Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 421.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

QCOM is on sale today. Thinking of picking some up.

I'd wait a few more days for perhaps a bigger dip. They have been downgraded and rumors of chip shortages.
Broadcom i think is a stronger company.

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Anyone have a crystal ball?

I do, but the damn thing seems to be broken.

#9153 3 years ago

Tired of seeing NOK in the red in my portfolio. Everything else is green. Don't know if I should take the small $300 loss or just hold on.

#9154 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What's the rationale on this one. My wife likes Poshmark, but the stock itself has been on a steady decline since IPO.

No rationale at all, besides my wife and kids love the site.
And now that I started a small position - you can bet on it dropping another 25%

My portfolio is full of rational holdings - need a few wild cards in there

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Tired of seeing NOK in the red in my portfolio. Everything else is green. Don't know if I should take the small $300 loss or just hold on.

Same. Their Q4 earnings were lackluster at best.

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

wait for a 3 - 5% bump then sell

#9157 3 years ago

If the reason you bought it in the first place has changed for the bad, sell. If you bought it as a momentum/meme stock, sell ..unless you are gambling. But if a small loss bothers you I suspect you really don't want to own the company.

Bottom line (if it was me)--sell, take the loss, dont look back and invest in something I want to own for ten years through good and bad.

Quoted from robertmee:

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

If the reason you bought it in the first place has changed for the bad, sell. If you bought it as a momentum/meme stock, sell ..unless you are gambling. But if a small loss bothers you I suspect you really don't want to own the company.
Bottom line (if it was me)--sell, take the loss, dont look back and invest in something I want to own for ten years through good and bad.

I like the company and so bought on the dip after the run up. Q4 beat EPS and Earnings so was expecting a rise. Guess Q4 was already built into the price or a bunch of redditors are dumping. Im going to hold.

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I like the company and so bought on the dip after the run up. Q4 beat EPS and Earnings so was expecting a rise. Guess Q4 was already built into the price or a bunch of redditors are dumping. Im going to hold.

I liked the company's potential in the 5G arena and bought before the reddit crap - but then sold as it pushed it up
If it dips under $4, I make think about jumping back in

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OPRX up 55%+ since 12/3 - not a bad return

now almost a double - plenty of good stocks out there outside of the reddit picks

#9161 3 years ago

now almost a double - plenty of good stocks out there outside of the reddit picks

and this is where i like day trading more than stock picking. It's easy to pick the big names, but finding obscure small companies, or companies on the rise etc and doing the research to hold long term also takes lots of time, and even then you have to have the timing right.

#9162 3 years ago

Anybody else unsubscribe yet from WSB? Every time I open Reddit and see some headline from their pop up at the top made me groan. So, I banished it!

#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and this is where i like day trading more than stock picking. It's easy to pick the big names, but finding obscure small companies, or companies on the rise etc and doing the research to hold long term also takes lots of time, and even then you have to have the timing right.

I have a chunk of my portfolio for swing and short positions. I use profits from selling these to add to my long term positions.

ATOS, CCIV, ZOM, CTRM and IZEA are ones that are doing well for me. But most of these will be out of my portfolio between now and March/April as I sell for profit and replenish with other penny growth stocks that I like.

#9164 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's where the best newsletters come into play
I don't have the capacity to do the research and understand everything - but I can subscribe to great stock picking newsletters

#9165 3 years ago

I’m done with the reddit stocks. I came out of it dead even. Thankfully I had taken a profit the first time I sold AMC and that cushioned the blow. Big lesson learned. Now motivated to keep hunting. Any other suggestions?

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else unsubscribe yet from WSB? Every time I open Reddit and see some headline from their pop up at the top made me groan. So, I banished it!

Yea I unsubbed days ago. It used to be good...now it is just a bunch of emojis and people screaming to hold the line as if they are part of some moral army. I feel like this whole GME debacle is going to sour a ton of first time investors. But instead of reflecting back on how they shouldn't have bought at 300-400+, they will blame the system...which is only half true.

#9167 3 years ago

Doubled my position on AMC in a day. Lost half of that in GME in 3 days. All in all, I'm up $5 on Reddit stocks. Totally worth the price of admission.

Now if CCIV would just announce the merger with Lucid...

#9168 3 years ago

Curious if the post pandemic releases a spending explosion, and if this leads to inflation coming back?

What stocks would do well if inflation rises?

Been so long I don't remember!

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m done with the reddit stocks. I came out of it dead even. Thankfully I had taken a profit the first time I sold AMC and that cushioned the blow. Big lesson learned. Now motivated to keep hunting. Any other suggestions?

opened a small position on LYV today @ $72.15
Betting on concerts coming back huge this summer - tremendous pent up demand

#9170 3 years ago

That's where the best newsletters come into play
I don't have the capacity to do the research and understand everything - but I can subscribe to great stock picking newsletters

Any good newsletters you recommend?

#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Curious if the post pandemic releases a spending explosion, and if this leads to inflation coming back?
What stocks would do well if inflation rises?
Been so long I don't remember!

OK lets break out the calculator - Roughly 330 million people in the US - 95% vaccination to reach herd immunity - 313.5 million vaccinations - one million vaccinations per day - Lets give the benefit of doubt to them that it started at that level on Jan 1st - add 313 days that is Nov 9th.

This doesn't take into consideration most vaccines take two doses nor the possibility that we never reach herd immunity due to refusal to get vaccinated. Anyone thinking that this is over soon - think again.

#9172 3 years ago

Anybody investing in space stocks?

#9173 3 years ago

True I think.

But, lets sat inflation comes back, this year or next, what would be the strategy?

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Anybody investing in space stocks?

I've been in SPCE since $25.55.

#9175 3 years ago

Holy hell... figure i'd drop in, and over 2K comments since my last visit in a couple weeks.. wow!

Where's my fellow PSTH investors at?

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any good newsletters you recommend?

www.stansberryresearch.com - Expensive but very worth it and lots to choose from
www.streetauthority.com

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Holy hell... figure i'd drop in, and over 2K comments since my last visit in a couple weeks.. wow!

I'm still in.

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

im still in

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I'm still in.

IMG_20210131_210350 (resized).jpgIMG_20210131_210350 (resized).jpg
#9180 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

OK lets break out the calculator - Roughly 330 million people in the US - 95% vaccination to reach herd immunity - 313.5 million vaccinations - one million vaccinations per day - Lets give the benefit of doubt to them that it started at that level on Jan 1st - add 313 days that is Nov 9th.
This doesn't take into consideration most vaccines take two doses nor the possibility that we never reach herd immunity due to refusal to get vaccinated. Anyone thinking that this is over soon - think again.

From my Doctor's newsletter this morning :

https://www.facebook.com/LouisMalinowMD/posts/3856705137722558

------------------------------------------

There has been a MASSIVE drop in cases in the last few weeks. There has been almost a 50% drop in the last 3 weeks, and while this might be spike related and fall off following the holidays........its more than we would expect simply from that.......which could mean that to some extent, herd immunity is showing up. If only 1 in 4 COVID 19 cases is actually documented, and we multiple the documented cases by 4.....we have a number approaching 100 million. We also have 22 million people vaccinated and by the end of March that number will likely be closer to 100 million. Though there are those docs providing sound bytes suggesting that 75 to 85% of the population will need to be vaccinated to provide herd immunity........that number is likely drastically lower if we count all of those already immune.

#9181 3 years ago

I opened a small position in WKHS this week. The current administration has signed an EO stating the all government vehicles are going EV. Workhorse is one of the 3 finalists for the 6+ billion dollar USPS vehicle contract, and the only one of the three that submitted an EV model. Ford/Oshkosh could possibly see a portion of this contract awarded to their internal combustion vehicle candidate. WKHS is only set to build 1600 vehicles this year, but they have a 10% stake in Lordstown, and has received a commitment to use what they need of the 5 million SF former GM plant that is mostly empty right now. WKHS currently has a 5.68 billion market cap, and would go north of 8 billion with a target price of $80-$90/share. The contract decision has been delayed numerous times though.

The stock is still fairly volatile, so do your own DD.

If you like safer, OSK (Oshkosh) (who is in the running for the same USPS contract with Ford) is generally a solid long term buy. They own JLG aerial lifts, Pierce (fire trucks), Mcneilus (concrete mixers and trash trucks) and a couple other heavy vehicle manufacturers that are known for quality and are heavy players in their respective industries.

#9182 3 years ago

Where's my fellow PSTH investors at?</blockquote

I am in. I actually hope no announcement for a bit. I want to increase my positon.

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

2/18 or sooner?

#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm still in.

#9185 3 years ago

opened a small position on LYV today @ $72.15
Betting on concerts coming back huge this summer - tremendous pent up demand

Im in the industry and no one is booking my 5 venues. Talks for a couple pay per view shows with no audience. Also both fairs out here will most likely cancel and no bookings there either.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im in the industry and no one is booking my 5 venues. Talks for a couple pay per view shows with no audience. Also both fairs out here will most likely cancel and no bookings there either.

Here on the east coast, things are starting to pick back up
Seen some tentative schedules for concerts - https://merriweathermusic.com/
and local theater came out with Broadway show schedule

#9187 3 years ago

Apple Cars coming soon to a road near you

5FFA4710-F6C7-4F87-8704-62F9177D7C4B (resized).png5FFA4710-F6C7-4F87-8704-62F9177D7C4B (resized).png
#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Still in and also enjoying the ups and downs of soon being a shareholder of payoneer.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I opened a small position in WKHS this week. The current administration has signed an EO stating the all government vehicles are going EV. Workhorse is one of the 3 finalists for the 6+ billion dollar USPS vehicle contract, and the only one of the three that submitted an EV model. Ford/Oshkosh could possibly see a portion of this contract awarded to their internal combustion vehicle candidate. WKHS is only set to build 1600 vehicles this year, but they have a 10% stake in Lordstown, and has received a commitment to use what they need of the 5 million SF former GM plant that is mostly empty right now. WKHS currently has a 5.68 billion market cap, and would go north of 8 billion with a target price of $80-$90/share. The contract decision has been delayed numerous times though.
The stock is still fairly volatile, so do your own DD.
If you like safer, OSK (Oshkosh) (who is in the running for the same USPS contract with Ford) is generally a solid long term buy. They own JLG aerial lifts, Pierce (fire trucks), Mcneilus (concrete mixers and trash trucks) and a couple other heavy vehicle manufacturers that are known for quality and are heavy players in their respective industries.

WKHS has quite a significant short position. Was it one of the stocks that got lumped into Robinhood's restricted trading?

#9190 3 years ago

Covid cases will die down naturally over the summer, there are plays to be made based on that even if it isn't actually done done by then.

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'd wait a few more days for perhaps a bigger dip. They have been downgraded and rumors of chip shortages.
Broadcom i think is a stronger company.

Agreed, I'd wait a couple months and then maybe dip into it. Their earnings in Q1 and Q2 will be weak but there is hope for a strong second half of 2021. I'm holding out for now but it's on my radar.

#9192 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm in and waiting for it to skyrocket soon.

#9193 3 years ago

Here on the east coast, things are starting to pick back up
Seen some tentative schedules for concerts - https://merriweathermusic.com/
and local theater came out with Broadway show schedule

True, east/west will open different for sure.
Our Broadway starts in Oct.

#9194 3 years ago

DKNG is rolling. Wish I had more in there.

#9195 3 years ago

PINS

Boom boom!

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You're forgetting the 25 million that already had covid that we know of, and now an estimated additional 90 million above that given the 44% downturn in new cases over the past 3 weeks per the CDC/WHO.

#9198 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

nice big jump after hours!

#9199 3 years ago

I think Ice be buying some new games!! Congratulations

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/184?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.