Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 421.
#9351 3 years ago

The keys
Yes usually the exchange holds your keys but not all the time. Most the major exchanges keep them.
Hardware wallets owner gets keys.

You can buy fractions like right now
1 dollar is 0.000026 bitcoins or 2,600 satoshi
(1 Bitcoin = 10 million satoshi, satoshi is smallest unit of Bitcoin)

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So what does it actually mean to buy into part of a coin? Is it sold on contract like forex futures, or is someone obtaining the underlying asset? (Doesn't someone need to hold a password for that? Is that the brokerage?)

I doubt Bitcoin will get banned or taxed 50%. Too many politicians use Bitcoin.
It will likely get taxed like stocks, short or long term gains. All the major exchanges report to the IRS anyway.

Edit Visa is about to enter the space too, Square is already there for awhile. I doubt these companies would invest in a wild gamble.

#9352 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The keys
Yes usually the exchange holds your keys but not all the time. Most the major exchanges keep them.
Hardware wallets owner gets keys.
You can buy fractions like right now
1 dollar is 0.000026 bitcoins or 2,600 satoshi
(1 Bitcoin = 10 million satoshi, satoshi is smallest unit of Bitcoin)

I doubt Bitcoin will get banned or taxed 50%. Too many politicians use Bitcoin.
It will likely get taxed like stocks, short or long term gains. All the major exchanges report to the IRS anyway.
Edit Visa is about to enter the space too, Square is already there for awhile. I doubt these companies would invest in a gamble.

But isn't that the whole point? Once all these people get into it and it is being tracked, all of the awesome benefits are now gone, and you are back to the rich hold the most and the latecomers have pennies. A universal currency I could see, but that isn't really the push behind digital currency. This is just ending up more of the same.

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I've been investing the same period of time as you, though I'm 47.
We share identical sentiments. Though I think I've concluded this some time ago based on your posts.
I've never been out of the market either. We keep about 12 months expenses in cash (have done since married in our late 20s)... everything else is invested, all the time. No dry powder, there is no powder, it's all in.
My risk is entirely managed via dispersion through index funds and, further, balance through a mix of equity based and debt based funds. Easiest, cleanest way to do it.

If someone misses the 5 biggest days (historical data I can't predict the future) but someone missed just the 5 biggest gain days in the market their returns are almost 40% less than someone who was invested the entire time (over a 38 year time period). I can not predict if tomorrow or next week or next month might be one of the biggest gain days of the year so I just stay fully invested. I will get a paper loss here and there but it will come back (always has).

Note: I am 55 and do have a percentage of my savings in Bonds this is part of my asset allocation (sometimes Bonds perform better than stocks and bonds smooth out the choppy waters). My bonds are not bets to time the market they are just part of an asset allocation, if Stocks get too cheap and my bond position grows I can sell some bonds to buy cheap stocks or vice versa but that is re-balance not the same as market timing.

This is just the first article that popped up but the evidence is clear Time IN the market is better than Timing the market.

https://www.thesimpledollar.com/investing/stocks/tempted-to-sell-missing-just-a-handful-of-the-best-stock-market-days-can-tank-your-returns/

volatile-_markets_2018_chart_3 (resized).jpgvolatile-_markets_2018_chart_3 (resized).jpg

#9354 3 years ago

How much money will the US print in the month of May? I don’t think they even know. I can tell you exactly how many bitcoins will be mined in that time.

The big benefits are that it can’t be diluted. No extra Bitcoin can be made just 21 million. While some are still to be mined none can be added.

It probably won’t be Bitcoin to be the universal currency. But crypto is likely here to stay. What will replace Bitcoin anyone’s guess, ADA looks promising but too difficult to use atm for general public.

That Sawyer video posted above is really good. Worth a watch, noted two three years ago he hated Bitcoin.

I’m not against regulation, I pay taxes on all crypto gains. Which is a PIA btw. I like a lot of European nations tax structures on crypto...tempting to move there or another country with better regulations.

Quoted from Zablon:

But isn't that the whole point? Once all these people get into it and it is being tracked, all of the awesome benefits are now gone, and you are back to the rich hold the most and the latecomers have pennies. A universal currency I could see, but that isn't really the push behind digital currency. This is just ending up more of the same.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How much money will the US print in the month of May? I don’t think they even know. I can tell you exactly how many bitcoins will be mined in that time.
The big benefits are that it can’t be diluted. No extra Bitcoin can be made just 21 million. While some are still to be mined none can be added.
It probably won’t be Bitcoin to be the universal currency. But crypto is likely here to stay. What will replace Bitcoin anyone’s guess, ADA looks promising but too difficult to use atm for general public.
That Sawyer video posted above is really good. Worth a watch, noted two three years ago he hated Bitcoin.
I’m not against regulation, I pay taxes on all crypto gains. Which is a PIA btw. I like a lot of European nations tax structures on crypto...tempting to move there or another country with better regulations.

the future of bitcoin is already on the way to government control, weather you like it or not. it probably already started.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

the future of bitcoin is already on the way to government control, weather you like it or not. it probably already started.

every move you make from here on out is controlled... your a genius to outthink the powers before you.

#9357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

every move you make from here on out is controlled... your a genius to outthink the powers before you.

Quoted from Lamberger:

every move is antistpated..that's the world were in now.

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:the future of bitcoin is already on the way to government control, weather you like it or not. it probably already started.

Quoted from Lamberger:

Quoted from Lamberger:

so what do we do with your info?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so what do we do with your info?[quoted image]

yes, seems crazy... you got a better idea?

waiting? oh, so clever with nothing to ad?... thanks for nothing!

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

yes, seems crazy... you got a better idea?
waiting? oh, so clever with nothing to ad?... thanks for nothing but bullshit!

I've made alot money with ice's suggestions. so much so, i retired . gabling now with little stock, wish the same for everyone here]

#9361 3 years ago

Quoted from Lamberger:I've made alot money with ice's suggestions. so much so, i retired . gabling now with little stock, wish the same for everyone here]

#9362 3 years ago

This is one of my favorites. Seems appropriate now. :p

D67FABCB-7989-4053-AD61-B25516BBB7E9 (resized).jpegD67FABCB-7989-4053-AD61-B25516BBB7E9 (resized).jpeg
#9363 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I feel pretty antistpated about all these posts. As much as I love people's predictions about where BTC will be in many years, maybe it's time to give it a break on this thread and get back to stocks? There is a good separate crypto thread...

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I feel pretty antistpated about all these posts. As much as I love people's predictions about where BTC will be in many years, maybe it's time to give it a break on this thread and get back to stocks? There is a good separate crypto thread...

Sorry, got 80% in cash, gabling with 20%. just trying to figure things out.. I don't know what else to do from here.

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would be very happy if we talked about ANYTHING other than crypto. We could go off topic about how Stern should join everyone else and do a SPAC lol just please no more crypto. Tired of seeing 100 posts, getting excited thinking I missed something, and it’s more crypto nonsense.

#9366 3 years ago

BTC reminds me of beanie babies, we all know how that story ended.

#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:BTC reminds me of beanie babies, we all know how that story ended.

Yeah I remember when major corporations were investing billions in beanie babies.

MSTR has been a great stock lately.

#9368 3 years ago

While the main game I play right now is long term, I’m thinking about trying something short term like 3 months. Maybe gdrx or znga.

#9369 3 years ago

$500 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$1,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$5,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$10,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$20,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$30,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$40,000 - Damn, wish I would have bought some Bitcoin

I’ll go back to the crypto thread now.

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:BTC reminds me of beanie babies, we all know how that story ended.

#9371 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I would be very happy if we talked about ANYTHING other than crypto. We could go off topic about how Stern should join everyone else and do a SPAC lol just please no more crypto. Tired of seeing 100 posts, getting excited thinking I missed something, and it’s more crypto nonsense.

Not sure why you'd be excited to miss something.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That right there is exactly what everyone is talking about. Everything is a bubble, it's just figuring out when that bubble is going to burst. With BTC it will probably be when more countries ban it in favor of their government controlled digital coin. 40k isn't because it is worth anything, it's a self fulfilling prophecy of hype and FOMO driving the price up. It's all based on speculation, not because most think BTC (specifically) is going to be the wave of the future. Hindsite is easy and I'm sure everyone here wishes they'd have mined their own back in the day - and held onto them. As it gains traction, it will be ground to a halt by government intervention, just like everything else that is supposedly 'free trade'.

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not sure why you'd be excited to miss something.

That right there is exactly what everyone is talking about. Everything is a bubble, it's just figuring out when that bubble is going to burst. With BTC it will probably be when more countries ban it in favor of their government controlled digital coin. 40k isn't because it is worth anything, it's a self fulfilling prophecy of hype and FOMO driving the price up. It's all based on speculation, not because most think BTC (specifically) is going to be the wave of the future.

There’s a lot of uses for crypto, and it’s actively used today. Anyways back to stocks...

#9373 3 years ago

As far as a reopening turnaround play that pays a dividend Walgreens boot alliance. Opened a position about a month ago and have been adding a bit. I know the business has been hammered the last few years but with the V shot and reopening I’m thinking they could turn that business back around. At least in the near future.

#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

POP! Who's holding this bag of shit? Just buy GME, balls deep... put everything you have into it. Whoops?

#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There’s a lot of uses for crypto, and it’s actively used today. Anyways back to stocks...

Sure, except most people aren't going to buy a pack of gum with bitcoin because what costs $1 today could be worth $100 tomorrow. That is one of the primary advantages of normal FIAT. There's variance, but not nearly like there is with BTC. If someone believes BTC is going to go to 100k, they aren't going to spend it when it's at $40k. The people accepting BTC are those that are risking that it will continue to rise, and not drop back down to 0 before they can cash out --- and let's not pretend that isn't exactly what this is...people waiting to cash out.

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sure, except most people aren't going to buy a pack of gum with bitcoin because what costs $1 today could be worth $100 tomorrow. That is one of the primary advantages of normal FIAT. There's variance, but not nearly like there is with BTC. If someone believes BTC is going to go to 100k, they aren't going to spend it when it's at $40k. The people accepting BTC are those that are risking that it will continue to rise, and not drop back down to 0 before they can cash out --- and let's not pretend that isn't exactly what this is...people waiting to cash out.

You’re incorrectly assuming that every crypto transaction is people buying or selling crypto like a stock. I have personally used crypto for monetary transactions to avoid expensive fees. It’s cheaper to go fiat -> crypto send -> crypto receive -> fiat than direct fiat transaction in certain situations.

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You’re incorrectly assuming that every crypto transaction is people buying or selling crypto like a stock. I have personally used crypto for monetary transactions to avoid expensive fees. It’s cheaper to go fiat -> crypto send -> crypto receive -> fiat than direct fiat transaction in certain situations.

My assumption is it is short sited to use crypto for transactions (as I said buy a pack of gum) when it is at $100 when it could go to $1000 tomorrow. In those cases, did you really save any money? No, you lost money. And the inverse for those selling of course. If volatility ever dies down, to be closer to FIAT, then yes, I certainly get it, but right now it seems way too bouncy to realistically use it as a currency.

#9378 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As I’ve been saying forever, crypto is not going anywhere and it’s super easy to buy without the government nonsense. Do your own DD, DYOR.

Crypto was used to buy pizzas and such and now that transaction is celebrated every year since it’s shown the explosive growth. Now they were like 23 million dollar pizzas or something.

People use crypto all the time, you can gamble/bet on sports with it (using a VPN on European websites) you can buy cars with it, you can buy websites and domains with it, like I do currently, you can even buy everyday items on Overstock.com with bitcoin.

It has tons of uses. A friend of mine went to Europe by spending 2 bitcoin for a month trip, and then he bought a nearly 2 million dollar mansion. I just helped him settle in.

Only miserly old fools and contrarians hate bitcoin. You guys sound like the same fools who kept preaching about the eminent collapse of Apple.
NOT HAPPENING! Get over it already, you were wrong, you’ve been wrong for 10 years and crypto is here to stay, ESPECIALLY BITCOIN.

Don’t buy Amazon, don’t buy google! They’re gonna be broken up any day now I promise!!!! It’s a bubble!!! Yep, just like the pinball bubble it’s gonna pop any minute now!

#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

As far as a reopening turnaround play that pays a dividend Walgreens boot alliance. Opened a position about a month ago and have been adding a bit. I know the business has been hammered the last few years but with the V shot and reopening I’m thinking they could turn that business back around. At least in the near future.

I've been bringing this up for months. My biggest and longest held position. They popped 10+% a couple weeks ago on the new CEO announcement, then gave all those gains back. Great opportunity there.

I really like XOM too. It's my second biggest dividend play. Oil is going up by the day and is at 52 week highs. Last time oil was this high, XOM was around 70, but it's only 50 now. Activists are going after it to unlock value, they talked about merging with Chevron (which would never happen IMO), and eventually they'll move into cleaner energy. Their latest oil finds they are working on are profitable down to like $30/barrel oil. Oh and the dividend is 7+%

#9380 3 years ago

And you clearly are completely missing the point...but it doesn't matter. You can't stand anyone with a contrarian thought process because you're too into the 'me me me' echo chamber culture. You don't need to convince me or anyone else unless you NEED me and everyone else to drive the price up. Which as it turns out, is exactly what you need. If the same people were keeping it to themselves, the price would go nowhere. It's funny when people resort to personal attacks over someones difference of opinion. There is nothing in BTC world that one can't do faster and easier with things as they are now. Could that change in the future? Sure. But on the flip side what YOU fail to realize is that the BTC train could end at any given moment and suddenly only USBTC is allowed to be used. That is unless you want to be a felon.

#9381 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

As I’ve been saying forever, crypto is not going anywhere and it’s super easy to buy without the government nonsense. Do your own DD, DYOR.
Crypto was used to buy pizzas and such and now that transaction is celebrated every year since it’s shown the explosive growth. Now they were like 23 million dollar pizzas or something.
People use crypto all the time, you can gamble/bet on sports with it (using a VPN on European websites) you can buy cars with it, you can buy websites and domains with it, like I do currently, you can even buy everyday items on Overstock.com with bitcoin.
It has tons of uses. A friend of mine went to Europe by spending 2 bitcoin for a month trip, and then he bought a nearly 2 million dollar mansion. I just helped him settle in.
Only miserly old fools and contrarians hate bitcoin. You guys sound like the same fools who kept preaching about the eminent collapse of Apple.
NOT HAPPENING! Get over it already, you were wrong, you’ve been wrong for 10 years and crypto is here to stay, ESPECIALLY BITCOIN.
Don’t buy Amazon, don’t buy google! They’re gonna be broken up any day now I promise!!!! It’s a bubble!!! Yep, just like the pinball bubble it’s gonna pop any minute now!

Do you just have this on copy/paste? Go get some new material and take it to the crypto thread. This is the stock trading thread.

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I've been bringing this up for months. My biggest and longest held position. They popped 10+% a couple weeks ago on the new CEO announcement, then gave all those gains back. Great opportunity there.
I really like XOM too. It's my second biggest dividend play. Oil is going up by the day and is at 52 week highs. Last time oil was this high, XOM was around 70, but it's only 50 now. Activists are going after it to unlock value, they talked about merging with Chevron (which would never happen IMO), and eventually they'll move into cleaner energy. Their latest oil finds they are working on are profitable down to like $30/barrel oil. Oh and the dividend is 7+%

Awesome on Walgreens! I’ll have to look into XOM, I’m working on bulking up on dividend paying stocks. It’s nice to buy more stocks with dividends!!!

#9383 3 years ago

To all the people posting informative STOCK MARKET information, let me know when you start the new stocks only thread. Thank you for all the great information you (you all know who you are) post. For those of you that post about crypto, I get it, but it’s a different animal. Please don’t post it here. It would be like me posting about other random means of making money outside of the stock market.

#9384 3 years ago

Both these are likely worth more if they are broken up.

#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Do you just have this on copy/paste? Go get some new material and take it to the crypto thread. This is the stock trading thread.

Money markets are definitely comparable to stock, considering many major brokers are rapidly adding bitcoin and other crypto to their offerings.

Quoted from Zablon:

And you clearly are completely missing the point...but it doesn't matter. You can't stand anyone with a contrarian thought process because you're too into the 'me me me' echo chamber culture. You don't need to convince me or anyone else unless you NEED me and everyone else to drive the price up. Which as it turns out, is exactly what you need. If the same people were keeping it to themselves, the price would go nowhere. It's funny when people resort to personal attacks over someones difference of opinion. There is nothing in BTC world that one can't do faster and easier with things as they are now. Could that change in the future? Sure. But on the flip side what YOU fail to realize is that the BTC train could end at any given moment and suddenly only USBTC is allowed to be used. That is unless you want to be a felon.

Lmfao felon? You on crack bud?? You can’t use gold or precious metals as payment. They’re not useful as actual currency yet you’ve encouraged them quite frequently. The feds actually made private possession of gold illegal for a time, so do you look back on those who held onto it with disdain for being disgusting criminals?? How dare those fools not give up their gold!

The most humorous thing about this is the fact that, other people buying in to add value is exactly how the stock market works.

Companies parrot all the time “the new price target is $130” which means “we think it’s worth $130 so you should buy it to meet and justify our target” the entire thing is just self-fulfilling. If everyone sells you’re also totally screwed. What kind of dumb logic are you playing? Crypto, money markets and stocks are all playing the same game, you guys resist it so hard because just like technology companies and hedge funds before, crypto is now up-ending the established players and you desperately want to resist it.

Clearly there are many guys here who want to learn more and the “crypto thread” is total crap. Stock market traders is where real people talk about real value.
When the next “bubble” bursts should I shout “I told you so” about stock markets and how it’s all a big scam? No, because shit happens, I would consider the past year to be extreme volatile and basic gambling yet some like to pretend this market has any basis in reality!

Nothing like shunning any “new” (over a decade old) ideas to prove how open and understanding one is.

#9386 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Bitcoin

[quoted image]

This was the first mention of bitcoin in this thread. It was January 2nd, 2017. It cost between 930-1020 USD that day to buy ONE BITCOIN. And people, even iceman were calling it a scam and claiming it was gonna rug everyone.
How would you feel now if you had taken that advice and spent just a thousand dollars to buy bitcoin over 3 years ago, just 1494 days ago. Now we talk about spending 5 or even 10 thousand to get some meager gains. You could be up 39 thousand dollars, and be reaping a 3864% increase.

I promise to quote this comment in another 3 years, 2024 to see how ridiculous the price is and how cheap the current price will seem, regardless of the highs and lows.

#9387 3 years ago

Clearly there are many guys here who want to learn more and the “crypto thread” is total crap.

Then go create your own crypto thread. From here on out, I am going to start reporting every crypto post that I see in here as off topic.

#9388 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

To all the people posting informative STOCK MARKET information, let me know when you start the new stocks only thread. Thank you for all the great information you (you all know who you are) post. For those of you that post about crypto, I get it, but it’s a different animal. Please don’t post it here. It would be like me posting about other random means of making money outside of the stock market.

Sorry, I get it, will refrain in the future.

#9389 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Then go create your own crypto thread. From here on out, I am going to start reporting every crypto post that I see in here as off topic.

Plenty of members have asked in this thread because they want to invest their money. People want to know how to invest and are asking. Why be so flippant, just because you hate the asset?
Grayscale bitcoin (GBTC) is a massive trust fund of crypto currency and Riot Blockchain (RIOT) is a bitcoin miner that’s publicly traded. Is that not Bona fide stock trading? We are discussing the underlying asset to those investments, which is a huge market and billions of dollars that are just being ignored.

#9390 3 years ago

Money markets are definitely comparable to stock, considering many major brokers are rapidly adding bitcoin and other crypto to their offerings.

Lmfao felon? You on crack bud?? You can’t use gold or precious metals as payment. They’re not useful as actual currency yet you’ve encouraged them quite frequently. The feds actually made private possession of gold illegal for a time, so do you look back on those who held onto it with disdain for being disgusting criminals?? How dare those fools not give up their gold!
The most humorous thing about this is the fact that, other people buying in to add value is exactly how the stock market works.
Companies parrot all the time “the new price target is $130” which means “we think it’s worth $130 so you should buy it to meet and justify our target” the entire thing is just self-fulfilling. If everyone sells you’re also totally screwed. What kind of dumb logic are you playing? Crypto, money markets and stocks are all playing the same game, you guys resist it so hard because just like technology companies and hedge funds before, crypto is now up-ending the established players and you desperately want to resist it.
Clearly there are many guys here who want to learn more and the “crypto thread” is total crap. Stock market traders is where real people talk about real value.
When the next “bubble” bursts should I shout “I told you so” about stock markets and how it’s all a big scam? No, because shit happens, I would consider the past year to be extreme volatile and basic gambling yet some like to pretend this market has any basis in reality!
Nothing like shunning any “new” (over a decade old) ideas to prove how open and understanding one is.

For someone so 'in the know' your reading comprehension is lacking. That being said, I also know people who got really pissed and gave every argument they could when I told them 10 years ago that their investment in millions of dinar was going to be worth no more 10 years later. Clearly BTC has performed awesome in the last 2 years and while you may think I'm naysaying crypto, I'm not. I just don't think any existing ones are going to be the one. If you want to speculate on it, speculate on it...I don't think anyone here is saying not to. Not sure why people get all ancy because others choose not to and explain their reasons why. If it's any consolation, I'd rather not be in the stock market either.

#9391 3 years ago

There are more people whining about bitcoin than talking about it on this thread. I feel like for a lot of us, bitcoin is going to be a small to medium part of our investment portfolio and it's going to come up here from time to time. But beyond the larger moves, most of the talk is and should be on the crypto thread. Our friend from Canada just felt the need to go off a bunch on crypto this morning in post after post stimulating a bunch of talk. It will die down, tomorrow the Market is open, stonks are great!

#9392 3 years ago

Tesla just bought 1.5 billion in bitcoin.

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Tesla just bought 1.5 billion in bitcoin.

Not joking.

#9394 3 years ago

Plenty of members have asked in this thread because they want to invest their money. People want to know how to invest and are asking. Why be so flippant, just because you hate the asset?
Grayscale bitcoin (GBTC) is a massive trust fund of crypto currency and Riot Blockchain (RIOT) is a bitcoin miner that’s publicly traded. Is that not Bona fide stock trading? We are discussing the underlying asset to those investments, which is a huge market and billions of dollars that are just being ignored.

But the challenge is you do not discuss these things. You ramble on talking about how fiat is dead, if you don't like crypto you are dumb, million dollar pizzas, your friend's 2M house, HODL. All of this is off-topic, nonsensical, and repeating. Nobody takes you seriously when you get into your copy/paste talking points. So if you want to talk fundamentals and appropriate things, fine. Otherwise, take your nonsense somewhere else.

#9396 3 years ago

How bout you make three more posts that say the same thing.

btw that make Tesla more bubbly than before.

#9397 3 years ago

The companies that don't allot a portion of their Capitol in BTC will be the outliers. The stampede is about to occur. MARA, RIOT, to the moon.

#9398 3 years ago

This was the first mention of bitcoin in this thread. It was January 2nd, 2017. It cost between 930-1020 USD that day to buy ONE BITCOIN. And people, even iceman were calling it a scam and claiming it was gonna rug everyone.
How would you feel now if you had taken that advice and spent just a thousand dollars to buy bitcoin over 3 years ago, just 1494 days ago. Now we talk about spending 5 or even 10 thousand to get some meager gains. You could be up 39 thousand dollars, and be reaping a 3864% increase.
I promise to quote this comment in another 3 years, 2024 to see how ridiculous the price is and how cheap the current price will seem, regardless of the highs and lows.

I made 35K in one day on AMC. There are much better/safer opportunities than holding your breath for 3 years on a speculative play like BTC. I'm not in anyway knocking those that want to gamble on BTC. But the same people in here knocking GME/AMC don't seem to realize that BTC is the exact same gamble. And the exact same thing that happened to GME/AMC can very possibly happen to BTC. For those invested I hope it doesn't. But be cautious.

#9399 3 years ago

What's the deal with Dodgecoin? It this a joke currency? It's $0.0784 so I'm not understanding why the hype. Is it a little over 7 cents or am I reading this wrong... New to crypto so trying to figure this out.

#9400 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

What's the deal with Dodgecoin? It this a joke currency? It's $0.0784 so I'm not understanding why the hype. Is it a little over 7 cents or am I reading this wrong... New to crypto so trying to figure this out.

It was a crypto made to mock other cryptos. But Musk tweeted about it so it skyrocketed in value (relatively speaking).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.