Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 421.
#9451 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Its an investing question dealing with stocks and it is going to happen, sorry. Who is taking it personally? Its investing, making money nothing else. Do you want to answer the question, i am curious what you guys would do in such a case.

It's not an investing question....It's a veiled attempt to shine your position in a positive light. A real investor could give 2c about what ABC company does as long as it increases their share price (short of human atrocities). If Amazon started accepting magic beans and magic beans went through the roof, if I own Amazon stock and it's doing well, I'm not going to care. Doesn't mean I believe magic beans is a viable investment vehicle nor does it mean I'm going to invest in it. So, your question was a red Herring at best.

#9452 3 years ago

I bought PSTH this morning and just sold with an 11% gain in a few hours. Wish I could just do that every day; I could retire.

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I bought PSTH this morning and just sold with an 11% gain in a few hours. Wish I could just do that every day; I could retire.

Something is up behind the curtain

#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Something is up behind the curtain

I got out at 33.07. I learned a long time ago that sometimes I regret not holding on but more often I REALLY regret holding on too long.

#9455 3 years ago

So....let's say you have $10, 25, maybe even $50k just sitting around...how do you invest it? Gold? Silver? Market?

#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So....let's say you have $10, 25, maybe even $50k just sitting around...how do you invest it? Gold? Silver? Market?

I'd throw it at a company I have a lot of faith in, like Apple. But it really depends what sort of return you're looking for and how much you want to gamble with it.

#9457 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How much does that $10K represent for your entire investment portfolio? Do you have a 401k already being smart about level of aggressiveness for your age? Do you already have X amount invested? If so, how much, and in what? Or is this your first foray into stocks? Do you have other income producing investments? Also, how old are you?

#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd throw it at a company I have a lot of faith in, like Apple. But it really depends what sort of return you're looking for and how much you want to gamble with it.

Why would you throw it all at a single company when these days a single tweet can ruin you?

The better answer would be spread it out or put it in an index. Unless, your intent truly is to gamble.

#9459 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Do your DD on CNSP, but several analysts are jumping on this and giving it a price target of $10. I have a small position in it.
Not financial advice, just a heads up.

In at $2.99 thanks to this post, thread delivered again!

#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Whichever one has the most upside at the given time. Over the years, I've invested in the market, metals, real estate, venture capital, peer to peer loans...even comic books when I was in High School I try to watch the trends and when a sector gets red hot, I usually find the one that's depressed, and start moving my money there.

#9461 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why would you throw it all at a single company when these days a single tweet can ruin you?
The better answer would be spread it out or put it in an index. Unless, your intent truly is to gamble.

That's why I didn't say TSLA

#9462 3 years ago

CNSP up 25% +/- today. Earnings report on Thursday. I bought 100 shares at 3.42. I am holding based on the target price longer term of $10 and want at least wait till the earnings report. I hope I don't regret it!

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Penny stocks are usually penny stocks for a reason.
A much better stock in the clean energy category is REGI or SEDG

anybody get in on REGI?
Up 14%+ today

#9464 3 years ago

OGI is just a monster mover recently
I think it's a buy if it dips back under $3

#9465 3 years ago

What am I missing when it comes to Apple? I have bought it before and then sold it a short time later. I just don't see how it has a market cap 5x that of Walmart. They don't even make the best phones. I switched from Samsung to Iphone once and went back two weeks later. Has it just gotten by on the name and the consistent share price increases and splitting creating faith in it? I just have never really gotten it.

#9466 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

What am I missing when it comes to Apple? I have bought it before and then sold it a short time later. I just don't see how it has a market cap 5x that of Walmart. They don't even make the best phones. I switched from Samsung to Iphone once and went back two weeks later. Has it just gotten by on the name and the consistent share price increases and splitting creating faith in it? I just have never really gotten it.

I detest Apple products, don't like using them at all but have owned the stock for years.
All it takes is one walk (pre-covid) past an Apple store to see all the people in there when the other mall stores are empty
People love their products and they do a good job of locking you into their eco-system.

#9467 3 years ago

OGI is just a monster mover recently
I think it's a buy if it dips back under $3

i bought it last week in the $1.70's, sold the feb 19th $2.50 calls at .23 per share - tough to complain as i made like 60% (provided it stays above the 250 mark) - but it has gone up like crazy - i had actually planned on buying more today as the call premium is so good - i got tied up at work and when i went to do it it was already over 3 so i won't do it.

hopefully there will be a good dip shortly

thanks ed

#9468 3 years ago

Im interested in GM after their earnings report. With all their EVs coming out they may be well positioned.(i want that EV hummer in my life).

#9469 3 years ago

I detest Apple products, don't like using them at all but have owned the stock for years.
All it takes is one walk (pre-covid) past an Apple store to see all the people in there when the other mall stores are empty
People love their products and they do a good job of locking you into their eco-system.

They have also done a great job of making lots of recurring revenue streams, like Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness, Apple TV+, etc

As an Apple user, I haven't loved everything they've been doing the last several year...but it's hard to argue with their results.

#9470 3 years ago

Yeah, I don't own a single Apple product. I simply hate their business model, but it is no secret that there are billions who love it. I've owned Apple off and on over the last 5 years and always made money on it.

#9471 3 years ago

I could see a big jump in the stock if they sign a deal with an auto company to manufacture the rumored Apple EV.

#9472 3 years ago

I saw a few posts with a heads-up on EXRO from our Canadian friends in this thread, and looking to be a good call. It was up ~20% yesterday and another ~18% today. Here's hoping Tesla or someone big gets attracted at some point...

#9473 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Will any of you guys that hate Bitcoin going to be divesting from the companies that adopt it in the future. Are you guys dumping Apple when it buys Bitcoin?

How does one purchase Bitcoin other than converting existing cash?

#9474 3 years ago

What does this line mean? Is this from bots?

0F7F812A-AB07-4B50-ACAA-BBE3843CB377 (resized).png0F7F812A-AB07-4B50-ACAA-BBE3843CB377 (resized).png
#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Cash, credit card, or using your Paypal balance to buy it via Paypal are all easy options.

#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There is a Bitcoin thread to keep things organized. Come on over!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi#post-6124205

#9477 3 years ago

Is oil set to break out? GUSH up 13% today, NRGU up 17% today (34% over the last week). NRGU went from $1000 to $35 between January and March of last year. Currently at $96. Consumption will be heading up as people get back to vacations again. Trains, planes and cruise ships should all be seeing more use again this summer.

#9478 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What does this line mean? Is this from bots?
[quoted image]

Probably no change in price over the time span?

For those that like the Canadian cannabis companies, you should check out ACB and HEXO. Both had reverse splits during the last year. So although stocks like OGI and APHA are doing well, ACB and HEXO are still very low given their pre-split prices. HEXO did a 1:4 reverse split so really it's pre-split price right now is only around $2.75, ACB 1:12 so it is pre-split at $1.60.

#9479 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I saw a few posts with a heads-up on EXRO from our Canadian friends in this thread, and looking to be a good call. It was up ~20% yesterday and another ~18% today. Here's hoping Tesla or someone big gets attracted at some point...

Definitely, I think Exro is going to be an awesome stock. They announced their first commercial order.

#9480 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is oil set to break out? GUSH up 13% today, NRGU up 17% today (34% over the last week). NRGU went from $1000 to $35 between January and March of last year. Currently at $96. Consumption will be heading up as people get back to vacations again. Trains, planes and cruise ships should all be seeing more use again this summer.

In addition to the oil price war, that $1000 to $35 drop had to involve splits no? I know Gush had 40 to 1 splits.

#9481 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

In addition to the oil price war, that $1000 to $35 drop had to involve splits no? I know Gush had 40 to 1 splits.

I dont think NGRU has ever split from what I can see. The big crash happened last year when oil prices went negative, and never recoverd. GUSH went reverse 40-1 in March.

#9482 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I dont think NGRU has ever split from what I can see. The big crash happened last year when oil prices went negative, and never recoverd. GUSH went reverse 40-1 in March.

20 to 1 reverse?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bank-of-montreal-announces-the-reverse-split-of-nrgu-etns-301145058.html

#9484 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That NRGU, not NGRU. It tricked me also when I searched.

Aha! Lol, dyslexia strikes qgain

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Aha! Lol, dyslexia strikes qgain

I'm all twisted up. I'm going to write NRGU on a chalk board 100 times now.

#9486 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Oils been on a roll for a while along with most other commodities.

#9487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Probably no change in price over the time span?
For those that like the Canadian cannabis companies, you should check out ACB and HEXO. Both had reverse splits during the last year. So although stocks like OGI and APHA are doing well, ACB and HEXO are still very low given their pre-split prices. HEXO did a 1:4 reverse split so really it's pre-split price right now is only around $2.75, ACB 1:12 so it is pre-split at $1.60.

What about SNDL?

#9488 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I got out at 33.07. I learned a long time ago that sometimes I regret not holding on but more often I REALLY regret holding on too long.

PSTH

Haven't sold since $22ish in August and still not selling

#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PSTH
Haven't sold since $22ish in August and still not selling

What's on the horizon for PSTH? Been wanting to join the party but not sure If I'm too late already?

#9490 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What about SNDL?

I'm done with the meme stocks. I was late to the party on gme and nakd. It's going to take me months to crawl out of the hole they put me in. Unless gme has a miracle comeback soon

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

HCMC the real movement comes if they settle their suit against Phillip Morris for patent infringement.

HCMC has 105B shares!! So, when they win: $2b- $1b to lawyers= $1b/105b shares= $0.01/share. Yeah, $0.10 would be a good exit.

#9492 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I'm done with the meme stocks. I was late to the party on gme and nakd. It's going to take me months to crawl out of the hole they put me in. Unless gme has a miracle comeback soon

Wasn't aware SNDL was a meme stock....

#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

HCMC has 105B shares!! So, when they win: $2b- $1b to lawyers= $1b/105b shares= $0.01/share. Yeah, $0.10 would be a good exit.

If they win the play might be a licensing deal with PM. But yes .10 would be fantastic on a .0015 strike. I'm thinking more like .05.

#9494 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wasn't aware SNDL was a meme stock....

It's not necessarily. It was mentioned on reddit but it has fundamentals behind it. If they get market share into the US, watch out. Ive made 10% on it in two weeks.

"Even though meme-based retail trading may be responsible for some of Sundial stock's performance, it's important to recognize that the company is actually significantly increasing its financial strength. In late December of last year, it restructured its liabilities to become debt-free, which could support higher valuations.

Then, on Feb. 2, it closed a new registered offering worth approximately $100 million (less underwriting discounts and offering expenses). In other words, management has an influx of cash to drive new growth. That's a huge improvement compared to a year ago, and worth paying attention to."

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's not. It was mentioned on reddit but it has fundamentals behind it. If they get market share into the US, watch out. Ive made 10% on it in two weeks.

Thanks!

#9496 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What miracle comeback are you waiting for - fair value is probably about 10% of current stock price
Sell now and absorb the lesson before you lose more

#9497 3 years ago

What miracle comeback are you waiting for - fair value is probably about 10% of current stock price

Probably the same one I've been waiting for the last week or so.

But you probably are right.

#9498 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What about SNDL?

Those that like to write covered calls on cannabis stocks may like it. Not many stocks in the $1 range you can write calls on. I have never followed this company.

#9499 3 years ago

The release of more update short info they will be released at the end of today.

On a better note I got in on DSS yesterday and it's doing well so far

#9500 3 years ago

Palantir surges on partnership with IBM, COO says the tie-up is its largest

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/palantir-surges-on-partnership-with-ibm-131247025.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.