IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 420.
#9401 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

What's the deal with Dodgecoin? It this a joke currency? It's $0.0784 so I'm not understanding why the hype. Is it a little over 7 cents or am I reading this wrong... New to crypto so trying to figure this out.

The deal is Elon and notable figures keep tweeting about it, but Elon said in an interview he was joking about Dogecoin....

#9402 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was a crypto made to mock other cryptos. But Musk tweeted about it so it skyrocketed in value (relatively speaking).

But the value is at 7 cents right? Or am I reading the value wrong.

#9403 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

But the value is at 7 cents right? Or am I reading the value wrong.

That's correct

#9404 3 years ago

So it's a hoax and you can't even buy it. Is that correct?

#9405 3 years ago

Holy crap PayPal and sea limited!!!

#9406 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

It's not a hoax, and you can buy it. However it was intended as a joke, and there is no limit on what can be produced. You could play daily moves, but most would suggest not to invest in it long term as a viable option.

#9407 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I tossed a few dollars at this morning and will probably cash out by lunch. I already made enough to buy lunch

#9408 3 years ago

FYI, a crypto thread has been created: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi

Please use it. I will likely read it (as I do the other Bitcoin thread), as I find it all interesting, especially the technology aspect. Keeping this thread focused on stocks would be ideal.

#9409 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I made 35K in one day on AMC. There are much better/safer opportunities than holding your breath for 3 years on a speculative play like BTC. I'm not in anyway knocking those that want to gamble on BTC. But the same people in here knocking GME/AMC don't seem to realize that BTC is the exact same gamble. And the exact same thing that happened to GME/AMC can very possibly happen to BTC. For those invested I hope it doesn't. But be cautious.

I have been saying, only invest $ you in crypto you have no issues losing.
If you do the research, BTC has a lot going for it. It was difficult for me to grasp at first also, but that is the best time to get into an investment -> when the majority of people have yet to grasp and understand it's true value. That's when you make the most money.
I don't think you have to hold your breath for 3 years on BTC.

But ... I understand why it's not for everybody.
I just felt like I had cash I could afford to lose, why not jump on board and I bought in around $9k

#9410 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not a hoax, and you can buy it. However it was intended as a joke, and there is no limit on what can be produced. You could play daily moves, but most would suggest not to invest in it long term as a viable option.

Sort of like the USD - there is no limit on what can be produced

#9411 3 years ago

Took some profits and sold about 1/2 of my PINS stock after a 33% gain over the last few months.
Just bought into GNOG.
Still holding CCIV and up about 50% the past few weeks. Fingers crossed for the LUCID merger.

Edit for posterity:
In at 61.30 on PINS (after buying and selling a couple times)
In at 23.23 on CCIV
In at 18.50 on GNOG

#9412 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Took some profits and sold about 1/2 of my PINS stock after a 33% gain over the last few months.
Just bought into GNOG.
Still holding CCIV and up about 50% the past few weeks. Fingers crossed for the LUCID merger.
Edit for posterity:
In at 23.23 on CCIV
In at 18.50 on GNOG

Funny, added slightly to my PINS position today.

#9413 3 years ago

Nice to see XOM finally climbing back up. I bought back in early March at $50 as everything was just starting to fall. Wish I'd bought more a couple weeks later when it bottomed out around $30. Good dividend stock, so I'll likely be holding on to it long term.

#9414 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Good luck with my shares and enjoy good sir.

#9415 3 years ago

NRGU looking pretty fine today.

#9416 3 years ago

I bought PINS just before they reported. Sold it the next day and moved that into VYGR

#9417 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Nice to see XOM finally climbing back up. I bought back in early March at $50 as everything was just starting to fall. Wish I'd bought more a couple weeks later when it bottomed out around $30. Good dividend stock, so I'll likely be holding on to it long term.

So I may make it back to even one day with an average cost of $69US

#9418 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So I may make it back to even one day with an average cost of $69US

My initial buy was $66, but I kept buying all the way down to $33 or so. Some shares I swing traded for profits, but the remaining shares I cost averaged down to about $50 (plus collected 4 quarters of juicy dividends).

It was $45 just 5 days ago, now $52. Feels like that was the final dip.

#9419 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Me too...that puppy has more room to grow

#9420 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Me too...that puppy has more room to grow

I am backing up the truck on Pins and DKNG once the dust settles

#9421 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

What's the deal with Dodgecoin? It this a joke currency? It's $0.0784 so I'm not understanding why the hype. Is it a little over 7 cents or am I reading this wrong... New to crypto so trying to figure this out.

Stay far away. It's literally a memecoin. It's used for nothing. When it crashes it will be hard and fast. It's got value because of some very public "pumping" going on by celebrities and others.

#9422 3 years ago

Buying some ZNGA today. Fool had a nice write up about them and I like what I see about the company.

#9423 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just bought into GNOG.
Edit for posterity:
In at 23.23 on CCIV
In at 18.50 on GNOG

Agree on GNOG....Undervalued IMO, especially with the expansion they are eyeing and the recent earnings report.

#9424 3 years ago

HCMC is up 86%....Wonder if there is any insider knowledge on the PM lawsuit. I bought at .0015.

EDIT: Would appear they are converting shares.

#9425 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

HCMC is up 86%....Wonder if there is any insider knowledge on the PM lawsuit. I bought at .0015.

Just started checking this thread a few weeks ago. I have like 2m shares of this on a wim. up 500% so far....This one is just like a dumb lotto ticket as it is super cheap. so far so good though. ALPP has been my baby last 90 days. Bought in at .38 and its at 9 bucks today. Crazy.

#9426 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not financial advice but one Canadian cannabis stock worth looking at is Supreme Cannabis ("FIRE"). They have been hard hit and starting to recover a little. Current price is around $0.26/share. They also just issued warrants which give the hold the option to buy their shares for $0.23 out to Jan 2024. The warrants are currenting selling at around $0.10. Their main cannabis brands are 7acres, blissco, sugarleaf and hiway. Can see them getting taken over down the road.

The warrants are up around 60% in the last week. One to watch if you like cheap cannabis plays.

#9427 3 years ago

PSTH up another 3% any new rumors on a merger?

#9428 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just started checking this thread a few weeks ago. I have like 2m shares of this on a wim. up 500% so far....This one is just like a dumb lotto ticket as it is super cheap. so far so good though. ALPP has been my baby last 90 days. Bought in at .38 and its at 9 bucks today. Crazy.

Right there with you....Millions of shares. Stocktwits is going bonkers saying this is going to $1 by end of week....lol Will be happy to see .01. If it goes to $1 and I make a Million dollars, I'm buying a new stern for someone on this board...lol

#9429 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Ackman tweeted out a silly YouTube video of a rapper singing a song about him. Calling him bill spacman.

That’s about it.

#9430 3 years ago

Thanks to whoever it was that talked about PSTH, BXMT and GAIN a while back! Those are all doing well for me. Thank you!

I am fine with people discussing Bitcoin on this thread, FWIW. This is a pinball forum so this is all off-topic. I have to laugh at the guys saying Bitcoin is just like cash or stocks. No. Both of those have some of the flaws of Bitcoin but they are backed by something far more real: the US government or a large company and a stock exchange. Bitcoin is like the Emperor's new clothes of investments. People are saying it is the future of currency but hardly anybody is using it for currency, just a speculative investment. Those invested have to keep trying to dupe the rest of us into buying this crap so their investment goes up. Bitcoin is Myspace for now, but what about when Facebook comes into play? There is no limit on how many cryptocurrencies that can be made. How people are paying thousands for a fart in the wind is amazing to me. And this coming from someone who invests in Magic, the Gathering cards, literally just a piece of cardboard with printing on it that I am paying thousands for. That seems a little insane but they are at least tangible, difficult to accurately replicate, and serve a purpose for entertainment.

#9431 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Thanks to whoever it was that talked about PSTH, BXMT and GAIN a while back! Those are all doing well for me. Thank you!
I am fine with people discussing Bitcoin on this thread, FWIW. This is a pinball forum so this is all off-topic. I have to laugh at the guys saying Bitcoin is just like cash or stocks. No. Both of those have some of the flaws of Bitcoin but they are backed by something far more real: the US government or a large company and a stock exchange. Bitcoin is like the Emperor's new clothes of investments. People are saying it is the future of currency but hardly anybody is using it for currency, just a speculative investment. Those invested have to keep trying to dupe the rest of us into buying this crap so their investment goes up. Bitcoin is Myspace for now, but what about when Facebook comes into play? There is no limit on how many cryptocurrencies that can be made. How people are paying thousands for a fart in the wind is amazing to me. And this coming from someone who invests in Magic, the Gathering cards, literally just a piece of cardboard with printing on it that I am paying thousands for. That seems a little insane but they are at least tangible, difficult to accurately replicate, and serve a purpose for entertainment.

People do use bitcoin as a currency. It's just mostly for illegal stuff like buying drugs or paying off ransomware attacks.

#9432 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People do use bitcoin as a currency. It's just mostly for illegal stuff like buying drugs or paying off ransomware attacks.

Touche. Well, I guess if there had been a way to "invest" in the Central and South American cocaine trade without doing anything illegal yourself in the 80's that would have been pretty sweet. Maybe I should have more FOMO.

#9433 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Right there with you....Millions of shares. Stocktwits is going bonkers saying this is going to $1 by end of week....lol Will be happy to see .01. If it goes to $1 and I make a Million dollars, I'm buying a new stern for someone on this board...lol

stocktwits says a lot of dumb stuff. Every pennystock is "going to be a $1". most are just pump and dumps probably.

#9434 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Same here on XOM. I got in at $37.50 in early Sept. 2020. Great dividend, x div tomorrow. Expecting crude oil prices to keep going up as world economy recovers from Covid.....good for a number of oil stocks. Planning to keep XOM longer term.

Also bought OXY at the end of 2020......up very nicely in the past 6 weeks. OXY also does business outside of the US and I believe that it has a lot of upside potential remaining.

#9435 3 years ago

i guess i mean many commenters and not stocktwits. anyways most pennies wont get to $1

#9436 3 years ago

PLTR looking like a possible momentum play today could break out as the MACD is crossing again.

Edit - just bought some

#9437 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I bought 150k shares at 0.0016. I didn't have the money you guys do, but thought it sounded like a good idea when you posted about it.

If it goes to $1/share I'll be dancing in my front yard. Hell, I'd take $0.10.

Just as a dumb question, do you go in and set a sell order at a particular price in case you missing it when it runs up? I know this kind of stuff can be really volatile.

#9438 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I bought 150k shares at 0.0016. I didn't have the money you guys do, but thought it sounded like a good idea when you posted about it.
Just as a dumb question, do you go in and set a sell order at a particular price in case you missing it when it runs up? I know this kind of stuff can be really volatile.

You can do that. with pennies I usually take my initial investment out after a nice run up. Like ALPP for example I bought 5k shares at .38. Once it hit 90 cents I sold like 2k shares and let the remaining 3k ride. Now its at 9 bucks and Im a very happy man.

#9439 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The warrants are up around 60% in the last week. One to watch if you like cheap cannabis plays.

I think I might take a flyer on this after doing some dd, seems promissing. Though I always have a thought of 'what am I missing?' after most of my 'online dd'.

Out of curiousity does anyone here step outside of what is readily available on the internet when doing dd?

#9440 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I think I might take a flyer on this after doing some dd, seems promissing. Though I always have a thought of 'what am I missing?' after most of my 'online dd'.
Out of curiousity does anyone here step outside of what is readily available on the internet when doing dd?

I would check out their products they offer and see which provincial website is carrying their stuff. Any stock in this price range is risky. That is why I like the warrants better. Less to risk and have three years for it to turn around. Personally, I think they will get bought by a bigger player that wants their brand names, etc.

#9441 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Thats great...you doubled if not 3x your money in a weeks time. For something like HCMC the real movement comes if they settle their suit against Phillip Morris for patent infringement. I bought 1M shares for $1500. I could cash out, but the upside for me is worth more than the 1500 profit minus taxes. So ill let it ride. But you do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable...no shame at all in taking your 100% gain.

#9442 3 years ago

Will any of you guys that hate Bitcoin going to be divesting from the companies that adopt it in the future. Are you guys dumping Apple when it buys Bitcoin?

#9443 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Will any of you guys that hate Bitcoin going to be divesting from the companies that adopt it in the future. Are you guys dumping Apple when it buys Bitcoin?

No, but I will shake my fist at the clouds and vote against them owning it if a shareholder resolution comes up.

Now, if they say they are abandoning everything else they do and focusing entirely on crypto...then I suggest not standing between me and the door.

#9444 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think merger is going to be announced soon. I'm in on this one.

#9445 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Geesh, can we dispense with the BTC sniping? It's done, move along or go post in the BTC thread. No sense in taking it so personal that not everyone agrees with your position.

#9446 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I think merger is going to be announced soon. I'm in on this one.

Up 6.5% go - go - go

#9447 3 years ago

Its an investing question dealing with stocks and it is going to happen, sorry. Who is taking it personally? Its investing, making money nothing else. Do you want to answer the question, i am curious what you guys would do in such a case.

#9448 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Its an investing question dealing with stocks and it is going to happen, sorry. Who is taking it personally? Its investing, making money nothing else. Do you want to answer the question, i am curious what you guys would do in such a case.

I think most of us don't care one way or another about BTC. Whether a company invests in BTC does not make me want to buy them in particular. Now, enough with the crypto talk.

#9449 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thats great...you doubled if not 3x your money in a weeks time. For something like HCMC the real movement comes if they settle their suit against Phillip Morris for patent infringement. I bought 1M shares for $1500. I could cash out, but the upside for me is worth more than the 1500 profit minus taxes. So ill let it ride. But you do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable...no shame at all in taking your 100% gain.

Thanks for the insight. I’m only in for $240 so it’s not a big deal if it doesn’t pan out.

You’re definitely right about the taxes. A $240 profit * regular income taxes = not worth it.

My problem has always been establishing an exit strategy. I’ve talked to a lot of traders and always seem to get the same two answers.

1. “I don’t know, I just get out when it feels right”.

2. “I don’t give investment advice”.

#9450 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

stocktwits says a lot of dumb stuff. Every pennystock is "going to be a $1". most are just pump and dumps probably.

yeah, it is just thousands of people either TO THE MOON! or shorts trolling them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 20,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/189?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.