Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 421.
#9251 3 years ago

Have you guys see ETSY today? I don't see anything in the news but it just broke it's 52 week high multiple times. I ain't complaining!!!

#9252 3 years ago

So what's the play when buying more of something when it is on the way up? For example, I buy Stock X at $10/share. It's now at $20/share, but I'd like to buy more. Do you just buy more, or is one of those, I already own it at a lower price, so I'll just buy something else?

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So what's the play when buying more of something when it is on the way up? For example, I buy Stock X at $10/share. It's now at $20/share, but I'd like to buy more. Do you just buy more, or is one of those, I already own it at a lower price, so I'll just buy something else?

General rule is wait for dips to buy. However if you really love the stock and have reason to believe it will continue its climb and you intend to hold long term there is no harm in buying more.

#9254 3 years ago

For those that were asking about the PLTR lockup, this is a very well researched piece.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-play-pltr-lock-up-expiration-dan-ganancial/?trackingId=GEU7E51sSl6o2vIx1iT1yw%3D%3D

#9255 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Have you guys see ETSY today? I don't see anything in the news but it just broke it's 52 week high multiple times. I ain't complaining!!!

Got in ETSY $44.50 on 10/31/19
lot of my customers sell on that platform

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yeah, I've been looking at Tencent as well. I keep flip flopping between them. My kids and all their friends are huge Fortnite freaks so I see the potential there. My company also uses Unreal for ARVS and a lot of the developers here are frothing at the mouth for UE5 to be released.
Thanks!

I live down the street from Epic. They just bought our local Mall for $90 million with the intent of making it their new head quarters. So there will be some outlay of cash getting that property ready. The mall had a Dave and Buster's in it, and Epic is keeping that open to their employees and the public, so that will be cool.

#9257 3 years ago

Anyone have a good recommendation of a good commodities eft?

#9258 3 years ago

For those in on Crowdstrike they can’t even get my company signed up as a partner due to demand. Here is the entirety of the email we received.

“Thank you for your interest in becoming a CrowdStrike Partner. To begin the application process, we ask that you fill out all the information on the attached application.

Now I want to be very straight forward with you. At this moment CrowdStrike isn’t actively onboarding new partners. We have hit a point in the program where we have limited resources and we need to focus on our current partners. However, if we can make a case for one to be added then we must show why we believe this prospective partner should be added to the program. The reason we have to build a case is because final approval come from our VP of Channels and he is looking at partners that are willing to bring us into their book of business or can make up front commitments of 10 net new partner sourced opportunities. I’ve provided some questions below that can help me in building that case as to why Technology Management Consulting should be allowed in the program and again if you can provide some up front commitments to help your chances of being approved.

There is another option to be able to resell CrowdStrike. We have just signed a distribution partnership with Synnex. Any prospective customer you may have that is looking to buy CrowdStrike, if you are signed up with Synnex you can work with them to receive pricing and you will have access to our sales and engineering team for support. If you have any questions regarding this process please let me know and I am more than happy to jump on a call and discuss further.”

#9259 3 years ago

In the application they are specifically trying to win current Carbon Black and FireEye customers.

#9260 3 years ago

Speaking of stock certificates, I have some really old ones from my great great grandfather. Railroad stock, IIRC. I think they're cancelled, so not of any value any more, just kept as keepsakes I believe. I'll have to dig them out some time and scan them.

#9261 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Speaking of stock certificates, I have some really old ones from my great great grandfather. Railroad stock, IIRC. I think they're cancelled, so not of any value any more, just kept as keepsakes I believe. I'll have to dig them out some time and scan them.

Never know...might have one of those $100 stocks compounded annually like Frank Meyers in Mayberry

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone have a good recommendation of a good commodities eft?

Not an ETF, but I bought into USCI a few weeks back
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/USCI?p=USCI

#9263 3 years ago

I say buy more, there is not any way of telling when or how much something will go down.

Example look at AAPL you could have bought it @ $2.4/share in 2006 (this is split adjusted price) but lets say you missed that and then in 2012 it costs $24/share that's already a 10x stock you would have said you missed the growth but then it's gone up 5x more since then (not even factoring in dividends).

I know this is cherry picking but I know a woman who had Berkshire and it went from $20K to $60K/share and so she sold it thinking it had peaked but now it's $355,000/share.

I watch video from Sven Carlin (Value investor) and he says Buffet always says something like he'd rather get a great company at a fair price than a fair company at a great price. He gives an example that say you missed MSFT when it was IPO and it was 10 cents a share (adjusted for splits) you could have go in at $1/share or $20/share you'd still be making a killing as it's now $240/share

If you have long horizons to invest and like to buy and hold a company, I say buy what you think is great.

Note: this advice might not be applicable if you are just hit and run on a hot stock.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am buying a couple GME in the a.m. just on principle now.

Note to self... never invest on "principle". Was it fun? Yes. Was it $500 worth of fun? No.

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Note to self... never invest on "principle". Was it fun? Yes. Was it $500 worth of fun? No.

If you truly bought it on principle then you'd still be holding it, and so you haven't lost anything (yet).

#9266 3 years ago

Buying URNM today - MACD is crossing into positive territory and way above 180 moving day average. Same is true for GRWG, so picking up that as well. GRWG will be a momentum play watching close for a quick exit. URNM will be longer term hold.

Also seems like I made the correct call on dumping PINS last night since it was up 10% in after market trading. Question is do I buy back in today or see if we get a down day in the near future.

#9267 3 years ago

Can someone recommend a good ETF to get into now?

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Can someone recommend a good ETF to get into now?

ARKG
ARKK
ARKW

#9269 3 years ago

Thanks WeirPinball!

#9270 3 years ago

Opened a robinhood account when gamestop went crazy, doing some random trading / crypto buying. Following this thread in case there's any hot tips.

#9271 3 years ago

Based on the whole wsb broker fiasco, I will be transitioning away from TD Ameritrade. Don’t know if was their doing or Schwabs, but it’s left a real bitter taste in my mouth. Been with them well over a decade and never experienced anything like it.

Was thinking of fidelity since as best I can tell they didn’t significantly change the rules mid game. Plus they handle our companies retirement plans so somewhat familiar with them.

Everyone pretty happy with Fidelity?

#9272 3 years ago

I second this, but my personal set and forget ETF mix in the taxable account is ICLN, ARKK, and ARKG.

#9273 3 years ago

I've been with Fidelity and E*Trade since the 90s

#9274 3 years ago

QQQ and VOO have been great for me.

#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Opened a robinhood account when gamestop went crazy, doing some random trading / crypto buying. Following this thread in case there's any hot tips.

Es794H3UUAcxKkK.jpeg (resized).jpgEs794H3UUAcxKkK.jpeg (resized).jpg
#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I use Fidelity and I'm happy with them, they didn't do any funky restrictions with the meme stocks. They have and Active Trader app you can download it you want more detailed tracking that I finally started using in December and find really helpful.

#9277 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I use Fidelity and I'm happy with them, they didn't do any funky restrictions with the meme stocks. They have and Active Trader app you can download it you want more detailed tracking that I finally started using in December and find really helpful.

Most of my value is in Fidelity. No major complaints.

#9278 3 years ago

Any downsides to switching to TD from RH?

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Buying URNM today - MACD is crossing into positive territory and way above 180 moving day average. Same is true for GRWG, so picking up that as well. GRWG will be a momentum play watching close for a quick exit. URNM will be longer term hold.
Also seems like I made the correct call on dumping PINS last night since it was up 10% in after market trading. Question is do I buy back in today or see if we get a down day in the near future.

Own GRWG at $3.81
I like it under $40

not sure on PINS - I sold 1/2 my shares when it was in the 60's - so what do i know

#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Based on the whole wsb broker fiasco, I will be transitioning away from TD Ameritrade. Don’t know if was their doing or Schwabs, but it’s left a real bitter taste in my mouth. Been with them well over a decade and never experienced anything like it.
Was thinking of fidelity since as best I can tell they didn’t significantly change the rules mid game. Plus they handle our companies retirement plans so somewhat familiar with them.

I am moving back to Fidelity. I was put into a Schwab account when USAA got out of that game. They halted my GME purchase(did save me from myself) but still dont like the fact they did, so closing that account.

#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I've had no problems with TD. They didn't restrict buying meme shares. They just upped margin requirements which was no big deal to me.

#9282 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've had no problems with TD. They didn't restrict buying meme shares. They just upped margin requirements which was no big deal to me.

And nuked the derivative markets. That’s what’s stuck in my craw.

#9283 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Edit
I need reading lessons!!

#9284 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are people still even considering RH anymore? You are aware of the shenanigans they pulled, right?

I think you misread the post you quoted. They are asking about switching TO Ameritrade FROM Robincrook.

#9285 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are people still even considering RH anymore? You are aware of the shenanigans they pulled, right?

Agreed and yet

6B621295-BA74-4529-9CF2-8E7DF3F2FD13.png6B621295-BA74-4529-9CF2-8E7DF3F2FD13.png
#9286 3 years ago

I think you misread the post you quoted. They are asking about switching TO Ameritrade FROM Robincrook.

Doh!! Reading is fundamental!! Thx.

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Edit
I need reading lessons!!

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Agreed and yet
[quoted image]

Downloaded to post angry reviews. Can't review if you haven't downloaded it

#9289 3 years ago

ETH and UNI are definitely good plays. I don’t know much about ADA. I grabbed some UNI at $8.32 about 2 weeks ago and I’m up 130+%.

Did you happen to grab ADA earlier this week after I mentioned it? It's up 35% since then.

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Did you happen to grab ADA earlier this week after I mentioned it? It's up 35% since then.

Unfortunately not. I'm running out of money to throw at investments.

I bought some more GRT after I posted, but no ADA. I was really hoping AAVE was going to pull back, but it just keeps going and going.

#9291 3 years ago

Unfortunately not. I'm running out of money to throw at investments.
I bought some more GRT after I posted, but no ADA. I was really hoping AAVE was going to pull back, but it just keeps going and going.

Pinball machines or investments. Hard choice am i right?

#9292 3 years ago

I use Fidelity and I like it a lot. I will have to get the active trader app as I do some trading almost every day.

This is a crazy time. My entire portfolio has been up 1-2% per DAY for the last 4 days. It isn't unusual to have it go up that much in a day but it usually drops down the next day or so by a similar amount. I have only been trading for 3 years but I have a feeling this can't continue and we are seeing a drop coming. I currently have 28% of my portfolio in Walmart. Walmart tends to weather drops in the market pretty well so if there is a big drop, I will probably sell 60% of my Walmart shares and put that in other stocks that fell but are likely to go back up over the next year after the fall. Eventually I will sell them off for profit and buy Walmart again. No guarantees, of course, but that's my plan.

What are others' thoughts on a potential drop in the near future and what are your plans prior to or in case of such?

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Downloaded to post angry reviews. Can't review if you haven't downloaded it

Touché

#9294 3 years ago

It's gonna pop big time.

#9295 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It's gonna pop big time.

"It" ? That doesn't exactly narrow down the hundreds of tickers, markets, and cryptos in this thread.

#9296 3 years ago

Question for the smart people. That very large dip in after hours, is that a bunch of share being sold short?

Screenshot_20210205-192535_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210205-192535_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpg
#9297 3 years ago

Hmm nobody has been able to predict the pinball market popping, look at Stern's and JJP pricing actions, so why do you think anyone can predict the stock market.. could pop this year..or next year...who knows. I'm thinking not this year just do to all the pent up consumer spending that us going to occur.

#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Hmm nobody has been able to predict the pinball market popping, look at Stern's and JJP pricing actions, so why do you think anyone can predict the stock market.. could pop this year..or next year...who knows. I'm thinking not this year just do to all the pent up consumer spending that us going to occur.

With new stimulus checks coming and a massive Covid relief bill, plus dropping unemployment rates, dropping virus rates and businesses opening back up, we don't exactly seem primed for a bubble burst.

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Never know...might have one of those $100 stocks compounded annually like Frank Meyers in Mayberry

Confederate bond! Great episode

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Question for the smart people. That very large dip in after hours, is that a bunch of share being sold short?
[quoted image]

That is usually an institutional trade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/186?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.