IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 420.
#10001 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Buying PLTR and FSLY today.

FSLY looks like lots of negative ratings on my Ameritrade profile. Down 9. Good entry point?

#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yes, in it for the long run.

Good luck, while aspects of the stock look promising, they can easily just r/s to get on nasdaq at their current price and it felt a bit too much like the gme crowd trying to recreate magic due to the short interest. But I really don't know what I am talking about usually stock wise so what do I know.

#10003 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

FSLY looks like lots of negative ratings on my Ameritrade profile. Down 9. Good entry point?

Look at how much it moves, I think anything around 80 is good. Just ask yourself if you think it will ever hit 100 again.

#10004 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Well this is looking like a dud. It's at 25.15 in the premarket and probably will fall more. Factoring in the covered calls, my cost basis is 26.30, so ideally it will end the week around 26 and I'll sell another weeks worth of calls. Could double down, but my max position on PLTR would be around $25k, so that would be my last shot at it. I think it's too early to make that gamble.
Lockup expiration is more powerful than Mrs Wood....

Bought back these calls and sold some for next Friday at the same price. Lowered my basis 80 cents doing that.

#10005 3 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Let's say some poor slob got in at $102.00. Do you tell that poor slob to hold it?

Quoted from iceman44:

FSLY is a volatile sob. Andres, Motley and App economy all have as top pick
Twilio blew out the number again

ROTH IRA in @ $106
Taxable in @ $85

Still holding, gotta have conviction and dry powder to buy on the dips for the long haul. Like Ice said, a lot of the research subs still have $FSLY as a top pick/priority. Recently subbed to "Potential Multibaggers" on seeking alpha, and they have it still rated as a potential multibagger. Have to let the story play out ...years...

#10006 3 years ago

Bought more PLTR, and got my max in on fastly.

#10007 3 years ago

Getting Very Ugly today.

#10009 3 years ago

PLTR lookup period expires today according to this article from Seeking Alpha. It talks about the 80% float hitting the market as well, which I have been saying. This still has a ways to go down.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3663407-palantir-stock-slumps-as-lockup-expiration-opens-80-of-shares-for-trading

#10010 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Riot blockchain is like a money tree. Cograts to all the holders.

Feel sorry for the people that bought Riot here recently. It is getting crushed today.

2021-02-18t10-37-17 (resized).png2021-02-18t10-37-17 (resized).png
#10011 3 years ago

I can't tell if this is a dip opportunity, or if this jobless report is really that much of a surprise out of nowhere that people are genuinely scared. I just don't have time to watch this day in day out, but everything has dropped quite a bit in the last 2 days.

#10012 3 years ago

Looks like I bought PLTR too early. Fixed that a bit by doubling my position this morning under $25. I also bought more WMT on the dip after missing earnings projection.

A Tesla Model S is my daily driver and I calculated that it costs me about the same for electricity as an ICE car that gets 100 miles to the gallon. Plus, you don't have to pay for oil changes.

#10013 3 years ago

I’m thinking 25 is too early on PLTR as well.

Regardless, 3 yrs from now it won’t matter.

#10014 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Have a pretty high percentage of my portfolio in Suncor now, I think I am done with more volatile stocks for now.

Just wrote calls on my SU yesterday. Add some yield and provide some downside protection.

#10015 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

When are you jumping in on PLTR?

#10016 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

First bite probably at 25 (but did it via puts so if it’s at 25 or lower tomorrow, then I am in and my cost basis is closer to 23)

Waiting until beginning of next week to reassess. Like dblm has been saying.

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Still riding my short down - debating when to cover

#10018 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Feel sorry for the people that bought Riot here recently. It is getting crushed today.[quoted image]

Thanks but dont feel sorry. Like has been said here, another chance to take a bite out of the apple. I feel sorry for the people that sold and didn't buy the dip. I bought more near the bottom to add to my position. Up over 400% is nothing to feel sorry about.

#10019 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Thanks but dont feel sorry. Like has been said here, another chance to take a bite out of the apple. I feel sorry for the people that sold and didn't buy the dip. I bought more near the bottom to add to my position. Up over 400% is nothing to feel sorry about.

I don't think he was referring to you.

#10020 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I don't think he was referring to you.

You might be right on that Monk

#10021 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

You might be right on that Monk

I wasn’t. I know vex has done well with this. But people that bought the past day or so got smacked. It looks like it is regaining some from when I originally posted.

#10022 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I wasn’t. I know vex has done well with this. But people that bought the past day or so got smacked. It looks like it is regaining some from when I originally posted.

Roger that. Bought more @ 63. This stock was getting way ahead of itself and needed to be taken behind the wood shed for a bit. I believe this stock will easily hit 100 in the near future, but ultimately it does what the underlying asset does so who knows?

#10023 3 years ago

Just put buy orders in for Disney in both of our IRA'S. Once everything opens back up it's going higher.

#10024 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Really hard to get a gauge on PLTR with an across the board sell off also going on also. But to add I would not buy all at once but start adding little chunks at $25. A lot of folks want to get in and I see it not just here but other chats I am on. They are buying PLTR for a long term hold. Short term will be volatile though. NO DOUBT.

We need this sell off to have traders, leveraged folks, weak hands step back. SaP another 1-2% down then we can start a healthier run higher. The host of a service I subscribe to Value and Momentum Breakouts on Seeking Alpha said folks seem to be running away trying to avoid loses and to said use stops if you feel you may not hold. Weak hands like upside but run from downside. Not everyone but a group who weren’t comfortable buying last year when everything was on sale seem to be more comfortable buying this year at higher prices. They are learning that January up to mid Feb. wasn’t the norm. Just an observation.

I am down 1.7% now but up 17% on the year. I have “Ice” type of holdings with about 40 stocks some etfs and 13% cash in a fairly good sized portfolio. I am pretty loaded up but may buy more if it goes lower. All for perspective of what it’s like me. I am always curious how folks do day for day month to month.

#10025 3 years ago

Took my 20% profit on CCL yesterday after the run. Rumblings that could go 2021 cruiseless. Heading down and will reenter if it dips to 18 again.

#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Really hard to get a gauge on PLTR with an across the board sell off also going on also. But to add I would not buy all at once but start adding little chunks at $25. A lot of folks want to get in and I see it not just here but other chats I am on. They are buying PLTR for a long term hold. Short term will be volatile though. NO DOUBT.
We need this sell off to have traders, leveraged folks, weak hands step back. SaP another 1-2% down then we can start a healthier run higher. The host of a service I subscribe to Value and Momentum Breakouts on Seeking Alpha said folks seem to be running away trying to avoid loses and to said use stops if you feel you may not hold. Weak hands like upside but run from downside. Not everyone but a group who weren’t comfortable buying last year when everything was on sale seem to be more comfortable buying this year at higher prices. They are learning that January up to mid Feb. wasn’t the norm. Just an observation.
I am down 1.7% now but up 17% on the year. I have “Ice” type of holdings with about 40 stocks some etfs and 13% cash in a fairly good sized portfolio. I am pretty loaded up but may buy more if it goes lower. All for perspective of what it’s like me. I am always curious how folks do day for day month to month.

Just covered my short - only made 8.5% but hey in 2 days I'll take it.

#10027 3 years ago

If PLTR keeps dropping, I'll keep buying.. and sell half when it gets back up to 25. This way I won't miss, PLTR should be good for the long run.

#10028 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

If PLTR keeps dropping, I'll keep buying.. and sell half when it gets back up to 25. This way I won't miss, PLTR should be good for the long run.

It has some strong resistance at 25, that's why I covered my short

#10029 3 years ago

Any accountants around here? My question is about cost basis (FIFO, LIFO, etc). Can you change that from year to year or for transaction to transaction? Or do you have to pick one at the beginning of your investment career and stick with it?

#10030 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Any accountants around here? My question is about cost basis (FIFO, LIFO, etc). Can you change that from year to year or for transaction to transaction? Or do you have to pick one at the beginning of your investment career and stick with it?

Not an accountant but you can choose which stocks you sell with each transaction. My account gives me several options FIFO, LIFO, highest/lowest cost, tax harvesting.

The length of time held will determine long or short term gains for taxes

#10031 3 years ago

I am always curious how folks do day for day month to month.

I have a ton sitting on the sidelines waiting for the pull back. I rang the registers in November and have not bought really anything since besides some SABR, GNOG, and DKNG. I have been speculating that we will have a pull back and it looks like we are getting close. Will be looking at PLTR in a few days (still has more room to go down) and then will be adding new things based upon how the pullback goes. Besides the AMC thing, it has been nice to just let things float for a little bit. If you are not sitting on powder, this might be a good time to raise some because I think we are going to slide down for a bit. Here through March should be interesting.

#10032 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:I have a ton sitting on the sidelines waiting for the pull back. I rang the registers in November and have not bought really anything since besides some SABR, GNOG, and DKNG. I have been speculating that we will have a pull back and it looks like we are getting close. Will be looking at PLTR in a few days (still has more room to go down) and then will be adding new things based upon how the pullback goes. Besides the AMC thing, it has been nice to just let things float for a little bit. If you are not sitting on powder, this might be a good time to raise some because I think we are going to slide down for a bit. Here through March should be interesting.

I think it all depends on the next stimulus payments - if it ends up being another broad based payout - expect a lot to find it's way into the market.

#10033 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have a ton sitting on the sidelines waiting for the pull back. I rang the registers in November and have not bought really anything since besides some SABR, GNOG, and DKNG. I have been speculating that we will have a pull back and it looks like we are getting close. Will be looking at PLTR in a few days (still has more room to go down) and then will be adding new things based upon how the pullback goes. Besides the AMC thing, it has been nice to just let things float for a little bit. If you are not sitting on powder, this might be a good time to raise some because I think we are going to slide down for a bit. Here through March should be interesting.

Above, beat me to it. lol

#10034 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Not an accountant but you can choose which stocks you sell with each transaction. My account gives me several options FIFO, LIFO, highest/lowest cost, tax harvesting.
The length of time held will determine long or short term gains for taxes

Thanks. It’s actually for my crypto, but I don’t think we are allowed to say that word here

I thought I’d ask in this thread since you guys live and breath cost basis. My tracking software doesn’t have any functionality (that I can find) to allow you to change it on a per transaction basis. It’s just a blanket cost basis for the year drop down.

Unfortunately with the entire crypto space you’re pretty much on your own to do the tax reporting. It’s an absolute mess. I paid a few hundred for software that does it, but it apparently isn’t as refined as what the regular brokers provide.

#10035 3 years ago

Anyone know when the Lock up Ex date is for AirBnB? If? Can't seem to find anything on it.

#10036 3 years ago

Anyone watching the congressional hearing on the gamestop Robin hood situation? The people running out country can't even run zoom meetings. What a mess

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Anyone watching the congressional hearing on the gamestop Robin hood situation? The people running out country can't even run zoom meetings. What a mess

I like the stock.

#10038 3 years ago

Thanks. It’s actually for my crypto, but I don’t think we are allowed to say that word here
I thought I’d ask in this thread since you guys live and breath cost basis. My tracking software doesn’t have any functionality (that I can find) to allow you to change it on a per transaction basis. It’s just a blanket cost basis for the year drop down.
Unfortunately with the entire crypto space you’re pretty much on your own to do the tax reporting. It’s an absolute mess. I paid a few hundred for software that does it, but it apparently isn’t as refined as what the regular brokers provide.

Take a look at this. Depending upon how many transactions you are doing, you probably need to get an accountant. HIFO is your friend here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shehanchandrasekera/2020/09/17/what-crypto-taxpayers-need-to-know-about-fifo-lifo-hifo-specific-id/?sh=400d727036aa

#10039 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Take a look at this. Depending upon how many transactions you are doing, you probably need to get an accountant. HIFO is your friend here.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/shehanchandrasekera/2020/09/17/what-crypto-taxpayers-need-to-know-about-fifo-lifo-hifo-specific-id/?sh=400d727036aa

That is exactly what I needed. My accountant is actually out with COVID right now. I’m trying to put together stuff for her for when she gets back.

I do have detailed records of each purchase and the software lets me choose a reporting basis for each year. I’m wondering if it somehow marks them once reported? That would be a question for the developer I guess.

It looks like if the software marks them as reported or “used” I can just generate each report and see which one is the lowest.

Sounds pretty simple I guess.

Thanks!

#10040 3 years ago

With most brokerages, when you sell, you can choose which lot to allocate it to if you bought it multiple times

Sorry - just read it was crypto
Right now it's the wild west - you have to keep track of all of that and self report

#10041 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Crazily disjointed right now with the 5 minute limits, the constant audio/video challenges, and congress individuals trying to support their position regardless of how their questions are answered.

Highlight was when Roaring Kitty ended his opening statement with I like the stock...classic.

Edit: Never listened to him before, but Ga(R) Barry Loudermilk is a smart reasonable dude. Has been the only reasonable sounding politician.

#10042 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Highlight was when Roaring Kitty ended his opening statement with I like the stock...classic.

Also: "I am not a cat."

#10043 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:Just covered my short - only made 8.5% but hey in 2 days I'll take it.

Should have shorted PLTR at $44. We need to sharpen our game! Lol

#10044 3 years ago

Should have shorted PLTR at $44. We need to sharpen our game! Lol

Agreed - when is the next one out of lockup?

#10045 3 years ago

AI is the next interesting lockup (in my opinion)

#10047 3 years ago

Some of the dates are off. Had PLTR expiring in March.

c3.AI and Snowflake are two stocks that will be interesting to see what happens after lockup

#10048 3 years ago

I guess AirBnb doesn't have one.

#10049 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I guess AirBnb doesn't have one.

Quoted from DBLM:

Some of the dates are off. Had PLTR expiring in March.
c3.AI and Snowflake are two stocks that will be interesting to see what happens after lockup

I think all 3 of these have past already

#10050 3 years ago

Ark ETF makes a bold move on PLTR. 5 Million shares to their flagship ETF.

151F21A8-4D96-432E-A4F2-CF252F0B5F3A (resized).jpeg151F21A8-4D96-432E-A4F2-CF252F0B5F3A (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/201?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.