Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 421.
#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ark ETF makes a bold move on PLTR. 5 Million shares to their flagship ETF.
[quoted image]

That's very bold, already up over $26. Should have bought more, dam!

Anyone seen Ice in Texas? hope all is well. Didn't know it was that bad down there, need more windmills.

#10052 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That's very bold, already up over $26. Should have bought more, dam!
Anyone heard from Ice? Hope all is well down in Texas, didn't know it was that bad down there. Need more windmills.

With their 1.5 million buy a couple days ago, it was obvious they'd buy more if it dropped again. That's what they always seem to do with their favorite positions. That was a big buy though. Almost $27 in after hours.

#10055 3 years ago

Thanks foe the clarification. Interesting that they did only a 3 month lockup as opposed to 6.

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think all 3 of these have past already

C3.ai was 3 months as well? I guess no more lock ups to look forward to.

#10057 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:Anyone heard from Ice? Hope all is well in Texas, didn't know it was that bad down there.

C3.ai was 3 months as well? I guess no more lock ups to look forward to.

https://www.marketbeat.com/instant-alerts/nyse-ai-lockup-expiration-2021-01/

#10058 3 years ago

Damn late to the party. Classic me.

#10059 3 years ago

Now that PLTR lockup is done we can get ready for the uninhibited ride upwards. Now if only I would have bought more on 11/6/20 at $13.97 but long term won’t matter and I’m happy for my ARKK investment to lead the way also.

#10060 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Crazily disjointed right now with the 5 minute limits, the constant audio/video challenges, and congress individuals trying to support their position regardless of how their questions are answered.
Highlight was when Roaring Kitty ended his opening statement with I like the stock...classic.
Edit: Never listened to him before, but Ga(R) Barry Loudermilk is a smart reasonable dude. Has been the only reasonable sounding politician.

Most of it was just concerning how clueless congress is. One individual asked is RH has the ability to search reddit to make sure people investing on their platform were making sound investments

#10061 3 years ago

Is it expected to go up now? It had a nice post market run.

#10062 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Now that PLTR lockup is done we can get ready for the uninhibited ride upwards. Now if only I would have bought more on 11/6/20 at $13.97 but long term won’t matter and I’m happy for my ARKK investment to lead the way also.

When did you buy into Arkk? if you don't mind me asking.

#10063 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

When did you buy into Arkk? if you don't mind me asking.

For me. I've had Arkk for about 6 months. My ear doctor drives a Tesla and we talk about his car, the stock and he mentioned this ETF. HE told me how great the fund manager was. Bought 200 shares. Now I read about the fund manager and how great she is....My 2 ETFs are ARKK and BLOK.

#10064 3 years ago

Bought more PLTR, PINS abs DKNG today. We will see what happens

#10065 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

For me. I've had Arkk for about 6 months. My ear doctor drives a Tesla and we talk about his car, the stock and he mentioned this ETF. HE told me how great the fund manager was. Bought 200 shares. Now I read about the fund manager and how great she is....My 2 ETFs are ARKK and BLOK.

Nice! bought some on the dip...wish I was 6 months in, lol

#10066 3 years ago

I do find it amusing that according to the news:

wsb + gme = bad

Ark + pltr = good

Made money both ways, so my wallet doesn’t mind.

#10067 3 years ago

Just got in on ARKK as well. Yeah, I am late to the party, but I don't think it will matter long term.

#10068 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Most of it was just concerning how clueless congress is. One individual asked is RH has the ability to search reddit to make sure people investing on their platform were making sound investments

Or the one from Texas that kept calling Citadel, Site a dale, and though they owned the clearing house.

#10069 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Or the one from Texas that kept calling Citadel, Site a dale, and though they owned the clearing house.

That was the first one I heard when I got in the car to go home. Made me question how I was saying it....

#10070 3 years ago

added some FLO & KMB
These are not going to double in 3 months or even a year, but both good staple companies that pay a divided and help round out a portfolio

#10071 3 years ago

I think I missed the $25 buy back in for PLTR, picked some up at $28.50 this morning. Planning on buying more if it drops again.

#10072 3 years ago

Anybody else still riding SABR with me? PLTR is not the only stock up 13% today.

#10073 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think I missed the $25 buy back in for PLTR, picked some up at $28.50 this morning. Planning on buying more if it drops again.

Sell some puts, make some money while you wait for it to drop.

#10074 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Sell some puts, make some money while you wait for it to drop.

This is the way.

#10075 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else still riding SABR with me? PLTR is not the only stock up 13% today.

Yes sir, still holding 1000 shares.

#10076 3 years ago

Thoughts on MJ?

#10077 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yes sir, still holding 1000 shares.

Good man! I still have my 4K tranche. Let's let this baby run some!

#10078 3 years ago

I sold part of my position in STKS a couple days ago. It was at its highest ever and you know, pandemic + restaurants=bad. Nope, up to a new high today.

#10079 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I sold part of my position in STKS a couple days ago. It was at its highest ever and you know, pandemic + restaurants=bad. Nope, up to a new high today.

The optimism in some of those sectors is a little crazy to me. I've been watching LYV. They weren't a profitable business BEFORE the pandemic and they also hit an all time high this week. I tried to get in on a low potential loss bear credit spread for July but couldn't get filled. I'll watch again next week.

#10080 3 years ago

I feel like CCIV is way over price right now. Even if the lucid thing is true, I’m not seeing the value. Am I missing something? Or is this a “buy the hype, sell the news” thing.

#10081 3 years ago

Deepfuckingvalue doubles his GameStop shares Friday before close.

#10082 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Deepfuckingvalue doubles his GameStop shares Friday before close.

Gawd why? I'm impressed he held this long, I would have sold half, most or all of it once it broke $300 and retired on the 14 million. Dude definitely likes the attention.

#10083 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Dude definitely likes the attention

He is set for life, a straight up legend. He can sell merch and live off of whatever reddit fame he has accrued.

#10084 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Gawd why? I'm impressed he held this long, I would have sold half, most or all of it once it broke $300 and retired on the 14 million. Dude definitely likes the attention.

What's it really worth? I mean it's down under $3 billion market cap now. That seems reasonable. Maybe a little high. I've avoided it, but I'm grabbing 200 here and selling covered calls Monday at open. We'll see what happens.

#10085 3 years ago

It does seem like he is seeking fame, otherwise he genuinely thought it would go up higher, it did rise and drop ridiculously quickly.

He does deserve credit for being who most people on wsb credit for being the first person who pushed gametop as a good buy. Regardless of not selling at the top.

#10086 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

It does seem like he is seeking fame, otherwise he genuinely thought it would go up higher, it did rise and drop ridiculously quickly.
He does deserve credit for being who most people on wsb credit for being the first person who pushed gametop as a good buy. Regardless of not selling at the top.

If I remember correctly, he pulled out $14 million at one point and then held the rest.

#10087 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I feel like CCIV is way over price right now. Even if the lucid thing is true, I’m not seeing the value. Am I missing something? Or is this a “buy the hype, sell the news” thing.

Not sure... I'm in at 23.23 so I'm gravy. Institutions have been buying it up left and right to the point they are at 55% plus institutional ownership as of this week. If it goes to Lucid... people think it may be the best competitor for TESLA long term. It could go back to PAR at 10$ overnight, but if it goes Lucid it will pop past 80 instantly. If there is no merger by Tuesday next week it will start slowly bleeding off.

#10088 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not sure... I'm in at 23.23 so I'm gravy. Institutions have been buying it up left and right to the point they are at 55% plus institutional ownership as of this week. If it goes to Lucid... people think it may be the best competitor for TESLA long term. It could go back to PAR at 10$ overnight, but if it goes Lucid it will pop past 80 instantly. If there is no merger by Tuesday next week it will start slowly bleeding off.

I don’t really get the lucid hype. They are behind other EV manufacturers and appear to not have anything unique or proprietary that they are doing that I’ve seen. They are even using another manufacturer’s charging stations.

#10089 3 years ago

So everyone’s holding pltr until at least $40 right? Or is $35 more realistic?

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I must have tissue hands. I'd be happy with $30

#10091 3 years ago

Michael Burry sold all his GameStop stocks before the big gains.

#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I must have tissue hands. I'd be happy with $30

Well it’s almost there in after hours

#10093 3 years ago

Well it’s almost there in after hours

Sweet. My gains are pretty much maxed at that price. I sold covered calls and kept extending them out. Now they expire 3/5, so I'd like the stock to stay around here for two weeks unless I close out early. I booked about $1000 profit on the calls I closed out already, but I'd lose about $500 if I closed out Monday morning on the remaining position. As the premium decays, that should turn into an extra $500 profit instead of $500 loss if the stock stays above 28. Also sold some $26 puts I'd profit on or double my position with if they get exercised.

#10094 3 years ago

I REALLY wish I could wrap my mind around how all of this works. Seems like you are making a killing every week, whether it's straight up trades or the more complicated scenarios like you describe here.

Quoted from loneacer:

Sweet. My gains are pretty much maxed at that price. I sold covered calls and kept extending them out. Now they expire 3/5, so I'd like the stock to stay around here for two weeks unless I close out early. I booked about $1000 profit on the calls I closed out already, but I'd lose about $500 if I closed out Monday morning on the remaining position. As the premium decays, that should turn into an extra $500 profit instead of $500 loss if the stock stays above 28. Also sold some $26 puts I'd profit on or double my position with if they get exercised.

#10095 3 years ago

Ha send me a PM in five years I’ll probably still own it. I’ll just keep adding to my pile.

#10096 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I REALLY wish I could wrap my mind around how all of this works. Seems like you are making a killing every week, whether it's straight up trades or the more complicated scenarios like you describe here.

I wouldn't say that, but it's doing ok for me since I started doing it towards the end of last year. Different personalities trade different ways. Buy and hold just doesn't fit for me, but neither does daytrading and watching every tick. Other people here say how they buy something at 20 and now it's at 60. I just try to capture 5-10% moves with position sizes of $10k-20k. If I can average $1k/profit a week I'm happy. I spent 20 years failing at trading while it seemed everybody else was getting rich. I'm up about 40k in 4 months since I started using calls and puts with all my stock positions. It gives me a buffer if I guess wrong on which way a stock is going to go, but it also limits gains. I'm ok with that. It's working now, but whenever you think you win the game, they change the rules.

#10097 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Here's roughly what I did on PLTR:

On 2/17, it had already fallen a bunch and ARK had just bought in, so I thought it was a good buy.

I bought 500 shares at 28, but sold 5 $28 calls that would expire on 2/19 for $1.70 each. If I held them for two days, that meant I'd profit $1.70 x 500, or $850 as long as the stock ended the week anywhere over $28. Even if it was $50, I could only make $850 because I'd be forced to sell at $28.

If the stock was below 28, the $1.70 per share meant it could fall as low as $26.30 without me losing anything.

It fell to around $26.50 and the calls quickly dropped in value to like $0.40, so I bought them back, making $1.30 * 500 = $650 on that portion of the trade (but my shares were down $1.50 so I was down $750 on them and down overall).

I immediately sold 5 more $28 calls expiring a week later (2/26). They were worth $1.33. The stock proceeded to keep dropping to $25 and those calls dropped to $0.80 like an hour after I sold them. Good enough for me, so I bought those back for a quick ($0.53 * 500) gain.

So I'm chasing the stock down with the options, keeping the original shares, but sort of lowering the basis with each option trade. I immediately sold 5 more calls. This time $27 strike expiring 3/9 for $1.71 each. My thought process on that is that I've already recorded $900+ in gains and if the stock is above $27 on 3/9, I'll be forced to sell at $27 ($1 less than I paid), but the $1.71 effectively means I'm getting $28.71 on them and making another $350 profit.

So if the stock is at $27 on 3/9, I'm out with a $1250 overall gain, even though I initially bought the shares at $28.

If the stock keeps going down, I keep booking profits on the option sales and chasing it down with more options. The only thing I'm doing is losing time. If the stock starts going up, I just wait out the clock, take my profits, and move on to the next trade.

The biggest risk on this strategy would be if the stock moved down like 50% overnight because of bad earnings or something. Then it would move too fast for me to keep up with.

Hopefully that makes sense. I majored in computer science and minored in math and physics. I was really into probability and statistics and this kind if trading seems to resonate with that for me.

#10098 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Do you own the underlying, or are you running calendars/diagonals?

#10099 3 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. Makes some more sense. It definitely seems like you need to be able to consistently monitor the market to make sure you are on top of everything. I am unable to do that though.

#10100 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Do you own the underlying, or are you running calendars/diagonals?

On this strategy I buy the shares and sell the calls. I know you can do more complicated things like call spreads and potentially make more with less on directional moves, but I try to keep it simple.

I feel like the market is way too high, so I'm probably 80% in cash at all times, using the other 20% for these trades that typically last a few days to a month tops.

I've been doing just the opposite on stocks that I feel are too high and worth shorting. I'll short 100 shares at say $150, and sell a $150 put for $5-10. That buys me $5-10 of protection if the short goes against me, but limits the gains to $5-10 as well. Those have burned me a bit on short squeezes in PTON and SNOW, but I kept using the same strategy of closing/reopening options and waiting for the squeeze to finish out and the stock to drop back. This is a bit more dangerous. If I'd done it with Gamestop, it would have crushed me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.