IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 417.
#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PLTR lock up expiration is either thursday or friday. Can't rememeber.
On the conference call they said "government contracts are at the tip of iceberg" spending wise.
I'd wait until lock-up settles down and then explore that one based on the above statement.

Should be 3 days from today, which would be Friday. Told you the government contracts would be strong.

I am looking to buy back in either Friday or Monday. This will be cheaper than what it is now.

#9902 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't understand that either. Maybe it represents some sort of time premium that will decline as the closing date gets closer? But more of a reverse time premium. If you go long APHA and short Tilray, you can't lose if the deal closes.

Marketwatch is hyping this angle today:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/to-profit-from-planned-merger-of-tilray-and-aphria-buy-aphria-says-this-analyst-11613482075?mod=home-page

#9903 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Loading into Energy. At $60 per barrel the implied price on the OIH is +192% from here and +42% on the XLE according to Tom Lee and his Fundstrat research.
I purchased BHP, SLB, PXD today.
He also makes the case for expanding PE's in a rising rate environment as we see the 10 yr spiking again.
That's HIS research. He's been really good.

OPEC has stated they will increase production once it reaches $60 a barrel - that is their target so fracking doesn't get a hold again. Now energy companies are still a good play because they were beaten down, but don't expect oil to go to the moon. I'm with ya on the energy play, just picked up xec, epd, and psx.

Funny, but I'm the only one ringing the bell on uranium? Up 25% already in 11 days...

#9904 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

BTWN doing great today, another SPAC I mentioned a few days ago that i'm in and it's starting to heat up.
AJAX is another SPAC that has a ton of potential ($10 floor), RBAC under $11 is solid since it has a $10 floor.
Look to CCIV ($10 SPAC) that is up massively in the last few days based on speculation. These SPACs are just getting started IMO.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking hard at CCIV. Rumour is they are acquiring Lucid cars. May buy some Wednesday after funds have settled if it looks good. Of course do your own due dilligence.
In other news, PINS is delivering quarterly earnings next Thursday. I'm hoping for a 10% pop after the announcement.
Good luck... and GME is nuts!

Bought 1100 CCIV at 23.65 in the pre-market. May announce merger with Lucid.
Bought 35 shares of AMC at 10.75 this morning and closed out at 21.51 2 hours later. $350 is $350. Good luck to all!
*Edit: Acquisition, not merger.

Speculation SPAC CCIV is acquiring LUCID motors. Very risky. I'm in!

Quoted from Palmer:

I have a chunk of my portfolio for swing and short positions. I use profits from selling these to add to my long term positions.
ATOS, CCIV, ZOM, CTRM and IZEA are ones that are doing well for me. But most of these will be out of my portfolio between now and March/April as I sell for profit and replenish with other penny growth stocks that I like.

Quoted from Palmer:

Damn thought I would see sataneatscheese in here after that CCIV pop! I only have 50 shares but got in early so excited for the climb today.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Went off my normal high growth long term hold ways and I am in on CCIV also with over 1000 shares. Will either go up 300% or down 60%. I look at it now like The Dukes Of Hazard mid jump. Either will make it to Lucid or crash hard. All or nothing. We will see.
[quoted image]

Holy crap! CCIV trading halted twice in 10 minutes. 55$ a share! My first single month double banger!

#9905 3 years ago
#9907 3 years ago

Is anyone considering selling their CCIV with this huge jump?

#9908 3 years ago

SCKT is having quite the day

#9909 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

CCIV is spiking because Bloomberg tweeted deal is imminent. That will spike it some more. I like the company and will likely hold on long term. I sold off 10% of mine to fund some other trades but going to hold for a bit. Easily 60$ when DA is announced.

#9910 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Should be 3 days from today, which would be Friday. Told you the government contracts would be strong.
I am looking to buy back in either Friday or Monday. This will be cheaper than what it is now.

Similar thinking here. Probably will initiate earlier if it drops below 25 before then, but keeping most of my powder dry until Monday.

#9911 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I am holding long term but I also only have 50 shares so I am small peanuts.

#9912 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nothing beats a Jeep for some fun in the snow.

Still roughing my 06-straight 6, last year made. Gonna keep this thing forever, Soft doors are a must in the summer.

#9913 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Agreed, it might even take a week or two to settle down price action wise. Mongo MDB is my favorite post lock up story. I don't own it anymore personally, yes for my clients, but i was buying in the mid to high 30's back in late 2017 on a pullback from $45 or so.

Then Motley Fool recommended it around $50 and the rest is history, or i guess still being written at $410 a share

1.38% is BIG resistance on the 10 yr treasury as it just hit 1.30% for the first time in over a year.

Rick Santelli had a chart that showed a double bottom from 2012 and 2016 at that 1.38% and thinks it's a key level.

I think it's just beginning a move to 2.0%

Short the TLT has been and should be a great trade.

#9914 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed, it might even take a week or two to settle down price action wise. Mongo MDB is my favorite post lock up story. I don't own it anymore personally, yes for my clients, but i was buying in the mid to high 30's back in late 2017 on a pullback from $45 or so.
Then Motley Fool recommended it around $50 and the rest is history, or i guess still being written at $410 a share
1.38% is BIG resistance on the 10 yr treasury as it just hit 1.30% for the first time in over a year.
Rick Santelli had a chart that showed a double bottom from 2012 and 2016 at that 1.38% and thinks it's a key level.
I think it's just beginning a move to 2.0%
Short the TLT has been and should be a great trade.

Ice,
Do you still see a bit of pull back in March? I funds sitting on the sideline and am wondering if it is go time yet?

Thanks

#9915 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed, it might even take a week or two to settle down price action wise.

Yep. There is no rush to buy it at this time. If you reference the article I posted, you have a shit ton of shares coming up. People have been screaming for liquidity for years. Going to be a great long term hold, but with the quantity I am looking to buy, it is worth it to wait.

#9916 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Placed a quick short on PLTR - will cash out thurs/fri hopefully - should have done this a few days ago hoping I don't regret it.

#9917 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Placed a quick short on PLTR - will cash out thurs/fri hopefully - should have done this a few days ago hoping I don't regret it.

Closed at $27.84.

#9918 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Closed at $27.84.

hoping it tanks for a few more days so I can buy back low to cover the short - might get a boost if the markets roll over in the next few days.

#9919 3 years ago

Anybody in on FUTU? Nice gains today!

#9920 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:Closed at $27.84.

What's your entry point to get back in?
still holding some shares I bought @ $24.75

#9921 3 years ago

anybody follow CLGX - they keep getting unsolicited acquisition proposals above current share price

APT complex my daughter is renting is using their software and I was impressed so I bought the stock last year.

#9922 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I honestly don't know. Will know it when I see it. I think it could be in the 24's or 25's. It all depends on what happens with the markets and how much selling we see in it.

#9923 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I honestly don't know. Will know it when I see it. I think it could be in the 24's or 25's. It all depends on what happens with the markets and how much selling we see in it.

Works for me - that's close to 10%

#9924 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That’s my first bite trigger actually

#9925 3 years ago

Today + Me =

#9926 3 years ago

Holy crap! CCIV trading halted twice in 10 minutes. 55$ a share! My first single month double banger!

I haven’t decided if I will sell some of my CCIV now or just wait it out? Weirdest risk reward stock I ever held. It may go to $80,$90, $100 or fall back to $15?! Literally all or nothing stock play.

Thought PLTR would do better. Sold some I had bought at $27 at $29 for a small gain, but a gain, today and keeping a chunk of shares I bought in the teens long term. I may buy more closer to $20.

FSLY TWLO NVTA SHOP earnings tomorrow for me. I will wear my cup. Lol

Weird day of ups and downs, but never a dull moment. Hope you all are doing well.

#9927 3 years ago

Saw on another forum that ark is buying the dip on PLTR. 1.6m shares. Can anyone confirm? I’m not sure how to validate.

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from JerryM:

Saw on another forum that ark is buying the dip on PLTR. 1.6m shares. Can anyone confirm? I’m not sure how to validate.

You can see current holdings, but I don’t know if they track when those shares were acquired. https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/holdings/ARK_NEXT_GENERATION_INTERNET_ETF_ARKW_HOLDINGS.pdf

But this site tracks purchases over time probably based on checking daily changes in the above PDF. https://cathiesark.com/ark-combined-holdings-of-pltr

Assuming that site is right, they bought the dip big time.

#9929 3 years ago

Not that it matters, but they probably use the CSV, easier to programmatically parse. https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/csv/ARK_NEXT_GENERATION_INTERNET_ETF_ARKW_HOLDINGS.csv

#9930 3 years ago

It’s kind of amazing how open they are... you can subscribe for notifications direct from Ark. https://ark-funds.com/subscribe

I guess at this point it does nothing but help the share price jump when people know what they buy into.

#9931 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

You can see current holdings, but I don’t know if they track when those shares were acquired. https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/holdings/ARK_NEXT_GENERATION_INTERNET_ETF_ARKW_HOLDINGS.pdf
But this site tracks purchases over time probably based on checking daily changes in the above PDF. https://cathiesark.com/ark-combined-holdings-of-pltr
Assuming that site is right, they bought the dip big time.

I guess if you keep their daily holding PDF files, you can compare day to day movement and see what they bought each day.

#9932 3 years ago
Quoted from JerryM:

They send a daily e-mail with their transactions. I get it. Yes they bought PLTR.

#9933 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I got in on ARTL premarket at 2.90. Hope the price target of $7 becomes a reality. Need to make up for those dumb pot stocks yesterday

I too have ARTL...up 26% premarket.

Great news on the Cancer front

https://ir.artelobio.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/55/artelo-biosciences-announces-positive-pre-clinical-data

#9935 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Etrade wont let me buy it for some reason.

Same

#9936 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Etrade wont let me buy it for some reason.

Switch to Robinhood

#9937 3 years ago

Bought some fsly today.

#9938 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Bought some fsly today.

Bit of a gamble with earnings after the bell.

#9939 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Bit of a gamble with earnings after the bell.

Definitely, got a feeling. Setting and forgetting.

#9940 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Switch to Robinhood

Officially and finally got everything transferred OUT of Robinhood today and shut the account down.

#9941 3 years ago

Sooner or later solid state lithium batteries will be the game changer the EV market needs.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ev-battery-startup-quantumscape-soars-230731748.html

#9942 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Officially and finally got everything transferred OUT of Robinhood today and shut the account down.

I’m in the process.

#9943 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Sooner or later solid state lithium batteries will be the game changer the EV market needs.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ev-battery-startup-quantumscape-soars-230731748.html

I'll give it a shot. I bought 211 shares at 55.27.

#9944 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'll give it a shot. I bought 211 shares at 55.27.

It seems like it could take a few years before they could really take off. There are also other companies trying to do similar things.
If they are the company to do it then it could be huge. They do have Volkswagen on their side.
It seems like the kind of stock that could go to zero eventually or go up 100X if they get it right.

#9945 3 years ago

Bought some WOOF (new lows after IPO), POSH (down from over 80 to under 70 in less than a week, near all time lows), AAPL, and PLTR today. Sold covered calls on all but POSH since it still has no options.

AFRM has gone from 146 to 111 in a week since earnings. I've flipped it a couple times. Starting to get back down to my buy range, but I'd like to see it at least under 105. Looking at PINS too. I had 300 last week, but they got called away Friday.

#9946 3 years ago

Bought some PDAC today. Merging with Li-Cycle which is the largest Lith-Ion recycler. Not sexy but looks to be some great long term growth.

Also added some more PLTR APPL EPD and MO

#9947 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It seems like it could take a few years before they could really take off. There are also other companies trying to do similar things.
If they are the company to do it then it could be huge. They do have Volkswagen on their side.
It seems like the kind of stock that could go to zero eventually or go up 100X if they get it right.

Up 4% since I bought it. Should be interesting.

#9948 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Smart move!

#9949 3 years ago

So is PLTR safe to buy now?

#9950 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So is PLTR safe to buy now?

Lockup over at end of week. Many of us waiting until that shakes out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/199?hl=bork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.