compare it to Blizzard. Blizzard makes AAA games. Roblox is a massive online community with a large group of creators that get paid for making content. Your son is 14 so at the older range of their demo. I'd say somewhere between 6 and 13 is the Roblox main demographic.

My kids that play Roblox regularly are 7, 9, 12, and 13. My 15 year-old is on to other games.

Yes, thanks for the correction. I said "IPO" for the brevity.

#10815 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

All of my kids decided to buy some RBLX and NTDOY this week.

With Nintendo, which pays a small dividend, be sure your kids (actually, you as Custodian) understand the tax implications of American Depository Receipts. I found out the hard way on Volkswagen many years ago

#10816 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I did not know it was a direct offering. Thanks! Both my daughters, 6 and 5 are Hooked on Roblox! They even created accounts for me and my wife so we all play as a family lol

#10817 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

With Nintendo, which pays a small dividend, be sure your kids (actually, you as Custodian) understand the tax implications of American Depository Receipts. I found out the hard way on Volkswagen many years ago

I appreciate the heads up. I bought the shares under my account and just keep track of how much they put in and at what price. As they only put in $50-100 each, I don't worry about charging them for taxes nor do they get the dividend (I of course do both ). It is more about having them watch a stock as a fun family thing.

#10818 3 years ago

My Friend's son has been creating worlds for Roblox for years, he made enough cash to buy a car when he turned 16

#10819 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

My Friend's son has been creating worlds for Roblox for years, he made enough cash to buy a car when he turned 16

Now i will go tell my kid what a slacker he is.
Damn minecraft.

#10820 3 years ago

Y'all still sleeping on SABR? New 52 week high today...

#10821 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you have something similar for AAPL?

AAPL

+65.00 overall from MARCH 23, 2020 to MARCH 5, 2021
+80.00 overnight / -15.00 during the day.

#10822 3 years ago

Gamestop!

That is all

#10823 3 years ago

From my technology engineer at PRA. Blue horsehoe likes DATA ROBOT. A lot. Remember that name.

Also VEEVA systems. Have added several components to their suite of products and Drugmakers just throw money at the only game in town.

I bought it early and sold it way too early.

#10824 3 years ago

Anybody else warming up the truck for a trip to the Apple store?

#10825 3 years ago

Busy buying day for me, bought more PSTH, WMT, NTDOY, FSLY. Rebought DKNG, PYPL, AMD, FVRR. New buys of VEEV, XOM, SKLZ, WRE.

EDIT: Watching EPD (buy order at 22.8) and ABBV (buy order at 106.0). Sell order for ALL at 119.5.

#10826 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Nibbled today. Truck is ready

#10827 3 years ago

Why would anyone do that? We were told to BUY on February 3rd for $134.00. I'm down over 12% on that shit call. Wait, someone will say to "average down", to them I say FY. I want the money now, Not later.

#10828 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why would anyone do that? We were told to BUY on February 3rd for $134.00. I'm down over 12% on that shit call. Wait, someone will say to "average down", to them I say FY. I want the money now, Not later.

Just curious, who said to buy then?

#10829 3 years ago

Placed a put on DoorDash since their lockup ends tomorrow.

#10830 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Apple has not been a short term buy in years (not counting the split). It has already had the dramatic upturns. It is a slow growth stock now that just happens to tend to be more lucrative than most others.
For those that don't want "money now", dollar cost average as the price goes down.
I wish I could buy as much as I want but I have supposed job conflicts of interest.

#10831 3 years ago

Bought some today at $118.35. Will average down if they happen to fall further.

#10832 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just curious, who said to buy then?

No need to start a civil war. Every investment decision is my own responsibility. I had funds available on that day, listened to what someone said {no names} and placed my bet.

Fortunately I'm in the John Goodman position from The Gambler so no worries....

#10833 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No need to start a civil war. Every investment decision is my own responsibility. I had funds available on that day, listened to what someone said {no names} and placed my bet.

No worries. Did not know if it was your advisor, somebody on TV, somebody here, whatever. All good.

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

FU money....I love that scene. I'm almost there myself, I need to buy a boat first then off to the fortress of solitude.

#10835 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

speaking of index funds:
MAR 05, 2021 [383.6]
MAR 23, 2020 [223.0]
ADD DIVDNDS PD 4.3
==============
+164.9

***** ZERO *****
[quoted image]

AAPL has been a great stock but you can't possibly compare it to the safety you get from VOO or SPY index....one BS viral article about a bad batch of screens or batteries and it will blow hole through your portfolio.

#10836 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

FU money....I love that scene. I'm almost there myself, I need to buy a boat first then off to the fortress of solicitude.

Just watched that scene. Pretty awesome and true. Its interesting what everybody's level of FU money is. Still, the sentiment is the same.

#10837 3 years ago

Disney at all time highs.

#10838 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Apple is in the same position as the rest of the market that tanked in the last couple weeks. People were warned this would happen in March. Apple itself is a solid play, but it isn't a get rich quick stock. If you'd have done your DD before buying, you would have known this.

If it is any consolation, I am right there with you, but I'm adding.

#10839 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Placed a put on DoorDash since their lockup ends tomorrow.

I tried to this morning but my deposit hasn't cleared. Would have already doubled my money

#10840 3 years ago

I really feel like AAPL is mostly current investors saying how it is a long-term growth stock and not overvalued to convince others to buy more. And as long as people keep mostly buying, it will keep being gradually good. It just seems like at some point enough people would say "why is this the most valuable company in the world?" and it would tank. But that never happens; AAPL is its own thing. I have some AAPL stock so I don't want that to happen. I guess I am just another sucker, but all of us suckers keep gaining value on AAPL so...

EDIT: "AAPL, not APPL"

#10841 3 years ago

AAPL 116.84 seems like its on sale. Dont mind me. I dont know anything about trading. This is not a joke.

#10842 3 years ago

I’m really liking MAC and SABR. Thanks Iceman and DBLM!

#10843 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I really feel like AAPL is mostly current investors saying how it is a long-term growth stock and not overvalued to convince others to buy more. And as long as people keep mostly buying, it will keep being gradually good. It just seems like at some point enough people would say "why is this the most valuable company in the world?" and it would tank. But that never happens; AAPL is its own thing. I have some AAPL stock so I don't want that to happen. I guess I am just another sucker, but all of us suckers keep gaining value on AAPL so...

Apple has a huge pile of cash as always, and they have a lot of streams of revenue that have been growing/expanding.
There is whole lot more there to justify the stock’s price than most of the big companies that are all the buzz.

#10844 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Busy buying day for me...FVRR...SKLZ...

Ouch.

#10845 3 years ago

AAPL is a no brainer.

If you want the easy way to play this short term move for it's SPHB and OIH.

#10846 3 years ago

I made my for fun pot stock purchase leading up to 4/20 today, 420 shares of HITIF when it dropped down to 56 cents a share.

#10847 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I know that you are not an AAPL fan but let me give you the bull case. AAPL is not just a technology company, it is a lifestyle company. Regardless of what you think of Apple products vs others, Apple is aspirational in nature. People want Apple products, and select others either if they are techie and opinionated or downmarket. Apple has very subtly but deliberately become a subscription business, with their services and how they sell your products. Investors are willing to buy this recurring subscription tail because it is huge. Additionally, Apple is moving into different product areas. Headphones? Check. Virtual reality? Check. Streaming devices? Check. EV? Sure appears to be that way. If you are thinking of them as just phones and computers you are doing yourself a disservice.

#10848 3 years ago

Chasing PINS was a huge mistake lol. Live and learn. I cant believe it went from a solid growth co. too, well a shitty co in two weeks!

#10849 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Busy buying day for me, bought more PSTH, WMT, NTDOY, FSLY. Rebought DKNG, PYPL, AMD, FVRR. New buys of VEEV, XOM, SKLZ, WRE.
EDIT: Watching EPD (buy order at 22.8) and ABBV (buy order at 106.0). Sell order for ALL at 119.5.

Ballsy move

#10850 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Chasing PINS was a huge mistake lol. Live and learn. I cant believe it went from a solid growth co. too, well a shitty co in two weeks!

I’m not chasing it, but I’m certainly not selling as it fits into my Shopify & ETSY holdings for a shopping trifecta.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.