IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 420.
#9501 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Palantir surges on partnership with IBM, COO says the tie-up is its largest
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/palantir-surges-on-partnership-with-ibm-131247025.html

Speaking from experience, tie ups with IBM rarely impact the bottom line in material ways. Glad the stock bounced, but not seeing this having significant long term impacts.

#9502 3 years ago

Well shit...I guess I violated a trade rule (selling securities before they were paid for) too many times on Fidelity and am not allowed to buy securities with unsettled cash for 90 days. Yikes! I guess it's sell or HODL or wait to buy for me for 3 months. I am so angry with myself that I didn't check my messages warning me. I guess I have never checked those messages on banking apps because they were always worthless. Lesson learned. Learn from my mistakes and don't be me.

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Well shit...I guess I violated a trade rule (selling securities before they were paid for) too many times on Fidelity and am not allowed to buy securities with unsettled cash for 90 days. Yikes! I guess it's sell or HODL or wait to buy for me for 3 months. I am so angry with myself that I didn't check my messages warning me. I guess I have never checked those messages on banking apps because they were always worthless. Lesson learned. Learn from my mistakes and don't be me.

I'm guessing you can upgrade to a margin account if you have $25k balance and get rid of that 90 day restriction.

#9504 3 years ago

Anybody own/look at UTZ
I think it has some long term potential

UTZ has been a quiet winner.
Not a flashy tech stock or meme stock, but up 50% since Nov. - not bad for potato chips

#9505 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm guessing you can upgrade to a margin account if you have $25k balance and get rid of that 90 day restriction.

I have a $300k balance so thank you! I'll look into that.

#9506 3 years ago

My 'fun' stocks,

CNSP up 23% today
HCMC up 129% today
SNDL up 26% today

Edit (Clarification): % from my position, not single day gain

#9507 3 years ago

Not a flashy tech stock or meme stock, but up 50% since Nov. - not bad for potato chips

My kid ate about 30 bags of their red hot chips in that time, so you can thank him. But he got tired of them a couple weeks ago. We have 6 unopened bags in the kitchen. Time to sell....

#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Speaking from experience, tie ups with IBM rarely impact the bottom line in material ways. Glad the stock bounced, but not seeing this having significant long term impacts.

I’m just glad it bounced back yesterday. Got out even. Will sit this one out for now. Thanks!

#9509 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion

#9510 3 years ago

APHA and TLRY this past month

#9511 3 years ago

Nice call on FIRE.to , made a nice tidy sum. Need to reevaluate if I really want to own this into earnings. It feels like people's hopes/expectations are slowly being priced in now.

#9512 3 years ago

Notable runner for me today is:
AI up 12.5% so far today - up 26% total so far.

Most stuff is up today which is a surprise. I was expecting a down day today. Beginning to wonder where the wall will be.

#9513 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

If I were that person, and I wasn't tracking day trade limits, I would consider passing on margin abilities

#9514 3 years ago

PINS, FSLY, and FVVR still good options or their recent increases causing everyone to look elsewhere?

#9515 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

PINS, FSLY, and FVVR still good options or their recent increases causing everyone to look elsewhere?

FVVR has done amazing, pins is okay..(not in fsly), but I'm wondering if it isn't time to take profits. Do people think as things open up over the year these will lose people's interest?

#9516 3 years ago

Sold off a portion of tsla and goog today. Sitting on 25% cash. Thought about adding some MIK? Reopen trade.

#9517 3 years ago

GSAT is killing it today.. I bought a thousand shares yesterday, had no idea it was going to spike 50% today. They made some 5g modem deal with qualcomm today.

#9518 3 years ago

New York (CNN Business)Robinhood is being sued for the wrongful death of a 20-year-old college student who died by suicide last summer after he saw a negative balance of $730,000 in his trading account and mistakenly believed that was the sum of money he owed.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/investing/robinhood-lawsuit-suicide/index.html

#9519 3 years ago

Oh yea, FOUR continues to push upwards!

249A8332-9593-492B-9EF9-3ABD20EC0F6C (resized).jpeg249A8332-9593-492B-9EF9-3ABD20EC0F6C (resized).jpeg
#9520 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

New York (CNN Business)Robinhood is being sued for the wrongful death of a 20-year-old college student who died by suicide last summer after he saw a negative balance of $730,000 in his trading account and mistakenly believed that was the sum of money he owed.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/investing/robinhood-lawsuit-suicide/index.html

Yeah, that was last year...news recycling it because of recent RH attention. Unfortunately the kid didn't understand Margin balances and thought he owed 750k. Sad, but don't see how this one was RHs fault.

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Nice call on FIRE.to , made a nice tidy sum. Need to reevaluate if I really want to own this into earnings. It feels like people's hopes/expectations are slowly being priced in now.

Your welcome.

#9522 3 years ago

Someone was talking about SNDL this morning. Some pretty juicy call premiums if you write the Jan 21, 2022 $1.50 calls. You can get $1.10 right now with the stock trading at $1.67. If my math is correct, 163% return ($1.10 - (1.67-1.50)/(1.67-1.10). So stock has to fall below $0.57 before you can lose money.

#9523 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

My 'fun' stocks,
CNSP up 23% today
HCMC up 129% today
SNDL up 26% today
Edit (Clarification): % from my position, not single day gain

Yea my hcmc is up 600% since purchase. Not bad! Im going to hold until .01 and then sell half. let the rest ride for fun. Could just about get a Stern Pro with the profits so far....

Actually I think in this thread we should all refer to profits in terms of how many Pins that would be instead of dollars. Like I bought tesla and Im up two Stern Premiums.....

#9524 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea my hcmc is up 600% since purchase. Not bad! Im going to hold until .01 and then sell half. let the rest ride for fun. Could just about get a Stern Pro with the profits so far....
Actually I think in this thread we should all refer to profits in terms of how many Pins that would be instead of dollars. Like I bought tesla and Im up two Stern Premiums.....

I would not have room if I converted YTD profits to pins

#9525 3 years ago

Just bought 4 $10 games for $20 at gamestop. Am I doing this right?

#9526 3 years ago

I would not have room if I converted YTD profits to pins

Ha me neither, its been an awesome 12 months. My last 3 months have been really great. I only have room for 6 pins and I currently have 5 with GnR LE on the way. So will need my kids to give up their basement playroom to add more(or give up my 9 foot pool table but F that)

#9527 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just bought 4 $10 games for $20 at gamestop. Am I doing this right?

yes.. now hold onto those games until they are worth $400 each

#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Fire is crazy. You think it’s gonna keep going? Worth holding?

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

A few months ago I made a spreadsheet, just for fun. In there I have what I own, how much there is, and what the current dividend is.

I set up some calculations to show what each pays in annual div (assuming that doesn’t change, but I just keep the latest), and then the annual total of dividends.

I have a final section. I have a field for “NIB Stern”, and have that at $6,000, simply because it’s a round number. Then I have calculations for “quarters until NIB” and “X til NIB per year”.

They are related, as the first value is 4X the second, but are expressing 2 thoughts without having to do a calculation. The first one is saying “If I didn’t buy anything more, and dividend values stayed the same, this is how many quarters I would have to save before I could get a NIB”. The second one is saying “I have to multiply my current holdings by this many multiples if I want a free NIB Stern every year”.

I know it’s not an exact thing, but it comes from a conversation I had with a coworker one time. It’s all just for fun.

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A few months ago I made a spreadsheet, just for fun. In there I have what I own, how much there is, and what the current dividend is.
I set up some calculations to show what each pays in annual div (assuming that doesn’t change, but I just keep the latest), and then the annual total of dividends.
I have a final section. I have a field for “NIB Stern”, and have that at $6,000, simply because it’s a round number. Then I have calculations for “quarters until NIB” and “X til NIB per year”.
They are related, as the first value is 4X the second, but are expressing 2 thoughts without having to do a calculation. The first one is saying “If I didn’t buy anything more, and dividend values stayed the same, this is how many quarters I would have to save before I could get a NIB”. The second one is saying “I have to multiply my current holdings by this many multiples if I want a free NIB Stern every year”.
I know it’s not an exact thing, but it comes from a conversation I had with a coworker one time. It’s all just for fun.

That's awesome! I love making spreadsheets.. I catch a lot is hit from the wife and friends, until they need me to make one for them!

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I like it! Ive certainly used my stock gains to by pins at times. Money isnt an issue but my wife hates them. So at least it helps me make the case to her.

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Not sure, as I really don't know where their products rank in the grand pot ecosystem. I mainly invested due to a combination of good management, looming profitability and low stock price.

My gut says it still has room, but there may be better plays at the current stock price.

Also this is not stock advice. My opinion changes often and frequently.

#9533 3 years ago

Anyone know why Cedar Fair (FUN) tanked after hours today? I own a small lot of it. Was hoping it’d recover post Covid, but it took a 19% drop after hours today.

#9534 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I sold half my warrants today to cover the cost of the remaining 50%. So it is a freeroll basically for the rest. If I throw them into the kids RESP, get a free 20% bump from the government in grants. I think FIRE is just following the industry's current direction as all of the cannabis stocks are flying. Never hurts to sell some a take some gains.

#9535 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Anyone know why Cedar Fair (FUN) tanked after hours today? I own a small lot of it. Was hoping it’d recover post Covid, but it took a 19% drop after hours today.

Errr...nevermind. That must have been a yahoo glitch. I hope!

#9536 3 years ago

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/fun/after-hours

Looks like it really did drop 20%, Something is going on.

#9537 3 years ago

Anyone know when the lockup on C3.ai shares is over? Want to bet on it, but don't want to watch the market flooded with shares right after I buy.

#9538 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone know when the lockup on C3.ai shares is over? Want to bet on it, but don't want to watch the market flooded with shares right after I buy.

6 months after it started trading.

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

May 13. PLTR is this Friday or next.

#9540 3 years ago

This cracked me up
42AF17B7-2891-4744-8C0D-7A2284E04EA7 (resized).png42AF17B7-2891-4744-8C0D-7A2284E04EA7 (resized).png

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

May 13. PLTR is this Friday.

Remind me to dump PLTR this week

#9543 3 years ago

Anyone know anything about the Bumble (BMBL) IPO due out soon?

#9544 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Remind me to dump PLTR this week

No doubt, 80% will be unlocked.. only 20% trading right now.

#9546 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I sold my SNDL today. Climbing after market. Maybe I should have held it.

Never know....you may have made the smart move. I'm seeing some price forecasts of $3, so I'm going to let it ride. It's getting a lot of press, fundamentals are good, so I set a sell at $3. If it rockets ill go to $5. I only have a small 1000 share position, so I can withstand a dip. I really bought it as a dip into weed stocks and a long term play, but if it gets caught up in the meme hype tomorrow ill grab my profit and go.

#9547 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Oh yea, FOUR continues to push upwards![quoted image]

The FOUR chart and SQ chart are almost identical. I'm currently in SQ. I'm thinking the payment rev will be up big time due to everyone buying online. I think they are both headed higher.

#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:Never know....you may have made the smart move. I'm seeing some price forecasts of $3, so I'm going to let it ride. It's getting a lot of press, fundamentals are good, so I set a sell at $3. If it rockets ill go to $5. I only have a small 1000 share position, so I can withstand a dip. I really bought it as a dip into weed stocks and a long term play, but if it gets caught up in the meme hype tomorrow ill grab my profit and go.

All of this active investing stuff is just out of my pinball slush fund. I got in on 100 shares of SNDL at 1.08 and wrote a $2 strike call for a $.10 premium to expire on the 18th. Wouldnt be bad to make 100% on this obviously, but would really like to retain that underlying stock.

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Never know....you may have made the smart move. I'm seeing some price forecasts of $3, so I'm going to let it ride. It's getting a lot of press, fundamentals are good, so I set a sell at $3. If it rockets ill go to $5. I only have a small 1000 share position, so I can withstand a dip. I really bought it as a dip into weed stocks and a long term play, but if it gets caught up in the meme hype tomorrow ill grab my profit and go.

I bought 3000 shares Feb 3rd. Decided to buy it when you posted about it I think. (worked out great, thanks). We'll see tomorrow if I made the right decision. I seem to sell the ones that I should not sell and keep the ones I should not keep. LOL

I did buy OGI in Extended Hours. Only 1K shares. fingers crossed

#9550 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This cracked me up
[quoted image]

Funny.

This should be animated so the stairs collapse under the guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/191?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.