Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 421.
#8501 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not really unbelievable. Facebook has a standard they want everyone to follow, so that everyone is mutual. This Group is unmutual, making their own decisions.
Sorry, not allowed.
They will be shutting down more Groups until they either go out of Business or everybody toes their line.

I can't speak to whats being reported at this moment, but the reality is NOT what you state. FB caters to your own personal circle of news depending on your behaviors. They ONLY care about $$. The only thing they 'censor' is hate speech...and even that has to be pretty bad. Sure in the last month they are probably stepping things up, but they are being pushed to do so.

I do not and have never had a FB account and my life is just fine. I do not agree with their big brother (or googles for that matter) approach to business and I think social media in general is getting progressively worse so these type of forums are about as 'social' as I get. That being said, this BS that these companies are censoring to fit a narrative is complete falsehoods. They don't care about what you say, only that you use their products, but anyone allowing hate speech and death threats and straight up lies to be circulated are complacent in anything bad that happens as a result.

#8502 3 years ago

This is so frustrating! I transferred money to trade three days ago and it's still on hold due to "Risk assessment". I JUST WANT TO GET IN THE GAME!

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

This is so frustrating! I transferred money to trade three days ago and it's still on hold due to "Risk assessment". I JUST WANT TO GET IN THE GAME!

What broker? I literally did an ACH into Ameritrade yesterday and I was instantly allowed to trade.

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

That's crazy.....my fidelity is instantly

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What broker? I literally did an ACH into Ameritrade yesterday and I was instantly allowed to trade.

WealthSimple in Canada

#8506 3 years ago

I haven't even tried. I had some cash sitting in UStocktrade who does not appear to have any limits. (note: I do not recommend this broker for normal use, but it is great if you day/swing trade).

EDIT: speaking of which. For those who are new to this, I want to take a moment to give some advice that someone gave me when starting out based on what I saw posted here and elsewhere this morning.

If the plan Monday is to add/buy positions in these do not buy right at open. I have a rule that I will not buy a stock that I don't intend to hold long term for at least 30 minutes after open.

Generally what you will see on these meme stocks is pre-market runs and when market opens it might go up slightly-or even a lot, but then it will dip hard as people who couldn't trade after hours take profits. Letting the volatility settle some will help you not to buy at the top.

Is this foolproof, no. I'm no pro (obviously), but this simple rule has done well for me and help you get over your FOMO.

#8507 3 years ago

If there are any services Canadians use and have instant access to their funds, please let me know!

#8508 3 years ago

I'm not looking at stock prices again until Monday morning!

#8509 3 years ago

Was this shit rigged 20 years ago as much as it is now? Or am I just older and see through the smoke and mirrors?

Go watch Black Monday.

#8510 3 years ago

I'm not looking at stock prices again until Monday morning!

Agreed. Think I might actually play some pinball now.

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

If there are any services Canadians use and have instant access to their funds, please let me know!

Quest Trade

#8512 3 years ago

I'm out on the YOLO ones not b/c I don't think there is still action but honestly, it was starting to take up too much of my time and brain power. Having to constantly check, buy on dips etc. Too much for me fellas. It was fun though.

I just bought some apple b/c it's plug and play haha

good luck!

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apple is at a nice sale price right now.

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Interesting. I've never dabbled in the more expensive versions, but I've always enjoyed the base Buffalo Trace. I would take a recommend for something in the $40ish range.

Stop hiding Drive down to my house and play me 1 on 1 for 400 peanuts and I will let you sip on all of my bourbon. Let’s make it happen.

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't speak to whats being reported at this moment, but the reality is NOT what you state. FB caters to your own personal circle of news depending on your behaviors. They ONLY care about $$. The only thing they 'censor' is hate speech...and even that has to be pretty bad. Sure in the last month they are probably stepping things up, but they are being pushed to do so.
I do not and have never had a FB account and my life is just fine. I do not agree with their big brother (or googles for that matter) approach to business and I think social media in general is getting progressively worse so these type of forums are about as 'social' as I get. That being said, this BS that these companies are censoring to fit a narrative is complete falsehoods. They don't care about what you say, only that you use their products, but anyone allowing hate speech and death threats and straight up lies to be circulated are complacent in anything bad that happens as a result.

Where did I say the first thing about censoring or hate speech? Save these talking points for someone else. I said this Redditt Group stepped out from the norm and are unmutual from the average person so they had to be shut down. In case you haven't noticed all of the big tech guys join hands and make the same decisions. What they did may encourage others to do the same and cost a few billionaires big money so they got to go.

#8516 3 years ago

Well, it looks like most everyone held their shares in the WSBs stocks today, no big changes on a day I thought their would be lots of action. I guess this is going well into next week. I held my AMC, though I probably should have sold it when it almost hit $16. If it gets up towards that in after hours trading, I plan to sell.

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm out on the YOLO ones not b/c I don't think there is still action but honestly, it was starting to take up too much of my time and brain power. Having to constantly check, buy on dips etc. Too much for me fellas. It was fun though.
good luck!

Same for me. I made a bit of cash, but I was stressing and watching a ticker all day, instead of paying attention to my life and family. It was fun for a day, and a nice distraction, but can't do this for a long haul.

I was glad to be a part of it though.

#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Where did I say the first thing about censoring or hate speech? Save these talking points for someone else. I said this Redditt Group stepped out from the norm and are unmutual from the average person so they had to be shut down. In case you haven't noticed all of the big tech guys join hands and make the same decisions. What they did may encourage others to do the same and cost a few billionaires big money so they got to go.

that is not at all how your post appeared. What you are saying here is much more on point.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Apple is at a nice sale price right now.

I agree, I grabbed 10 shares after hours.

#8520 3 years ago

Such blatant market manipulation...active volume for GME during trading hours...29M. Volume AFTER hours...50M. Ive never seen a stock trade 2x volume after the bell.

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Suggestions on where to buy crypto like dogecoin and bitcoin?

One follow up. This guy does some great analysis of the most popular coins.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/price-analysis-1-29-btc-eth-dot-xrp-ada-link-ltc-bch-bnb-xlm

#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I agree, I grabbed 10 shares after hours.

I grabbed some around the lunch dip!

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I grabbed some around the lunch dip!

Same.

#8524 3 years ago

I wanted to buy some tesla, but I can't bring myself to pay that much.

#8525 3 years ago

CNBC has DeepFuckingValue on after commercial

#8526 3 years ago

I was in on AMC and BB and was doing great. Once the platforms started cheating to drive the price down I wussed out and sold off and broke even at best. Today I bought back on in GME and AMC to help the little guy fight against RH and the big money backing them. Probably not the best decision but I can loose a little money if it helps the cause, maybe I'll even get a few shekels out it.

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Same here, I did very well on the way up... but it's out of whack now... Like most company's in the U.S. I'm finding that the Chinese company's are way under valued compared to U.S company's.. Been dumping money there. Can't see the new administration standing up to them now, bought and payed for... And China is use to dealing with viruses. What, last 20 years? Standard issue masks. The markets there barely moved. Less manipulation for sure.

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

CNBC has DeepFuckingValue on after commercial

Link?

#8529 3 years ago

I think I missed it, but the live audio: https://www.cnbc.com/live-audio/

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

May look cheap a few years down the road. Lots of innovation and products coming down the pipeline for Tesla. Soon to be lots of recurring subscription revenues.

#8531 3 years ago

TV...they advertised it as having him on. Turns out it was just a review of his WSJ interview today.

#8532 3 years ago

Can I just say it has been fun seeing all of the energy the past few days on here? Has been a lot of fun!

#8533 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

May look cheap a few years down the road. Lots of innovation and products coming down the pipeline for Tesla. Soon to be lots of recurring subscription revenues.

Well this would be good because at this point that dont really do much of anything and are worth 1000 trillion bazzillion

they may want to get on that revenue thing and actually and do something other than "innovating"

What are you doing? ...

oh me? Im thinking of doing something.. oh wait no, I'm innovating. yah thats the ticket . lol

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Can I just say it has been fun seeing all of the energy the past few days on here? Has been a lot of fun!

Agreed. Like I said before, this is my first time in here, but it was great to bounce stuff off of you guys.

After hours looks pretty flat. I'll see you guys on Monday. Have a great weekend.

#8535 3 years ago

Not an exciting stock, but just bought 500 of CCL. Before Covid was trading around 50. Its near the lowest , down 5% today to $18. ,Its a longer term play, but being a world wide entity, will see opening operations as Covid restrictions ease.

#8536 3 years ago

Robinhood screwed up here. They tried to grow too fast and have their own clearing house. This was a big mistake. They got caught over-extended and the RH customers are the ones that ultimately paid for their lack of foresight. It also possibly caused any investor that held any of the stocks that RH froze to loose money.

I closed my account at RH, my girlfriend closed hers, and I know 3 other people that are closing their accounts. If RH cannot provide the service they promised and it affects my $ that is a HUGE problem.

Handling finances for individuals carries a big responsibility and RH failed miserable and is still limiting their customers.

#8537 3 years ago

Its what happens when an app tries to be a brokerage. Better off finding a brokerage with an app (not my quote)

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Its what happens when an app tries to be a brokerage. Better off finding a brokerage with an app (not my quote)

^^^^^^^^^
that

#8539 3 years ago

So the whole Robinhood debacle was one of mismanagement and not some evil attempt to limit damage to the big Wall St short money?

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the whole Robinhood debacle was one of mismanagement and not some evil attempt to limit damage to the big Wall St short money?

A little of both?

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

AMC holders, are you still holding, sold or will sell?

I'm In it for the long haul. I got in at $8.82/share and bought 92 shares. I figured its not enough to cry about if I lose it all. Haha

#8542 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever looked forward to monday before..

#8543 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't think I've ever looked forward to monday before..

trading actively in the market will do that to you.

#8544 3 years ago

What a wild ride! I left a sell order at $1,000 including after close so we’ll see what happens.

If that happens I might buy a NIB game.

#8545 3 years ago

I dropped my iPhone and the screen broke! Any movement on gme and amc?

#8546 3 years ago

Also, does anybody know how to set up RH on a laptop?

#8547 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Also, does anybody know about to set up RH on a laptop?

they just have a website you can use. There isn't an app.

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I dropped my iPhone and the screen broke! Any movement on gme and amc?

No...both pretty flat after hours.

#8549 3 years ago

Excellent write up of what's going on with GME/AMC
https://pluralistic.net/2021/01/28/payment-for-order-flow/#wallstreetbets

#8550 3 years ago

Irony moment! Wanted to buy just 5 shares yesterday, just to get into the fun a bit. Price was around 430 a share. Charles Schwab would not let me trade and I was pissed. Wanted to close account etc etc. Let me make my own decisions dammit! Well it dropped obviously and i was able to buy at $225.

Thanks for saving me from myself Schwab!! The irony is NOT lost on me. Still closing my account..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/171?hl=jtschro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.