IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 420.
#10401 3 years ago

Remember a couple days ago when you wish you would have bought in the a.m. sell off.......I just picked up more Disney.

#10402 3 years ago

Thoughts on SQ? Good time to buy since everything is down after earnings?

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Thoughts on SQ? Good time to buy since everything is down after earnings?

I was wondering about this too. Also saw that Cathie Wood bought a ton of SQ yesterday.

#10404 3 years ago

So what’s the deal with PLTR? Any reason it’s just slowly going down?

Hopefully all those gme bag holders can cash out now and switch to PLTR.

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Remember a couple days ago when you wish you would have bought in the a.m. sell off.......I just picked up more Disney.

Dis is 4% off it's all time high
I think it has more room to drop

whole market still scares me a lot
would not be surprised with a much large drop in the days to come

#10406 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So what’s the deal with PLTR? Any reason it’s just slowly going down?
Hopefully all those gme bag holders can cash out now and switch to PLTR.

I don’t think theyre cashing out till April

#10407 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I don’t think theyre cashing out till April

Why do you say that?

#10408 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Dis is 4% off it's all time high
I think it has more room to drop

Just transferred fresh powder into Schwab as yep it seems buying opportunities are finally arriving. Agree on DIS. Bought more MGM and DKNG today.

#10409 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Why do you say that?

That’s when dfv calls expire.

#10410 3 years ago

damn- whole market down across the board.

#10411 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s when dfv calls expire.

ah gotcha, thought you meant PLTR.

#10412 3 years ago

I imagine most of the market is going to dump more next week given it is March? 1 year-ish since COVID drops.

#10413 3 years ago

At least so far it’s all just short term paper gains going poof. Not much more meat left on those bones though.

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I imagine most of the market is going to dump more next week given it is March? 1 year-ish since COVID drops.

Not when stimulus checks hit - I think quite the opposite of course depends on how long it takes to get them out.

#10415 3 years ago

so what's driving the late hour knife drop?

#10416 3 years ago

Panic selling? I imagine Friday will be bad too.

#10417 3 years ago

When the whole market is in the tanks and Gamestop is up 42%, something ain't right.

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:When the whole market is in the tanks and Gamestop is up 42%, something ain't right.

GME is more like 40% down from pre market open.

#10421 3 years ago

EBAY and PINS blew away earnings the last couple weeks, ETSY did it today, yet POSH is 50% off its IPO day high. That one has me stumped. I still have the 200 I bought a few days ago at 69 and I bought 200 more today near the lows. Not going crazy with it, but it sure seems like a reasonable buy in this environment with its competitors doing so well. Still wish they had options so I could sell covered calls. They announced their earnings date for second week of March.

#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Panic selling? I imagine Friday will be bad too.

What really would be awesome is if hedge funds went to war. A few funds bought a ton of gme $60 -80 shorts ending tomorrow. This is what started the run Wednesday. If the stock ends above that those funds are going to lose their ass. If s rival firm was smart they would buy millions of shares to drive the price up and make their competitors lose millions. Then immediately dump the shares for Huge profit.

#10423 3 years ago

interest rates continue to rise.
10yr up another 14 basis points today to 1.53%.

the bond market is just another crack in the dike.
the call is going out for more 'hans' on deck.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/US10Y
hans brinker (resized).jpghans brinker (resized).jpg

#10424 3 years ago

The market is down some but to me that's not all bad because I prefer buying at lower prices and not like I need the money now, it's for the future so will be looking to add high quality companies whenever I get extra money (and monthly with our 401Ks).

Kind of bummed that the previous crash recovered so quickly because there were good prices, now everything is over priced. I'm still adding anything when I get extra money and several thousand a month in 401Ks.

#10425 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

interest rates continue to rise.
10yr up another 14 basis points today.
the bond market is just another crack in the dike.
the call is going out for more 'hans' on deck.
https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/US10Y[quoted image]

Until the fed steps in and starts lowering the curve on longer term stuff - and yes it will happen unless they want to declare insolvency...

#10426 3 years ago

Rkt had a blow out quarter and is one of the few stocks heading up right now. Sold out the rest around 24 a few weeks ago but am a bug fan of what they are doing.

#10427 3 years ago

CRM had good numbers, but disappointed on guidance. Definitely on my radar to pick up some after this plays out a bit longer.

#10428 3 years ago

ARK (Cathie Wood) sold about 880k shares of PINS today.

Also sold AMZN, AAPL, CRM, GOOG, SE

They bought TDOC, SQ, PYPL, TWTR

#10429 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

ARK sold about 880k shares of PINS today.

ARK seems to be selling their quality stocks to double down on junk. They've been selling Apple, Google, and Amazon and buying more Tesla the last few days. That worked for them last year, but it's not a good strategy.

#10430 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

ARK seems to be selling their quality stocks to double down on junk. They've been selling Apple, Google, and Amazon and buying more Tesla the last few days. That worked for them last year, but it's not a good strategy.

Thing that is bugging me about my ARK funds are that they have become so large - much more difficult to manage trades at that level and if the market takes a serious dump, they may close off redemptions to try and save things.

#10431 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I know a lot of folks follow her closely but I personally see Ark as a more flavor of the month type thing. We shall see.

#10432 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I know a lot of folks follow her closely but I personally see Ark as a more flavor of the month type thing. We shall see.

Publishing her positions daily makes it awfully easy for hedge funds to gang up and teach her a lesson.

#10433 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Until the fed steps in and starts lowering the curve on longer term stuff - and yes it will happen unless they want to declare insolvency...

The minute they try look for rapid losses. Unforunately, they can't control this and Sell signals will balloon.

#10434 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Publishing her positions daily makes it awfully easy for hedge funds to gang up and teach her a lesson.

Had not thought of that. She is definitely in a tricky spot.

#10435 3 years ago

If the 10 year goes above where it is now and breaks resistance in the 1.5/1.6 range, I think I may get out of the market completely for now. Technical indicators up until now have supported staying in, but the 10 year exploding higher is going to crush a lot of things since it was originally thought that it would be low all this year again. Only things I would consider holding would be things like Amazon, Apple, Google, etc.

#10436 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Rkt had a blow out quarter and is one of the few stocks heading up right now. Sold out the rest around 24 a few weeks ago but am a bug fan of what they are doing.

Nice special dividend! $1.11 per share

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rocket-mortgage-rides-housing-boom-222656070.html

#10437 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

No technical analysis but I really like Paypal long term. Its becomming a huge bank in its own and is now ahead on crypto. Tons of online transactions and a place many might feel safer to buy crypto on. I think Im going to buy this dip.

#10438 3 years ago

Nice! Hey @isochronic_frost, you still have your RKT shares you were cursing me for?

#10439 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

No technical analysis but I really like Paypal long term. Its becomming a huge bank in its own and is now ahead on crypto. Tons of online transactions and a place many might feel safer to buy crypto on. I think Im going to buy this dip.

Pypl was a motley fool recco today. I bought some.

#10440 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

lol... I sold my position last week also
was wondering if you were still holding

#10441 3 years ago

lol... I sold my position last week also
was wondering if you were still holding

RKT turned out to be an awesome, awesome trade for me. They had blow out earnings but it sounds like the whole loan origination space might be in for a tougher year going forward. Will always keep in on my radar screen but if you are looking to get out, this is probably a good time.

#10442 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Nice! Hey isochronic_frost, you still have your RKT shares you were cursing me for?

I’m still sitting on mine!

#10443 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I’m still sitting on mine!

Depending on where you are in the trade, you might consider exiting after the dividend payment.

#10444 3 years ago

Well I spent all of the cash I had ready for the fall...probably time to just buckle down and HODL for about a year of (hopefully) ups and downs. That will take a lot of willpower as I have been trading so actively for the past year. I have approximately equal holdings in: LTC, GAIN, EPD, MFCSF, AMD, NOC, PYPL, NTDOY, ATVI, ALL, NFLX, PSTH, YUM, IDXX, WBA, DKNG, AMZN, GE, PINS, FSLY, AAPL, BABA, FVRR, CRWD, POSH, PLTR, ZM, CCIV, WOOF. I also have about 7x as much in WMT. Overall I am down about 7% right now and expecting it to drop more in the near future. Thankfully I don't need this money any time soon.

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Well I spent all of the cash I had ready for the fall...probably time to just buckle down and HODL for about a year of (hopefully) ups and downs. That will take a lot of willpower as I have been trading so actively for the past year. I have approximately equal holdings in: LTC, GAIN, EPD, MFCSF, AMD, NOC, PYPL, NTDOY, ATVI, ALL, NFLX, PSTH, YUM, IDXX, WBA, DKNG, AMZN, GE, PINS, FSLY, AAPL, BABA, FVRR, CRWD, POSH, PLTR, ZM, CCIV, WOOF. I also have about 7x as much in WMT. Overall I am down about 7% right now and expecting it to drop more in the near future. Thankfully I don't need this money any time soon.

These are all great choices IMO.

#10446 3 years ago

Bought a little more MAC today. Might just sip a few shares every 2 weeks for the next few months. Seems like it’s happy to go sideways for a while. Trying to load up (but have to do it slowly) and see how it looks after they raise the div. hopefully that will happen just a little in Q3. It certainly won’t for Q2.

#10447 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

These are all great choices IMO.

Thanks, it is a pretty even mixture of:
- My own choices
- High dividends
- Motley Fool recs
- Picks I got from this forum

#10448 3 years ago

Picked up some more POSH PLTR

#10449 3 years ago

Has anyone heard of Know Labs - KNWN?

#10450 3 years ago

Fisker FSR price raised to $40 by Morgan Stanley

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/209?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.