200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 420.
#9001 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So Hedge funds and their over shorting started this mess. But the SEC will likely be targeting us retail traders, further tilting the balance towards 'professionals'. Sounds fair:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/01/sec-could-set-short-interest-caps-hike-trading-taxes-to-combat-wild-moves-analysts-say.html

Mark Cuban did say the SEC wouldn't do anything to hedge funds. Best bet is congress

#9002 3 years ago

retail investors should gofundme/kickstart/carpool their investing resources and get a good lawyer and push this.

#9003 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Jeff Bezos is stepping down as CEO, becoming Executive Chairman of the Board. Andy Jassey, CEO of Amazon Web Services, is his replacement.

I have to wonder if this change could finally lead to a much needed stock split.
$3000 a share has to limit the buying pool for the stock. Splitting the stock and thus having that lower price point could help drive up interest in the stock.

#9004 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have to wonder if this change could finally lead a much needed stock split.

That would be nice!

#9005 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have to wonder if this change could finally lead a much needed stock split.
$3000 a share has to limit the buying pool for the stock. Splitting the stock and thus having that lower price point could help drive up interest in the stock.

I don’t care about the cost of one stock but it’ll help a lot for options because 100 shares of AMZN is a big deal.

#9006 3 years ago

Google stock is up $144 a share after earnings.

#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Interesting that the hype in the silver market is over as well. Looks like the big guys wanted to cash in on all the misdirection of where the money was going.

WSB kinda screwed up their focus... diverting attention from the short squeeze on GME and AMC to the next stock, and the next stock, and the next stock, and then silver was too much too fast, and the hedge funds were able to escape. These retail investors don't have endless cash to spread it so thin, which means participating in the "the next big thing" required capital to be pulled from GME and AMC. Thing about silver is too many institutions own it... can get the price bumped a little but not for long.

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS up again in after hours trading i believe on the Google earnings blowout. Ad revenue.
I don't think i posted this recent article but it is a great write up on PINS.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4402381-pinterests-early-innings-2021-top-pick

Really enjoyed that article. My wife is a big Pinterest user and it made a lot of sense to her too.

#9009 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

WSB kinda screwed up their focus... diverting attention from the short squeeze on GME and AMC to the next stock, and the next stock, and the next stock, and then silver was too much too fast, and the hedge funds were able to escape. These retail investors don't have endless cash to spread it so thin, which means participating in the "the next big thing" required capital to be pulled from GME and AMC. Thing about silver is too many institutions own it... can get the price bumped a little but not for long.

Wasn't WSB really. The subreddit was infiltrated by Bots promoting alternative stocks. Hedge funds aren't Billionaires by chance. They know how to play dirty. Wasnt coincidence that Citadel had a large position in Silver.

www.thegamer.com/gamestop-stock-bots-wallstreetbets/amp/

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I did, until the day I smashed it into a concrete barrier and totaled the car. My daily driver was in the shop so I had no choice to get it out when it was sub freezing temperatures. The car had extreme performance summer only tires on it.
Went around a corner at normal speed on an exit ramp and she just let loose. Right into the barrier. Spun around and hit it with the back.
I wish I could say I was going 140mph and lost it but no such luck. I miss that car.

WHHAAATTT!! Oh man, that’s a sad end to a beautiful car. Buddy of mine had one, cops kept pulling him over just to talk about the car. Yeah, I drove with summer tires once when temps went below 33 and a little wet. Thought “come on they’re still tires”. Nope- slid right down a hill going 5 mph.

#9012 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No, Robinhood made it all happen by limiting the stock

#9013 3 years ago

Clearly, the battle is over. The hedge funds escaped. Why are so many people still "holding the line" for? Am I missing something here?

#9014 3 years ago

You can lose a battle but win a war.

Those shorts are still out there.

#9015 3 years ago

I think the squeeze would have worked without intervention from the brokers.

It was pretty much weak sauce!

#9016 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I like nxpi in my, the world is going in the wrong direction portfolio, in this case microchipping humans.

Years ago I made enough money to put a down payment on my SRT Challenger lol. Mad i didnt get in less than a year ago at $70ish i think.

#9017 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think the squeeze would have worked without intervention from the brokers.
It was pretty much weak sauce!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2kCf9hvhjSx5jbc6NiZooO6ZpfTZLTXyBAOlMx6ZUqtIDvT0MV1vUJwkg&v=w4anTIL57mE&feature=youtu.be

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I'm in on 605 at a cost of $1.95. I was way too late so I'm riding it out long term. I'm reading their are going to focus on e-commerce more. Plus when covid is finally less of an issue people will buy more of the naked products

I remember when I used to think about my losses like that.
You are probably better off selling, taking the loss, and finding a new better quality investment that will grow your money in the future.
You only grow and mature as an investor when you learn to accept losses and just move on.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I remember when I used to think about my losses like that.
You are probably better off selling, taking the loss, and finding a new better quality investment that will grow your money in the future.
You only grow and mature as an investor when you learn to accept losses and just move on.

Yes. These small stocks can go either way just because they have a plan doesn’t mean it’ll work out for them.

If you are in a higher tax bracket, take the loss.

#9020 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes. These small stocks can go either way just because they have a plan doesn’t mean it’ll work out for them.
If you are in a higher tax bracket, take the loss.

Why sit on a crap stock hoping to recoup losses when there are better investments that will allow you to make money
If you are in any tax bracket - take a loss and move one

NAKD is under $1 - if you bought in at 1.95 you are already down 50%
Stock has to increase 100% just to break even - good luck

#9021 3 years ago

Why sit on a crap stock hoping to recoup losses when there are better investments that will allow you to make money
If you are in any tax bracket - take a loss and move one
NAKD is under $1 - if you bought in at 1.95 you are already down 50%
Stock has to increase 100% just to break even - good luck

So you're saying sell and go all in on gme?! JK

The elimination of transaction Fees has been very helpful with that I'm sure

#9022 3 years ago

Tell that to the people that bought GME in 2020

Seriously, tho, good advice for 99% of the time.

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Tell that to the people that bought GME in 2020
Seriously, tho, good advice for 99% of the time.

Therein lies the issue with GME AMC - it really skews the expectations of first time "investors"

#9024 3 years ago

I gotta be honest, this stuff is not for the faint of heart. i will admit, i got caught up in the news, the hype, etc. Bought GME at 266. couldnt stomach what i was seeing yesterday any longer and jumped ship at 95. Ten minutes later it spiked at 150 and hovered around 125 for the rest of the day...the pit in my stomach made me sick. Lost a bunch, if i had waited 10 minutes it wouldn't have been as bad but it is what it is. I only had 8 shares but still...not exactly thrilled about losing 1300 or so. is it money i can afford to lose? yes but that Doesnt make it any more fun. im still holding 50 shares of AMC and looking to find a less risky position to try to more appropriately regain some of my losses.

the distraction, anxiety of watching tickers, scanning WSB...im done. expensive lesson learned! i will leave this to the professionals and go back to what I'm good at. Lesson learned...

#9025 3 years ago

Another example. Scanning this thread yesterday i saw a mention of VXRT. it was around $14.50 at that moment. It ended the day north of $22 if memory serves. if i would have immediately just taken the mention here as direction, i couldve recouped alot of my GME losses in the course of a few hours.

Hindsight i guess.

So whats the ticket today? hahaha

#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Another example. Scanning this thread yesterday i saw a mention of VXRT. it was around $14.50 at that moment. It ended the day north of $22 if memory serves. if i would have immediately just taken the mention here as direction, i couldve recouped alot of my GME losses in the course of a few hours.
Hindsight i guess.

That's not how you do it anyway. Anything you see posted here are just suggestions people are looking into. You HAVE to do your own research before throwing money into anything. That takes time and effort. Even if someone else got in, it may have already ran it's course by the time they posted here.

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I gotta be honest, this stuff is not for the faint of heart. i will admit, i got caught up in the news, the hype, etc. Bought GME at 266. couldnt stomach what i was seeing yesterday any longer and jumped ship at 95. Ten minutes later it spiked at 150 and hovered around 125 for the rest of the day...the pit in my stomach made me sick. Lost a bunch, if i had waited 10 minutes it wouldn't have been as bad but it is what it is. I only had 8 shares but still...not exactly thrilled about losing 1300 or so. is it money i can afford to lose? yes but that Doesnt make it any more fun. im still holding 50 shares of AMC and looking to find a less risky position to try to more appropriately regain some of my losses.
the distraction, anxiety of watching tickers, scanning WSB...im done. expensive lesson learned! i will leave this to the professionals and go back to what I'm good at. Lesson learned...

Don't let it discourage you. I am a super novice and amateur at this, and I've lost money. It certainly hurts and I felt like I let my family down. This reddit stuff was straight up gambling, it wasn't really investing.

Reading through a lot of this thread will teach you some good habits I think. iceman44 has made some really good posts about buying when things are on sale, and his different investment strategies around longer term investments and the covid barbell or whatever he termed it.

Those two tips combined with his MAC tips have helped me get more comfortable with things. I'm the idiot that bought Zoom at almost $500.

Part of the fun of this thread for me is celebrating our wins and mourning our losses together.

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't let it discourage you. I am a super novice and amateur at this, and I've lost money. It certainly hurts and I felt like I let my family down. This reddit stuff was straight up gambling, it wasn't really investing.
Reading through a lot of this thread will teach you some good habits I think. iceman44 has made some really good posts about buying when things are on sale, and his different investment strategies around longer term investments and the covid barbell or whatever he termed it.
Those two tips combined with his MAC tips have helped me get more comfortable with things. I'm the idiot that bought Zoom at almost $500.
Part of the fun of this thread for me is celebrating our wins and mourning our losses together.

Thanks for the kind words, Sir. it helps!!

I hope this AMC uptick keeps going after market open today. Dont think i can convince myself to buy more of it than the 50 i have already. I bought at 12.65. so down a bit but not nearly the loss of the "GME experiment"

#9029 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Thanks for the kind words, Sir. it helps!!
I hope this AMC uptick keeps going after market open today. Dont think i can convince myself to buy more of it than the 50 i have already. I bought at 12.65. so down a bit but not nearly the loss of the "GME experiment"

In my opinion, do not buy any more AMC unless it goes below like $2. AMC will survive, it's just going to take a while. If you are willing to hold those 50 shares for a year or two, you'll get your money back in my opinion. Another option is to buy more shares when it's super low to help offset the price of those 50 shares you got at $12.65.

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The sad thing is, if you had waited 10 minutes, you probably would not have sold and instead convinced yourself the stock was going to shoot back up. I know I've done it. I've found that when I let emotion dictate when to buy or sell, it never works out. And that has been a very expensive lesson to learn. I'm still learning it to be honest, but I'm much better than I was years ago. (not saying you have or haven't learned this - I'm just relating to your experience)

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I legit yesterday looked up all of iceman's posts in this thread and read them. Learned a lot. He's a smart dude.

#9032 3 years ago

Exited GME at $113 during the premarket bump this morning, so it will probably moon today. Still made a decent profit, but not as much as last week...oh well.

#9033 3 years ago

I dumped my AMC yesterday at a decent loss, but am still holding the 8 shares of GME I own.

The end of last year, I bought 1 share of AMZN and 1 share of GOOGL for my Roth. They are doing well after earnings yesterday. Now I'd just like them to split.

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Most everyone flipping and gambling with meme stocks are doing just that, gambling. If you want to make money long term, don't forget Buffet's rules for stocks.
#1. Don't lose money
#2. Don't forget rule #1

Easy to understand difficult to master. Do some research. Now that the memes are dead momentum wise, let's get back to buying/selling stocks.

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yeah, that's the side effect of day trading. But you have to measure your success in long term averages. You will win some and you will lose some.

Now if you really want to have some fun and anxiety, throw a hundred dollars at a penny stock. I have 1 Million shares in HCMC. It was trading at .0002, so $200. Up to a whopping .0016 now. 8x return, but only $1600 so let it ride. HCMC holds a patent on a Vaping apparatus and has sued Phillip Morris for $1.6B in patent infringement. PM has until the 26th of Feb to either go into litigation or settle. CEO has publicly stated that there will be a stock buy back if they win the suit. PM just took out a 1.7B loan (you can see in SEC filings for this month). Will anything happen? Who knows. But if it goes to $1 (it won't) I'll make a million dollars...lol. It's more likely to go to 0, but I have slightly better odds than a lottery ticket, so what the hell.

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Most everyone flipping and gambling with meme stocks are doing just that, gambling. If you want to make money long term, don't forget Buffet's rules for stocks.
#1. Don't lose money
#2. Don't forget rule #1
Easy to understand difficult to master. Do some research. Now that the memes are dead momentum wise, let's get back to buying/selling stocks.

GME actually made an announcement today that could impact its stock today:

"Shares rose early Wednesday after the company named Matt Francis, whose credits include Amazon, QVC and Zulily, its chief technology officer. The role is a new one for the struggling video-game company, which has been trying to pump up traffic to its web business throughout the pandemic.

GameStop is also naming a former Chewy employee, Kelli Durkin, as its senior vice president of customer care."

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I legit yesterday looked up all of iceman's posts in this thread and read them. Learned a lot. He's a smart dude.

This post should be a sticky. iceman44 has dropped a wealth of knowledge and recommendations in this thread FOR FREE on how to make a killing investing in VALUE stocks. I don't recollect even once him suggesting buying anything based on a meme, youtube video, short squeeze, or recommendations of a bot filled internet forum.

Was he right 100% of the time? Probably not, but he was shouting from the rooftops the market was selling at a 50% discount in March to anybody that would listen. I even disagreed with him on the long term value of Macerich but it appears his take was more correct than mine even if we discount the recent rise from the short squeeze.

#9038 3 years ago

The echo chamber is strong here. Once again, he does this for a living, so he should be good at it. That being said, he is also the person who got pissed at everyone and turned into a complete psycho when the sky was going to fall and he insisted it wasn't because 'numbers'. He was VERY wrong. It was easy to be right AFTER it was at the bottom. Not saying he's not good at his job, but he is also emotional and not all logical 100% of the time. As is repeated all the time, do your research. He does throw out great suggestions.

#9039 3 years ago

Don't forget the element of time. Iceman and others here are often talking about buying low and holding for the long term...years, maybe decades. That is how you slowly build wealth. This past year has made a lot of people (myself included at times) think that you can double your money on a stock in a month, week, or even days...that is not normal and is basically a gamble. To be able to avoid those temptations, and to buy something when it is low instead of while it is on the rise (the FOMO) requires discipline. That's what I've been working on, anyway.

My biggest mental hurdle right now is that so many good stocks are up huge from a year ago, still pushing all time highs, so it is hard to determine if you should still be putting money into them at what could be a top. You can't time the market but all you have to do is look at a 1-5yr graph and many have spiked to the point that you have to wonder how fast they could drop, especially if there are Fed/policy changes.

I've been buying things like AMZN, AAPL, MSFT, WMT for the long haul and energy stocks for the short term, with some occasional swing trading in LEN and PHM, BABA, CURI, and PINS.

#9040 3 years ago

Is there a way to search a thread got just one poster like iceman?

#9041 3 years ago

Anybody in on SNAP? I bought a few shares on anticipation of a decent earnings report tomorrow.

#9042 3 years ago

Imho, you will not make money long term by trying to time the market. If your not in a hurry to make money, buy stocks in strong companies and add to those positions when they go on sale. PINS, as Ice has continue to say, has been one of those stocks. He just posted a very good article, read it. I've been adding to my position on every down day for the last couple of months and been doing very well with it. I still think it is undervalued and will continue to add to my position.

Do your own DD.

#9043 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

GME actually made an announcement today that could impact its stock today:
"Shares rose early Wednesday after the company named Matt Francis, whose credits include Amazon, QVC and Zulily, its chief technology officer. The role is a new one for the struggling video-game company, which has been trying to pump up traffic to its web business throughout the pandemic.
GameStop is also naming a former Chewy employee, Kelli Durkin, as its senior vice president of customer care."

The world is quickly moving towards 100% streaming media only
I don't see an existence for GME in the long run
Maybe if they find a way to press video games onto vinyl

#9044 3 years ago

So I mentioned this company in the past, and I'm not even sure how I ended up finding. I believe I was looking for companies with stocks under $1. The ticker is SOLR.V They trade on the TSXV (TSX Venture Exchange). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSX_Venture_Exchange or SAENF on the NASDAQ.

The company focuses on the residential, commercial and industrial solar installations. They have gotten some very large contracts recently. The stock was at 0.05 a year ago. It's been hovering between .40 and .50CAD since.

If you are looking for alternative energy to add to your portfolio give them a look. As always, do your due diligence before investing, 'cause what the hell do I know.

#9045 3 years ago

Click the silhouette icon at top of post between post number and time of person you’d like to see.

#9046 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

which has been trying to pump up traffic to its web business throughout the pandemic

Why on earth would anyone buy online games through GME? Xbox, PS5, Steam, Epic, etc, etc. Gme is a dead company. I go to my local game trade for the experience. Gme has no store experience. They need an Angela Ahrendts to turn their stores into a one of a kind experience.

Quoted from JodyG:

Anybody in on SNAP?

The time to buy snap was near ipo for $12.

#9047 3 years ago

Click on the little human head symbol next to the post count in a post by that Pinside member.

#9048 3 years ago

The world is quickly moving towards 100% streaming media only
I don't see an existence for GME in the long run
Maybe if they find a way to press video games onto vinyl

GME is fine for the next 5-8 years. The latest console releases included a physical media player. As long as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo keep doing this then 100% streaming media will not happen. They must be making money from physical media, or they wouldn't bother even providing the option.

#9049 3 years ago

Best advice I ever learned in the market

Buy a lot when everyone is running for the exit
Sell when people start asking for stock advice that have never been in the market before

Served me great during the 08/09 crash
and the covid crash

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

So I mentioned this company in the past, and I'm not even sure how I ended up finding. I believe I was looking for companies with stocks under $1. The ticker is SOLR.V They trade on the TSXV (TSX Venture Exchange). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSX_Venture_Exchange or SAENF on the NASDAQ.
The company focuses on the residential, commercial and industrial solar installations. They have gotten some very large contracts recently. The stock was at 0.05 a year ago. It's been hovering between .40 and .50CAD since.
If you are looking for alternative energy to add to your portfolio give them a look. As always, do your due diligence before investing, 'cause what the hell do I know.

Penny stocks are usually penny stocks for a reason.
A much better stock in the clean energy category is REGI or SEDG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/181?hl=bork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.