Topic Stats

• 10,600 posts - Hot topic!
  • 409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Lounge
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 497 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0191 (resized).PNG
50F31D00-E080-4DB4-83D4-B00EA2A1FE84 (resized).jpeg
hans brinker (resized).jpg
2b02ewx (resized).jpg
Tom Lee FSI BLAST COVID-19 UPDATE COVID-19 case reverse progress as 7D delta now positive = questionable.  Technology and Heal (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
turnaround tuesday.gif
E67F90BF-CBCA-48BE-9592-620B252427CA (resized).jpeg
E2CE643F-5CE8-4E02-955A-8ECE6E13EC03 (resized).jpeg
R53b1d4f7e6d78a3578f39ade8da310c9 (resized).jpeg
market (resized).jpg
151F21A8-4D96-432E-A4F2-CF252F0B5F3A (resized).jpeg
2021-02-18t10-37-17 (resized).png
3B7A07DD-55D7-46E2-8129-4281D4EEFFBD (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
f1603d7 (resized).jpg

There are 10600 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 212.
#10251 7 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I'm down 33% today... so far. But, I'm still up for the month!

Holy cow, maybe you need to diversify slightly
My portfolio is down 2.37%

#10252 7 days ago

Bought more PINS, AAPL and STPK on that dip. Great buying day, if you have the nerve to do it. Those are my longs, so no worries.

#10253 7 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Holy cow, maybe you need to diversify slightly
My portfolio is down 2.37%

Only 25% now... but just to clarify that is the day trading fund. Most everything in sensible ETFs and mutual funds.

#10254 7 days ago

A bunch of my stuff was down 5-15% and I was down 3.2% overall. I went to see one patient and come back 20 minutes later to see those same holdings down 2-8% and down 1.8% overall. Seems like it will be a volatile day but I am still guessing an impressive overall downward trend.

#10255 7 days ago

well shit, that dip lasted all of about 20 minutes.

#10256 7 days ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Bought more PINS, AAPL and STPK on that dip. Great buying day, if you have the nerve to do it. Those are my longs, so no worries.

I just bought more AAPL, GNOG, PLTR, AMD, and FSLY. This was a gift today. Plenty of capital left to go buy more when I need to. Set it and forget it.

#10257 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I just bought more AAPL, GNOG, PLTR, AMD, and FSLY. This was a gift today. Plenty of capital left to go buy more when I need to. Set it and forget it.

Just jumped back into PLTR @ $25.99, figured it was a good entry point.

#10258 7 days ago

Do your own diligence, but AMD at these levels is a gift. Down from 99 to low 80's. They are eating Intel's lunch and have so many avenues of growth.

#10259 7 days ago

I just bought 5k each of PLTR, POSH, AMD, and WOOF.

I am holding 100k cash right now that I am expecting to be out of by the end of the week. This should be fun.

#10260 7 days ago

Only 25% now... but just to clarify that is the day trading fund. Most everything in sensible ETFs and mutual funds.

Screw it... sold off my other day trade holdings and went all in on CCIV. Now cost averaged in at 30.34 a share.

#10261 7 days ago

Added more to my PLTR, UPWK and AMD positions.

#10262 7 days ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Holy crap, that dip didn't last long. This is the part I hate about stocks. It seems that the last few years you have to basically be sitting on it to catch anything.

#10263 7 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Holy crap, that dip didn't last long. This is the part I hate about stocks. It seems that the last few years you have to basically be sitting on it to catch anything.

Glad I was sitting in front of my computer when it happened! Love these shopping opportunities!

#10264 7 days ago

This is just red days in the market. Crash this ain't.

#10265 7 days ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Glad I was sitting in front of my computer when it happened! Love these shopping opportunities!

Same. Was actually on a call with my broker and he had a big trade go off on AMD while we were talking. Hopped on that bandwagon.

Set your buy points and if they go off, congrats. I am also a fan of stops and trailing stops. The past year I have been off the road so I have been able to pay more attention to minute by minute things. When we get back to normal, I will be in facilities most of the time and can not have my phone. I look forward to that.

#10266 7 days ago

Thanks to iceman44, I look at days like these as opportunities to add to my longer term positions because they are on "sale". It's completely changed my mindset on red days for the better.

#10267 7 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks to iceman44, I look at days like these as opportunities to add to my longer term positions because they are on "sale". It's completely changed my mindset on red days for the better.

These are the days where you setup to make money.

The greatest thing that shifted my mindset about investing and money was an ad that I saw in Kipplinger's 7-10 years ago. It asked "Are you saving for a rainy day or a sunny tomorrow?" This hit me like a thunderbolt. I actually lost sleep for a few nights contemplating this. If you get your head around this concept it will change your life.

#10268 7 days ago

Maybe I need more patience. Now I bought $5k of each PINS, FVRR, WOOF, PLTR, POSH, AMD, CCIV, and ZM. AMD and CCIV were new to me; the rest I already had holdings in.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm watching Wal-Mart. It's my APPL and I think it is a bargain now and will be even better over the next few days. I will likely add a large increase in my position to it this week.

#10269 7 days ago

I remember the days where you would check the paper for stock prices. Those were different times where you would see you just lost your profits and have to call your broker to sell your positions, so individual investors really got screwed.

#10270 7 days ago

Anyone get in on C3 Ai? I loaded up @$111. More PLTR and PSTH. Was hoping to get in on AirBnB and snowflake, still way to high.

#10271 7 days ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Maybe I need more patience.

Who knows, what we saw today could've been a dead cat bounce of a larger downtrend. Or just retail investors getting spooked, once again.

#10272 7 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Anyone get in on C3 Ai? I loaded up @$111. More PLTR and PSTH. Was hoping to get in on AirBnB and snowflake, still way to high.

C3.AI is still too high in my opinion.

#10273 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I feel the same way about PLTR, hype stocks. Wish I never bought any ETF's, the only reds in my portfolio... Better off picking my own stocks.

#10274 7 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I feel the same way about PLTR, hype stocks. Wish I never bought any ETF's, the only reds in my portfolio... Better off picking my own stocks.

I am in the big data/analytics arena and know both companies very well. In my opinion, PLTR has greater upside than C3.AI from a business perspective. PLTR is very well entrenched, especially in the Federal market sector. C3.AI has great bonafides, but is still trying to find their way in a very crowded market sector.

None of this has anything to do with stock price.

#10275 7 days ago

Tom Lee, FSinsight

STRATEGY: Is TICK -1400 signaling bottom? Anonymous Technician says TICK + TLT "green" = sign of capitulation

The market open today sure felt like a mini-"flash crash" with stocks universally gapping down big.

The ostensible reasons are:

- Fed speaking today and everyone worried about a rate eruption (rates surge)
- Tech has been underperforming while Epicenter is rising, and this is an awkward rotation

But still, big selling at the open.

I got this email from an anonymous technician, or AT. As many know, our beloved Rob Sluymer, formerly head of TA, is now a client at RBC.

See the comment below:

- TICK -1400 is a potential sign of capitulation
- TLT trading positive, opposite of rate eruption fear
- VIX after surging to 27, is now basically flat

STRATEGY: We are steady buyers as we see multiple supports for stocks... but stick with Epicenter... they are underowned... not crowded trades

#10276 7 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Very smart Wolf, make your target list that you have conviction on for the next 3-5 yrs and buy accordingly.

The fear and panic over interest rate spikes will subside soon enough. People are getting freaked out over the "re-opening" and how fast that is going to hit us, coupled with the absurd amount of stimulus will spike inflation. Powell says, "not to worry about that right now". Lol, okey dokey

I would still have that barbell approach. Long term growth holds and short term "epicenter" or in the ditch rotation plays.

#10277 7 days ago

XEC has their earnings call today - up big in anticipation

#10278 7 days ago

So whay are the "epicenter" plays?

#10280 7 days ago

Added some more silver mining today with AG

#10281 7 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

XEC has their earnings call today - up big in anticipation

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3664599-cimarex-energy-eps-beats-0_18-beats-on-revenue

Quoted from DadofTwins:

So whay are the "epicenter" plays?

XEC was one of them. SLB, PXD, HP, HFC, EOG in energy and many others in travel and industrial related. I've been buying those along with MGM, VICI, LVS, MAR, BKNG etc. Just bought more MAC today.

Commodity miners as an inflation hedge. BHP, VALE and RIO

I posted a link to the under valuation of energy stocks that Tom Lee sees based on $60 per barrel oil.

Vaccines are here, herd immunity, things are re-opening, planes, trains, automobiles and boats are coming this summer like it or not. Pent up demand. All of this = COMMON SENSE. Been saying for quite some time now.

#10282 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The last 2 days dips screwed me on AI. I am hesitant to buy down at this time. I'm averaged $135 and was making a nice profit. I was planning on dumping it in March. Now I'm down. BOOO.

#10283 7 days ago

Hey iceman44, surprised you did not have SABR in your recovery plays. Seems like it has broken out. I would think you would see SABR move before the airlines based upon how ticketing is done.

#10284 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just bought more MAC today.

Loaded up more last Thursday after ex-dividend date

I assure you at some point we shall crack open that Rémy Martin Louis XIII !

#10285 7 days ago

Looks like Oshkosh got the USPS contract. RIP to anyone still holding WKHS...down 50% on that news.

#10286 7 days ago

turnaround tuesday: markets on fire !

turnaround tuesday.gif
#10287 7 days ago

Wild day! Congrats to everybody that bought the dip this AM. We made money from where we bought and some things actually closed green for the day! Love days like this!

#10288 7 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Looks like Oshkosh got the USPS contract. RIP to anyone still holding WKHS...down 50% on that news.

As I've said, not too many bright bulbs at that place.

#10289 7 days ago

It's kind of annoying. I didn't miss the dip because I was right in front of my computer watching it happen, but I was trying to practice patience as so often my impatience comes around to bite me. But alas, trying to be patient to see if the dip continues ("don't try and catch a falling knife") is what costs me money today. sighhhh

Be patient, don't be patient, I never know what to do it seems sometimes. I guess that's what makes it fun too? It's kind of like the "just one more ball" feeling that you get from certain pinball machines.

#10290 7 days ago

Who is ready for there worst stock day ever. (<--- raises hand). Who will still be up for 2021 despite today's predicted bloodbath (<--- raises hand).
Day trading fund consists of:
CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

I'm down 33% today... so far. But, I'm still up for the month!

Screw it... sold off my other day trade holdings and went all in on CCIV. Now cost averaged in at 30.34 a share.

Down 29.5% for the day but still way up this month. As an aside this is my day trading account and most of our money is in sensible mutual funds and ETFs.

#10291 7 days ago

Now let’s see what happens with earnings this week for some of these high flyer techs.

I’m bearish for tdoc, bullish for jd

And psth announcement incoming? It’s anyone’s guess on that timing.

#10292 7 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

As I've said, not too many bright bulbs at that place.

I don't know about their commercial business, but Oshkosh defense is killing it on tactical vehicles. Will probably be hampered by current administrations defense budget, but might be a good long term look. That said, I've never researched their (or any other defense company) stock cause I can't own them

#10293 7 days ago
Quoted from pinlink:

It's kind of annoying. I didn't miss the dip because I was right in front of my computer watching it happen, but I was trying to practice patience as so often my impatience comes around to bite me. But alas, trying to be patient to see if the dip continues ("don't try and catch a falling knife") is what costs me money today. sighhhh
Be patient, don't be patient, I never know what to do it seems sometimes. I guess that's what makes it fun too? It's kind of like the "just one more ball" feeling that you get from certain pinball machines.

I understand your pain. That is why I go set either electronic or mental price targets on stocks and when they hit that area, go buy. It changes things like the dip today from a missed opportunity to a happy occurrence. But the key is having a plan ahead of time.

#10294 7 days ago

Down 29.5% for the day but still way up this month. As an aside this is my day trading account and most of our money is in sensible mutual funds and ETFs.

I bought CCIV at 42 and again at 37 today. It was my only holding purchased today that went down significantly overall.

WOOF, ZM, CRWD, POSH, FVRR, MAC, PLTR all fairly neutral.

AMD and PINS were up.

I have 75% in my day trading and 25% in my managed work 401K (which is also fairly aggressively invested) so I am pretty aggressive/risky in the market overall. But I'm also only 40 so I have a lot of time to deal with volatility and I have 5x as much in non-market investments.

How early did you guys get into investing in the stock market? I started at 37 and really wish I had started earlier. My parents started me off with $20k when I was 20 and I took it out and blew it on a car I didn't need, like a moron. Hopefully I can teach my kids to do better.

#10295 7 days ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

How early did you guys get into investing in the stock market? I started at 37 and really wish I had started earlier. My parents started me off with $20k when I was 20 and I took it out and blew it on a car I didn't need, like a moron. Hopefully I can teach my kids to do better.

At 20, when I got out of college and started my first job. I'm 43 now.

#10296 7 days ago
Quoted from MrExtrm:

I don't know about their commercial business, but Oshkosh defense is killing it on tactical vehicles. Will probably be hampered by current administrations defense budget, but might be a good long term look. That said, I've never researched their (or any other defense company) stock cause I can't own them

I was talking aboot WKHS. Oshkosh is a great Company.

In 1997, I was actually present at McNeilus (in Dodge Center, Minnesota) the day their acquisition was announced by Oshkosh Truck. Dennis McNeilus personally went out on the shop floor and assured all production employees that he was staying on to manage the business for at least two years and that unlike many corporation games, there would be no layoffs or other "synergy bullshit".

#10297 7 days ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I started investing in mutual funds in my early 20's, then moved on to stocks around my mid 20s. Wish I was maxing out my Roth IRA the whole time, but spent some time broke as fuck. Definitely wish I got was more involved with it, but went in ebbs and flows. Was thinking of starting a custodial account for my daughter and just putting money into and s and p index fund every month for her.

#10298 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey iceman44, surprised you did not have SABR in your recovery plays. Seems like it has broken out. I would think you would see SABR move before the airlines based upon how ticketing is done.

I see that. It looks like a great way to play the travel surge. $20 52 week high. I'm staying away from airlines.

BKNG is back to 52 week high. Pricey valuation for sure.

#10299 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

But the key is having a plan ahead of time.

Bingo. SNAP gave a little boost to PINS today. And the "Microsoft put" is firmly in place.

But....if anyone is scared short-term, the market just gave you another chance to get out.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3664325-snap-rises-as-morgan-stanley-boosts-to-overweight-on-engagement-gains

#10300 7 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Do your own diligence, but AMD at these levels is a gift. Down from 99 to low 80's. They are eating Intel's lunch and have so many avenues of growth.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. My play account is small (and not really focused on 'buy and hold') so I was only able to grab a couple of shares, but I plan to accumulate more on dips whenever I can.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Port Richey, FL
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 1,248.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 25.50
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 24.50
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,399.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 10600 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 212.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside