200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 420.
#8801 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nice. I bought AAPL for the first time over the weekend after hours Friday when it was still down with my GME profits, up 2% today.

Nice!!!! I added more Apple last week as well!!! I’m a piss poor trader, sticking to long term investments for me.

#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from scooter8416:

MAC down to $14 today after hitting $26 last week. Rags-Riches-Rags for me, as I'm still sitting on 500 shares. Might buy more this week and hope for another spike.

I may rebuy even though I told myself I was out of this insane and frenzied market last week.

I don't know yet....I have an ominous feeling something bad is looming.

#8803 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm watching GRWG as a longshot play.

GRWG has been good to me, own it at $3.81 since 4/20/20
Have an entire portfolio of Cannabis stocks - bought them all when they were down big

#8804 3 years ago

TSCO increases its dividend by 30% and beats Q4 predictions, so it only makes sense that the stock has been dropping ever since. Down 3% today. Down $20 since earnings. Good time to get in if you're interested. Their parking lots are full, even during the pandemic.

#8805 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

We have something called a Tax Free Savings Account and we use Registered Retirement Savings Plans up here in Canada. The TFSA allows you to put so much money into it every year. You can invest this money while it's inside the TFSA on anything you want. If it goes up there are no tax implications. If you withdraw it there are no tax implications. As long as you don't over contribute to it you are fine. TFSA is more liquid. The money can be accessed at any time. It's basically a tax shelter.
RRSP's are similar, but they are heavily taxed when withdrawn, so most people use them after retirement when their income is lowest. It's similar to your 401K. RRSP funds can be invested though, and there are no tax implications as long as the money stays in the RRSP.
Both are nice little shelters for making money on your way to retirement without the government getting their dirty hands on any of it. Except on RRSPs when you withdrawal.

I haven’t started investing yet but have been planning too. I was planning on using my tfsa but now that I’m researching it seems very unclear the day trading rules and taxes in a tfsa.

Seems to be if you treat it like your job you will be taxed. Also if you do too many trades or are too successful you will be taxed. I don’t think it will be a problem for me as I have a ft job in construction and not likely to make much money in stocks but it’s a bit concerning if you get too lucky you could get taxed and might not even be for years down the road.

Any Canadians have real life experience with this?

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I haven’t started investing yet but have been planning too. I was planning on using my tfsa but now that I’m researching it seems very unclear the day trading rules and taxes in a tfsa.
Seems to be if you treat it like your job you will be taxed. Also if you do too many trades or are too successful you will be taxed. I don’t think it will be a problem for me as I have a ft job in construction and not likely to make much money in stocks but it’s a bit concerning if you get too lucky you could get taxed and might not even be for years down the road.

There are no taxes on gains made within a TFSA. The only time you get into trouble is if you over-contribute or if you start day trading out of your TFSA.
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/tax-free-savings-account/tax-payable-on-tfsas.html

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I have done lots of trades in my TFSA without any problems. If you make huge profits, they may come after you. They are more looking for people with $500k+ in their TFSAs.

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I tried the pot stock thing awhile back and got slaughtered. I used a few of them to offset gains last year. They were just sitting there rotting in my portfolio.
Bought CANN @ $7.17 and it's at a whopping $0.906 right now.

Don't worry, your not the only one. I have CNTTQ (Canntrust) sitting in my account hoping they can start trading again one day on the Toronto Stock Exchange. They got caught growing weed illegally before they had their license. They have gotten their license back again and have started to sell product. Long way to go to get back to even.

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

TSCO increases its dividend by 30% and beats Q4 predictions, so it only makes sense that the stock has been dropping ever since. Down 3% today. Down $20 since earnings. Good time to get in if you're interested. Their parking lots are full, even during the pandemic.

was probably already priced in
looks expensive to me ... I would take a look at it closer to $100

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

was probably already priced in
looks expensive to me ... I would take a look at it closer to $100

I've been invested since it was $52/share. I've been watching it ever since. It's been trying to bust the $100/share mark for while now. It nosedived back at the end of 2020 to around $77, but then broke through. I don't see it dropping back under $100 now that it is through unless management screws the pooch.

#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm watching GRWG as a longshot play.

I like that one
IIPR too, a cannabis REIT.

#8813 3 years ago

I missed the hype on the GME/AMC crap..which was annoying. Cashed out decent on NVAX prior to their p3 results and am kicking myself for it now. Closed last thurs at 134 prior to p3 results which is right around where i dumped it. Close today was 268. Live and learn i guess. Many were going to market (J&J, AZ, PFZR). I knew there'd need to be multiple vax's but they were just taking too damn long.

Got on PSTH based on this thread- hope it goes well. And pot stocks. Fuck me. Bought CGC at like 52/share when they were supposed to be the next to export CBD oil to the EU. Missed their target on the export, stock tanked and I've been holding the bag in the red since. I think it's been like 1.5 yrs now...made half my losses back hoping more relaxed US regs are coming.

#8814 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

made half my losses back hoping more relaxed US regs are coming.

Oregon decriminalized all drugs! Unfortunately backward ass states like mine don't have legal pot yet. Hell we barely have medical.

#8816 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Oregon decriminalized all drugs! Unfortunately backward ass states like mine don't have legal pot yet. Hell we barely have medical.

Fuck yea, Portland worldwide. Such a tranquil and calm place! Lol

#8817 3 years ago

Apparently Portland hasn't seen enough methheads or crackheads to know what kind of people it turns them into. "Small amount" indeed. What could go wrong.

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Such a tranquil and calm place! Lol

uh, the ones on the drugs aren't the problem in your example buckaroo.

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

SPCE to the moon!!!

Me and my 2 shares are happy with the direction it's been heading.

#8820 3 years ago

Wow AI up 8% ah.

Today was a nice recovery day. Wish I'd not wasted time with GME and AMC. Pretty sure I'm going to lose that money.

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wow AI up 8% ah.
Today was a nice recovery day. Wish I'd not wasted time with GME and AMC. Pretty sure I'm going to lose that money.

Maybe...AMC tanking pretty hard now. Might be time to buy the dip. Strike at 7 for me.

I predicted earlier that if GME/AMC did a slow decline to the bell, that a selloff might occur. I think impatience is setting in.

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Apparently Portland hasn't seen enough methheads or crackheads to know what kind of people it turns them into. "Small amount" indeed. What could go wrong.

I love Portland and I like drugs, but what the heck does this have to do with stock market trading? The only conversations on drug legalization that seem pertinent to an investment forum is how they might effect drug related stock prices.

ps- Pinball related Portland fact, Portland has more pinball machines per capita than any other city in America

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Maybe...AMC tanking pretty hard now. Might be time to buy the dip. Strike at 7 for me.
I predicted earlier that if GME/AMC did a slow decline to the bell, that a selloff might occur. I think impatience is setting in.

Hopefully they all pile on NOK and tell us they are going to do it.

#8824 3 years ago

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. Someone smarter than me explain please:

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/gotoBL/fidelityTopOrders.jhtml

Look at the Buy/Sell Ratio for GME and AMC. Supply and Demand. You would think the price would be going up?

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:I love Portland and I like drugs, but what the heck does this have to do with stock market trading? The only conversations on drug legalization that seem pertinent to an investment forum is how they might effect drug related stock prices.
ps- Pinball related Portland fact, Portland has more pinball machines per capita than any other city in America

Ask the person who brought it up. Ever seen crack addicts trading stocks? It's hilarious.

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

uh, the ones on the drugs aren't the problem in your example buckaroo.

True, they are people who hate themselves. Probably on booze and heroin. Anyway, Portland is a shit show of what happens when, um, you suck at life and rioting is all that is "left".

#8827 3 years ago

Well if you actually took that reddit seriously, their target for gme was only ever 420.69, so if you bought at 351 you were only targeting an extra 'measly' 69.69

Now I wouldn't count any of these meme stocks out yet.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

True, they are people who hate themselves. Probably on booze and heroin. Anyway, Portland is a shit show of what happens when, um, you suck at life and rioting is all that is "left".

How much time have you spent in Portland? I stay there usually 2 or 3 times a year for the weekend. I love Portland, it's full of pinball bars, punks, hippies, strip clubs, cheap drinks, and more neighborhood restaurants, dive bars and independent businesses than most towns I've travelled too. I would think on a pinball forum you would judge a town more on it's killer pinball scene than on some short lived protest action in on small part of an awesome town. I guess if your only idea of Portland came from the mainstream media's coverage of a few hundred anarchists you might be right, but in reality it's an awesome town with one of the best pinball scenes in the world.

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How much time have you spent in Portland? I stay there usually 2 or 3 times a year for the weekend. I love Portland, it's full of pinball bars, punks, hippies, strip clubs, cheap drinks, and more neighborhood restaurants, dive bars and independent businesses than most towns I've travelled too. I would think on a pinball forum you would judge a town more on it's killer pinball scene than on some short lived protest action in on small part of an awesome town. I guess if your only idea of Portland came from the mainstream media's coverage of a few hundred anarchists you might be right, but in reality it's an awesome town with one of the best pinball scenes in the world.

I used to travel to Portland several times a year calling on DTNA (Freightliner), Beall Trailers (now part of Wabash National) and Silver Eagle Manufacturing (maker of custom Dollies and trailers).
I am so glad I no longer need to travel there after the violence this past Summer. If I need to in the future, I'll stay in a hotel in Vancouver, Washington.

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

4 years is not shortlived bud, and if some measure of safety cant be guaranteed, no amount of pinball is worth that.

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I used to travel to Portland several times a year calling on DTNA (Freightliner), Beall Trailers (now part of Wabash National) and Silver Eagle Manufacturing (maker of custom Dollies and trailers).
I am so glad I no longer need to travel there after the violence this past Summer. If I need to in the future, I'll stay in a hotel in Vancouver, Washington.

Ha ha ha, I'd never stay in The 'Couve, that town has zero personality and little pinball. I'd happily visit Charlottesville, Virginia and Washington DC even though awful protests have gone down in those cities, I don't think past protests would reflect at all on my experience travelling there, but to each their own. I do love Portland though, my brother and his family live there and I have a bunch of friends that live there. The pinball scene is great, so many barcades and pinheads, there is a pinball tournament going on almost every night, sometimes more than one. But anyway, back to stocks!

#8832 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Grabbed FOUR on 9/1. It's seeing a nice uptick right now.

3 months ago I mentioned FOUR (Shift4) which is one of the largest payment processors. Owner is also a pilot who owns over 30 jet fighters. Well look what just hit the news today.

Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is planning the first all-civilian orbital spaceflight later this year, to be led by a technology entrepreneur who will be joined by three other people.

The flight is expected for the fourth quarter, SpaceX and Jared Isaacman said in a statement Monday. Isaacman, the founder and chief executive officer of Shift4 Payments Inc., a payment processor, said he wants the planned multiday “Inspiration4” flight to inspire support for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-01/musk-s-spacex-plans-all-civilian-space-flight-with-tech-ceo

#8833 3 years ago

Is anyone else getting the daily explanation emails from Robinhood? They are doing some serious damage control.

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is anyone else getting the daily explanation emails from Robinhood? They are doing some serious damage control.

Not me. I use Merrill Lynch....

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

YES

#8836 3 years ago

Delaying IPO too I believe

#8837 3 years ago

Now that reddit appears to have moved on from GME, will the next move be to collectively short Robinhood once it goes public?

#8838 3 years ago

I don't think they moved on from GME, but they are unable to buy like they were because their hands are tied. I truly don't believe GME would be trading so low if they wouldn't have restricted everyone.

#8839 3 years ago

The biggest thing people should do at this point - and I do encourage any of you with brokerage houses that put restriction on trading like RH - close your account! If they go bankrupt - that will send a clear message.

#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The biggest thing people should do at this point - and I do encourage any of you with brokerage houses that put restriction on trading like RH - close your account! If they go bankrupt - that will send a clear message.

Don't switch to eToro. I don't know how it is legal but many people reporting that for even normal shares of GME, eToro added automatic stop loss sells at a certain % of buy, of course which triggered today when it dipped...peoples shares were being sold, and there was no notification that a stop loss was in place nor a means to remove it.

#8841 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

3 months ago I mentioned FOUR (Shift4) which is one of the largest payment processors. Owner is also a pilot who owns over 30 jet fighters. Well look what just hit the news today.
Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is planning the first all-civilian orbital spaceflight later this year, to be led by a technology entrepreneur who will be joined by three other people.
The flight is expected for the fourth quarter, SpaceX and Jared Isaacman said in a statement Monday. Isaacman, the founder and chief executive officer of Shift4 Payments Inc., a payment processor, said he wants the planned multiday “Inspiration4” flight to inspire support for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-01/musk-s-spacex-plans-all-civilian-space-flight-with-tech-ceo

It looks like it's given the stock a bump both today and after hours too.

#8842 3 years ago

Reddit definitely hasnt moved on from GME. The volume today seems to suggest people are holding.

#8843 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. Someone smarter than me explain please:
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/gotoBL/fidelityTopOrders.jhtml
Look at the Buy/Sell Ratio for GME and AMC. Supply and Demand. You would think the price would be going up?

They're labeled as buy/ sell orders. Some of the sell orders must have been very large. That's all I can think of. There's definitely some shady stuff going on

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not me. I use Merrill Lynch....

I use Fidelity, I pretty much forgot I'd opened a Robinhood account that I never used until someone posted their wife had opened one a year ago and the free stock they gave her was a share of GME. So I quickly logged into mine to see if I was so lucky, but nope, mine is some other penny stock that Reddit has yet to discover. I wonder if Robinhood giving away a bunch of GME shares to people opening accounts with them over the past year or two helped contribute a little to it's rise.

#8845 3 years ago

Is this even possible? GME at 226% short interest?

E9923102-DE4C-4C7B-B188-94F14568D6DA (resized).jpegE9923102-DE4C-4C7B-B188-94F14568D6DA (resized).jpeg
#8846 3 years ago

I suppose if 140% is possible, then that is possible, but seems unlikely? Or did WSB cash out and reversing and catching it on the downside

#8847 3 years ago

robinhood will survive because people don't remember - plus google took out all their negative reviews. i was hoping to grab the spac robinhood would use to go public - after this i won't touch it

i never got into the pot stocks - but i did buy a lot of OGI today because the call premium is so good - example if you buy it at $1.80 you can get at least .30 for the march 2.50 calls, or .20 for the feb 2.50 calls - to me that's a nice premium

i actually got .23 for the feb 19th 2.50 calls

thanks ed

#8848 3 years ago

Google is another company that is starting to get too big for its britches and overstepping.

#8849 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I suppose if 140% is possible, then that is possible, but seems unlikely? Or did WSB cash out and reversing and catching it on the downside

More likely the Hedge funds didn't learn their lesson and are buying shorts for the inevitable return to earth.

#8850 3 years ago

Eventually people will lose interest or get tired of no upside and there will be no one to sell to, as it drops the shorts will prevail. Sad, but that's what happens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/177?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.