Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 421.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

Question Ice, earlier you mentioned PINS tends to follow SNAP. Earnings reports on both companies were very good. My question is why would SNAP drop off after hours and PINS do much better after hours? Is there more of a user base/traffic on PINS that causes this?
I see future guidance is off for SNAP.

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

What a Stock, thanks for the recommendation!

#9203 3 years ago

Maybe because of this:

"Feb 4 (Reuters) - Snap Inc (SNAP), owner of popular photo-messaging app Snapchat, on Thursday warned that upcoming privacy changes by Apple Inc(AAPL) could hurt Snap's ad business although fourth-quarter results beat analysts' estimates for user growth and revenue.

Snap stock declined 7% to $54.02 in trading after the bell.

Snap said Apple's(AAPL) planned privacy changes, which will ask iPhone users to consent to personalized ads, could present a "risk" to advertiser demand, but added it was unclear how the changes could affect Snap's business in the long-run.

"The disruption to ad targeting caused by the iOS 14 privacy changes will clearly be a worry for Snap, which has been steadily growing its armory of ad formats and advertisers," said Tom Johnson at ad agency Mindshare Worldwide.

Facebook Inc has been waging a public fight against Apple's(AAPL) changes, accusing the iPhone maker of anticompetitive behavior and hurting the social media company's ad-targeting business."

#9204 3 years ago

Bailed on PINS in after hours - only had 150 shares, but plan to buy more during a drop.

#9205 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Bailed on PINS in after hours - only had 150 shares, but plan to buy more during a drop.

IF there's a drop that is

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I had a weird feeling about SNAP this morning and rolled that position over to FVRR today. My gut actually made a right move for a change.

#9207 3 years ago

Bought some PINS just before the close, thanks Ice.

#9208 3 years ago

Any opions on silver. My jeweler said hold off.

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Any opions on silver. My jeweler said hold off.

gold took a huge hit today, but silver stayed flat. Silver has more upside, but who knows when it will move.

#9210 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

IF there's a drop that is

Been burned before - we shall see.

#9211 3 years ago

My weed stock is doing well.

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Mine keeps burning up.

#9214 3 years ago

I'm nearly out, I need to stock up.

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

WHOA. Up nearly 10% in after market on great earnings report.

#9216 3 years ago

I bought a few shares of Pins today. My portfolio is too concentrated in a few huge positions. I bought a few stocks (specifically AAPL and Goog) that have exploded but they’ve overwhelmed the rest of my positions.

I have two significant buckets, my tax shelter is all in index ETFs. And my taxable accounts is around 20% index funds and the rest in individual stocks. I’ve been adding to smaller positions with any new money.

#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

#9218 3 years ago

Time for a stupid question?
Say I want to buy a Stock, can you still get those fancy Certificates like you see on movies?
Can you get any type of Certificate?

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Say I want to buy a Stock, can you still get those fancy Certificates like you see on movies?

Used to be that way - your shares were printed on a piece of paper, but now it's all electronic

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There are ways to possibly get one but very expensive.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/stockcertificate.asp

#9221 3 years ago

Just FYI some places let you buy fractional shares of a stock.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecollegeinvestor.com/20432/buy-fractional-shares-invest/%3famp

#9222 3 years ago

Speaking of weed, I bought Planet 13 about 6 months ago and doing fairly well with it. It’s not available on robinhood or webull, I bought it using TD Ameritrade.

#9223 3 years ago

Curious to get thoughts on a potential investment idea to protect against the market having a major correction....

What do people think of the HDGE ETF, specifically buying a number of call options about 6 months away (maybe 50-100 option contracts per 100K of coverage)? Right now HDGE is at $2.60, and since it runs in the opposite direction to the market, if there is a drop within 6 months, it should jump up (in mid march of 2020 it jumped to over $7). Some sort of insurance against a bubble. Thoughts? Or maybe buy outright and dollar cost average the ETF over time?

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.18.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.18.15 PM (resized).png

#9224 3 years ago

Isn't that commonplace? I use Fidelity, you can buy for a cash amount or a share amount. I bought by cash amounts for a while and had all kinds of fractional shares and it totally bothered me looking at it, so I moved over to the traditional way and got rid of all the .15s and crap. Crypto buyers are super used to it, most people don't own a full Bitcoin unless they were buying them a decade ago.

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Keeping it pinball related, Here's a copy of one of mine from days gone by.

Note that American Banknote Company didn't use Christensen artwork. But representing Bally, the real Bally, there is some T & A and a bag full of coins.

20210204_222531 (resized).jpg20210204_222531 (resized).jpg786578876545576858jnk (resized).jpg786578876545576858jnk (resized).jpg

#9226 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

I had to grab more shares when PINS was down 2% today. PINS down on earnings announcement day?? Has anyone learned anything by now? Started buying PINS at $20 and still bought more at $76. Long PINS.

Oh and my 12 year old Daughter uses it all the time and has a bunch of boards. I think we can hold this 10 years.

This is fun huh Ice?

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I heard you can still buy them from Disney. Apparently they are quite nice too.
https://uniquestockgift.com/products/disney/

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

#9228 3 years ago

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/2/4/22266483/ford-f150-production-slowdown-semiconductor-chip-shortage

How do you guys feel about Ford? I’ve been tempted and plan to buy if this causes a big dip

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm positive I have one from Disney years and years ago. I should see if my parents can dig it out of the safe. I'm guessing it's from about 91-92?

#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/2/4/22266483/ford-f150-production-slowdown-semiconductor-chip-shortage
How do you guys feel about Ford? I’ve been tempted and plan to buy if this causes a big dip

I've been long Ford for many years. It is actually my largest holding. It is definitely NOT a growth stock, and if you really wanted to bank the growth the ideal time to buy it was last March when it was back down to $4. This stock is very much only for the dividend. Unfortunately, when they suspended that last year, it hurt bad. Especially since the stock hasn't done well in 3-4 years. I probably should have sold it, but I've just steadily been adding to it to get my avg down and knowing that they will eventually bring back the dividend.

They just NAILED earnings, it isn't going to dip right now, but it probably isn't going to go up much more right now either. Hopefully they will start the dividend back in the next quarter. They actually have quite a bit going on right now that makes it look good, and it's cheaper to get into than TSLA (or any other vehicle stock) right now + divs when they do come back.

The chip news isn't new, and Ford has the new Bronco coming out to make up for the F-150 production.

#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

In eighth grade I bought five shares of Marvel Comics stock right after they went public (early 90s). Very exciting stuff but the certificates were a disappointment, looks like the same lady from the Bally stock but a little less action-oriented. Marvel’s shareholder reports were pretty awesome though with the comic art.

The stock split a bunch of times and I sold at what must have been close to the peak to buy my first computer - a year or two later Marvel was in bankruptcy. It’s been strictly mutual funds for me since then, but fun to follow along with everyone’s adventures here.

17689A14-7818-4497-983A-1FFF394BA2BA (resized).jpeg17689A14-7818-4497-983A-1FFF394BA2BA (resized).jpeg

#9233 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

I love Ice! kissing it right now. Cheers mate.
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've been long Ford for many years. It is actually my largest holding. It is definitely NOT a growth stock, and if you really wanted to bank the growth the ideal time to buy it was last March when it was back down to $4. This stock is very much only for the dividend. Unfortunately, when they suspended that last year, it hurt bad. Especially since the stock hasn't done well in 3-4 years. I probably should have sold it, but I've just steadily been adding to it to get my avg down and knowing that they will eventually bring back the dividend.
They just NAILED earnings, it isn't going to dip right now, but it probably isn't going to go up much more right now either. Hopefully they will start the dividend back in the next quarter. They actually have quite a bit going on right now that makes it look good, and it's cheaper to get into than TSLA (or any other vehicle stock) right now + divs when they do come back.
The chip news isn't new, and Ford has the new Bronco coming out to make up for the F-150 production.

I held Ford for many years. I sucked wind. The dividend was the only upside, and now it’s gone. I sold most of my positions right before this uptick but have no regrets. I lost most faith in Ford.

#9235 3 years ago

Do your DD on CNSP, but several analysts are jumping on this and giving it a price target of $10. I have a small position in it.

Not financial advice, just a heads up.

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I bought some FIRE warrants yesterday. The stock had a great day, up 22%. But it is easy to have these kind of movements when you trade for a quarter a share lol.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Curious to get thoughts on a potential investment idea to protect against the market having a major correction....
What do people think of the HDGE ETF, specifically buying a number of call options about 6 months away (maybe 50-100 option contracts per 100K of coverage)? Right now HDGE is at $2.60, and since it runs in the opposite direction to the market, if there is a drop within 6 months, it should jump up (in mid march of 2020 it jumped to over $7). Some sort of insurance against a bubble. Thoughts? Or maybe buy outright and dollar cost average the ETF over time?
[quoted image]

Why not buy puts in QQQ?

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Isn't that commonplace? I use Fidelity, you can buy for a cash amount or a share amount. I bought by cash amounts for a while and had all kinds of fractional shares and it totally bothered me looking at it, so I moved over to the traditional way and got rid of all the .15s and crap. Crypto buyers are super used to it, most people don't own a full Bitcoin unless they were buying them a decade ago.

It’s not commonplace, just started to be a thing recently and not everyone offers it. I was just pointing it out in case people wanted to get into Amzn or other stocks but didn’t want to go in thousands of dollars at once.

If you reinvest dividends you’ll get fractions too but you can’t trade them most places unless you close out the position.

#9239 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Also, just for Ice, I bought 4,000 SABR on a reopening play.

I too bought SABR. Very nice return the last two days. Are you still bullish on it?

#9240 3 years ago

PLTR's earnings are on 2/11 and will be followed by lockup expiration 2/16. I'm bullish on earnings and know folks in gov't that believe in the product. I'm bullish enough that I've been steadily averaging up on dips. However, I've got to imagine that a lot of insiders are going to take profit given the 4x increase in price. Also, the company has been around for sometime so I'm guessing these profits (which are far better than pre-IPO secondary markets) are retirement makers for a lot of those insiders. I'm thinking of getting out soon and then back in after lockup. Then again, Ark has been averaging up as well (https://cathiesark.com/ark-combined-holdings-of-pltr) and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to bet against Cathie Any thoughts from those that are tracking/holding PLTR?

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

PLTR's earnings are on 2/11 and will be followed by lockup expiration 2/16. I'm bullish on earnings and know folks in gov't that believe in the product. I'm bullish enough that I've been steadily averaging up on dips. However, I've got to imagine that a lot of insiders are going to take profit given the 4x increase in price. Also, the company has been around for sometime so I'm guessing these profits (which are far better than pre-IPO secondary markets) are retirement makers for a lot of those insiders. I'm thinking of getting out soon and then back in after lockup. Then again, Ark has been averaging up as well (https://cathiesark.com/ark-combined-holdings-of-pltr) and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to bet against Cathie Any thoughts from those that are tracking/holding PLTR?

I averaged down and then sold my higher positions when once they were covered.
If it drops after lockup below current position, I will add some more

#9242 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I too bought SABR. Very nice return the last two days. Are you still bullish on it?

I am. I am betting on it being a reopening play. Not explosive compared to some of the other stocks we have talked about in the past few days but up almost 9% since purchase. Will take that with every stock if I could.

#9243 3 years ago

I tried out "uphold" for crypto and you lose like $50+ on every transaction due to how the app works. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else had used or was using it and had not noticed. When you buy, it buys 3-5% higher than the current market price, and when you sell, it sells 5% lower than current market price roughly. You cannot do "limit" buy/sell, you can only do market sell, and uphold makes you lose a chunk of $$ on every transaction.

#9244 3 years ago

What's everyone's opinion on Unity? I've been watching them since their IPO. Their biggest competition is Unreal Engine, but that doesn't seem to be slowing them down. Q4 earnings came out the same day as NOK and were much better (I know the two are not related).

I really don't see Unity slowing down, especially with gaming getting bigger every year.

#9245 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I’ve posted a ton about PLTR as well as a pretty detailed link that has the float. Short answer is a ton of stock is coming up in February (roughly 80% of the float). I am going to wait and see what happens.

#9246 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I am. I am betting on it being a reopening play. Not explosive compared to some of the other stocks we have talked about in the past few days but up almost 9% since purchase. Will take that with every stock if I could.

We must have bought same price...I'm up 8.9%

#9247 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What's everyone's opinion on Unity? I've been watching them since their IPO. Their biggest competition is Unreal Engine, but that doesn't seem to be slowing them down. Q4 earnings came out the same day as NOK and were much better (I know the two are not related).
I really don't see Unity slowing down, especially with gaming getting bigger every year.

If I’m not mistaken, a lot of devs flocked to Unity for their friendly development fees for indie games. Epic changed course like a year ago and started offering their tools for cheap and with similar very low royalties for smaller games. Epic also cut a lot of royalties when selling on their digital store.

But Unity is probably still an ok bet. Most video game developers coming up either use Unity or Unreal.

I personally put money in Tencent because they own 40% of Epic and have lots of investments through the video game industry.

I also like Unreal over Unity because they’ve had a lot of penetration into TV/movie special effects production. Like Unreal engine does all the real-time graphics when they’re filming The Mandalorian. Sony recently bought into Epic so you can bet most Sony movies will be using Unreal

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If I’m not mistaken, a lot of devs flocked to Unity for their friendly development fees for indie games. Epic changed course like a year ago and started offering their tools for cheap and with similar very low royalties for smaller games. Epic also cut a lot of royalties when selling on their digital store.
But Unity is probably still an ok bet. Most video game developers coming up either use Unity or Unreal.
I personally put money in Tencent because they own 40% of Epic and have lots of investments through the video game industry.
I also like Unreal over Unity because they’ve had a lot of penetration into TV/movie special effects production. Like Unreal engine does all the real-time graphics when they’re filming The Mandalorian. Sony recently bought into Epic so you can bet most Sony movies will be using Unreal

Yeah, I've been looking at Tencent as well. I keep flip flopping between them. My kids and all their friends are huge Fortnite freaks so I see the potential there. My company also uses Unreal for ARVS and a lot of the developers here are frothing at the mouth for UE5 to be released.

Thanks!

#9249 3 years ago

GME just popped $25 after Robinhood lifts trading restrictions.

Robinhoods restrictions on GME has drastically affected this stock, and the market as a whole, over the last week by their abrupt restrictions on many stocks.

#9250 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

GME just popped $25 after Robinhood lifts trading restrictions.
Robinhoods restrictions on GME has drastically affected this stock over the last week by their abrupt restrictions on many stocks.

Maybe now is a good time for me to get out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/185?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.