IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 420.
#9851 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I did the same. Not sure who all normally gets today off, but I’m working. We don’t get many holidays off on the day of but instead get them at the end of the year as part of a 2-week shut down, which is pretty nice.

I work for myself and normally only take New Years, 4th of July, Christmas, and Thanksgiving off for holidays, along with 3-4 weeks of vacation. I could take as much time as I want off but I don't make any money and still pay my expenses when I don't go to work.

Quoted from Oaken:

I wish it was as balmy as 12 degrees outside.

It has been near or below zero F here for almost a week. I was just thinking this morning about when I lived in MN and it would do that for a month almost every winter. I don't miss that. I still remember walking my bundled up 3 and 1 year old sons through a parking lot at -20 F without wind chill to go meet their newborn brother in St. Paul 12 years ago.

#9852 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What do we think about silver mining companies like AG and SILJ? Silver spot doesn't seem to actually reflect the price. For example 1 kilo of silver still costs $5 over spot which is extremely high.

There isn't much silver left to mine. My girlfriend is a metalsmith, she says almost all silver used in the world today is recycled, it was mined ages ago. And the price of silver never sky rockets, it always fluctuates between known highs and lows. Jewelers know what the good low cost is and stock up when it hits, then when it gets high they tend to switch to other metals, decreasing the demand, which lowers the price. Reddit drove up the price for a couple days a few weeks ago, but that was market hype, rather than an increase in demand, so it collapsed even faster than GME did.

#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

There isn't much silver left to mine. My girlfriend is a metalsmith, she says almost all silver used in the world today is recycled, it was mined ages ago. And the price of silver never sky rockets, it always fluctuates between known highs and lows. Jewelers know what the good low cost is and stock up when it hits, then when it gets high they tend to switch to other metals, decreasing the demand, which lowers the price. Reddit drove up the price for a couple days a few weeks ago, but that was market hype, rather than an increase in demand, so it collapsed even faster than GME did.

That's not good for companies who need a lot of silver.
I'm intrigued by FBSGF. They claim to have found a huge deposit in Mexico

#9854 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Reddit didn't blow silver up. Literally nobody was talking about it on there when CNBC and other "news" sources were claiming Reddit was jumping to silver. These networks were just reporting what their institutional buddies were telling them to report.

#9855 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

KPG not chiming in on PSTH in a day with 42000 shares? this is his baby girl, starting to feel like this is a pump and dump boys... get ready for Tuesday... Dump pre market hours before KPG, lol. Just Kidding, have no clue what to expect. but excitement, I lose $29 dollars worst case. lol

Only junk companies like Pennystocks or failing biz's like GameStop would be a pump and dump. PSTH and it's likely target is a buy and hold forever scenario, so any big dips aren't a dump, but another buying opportunity IMO

PSTH should be interesting this week... That's for sure...

#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Sorry but you're mistaken on several accounts. There is more silver left to mine than already has been mined. And jewlers account for a scant 6% of silver usage, so what your girlfriend experiences is not reflective of the overall market. Most Silver is used in industry and coinage. And as has been mentioned, reddit silver run never occurred. That was one poorly reported article that somehow became gospel.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Only junk companies like Pennystocks or failing biz's like GameStop would be a pump and dump. PSTH and it's likely target is a buy and hold forever scenario, so any big dips aren't a dump, but another buying opportunity IMO

Penny stocks aren't junk companies. They just have lower market caps because many are fledgling companies. Ford, Xerox, Sirius, Amazon...all started as penny stocks. Now the percent that fail and go to zero is higher just like any new business venture has a risk of failure. But there's no reason not to have well positioned penny stocks in a portfolio. Their upside is tremendous which offsets the ones that go to 0.

#9858 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

One can only hope that the price action on the very low volume German exchanges translates to the USA market.

Regardless it’s all paper gains and losses because I am hodling thru and beyond merger. Fun to see the green arrows though

#9859 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I work for myself and normally only take New Years, 4th of July, Christmas, and Thanksgiving off for holidays, along with 3-4 weeks of vacation. I could take as much time as I want off but I don't make any money and still pay my expenses when I don't go to work.

It has been near or below zero F here for almost a week. I was just thinking this morning about when I lived in MN and it would do that for a month almost every winter. I don't miss that. I still remember walking my bundled up 3 and 1 year old sons through a parking lot at -20 F without wind chill to go meet their newborn brother in St. Paul 12 years ago.

Tram the people here in South Texas are freaking out with 6 inches of snow and down into single digits.

Entire city shut down!

I took my Jeep out today for some great 4 wheeling

#9860 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tram the people here in South Texas are freaking out with 6 inches of snow and down into single digits.
Entire city shut down!

That's a sunny day here in Canada, Love hitting it with my Jeep.. Enjoy!

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Awesome! Glad to hear... didn't know what to do with this Spac. Thanks KPG

#9862 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Penny stocks aren't junk companies. They just have lower market caps because many are fledgling companies. Ford, Xerox, Sirius, Amazon...all started as penny stocks. Now the percent that fail and go to zero is higher just like any new business venture has a risk of failure. But there's no reason not to have well positioned penny stocks in a portfolio. Their upside is tremendous which offsets the ones that go to 0.

Lol

I've never heard of any of those company being referred to as "Pennystocks" in my life.

Pennystocks to me are garbage on the Pinksheets or OTC markets, or some on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy stuff on the NYSE and AMEX exchanges

#9863 3 years ago

PLTR is dropping a fair amount in the premarket ahead of earnings. Combined with the lockup expiration, you should have a good entry point here in a few days.

#9864 3 years ago

Oil is mooning today thanks to the Texas storm shutdowns.

#9865 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Lol
I've never heard of any of those company being referred to as "Pennystocks" in my life.
Pennystocks to me are garbage on the Pinksheets or OTC markets, or some on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy stuff on the NYSE and AMEX exchanges

If you hadn't heard then you either haven't been investing very long or didn't pay attention. And your definition of penny stocks is woefully incorrect. Penny stocks are simply smaller companies that trade for less than a dollar typically, or companies that have diluted their stock distribution so that they also trade under a dollar. Not every company has a billion dollar market cap. And yes several of the billion dollar corps today started as penny stocks.

https://www.thebalance.com/famous-companies-traded-as-penny-stocks-2637058

#9866 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

According to this article from last summer, it's only about 15%
https://fashionunited.com/news/fashion/pandora-pledges-to-use-only-recycled-metals-for-its-jewellery/2020060233788
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, around 15 percent of the world’s silver supply comes from recycled sources. More than half of the recycled silver comes from industry, where the metal is used in chemical production, electronics and for other purposes.

#9867 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

PLTR is dropping a fair amount in the premarket ahead of earnings. Combined with the lockup expiration, you should have a good entry point here in a few days.

I like how they reported a $140 million loss which included $240 million in employee stock compensation.

That being said, top line numbers and long term numbers look good. It just got a little ahead of itself.

#9868 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I like how they reported a $140 million loss which included $240 million in employee stock compensation.
That being said, top line numbers and long term numbers look good. It just got a little ahead of itself.

Oh, I am a fan. Been saying for months that I would reenter after earnings and lockup because I thought it ran too far, too fast. Will be a good long term hold.

#9869 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Oh, I am a fan. Been saying for months that I would reenter after earnings and lockup because I thought it ran too far, too fast. Will be a good long term hold.

What do you think a good entry would be? It dropped to 28 in PM but looks like it is bouncing back up. Missed EPS but exceeded revenue.

#9870 3 years ago

I see the Canadian cannabis stocks are starting to run again today. APHA up 9% pre-market. Should be another fun week.

#9871 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothing beats a Jeep for some fun in the snow.

#9873 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

What do you think a good entry would be? It dropped to 28 in PM but looks like it is bouncing back up. Missed EPS but exceeded revenue.

I don’t have a particular price. I am looking to see where it is after lockup in a few days. I would speculate we would be in the mid to upper 20’s.

#9874 3 years ago

PLTR nosedive after earnings. Good time to buy?

#9875 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Read above a few posts.

#9876 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Read above a few posts.

Reading is fundamental. Thanks

#9877 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I don’t have a particular price. I am looking to see where it is after lockup in a few days. I would speculate we would be in the mid to upper 20’s.

I went ahead and jumped in at 28.88.

#9878 3 years ago

XSPA. Covid-19 testing
better get in!
It’s moving .
All good news. No BS here

Watch........
https://mobile.twitter.com/cbsthismorning/status/1361305141257920512

#9879 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yea take RIOT a year ago .60 cents today $60

#9880 3 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

XSPA. Covid-19 testing
better get in!
It’s moving .
Watch........

Careful....Lots of shorting on this stock. I know it seems like good news, but at a time when cases are plummeting and vaccinations rising, not sure in airport testing is going to move the needle. Hope I'm wrong and you make a bundle!

#9881 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Im in too today...bought more. Long term it looks good. The negative news on earning was employee stock related and not lack of sales or contracts. What I have learned about these stocks is all it takes is one big news story or contract to make it run 5 points. You just never know when that will happen.

#9882 3 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

XSPA. Covid-19 testing
better get in!
It’s moving .
Watch........

this has a good option premium - if you are into selling calls - thanks ed

#9883 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I also sold 1/3 of my CCL, doubled my positions in GE and DKNG, and bought some more WMT (which is 30% of my portfolio) to go 100% invested. I was holding 10% cash but this craziness appears to be continuing so I'll ride it a bit longer. I really think the combination of stimulus checks, everybody staying home, optimism for the end of the pandemic, and especially the GME ordeal is driving this with a ton of new, mostly small-time, investors. It will have to end some time but it seems a bit unprecedented and difficult to predict.

#9884 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I also sold 1/3 of my CCL, doubled my positions in GE and DKNG, and bought some more WMT (which is 30% of my portfolio) to go 100% invested. I was holding 10% cash but this craziness appears to be continuing so I'll ride it a bit longer. I really think the combination of stimulus checks, everybody staying home, optimism for the end of the pandemic, and especially the GME ordeal is driving this with a ton of new, mostly small-time, investors. It will have to end some time but it seems a bit unprecedented and difficult to predict.

I'm holding with CCL for the long term. Curious why you jumped out. Up 8% today.

#9885 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm holding with CCL for the long term. Curious why you jumped out. Up 8% today.

Just taking a little profit and getting some cash to buy other shares with. It is still my 2nd largest holding after Walmart.

#9886 3 years ago

Anyone follow 'SOS'? Seems to be having a great day. All these stock symbols, FIRE, SOS NAKD, RIOT. Too funny Thanks.

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Amazon wasn't a penny stock, it's IPO was $18, I bought some because it was local and I had friends that worked there. It never went down into the penny stock territory. https://www.quora.com/Was-Amazon-a-penny-stock

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Reddit didn't blow silver up. Literally nobody was talking about it on there when CNBC and other "news" sources were claiming Reddit was jumping to silver. These networks were just reporting what their institutional buddies were telling them to report.

It may be a chicken and egg thing, but silver was certainly hyped alot on WSB's and other Reddit groups for a few days (I read Reddit daily as well as Reddit hype aggregators) which probably contributed to a temporary price uptick. But hey, if you want to invest in silver or silver stocks because you see growth potential there, go for it. I'd be weary.

#9889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone follow 'SOS'? Seems to be having a great day. All these stock symbols, FIRE, SOS NAKD, RIOT. Too funny Thanks.

Had some as part of my bitcoin related stocks but sold it last month. Here are some stock tickers that tend to move the same direction of bitcoin, either because they are mining companies, blockchain tech, holding companies, have a significant investment in bitcoin, etc. I am sure there are more but these are ones I am or have been invested in.

BLOK, SQ, PYPL MOGO, SI, RIOT, MARA, FTFT, GBTC, SOS

#9890 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

PLTR lock up expiration is either thursday or friday. Can't rememeber.

On the conference call they said "government contracts are at the tip of iceberg" spending wise.

I'd wait until lock-up settles down and then explore that one based on the above statement.

#9891 3 years ago

Loading into Energy. At $60 per barrel the implied price on the OIH is +192% from here and +42% on the XLE according to Tom Lee and his Fundstrat research.

I purchased BHP, SLB, PXD today.

He also makes the case for expanding PE's in a rising rate environment as we see the 10 yr spiking again.

That's HIS research. He's been really good.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am. Like a dummy sold last week at 4.10 to buy SNDL. That's what happens when you don't follow your charts and instead follow emotions

#9893 3 years ago

Thanks Ice, I was also wondering when a good time to jump back in on pltr is. I will keep a eye on it towards end of the week then

#9894 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Amazon wasn't a penny stock, it's IPO was $18, I bought some because it was local and I had friends that worked there. It never went down into the penny stock territory. https://www.quora.com/Was-Amazon-a-penny-stock

Probably not technically but it traded for $1.5 in June of 97. IPOs often crash initially as did Amazons.

#9895 3 years ago

I don't get APHA. When the merger with TLRY happens in Q2 each share will get .83 TLRY shares. Yet it consistently trades much lower than 83% of TLRY

#9896 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Probably not technically but it traded for $1.5 in June of 97. IPOs often crash initially as did Amazons.

No, that's the split adjusted price of the $18 IPO, factoring in the two 2 to 1 and one 3 to 1 splits, Amazon never traded below $5. I owned Amazon at the time, the crash after the initial IPO was down to about $14. Amazon bottomed on Sept. 28, 2001 at $5.97.

#9897 3 years ago

BHP up 8% today. RIO, VALE and BHP are our commodity price inflation miners. We talked about keeping these on the radar a while back to buffer what's coming.

Pays a nice 3.5% div yield too.

#9898 3 years ago

PINS hit another all time high. Gene Munster and Loup ventures put $105 target today on PINS.

#9899 3 years ago

Tencent (TME) that I think you've mentioned before ICE, the Chinese streaming music company, is up 6% today. I picked up some when it dipped to $26 a few weeks ago.

#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I don't get APHA. When the merger with TLRY happens in Q2 each share will get .83 TLRY shares. Yet it consistently trades much lower than 83% of TLRY

I don't understand that either. Maybe it represents some sort of time premium that will decline as the closing date gets closer? But more of a reverse time premium. If you go long APHA and short Tilray, you can't lose if the deal closes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/198?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.