IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 417.
#9701 3 years ago

I'm in on SNDL. I used it to play around with options a bit. I'm in at 1.08 for just 100 shares. I moved around my covered calls a little. I now have a covered call at a 3.50 strike expiring tomorrow for a $30 premium.

Moving things around and playing with options on such a volatile stock really took out a chunk of my earnings. I've been spending a ton of time researching and learning. I'm still honing in on a strategy of focus. I think swing trades within a sector and selling covered calls to pull in some premiums seems like a good amount of activity for me. I'd like to try sniping some futures at some point, but I see that as more of a supplement.

As far as pot stocks I'm long on, check on CRLBF. They're a US company based out of Chicago, and have been steadily adding stores across several states. They've been increasing revenue and reducing costs.

#9702 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

In the age of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, I call BS!

I don't use any of those. I used to use Facebook but left when they kept censoring Right leaning posts specifically. Plus, I knew this girl from working with her but she left about a year ago. She's a 5'4", petite, fit, 30 year-old, beautiful blue-eyed brunette with high cheekbones and the best rear end and legs I've ever seen. You'll have to use your imagination from there.

And to make this post relevant after several that weren't. I went to 15% cash today and may do more tomorrow. That along with my 30% in Walmart are my plans for the impending crash (if it happens). I feel like the Gamestop story caused a LOT of people to start investing and maybe this isn't a bubble and we will instead see a permanent rise over the next few weeks. I don't know if that'd be nice or not; being rich when everyone else is too means you're not rich.

To appease the desire for a picture of a hot woman, here is my wife. And she's 38 and a mother of 5 kids, BTW.

Melissa1 (resized).jpgMelissa1 (resized).jpg
#9703 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't use any of those. I used to use Facebook but left when they kept censoring Right leaning posts specifically. Plus, I knew this girl from working with her but she left about a year ago. She's a 5'4", petite, fit, 30 year-old, beautiful blue-eyed brunette with high cheekbones and the best rear end and legs I've ever seen. You'll have to use your imagination from there.
And to make this post relevant after several that weren't. I went to 15% cash today and may do more tomorrow. That along with my 30% in Walmart are my plans for the impending crash (if it happens). I feel like the Gamestop story caused a LOT of people to start investing and maybe this isn't a bubble and we will instead see a permanent rise over the next few weeks. I don't know if that'd be nice or not; being rich when everyone else is too means you're not rich.
To appease the desire for a picture of a hot woman, here is my wife.[quoted image]

but does she approve of your pinball hobby?

#9704 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

but does she approve of your pinball hobby?

My wife (the tall, curvy blonde) or my former co-worker (the petite brunette)?

EDIT: I know who you meant. So to save room...mostly.

#9705 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My wife (the tall, curvy blonde) or my former co-worker (the petite brunette)?
EDIT: I know who you meant. So to save room...mostly.

thats a win. My wife hates pinball and hates that I spend so much money on it. But she also knows how well we do and that its fine. So she accepts that Im obsessed with it. She just doesnt join me in the basement to play the Pins. And when a new game is being brought in she makes sure shes out of the house. heh

#9706 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thats a win. My wife hates pinball and hates that I spend so much money on it. But she also knows how well we do and that its fine. So she accepts that Im obsessed with it. She just doesnt join me in the basement to play the Pins. And when a new game is being brought in she makes sure shes out of the house. heh

That's actually pretty close to my wife. She used to play some but really doesn't anymore. And she got annoyed when I would spend $10k on a new machine and she would say "so now I get to buy something for ten thousand, right?" And I would respond with "sure, as long as it retains value like this pinball machine." One bonus is that in one of the rare circumstances when we had no kids in the house, she was willing to play pinball while engaged in adult behavior with me. Prior to Turtles co-op, that was one of the only ways to have two people score on a pinball machine at the same time.

Another frustrating day where my Fidelity app wasn't updating for all my holdings. Yesterday it was all but 2 that weren't updating and today it was only 4 holdings.

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On a bit of positive news, I was able to open a Fidelity account today!

I use the APT app from Fidelity. Very useful app.

#9709 3 years ago

I had to get out of SPCE today. I don't know WSB is still driving part of the price or not but it seems way higher than it should be. Hopefully their next flight attempt goes well but I'm not waiting for that good/bad news.

#9710 3 years ago

Another decent up day. Craziness. I feel profit taking has to happen soon....

#9711 3 years ago

Stimulus incoming soon for another sugar rush to keep the good times rolling for a hair longer

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I taking a bloodbath on Pfizer.

I'm still up on Pfizer. I don't really understand why they're not doing better though.
Also made a big bet on Gilead that hasn't paid off yet....

#9713 3 years ago

Disney just went boom. Stock close to 200 on earnings.

#9714 3 years ago

Had to print one lol

20210211_145734 (resized).jpg20210211_145734 (resized).jpg
#9715 3 years ago

Just did my first after-hours trade since I got on margin on Fidelity. Bought CRWD.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I bought AMZN at $28 the day it opened. Had I held it to today I would have over 50 Million in the bank. But I actually lost money on the trade.

I had 50 shares at the beginning. They did a 2 way and 3 way split at some point fairly early on. Sold most to buy a new furnace and sold the rest at $450 because I thought that had to be a ATH. If I'd held it all along, it would be 300 shares, so by today's price $9,978,600.

#9717 3 years ago

Nok, Only stock that mentions good news and still goes down. steady decline

#9718 3 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

NOK has had nothing but good news the past month and ever since being linked as a 'meme' stock it's tanked. I'm holding for now as I think the long term fundamentals are even better than they were. But it is disappointing watching it slide every day. Other than my 1 GME share, it's the only red baron in my portfolio.

#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

To appease the desire for a picture of a hot woman, here is my wife. And she's 38 and a mother of 5 kids, BTW.[quoted image]

Checks out. Only in western SD would you still have 4G.

#9720 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had 50 shares at the beginning. They did a 2 way and 3 way split at some point fairly early on. Sold most to buy a new furnace and sold the rest at $450 because I thought that had to be a ATH. If I'd held it all along, it would be 300 shares, so by today's price $9,978,600.

It's not healthy to do the "what if" math. It's tempting to do the calculation, but you just lose sleep over it. You have to just celebrate the wins and move on.

#9721 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

iceman44 Are you adding any positions of MAC at todays price or just holding?
Thanks,
Kidchrisso

I listened to the conference call today. Seems like they are expecting things to stay as is until Q3. That is everything from share price, to dividends, to leasing outlook. They said they will keep the dividend where it is to have more cash to be able to pay against debts. When it popped because of GME hype they filed to offer more shares and said in the Q&A today they have done this before and don’t have to offer more shares. Even if they did it would not be at this price. Plenty of skeptics about that on Stocktwits, but we will see.

So it sounds like if you want in you might have up to 6 months before things start moving up, at least according to management’s tone.

Still wish I sold at 25. Could have bought back in now and almost doubled my share count. I’m still up about 45% since my only buy so not complaining, just didn’t go with my gut when I should have.

#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I feel your pain

DB9A1634-5ADA-4CDE-95EE-8A2A977186CB (resized).pngDB9A1634-5ADA-4CDE-95EE-8A2A977186CB (resized).png
#9723 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I taking a bloodbath on Pfizer.

I'll try to help you out.

I bought a bunch in late November. Sold some in early January and then dumped the rest at the end of the month. At least I got a few cents more per share than I paid. I didn't even wait for the 39¢ dividend. Figured if I did, they'd postpone it citing some bullshit about distributing the vaccine or other nonsense. Dead money, a real disappointment for me.

There, now that word is out, it should hit $40 real soon. Good luck

#9724 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Recheck your arithmetic, with 300 shares, you're off by a factor of ten.

#9725 3 years ago

Anyone like SPCE?

#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think Pinterest will be a great long play... It's half the market cap of snapchat, and I think Pinterest is the better bet. Just a thought, no one knows for sure. Microsoft thinks so too, they did try to buy em.

#9728 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how everyone brags about their profits, but never seem to hear about losses. Everyone can't be making money on every trade
Sitting on a bunch of XOM at $69

Missed the GME hype train. Only 5 shares@ 225.

#9729 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah the art of politics. Say you're going to do things if elected, but then when elected don't actually do them, so that later on you can run on those same issues and say you're going to do them.
It's unfortunate that there is so much government control that impacts these kinds of stocks.

Thoughts?

Warren Buffett thinks its coming sooner, rather than later. Using his indicator, he believes the market is more overvalued than in 2008.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffetts-favorite-indicator-hints-that-stocks-are-significantly-overvalued-182944741.html

Also, someone recently did what they said they were going to do. The Establishment did not like that one bit and yes, the govt sucks!

#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Actually AAPL hit it out of the park and went from over 140 to 133. I bought it at 140.

#9731 3 years ago

Lots of comments about stock prices dropping after earnings. What I seem to notice with lots of these is that there is a run up in price starting 2 weeks or so before earnings are announced. I look at it as the upside is already priced in and to expect a sell off afterwards. Doesn't hold true for every stock, but I see it happening frequently.

#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

If it goes to $5, I will officially retire. I am in at .0016 and again at .0028

I got in on this also at .0028 with 200,000 shares.
See what happens.

#9733 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Lots of comments about stock prices dropping after earnings. What I seem to notice with lots of these is that there is a run up in price starting 2 weeks or so before earnings are announced. I look at it as the upside is already priced in and to expect a sell off afterwards. Doesn't hold true for every stock, but I see it happening frequently.

Yeah, it is fairly common to sell going into earnings on a variety of stocks.

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Actually AAPL hit it out of the park and went from over 140 to 133. I bought it at 140.

Hang on. It’s what Apple does. It’s in consolidation mode before it’s next leg up

I bought 1k shares of HUBS today before earnings. That worked out well

It’s a long time Fool play and Andres Cardenal pick

Fast growing CRM company

#9735 3 years ago

New Fool Nation top buys TODAY

CRSP, CRWD, PINS, FVRR, NVTA, SDGR, WD, ZM and TTD

APPN and HUBS are two more on the high conviction list

I bought SDGR, HUBS, CRWD and CRSP today. Only one I don’t own right now is ZM

Let your winners run

Fwiw. And it’s been worth every penny and then some!

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thoughts?
Warren Buffett thinks its coming sooner, rather than later. Using his indicator, he believes the market is more overvalued than in 2008.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffetts-favorite-indicator-hints-that-stocks-are-significantly-overvalued-182944741.html
Also, someone recently did what they said they were going to do. The Establishment did not like that one bit and yes, the govt sucks!

Yea the money printer goes brrrr

B1AE0C03-713F-45E4-8B14-EC328029B8FC.gifB1AE0C03-713F-45E4-8B14-EC328029B8FC.gif
#9737 3 years ago

Microsoft put a nice floor under PINS

It’s a beautiful search, e-commerce and digital ad play for years to come

#9738 3 years ago

Tailwinds? More like a hurricane force winds

Don’t fight the Fed. They are all in still and not worried about sustained inflation per Powell this week

Fiscal policy. Yes more wasteful spending is coming but the equity markets love it for now. And we still have the lag effect of last years $2.8 trillion money dump

Tax policy will remain favorable.

Trade policy? Game on again with China

Bonds? The only asset class in a real bubble.

Since 2018 $300 billion has actually come out of equities and $1 trillion has gone into Bonds.

Barbell approach? EPD, MGM and MAR a few of my favorites!

What to watch? That 10 yr treasury rate. If it starts rising quickly again that will
Cut growth stocks off at the knees!

Value and cyclicals need to be in the mix and a bigger piece as that rate rises

Just my take at the moment

Make sure you know where those safe ports in the face of a storm are

#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Had to print one lol
[quoted image]

Can I get one??? DIAMOND HANDS

#9740 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Except GOOG. A buddy bought a call before the GOOG explosion and made 14K on 1 $6000 call. He failed to mention he bought it.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Make sure you know where those safe ports in the face of a storm are

Where are the safe ports? Gulf of Mexico? lol

#9742 3 years ago

What's everyone's play today? I'm a bit nervous....Market seems primed for a big selloff and with Monday's closing, might be a long painful weekend. Hope I'm wrong here. I think after yesterday's selloff of pot stocks, there's some value. Going to watch CRON and if it dips below 10, might jump in for a long term play. It's one of the few US marketed pot companies (based in Toronto) and it actually held its own yesterday during all the Canadian only market stock sell offs.

#9743 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What's everyone's play today? I'm a bit nervous....Market seems primed for a big selloff and with Monday's closing, might be a long painful weekend. Hope I'm wrong here. I think after yesterday's selloff of pot stocks, there's some value. Going to watch CRON and if it dips below 10, might jump in for a long term play. It's one of the few US marketed pot companies (based in Toronto) and it actually held its own yesterday during all the Canadian only market stock sell offs.

I'm way up on CCIV. CCIV merger with LUCID seems imminent. I don't know if its still a buy at $25 over par, but I'm in at 23 and its trading 35 in premarket. I'm debating selling off 100 shares and dumping that into SPCE. Their rocket launch just got delayed so its tanking today. I feel like it is a good intermediate to long term hold. ARK is opening a ARKX ETF in the next month or so and that should help pump the price up a bit. THat combined with a successful test flight in the next few months looks promising.

#9744 3 years ago

I am mainly cash now, waiting for some juicy entry points as the market does seem to be wanting to go in a downward direction.

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Where are the safe ports? Gulf of Mexico? lol

Lol, Hurricane Harvey came right through my houses at Port Aransas and they are still standing strong!

As noted above and many times before, DIS is a long term no brainer with a "re-opening" element to it. All about the streaming obviously. The rest of it is icing on the cake.

Btw, i'm hoping we get a nice 10% correction sooner than later. Plenty of great companies to buy on a pullback.

I still think the Nasdaq is going MUCH higher in 2021.

#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, Hurricane Harvey came right through my houses at Port Aransas and they are still standing strong!
As noted above and many times before, DIS is a long term no brainer with a "re-opening" element to it. All about the streaming obviously. The rest of it is icing on the cake.

When the XMen character showed up on WandaVision last week all I could think about was how glad I was that I snapped up a bunch of DIS on the COVID dip...

#9747 3 years ago

Btw and fwiw.....

Get ready for this one folks, they are coming with an IPO. Gonna be a monster.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/16/coupang-crushed-amazon-to-become-south-koreas-biggest-online-retailer.html

#9748 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Bought some more $BL and $FSLY today for the long haul.

#9749 3 years ago

Sold 1/2 of my HUBS position i bought yesterday. 500 shares now for the long term.

Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered? Lol

#9750 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I got in on ARTL premarket at 2.90. Hope the price target of $7 becomes a reality. Need to make up for those dumb pot stocks yesterday

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 20,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/195?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.