200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 420.
#10201 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think where you live makes a huge difference. In South Dakota, where we have had very little in the way of government mandates, life has been changed to a small degree. Many people are wearing masks in stores like Wal-Mart and offices (many are not), but they and restaurants are still busy; we have sporting events, malls, and movie theaters still open. We just had an indoor stock show in town a couple weeks that was packed full of people and an indoor rodeo that was also packed. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally went by with no appreciable increase in cases. That is why so many people are moving to SD, FL, and TX where they can live without this "new normal" BS. I think most people are wanting things to go back to the way they were prior to March 2020 but unfortunately far too many people are irrationally scared and falsely believe that the mostly ineffective lockdowns, masking, and social distancing is the right thing to do. I can only hope that as more people discover the truth of what a massive overreaction this all was that it will go back to being weird when you ARE wearing a mask at Wal-Mart, as it should be. I don't need to go to the theater because I have a much nicer one in my basement, but I have continued to go to grocery stores, department stores, home improvement stores, sporting goods stores, book stores, electronics stores, etc during this entire past year and I want to continue to do so. And I know I am not alone because there are a whole bunch of other people there every time I do. I didn't really go to sport events or concerts before but I could see how they could be affected more, just like movies. With as good as streaming has become along with the insanely cheap, huge TVs you can now buy, theaters might very well be in trouble without some massive innovation to elevate the theater going experience.

I hope not. I am a physician and will find a new path if I have to wear a stupid mask for the rest of my career.

Yea as a medical device rep that has been doing my business by webex the last year I agree. Its hard to connect with customers remotely and build lasting relationships. Also many of my customers are my friends and I just want to shake hands/hug sit down and talk to them. Heres hoping that two vaccinated individuals can sit in a room and talk to eachother without a mask even inside a hospital.

#10202 3 years ago

On a lighter note my stock lost me
$35,531 today
I think I’ll take a trip to TX see if can get a free lunch out of ICE MAN

E2CE643F-5CE8-4E02-955A-8ECE6E13EC03 (resized).jpegE2CE643F-5CE8-4E02-955A-8ECE6E13EC03 (resized).jpeg
#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just listened to an interview by their CEO. I could probably listen to that dude read the phone book. Great voice. Seemed very steady and was resolute that they’ll bounce back. My parents are big time cruisers and while I haven’t discussed it with them, I figure they’ll be back at it once considered safe.

My parents are about a week out from their second shot. They are already looking into their next cruise.

There was no amount of money the cruise lines could have offered to entice them to get on a boat last year. Now though, they are looking to spend last year’s cruise money along with this year’s. Elbowing to get on the first thing resembling full service cruising.

Anecdotal I know, but still.

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

$35,531 today
[quoted image]

Which stock was that? Did you sell?

#10205 3 years ago

I plan to take a cruise when this is all over. Probably not immediately, but I really like traveling that way. Anyone that's been on a cruise knows how conscious crews are about hygiene. That was true before this, so I'm betting there will be some more stringent practices after they're able to get their fleets moving again.

But who knows when that will be. Even if the US allows them to start moving again, theres no guarantee that theyll be welcome at all their regular ports. I'd guess it will be quite a while before they're back to 100% operations.

Fwiw, I've been on a Carnival and a Norweigan cruise. I much preferred Norweigan. So much so that I doubt I'll consider a different line for my next booking, and definitely not the main Carnival line.

#10206 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Do you think politics affect stocks? I am interpreting this statement to mean you don't. Curious.

I say let em make their bets accordingly and see what happens

#10207 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

$35,531 today
[quoted image]

Come on down brother! Anytime

If people don’t think that stocks won’t go down, they will, maybe even a lot further, then some might be better off in cash

Volatility is part of the game and it’s gonna have some big tree shaking days and months

It’s what you do with the volatility that counts.

I realize most of what’s going on here is day trading pops so what i say is mostly meaningless

I invest for the long term. Buy and hold and buy more when what I have conviction in goes on sale.

The right side of the barbell, energy, travel etc was up big today. Shorter term

Pay attention. Been saying interest rates and the speed of their rise are gonna rock the tech growth boat big time

Settle down, take a breath and buckle up

#10208 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Don’t you have some prepping you need to go do, grey man? Do you even buy stocks?

Full up on the preps DB. Made no secret I'm back in at 19K. Yeah, don't think I will have to wait very long.
But been wrong before.

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:Which stock was that? Did you sell?

Was it CCIV? Took it in the shorts post market

#10211 3 years ago

Completely not stock related...but this weekend during cleaning out closets for redecorating, the wife found a sealed copy of Mario Kart 64. That should more than make up for this weeks losses.

#10212 3 years ago

I know cryptos aren’t allowed here but I thought this was funny as shit!

E67F90BF-CBCA-48BE-9592-620B252427CA (resized).jpegE67F90BF-CBCA-48BE-9592-620B252427CA (resized).jpeg
#10213 3 years ago

Why are you still using Robinhood?
That’s the real joke here.

#10214 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I know cryptos aren’t allowed here but I thought this was funny as shit! [quoted image]

just like stocks crypto go up and down. its already recovered a bit.

#10215 3 years ago

Glad to see XOM finally moving.

#10216 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Why are you still using Robinhood?
That’s the real joke here.

I got fidelity now! I have long term stock at RH and need to do the transfer. Soon, very soon

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just like stocks crypto go up and down. its already recovered a bit.

I meant all of them look exactly the same. The charts

#10218 3 years ago

“There is no such thing as the right strategy for everyone, the key is finding the right strategy based on your own needs.

However, the point is that short-term volatility should not be feared but even embraced. If you have a long-term horizon of 3-5 years, and you have the cash to buy on dips, short-term declines in high-quality stocks are actually buying opportunities to maximize your gains going forward.

Investing For The Long Term

Think about that for a second. The numbers show that even the best possible investing strategy, one that makes spectacular returns in the long term, would have massive drawdowns from time to time, and it can significantly underperform the market in some years.

Unless you are willing to tolerate the ups and downs and stick with your strategy over the long term, then you can't expect to achieve attractive returns in the market. Patience is not only a virtue but even a necessity when it comes to investing.”

I know, it’s a tough pill to swallow because instant gratification feels so good!

You make emotional decisions out of fear or greed and you are guaranteed to fail.

#10219 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

But, with wide vaccine distribution, do you think Americans will suddenly feel comfortable being around people again? Do you think they will come back to restaurants, theaters, theme parks and hotels in the numbers they used to?

This American already feels comfortable and has been doing all of these things since June even if I had to go to other states or on Tribal Land which has their own rules.

#10220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“There is no such thing as the right strategy for everyone, the key is finding the right strategy based on your own needs.
However, the point is that short-term volatility should not be feared but even embraced. If you have a long-term horizon of 3-5 years, and you have the cash to buy on dips, short-term declines in high-quality stocks are actually buying opportunities to maximize your gains going forward.
Investing For The Long Term
Think about that for a second. The numbers show that even the best possible investing strategy, one that makes spectacular returns in the long term, would have massive drawdowns from time to time, and it can significantly underperform the market in some years.
Unless you are willing to tolerate the ups and downs and stick with your strategy over the long term, then you can't expect to achieve attractive returns in the market. Patience is not only a virtue but even a necessity when it comes to investing.”
I know, it’s a tough pill to swallow because instant gratification feels so good!
You make emotional decisions out of fear or greed and you are guaranteed to fail.

This is so true! By the way, What's considered a bear market and what would be the difference between it and a temporary dip in the market?

#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This American already feels comfortable and has been doing all of these things since June even if I had to go to other states or on Tribal Land which has their own rules.

What's that have to do with investing and the stock market?

#10222 3 years ago

Trying to decide if it’s time to buy more AAPL. I bought some more in the low $130s since it seemed like a good buying opportunity but it keeps dropping. I guess it’s time to buy more since I don’t plan on selling for a very long time.

#10223 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Trying to decide if it’s time to buy more AAPL. I bought some more in the low $130s since it seemed like a good buying opportunity but it keeps dropping. I guess it’s time to buy more since I don’t plan on selling for a very long time.

If it's a long term hold there's no reason to sweat $125 vs $120. Just set it and forget it.

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What's that have to do with investing and the stock market?

I think it’s implying that there will be more consumer confidence to support businesses and the economy, meaning that certain stocks will recover.

#10226 3 years ago

Buckle up, ladies and gents.... today is looking ugly.

#10227 3 years ago

The Canadian banks continue to make record profits. I guess with all of these unemployed people, there is no need to increase loan loss accruals? I guess all of these closed businesses are continuing to pay their rents. Don't get it. Reminds me of the Big Short.

https://www.reuters.com/article/banknova-results-idUSL4N2KS46M

https://www.reuters.com/article/bmo-results/bank-of-montreal-beats-quarterly-profit-estimates-idUSL4N2KT2DH

#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Buckle up, ladies and gents.... today is looking ugly.

Who is ready for there worst stock day ever. (<--- raises hand). Who will still be up for 2021 despite today's predicted bloodbath (<--- raises hand).

Day trading fund consists of:
CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE

Good luck!

#10229 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Who is ready for there worst stock day ever. (<--- raises hand). Who will still be up for 2021 despite today's predicted bloodbath (<--- raises hand).
CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

I've been sitting out with almost entirely cash since Friday. Maybe I can get some deals while things are on sale this week.

#10230 3 years ago

CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

I don't follow CCIV but what happened? Down 35% pre-market, crazy.

#10231 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't follow CCIV but what happened? Down 35% pre-market, crazy.

People were paying $60 for $10 in cash and the hopes Lucid was worth a fortune. The final deal came through and it wasn't valued nearly what people were wishing for.

#10232 3 years ago

CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

Far from the worst stock day every.
I make the most money in the market when others are running for the door
I sold the SPACS I owned - way too much unbridled enthusiasm

#10233 3 years ago

CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

Ha! This is amateur hour. I got burned big-time on October 16 & 19, 1987. Think about it. No Internet. Just phone lies to brokerages. No cell phones for "Johnny Clock Punchers" like me.
Real brokerage firms. Only a few disCOuNt brokers back then. A fee each way on trades. Big fees in many cases.

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've been sitting out with almost entirely cash since Friday. Maybe I can get some deals while things are on sale this week.

I wonder how the Tesla flock us spinning the downward trend?

Hold the phone; "Tesla Joy" and "Elon's Brain" are tweeting responses....

#10235 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

People were paying $60 for $10 in cash and the hopes Lucid was worth a fortune. The final deal came through and it wasn't valued nearly what people were wishing for.

Pretty close. I'm in at 23.33 so I'm still up 50% on it in a month so not a bad bet. The value of the SPAC was 10$ a share, and it shot up on rumours of a merger with LUCID, which turned out to be true. However, CCIV was buying a percentage of LUCID with the 2 billion it had. If LUCID was worth 10 billion, CCIV would own 20% of the company. The rumor was that it was going to be valued at 10-15 billion so Lucid would own 13-20% of LUCID. When the deal was announced, they had added PIPE funding so CCIV now owned 2/24ths of LUCID, or about 8% of the company. So each share individual share is now a much smaller fraction of the LUCID pie. I still like the stock and would throw more at it if I had it.

#10236 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder how the Tesla flock us spinning the downward trend?
Hold the phone; "Tesla Joy" and "Elon's Brain" are tweeting responses....

Knowing TSLA, it will finish green today. ARK bought yesterday and I'd bet they buy more today with the big drop.

I think it's worth about 1/10 what the stock is at, but value doesn't matter with this one.

#10237 3 years ago

10am is the key...if Powell says what everyone is expecting him to say, going to be another big red day.

#10238 3 years ago

I've changed my mind on a lot of stocks, had Ride, Pins, blackberry, fubo at various points, all down big since I sold them. If I was more stubborn about my opinion I would have lost a lot of money. Having said that indecision has cost me plenty. But at the end of the day I am not a stock expert, I don't do this for a living, I'm willing to find out I am wrong, though I should probably better evaluate some stocks before buying them, but it is what it is.

Though I grant that these short term drops say little about the long term futures of these conpanies/stocks.

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

10am is the key...if Powell says what everyone is expecting him to say, going to be another big red day.

What is that?

#10240 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

opened a small position on LYV today @ $72.15
Betting on concerts coming back huge this summer - tremendous pent up demand

This has been a good call, wish I had jumped in sooner

#10242 3 years ago

Looking back at the NASDAQ before the big drop last March, its all time high was around 9,650 in Feb 2020. So one year later, we are now sitting at 13,000, up 35% from the previous highs. So realistically there hasn't been a huge drop in the market over the last couple days. I'm not sure what has justified the 35% increase from last February?

#10243 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

This has been a good call, wish I had jumped in sooner

It was...I recommended it to a few people based on your post..Should have played it myself but already had alot of exposure in entertainment and travel.

#10244 3 years ago

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/22/investing/gamestop-financial-transaction-tax/index.html

Thoughts? Would especially like to hear from professional traders like ICE.

#10245 3 years ago

CCIV
GNOG
PINS
SPCE
Good luck!

I'm down 33% today... so far. But, I'm still up for the month!

#10246 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Knowing TSLA, it will finish green today. ARK bought yesterday and I'd bet they buy more today with the big drop.
I think it's worth about 1/10 what the stock is at, but value doesn't matter with this one.

I'm quite happy I sold mine on Friday. I think it will be even lower at the close today. The TSLAmillionaires have no clue how markets work. Their "I will never sell" mentality that they boast proves it.

#10247 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

If it's a long term hold there's no reason to sweat $125 vs $120. Just set it and forget it.

Agree, my order just executed at $122.

#10248 3 years ago

I am holding 20% in cash right now, waiting to get in on what feels like the bottom. Today seems early. I think there is further to fall. What are others thinking of doing?

#10249 3 years ago

I just bought another 100 shares of CNSP on the current dip around 2.55. That brings my position to 200 shares at 3.01. The target on this is still (according to some prognosticators) in the $9-$10 range longer term. it spiked to $4.50 (and $6 in after hours for a minute) 2 weeks ago.

I am still holding 100 of OGI. having a hard time watching that one continue to trail down, wondering if I need to just cut bait but this seems like the wrong time to do that.

#10250 3 years ago

I was pretty lucky when I bought in and cash out of my weed stocks this past month. Really keeping this month in the green after the last few days. I took a few other L's and made my YOLO account about 35% cash for now. Don't even want to look at my long term positions right now, but I'll look to do some shopping with the YOLO wins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/205?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.