Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 421.
#8401 3 years ago

Where is ICE?

When would you say APPLE is on sale?

Looking to double dip.

Profits from GME and AMC.

And also buy APPL and PINS on the dip.

#8402 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I've got my TDAmeritrade account open, and the yahoo finance page open. Anyone with any insight of why the prices never match up?
Currently in TD GME shows $334, $359 on yahoo. I would guess TD is more up to date, but I just don't know why they would be that different.

I would guess the opposite if you are using Ameritrade's website, try refreshing the page and see. At least with Fidelity, the web version doesn't live track by the minute, when I was using it I had to refresh alot to see the up to the minute data I was seeing on Marketwatch. Fidelity has an Active Trader app you download that shows the minute by minute data, I'm sure Ameritrade has something similar.

#8403 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Different institutions have different delays depending on if they are free or paid. Most make you pay for more up to date quotes.
Also, go GME and AMC! both on the move.

Thats what I was figuring, but since I've posted GME is still hovering around 360 on yahoo, but it has never gone past 340 on td

#8404 3 years ago

Got in on GME at $342. Strapping in and ready for the ride.

#8405 3 years ago

I'm curious to see how many people hold GME into next week. If things get crazy in the last hour of the market, will there be a massive sell off? Or is the mission so big that people will stay on this ride?

#8406 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm curious to see how many people hold GME into next week. If things get crazy in the last hour of the market, will there be a massive sell off? Or is the mission so big that people will stay on this ride?

A lot of people over on reddit are saying the real action isn't going to happen until Monday / Tuesday of next week. I also read somewhere that even with all the manipulation yesterday, they only covered 20% of their short interest and are still sitting on 120%.

I was thinking of just throwing in a sell order for $1,000.

#8407 3 years ago

Ugh... The rest of the market is a mess today. Yesterdays gains are gone.

#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Same. If we sell during after hours will the order go through or get on the queue for Monday?

#8409 3 years ago

Apple is down to $131.09 at 12:43pm

#8410 3 years ago

I know some people play gold. Gold is down 5 months out of 6. Ouch!

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Bitcoin is the new gold

#8412 3 years ago

Lots of price fluctuation today, just added a little bit of Apple for the long haul.

#8413 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Gold is supposed to be a hedge in a bad economy though, right? Seems about right.

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ugh... The rest of the market is a mess today. Yesterdays gains are gone.

Selling off to cover the coming losses of redditors refusing to sell GME which means the shorts are going to get hammered

#8415 3 years ago

Something is not right. GME volume is light at only 29M vs 400M for AMC. I know everyone is holding GME but that seems crazy.

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Something is not right. GME volume is light at only 29M vs 400M for AMC. I know everyone is holding GME but that seems crazy.

It's because of the limits on buys and apparently RH is up to something now too. No one is buying no one is selling (mostly)

#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's because of the limits on buys and apparently RH is up to something now too. No one is buying no one is selling (mostly)

Someone should go to jail for this shit. Seriously.

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Will share prices still skyrocket as predicted if things remain as they are now?

#8419 3 years ago

Everyone hang onto your shorts. Expect the afternoon push to dip GME, AMC, BB, NOK, et al. Wouldnt be surprised to see 150 on GME and under 10 on AMC. Buy the dip and don't panic. This is not financial advice but relaying alot of net chatter. The bell is about to toll for the short positions.

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will share prices still skyrocket as predicted if things remain as they are now?

We are at the noon lull. And I have no idea. It's hard to filter the hype noise from common sense since this isn't normal.

#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Everyone hang onto your shorts. Expect the afternoon push to dip GME, AMC, BB, NOK, et al. Wouldnt be surprised to see 150 on GME and under 10 on AMC. Buy the dip and don't panic. This is not financial advice but relaying alot of net chatter. The bell is about to toll for the short positions.

Just because I'm an idiot and don't understand this stuff, wouldn't you think it would go up? If they have to close their positions by today, wouldn't that drive the price up and not down?

With that said, if you were theoretically buying more GME, what price would you be eyeballing? Not asking for investment advice, just theoretically. You know, asking for a friend.

#8422 3 years ago

My guess is we will have a repeat of yesterday. Everything will close lower, and then start to climb after hours.

#8423 3 years ago

One of my other stocks were up 90%, so I sold some of my position. I was going to take that and throw it at GME and see if it sticks. I just don't want to throw it at the wrong number.

And yes I know this is a hell of a gamble, but since I was up 90%, it's really the houses money.

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Just because I'm an idiot and don't understand this stuff, wouldn't you think it would go up? If they have to close their positions by today, wouldn't that drive the price up and not down?
With that said, if you were theoretically buying more GME, what price would you be eyeballing? Not asking for investment advice, just theoretically. You know, asking for a friend.

Shorts have no expiration. This may very well run through next week if the hedges have the money to pay the interest on the shorts. Calls expiring today can be exercised any time today if they are in the money. I personally will be buying more GME if and when they put the artificial ladder squeeze on in the 3-4PM hour, and only if it gets down into the mid-100's. I bought in at $48, so my risk tolerance is probably different than someone who bought at $375. Do your own DD, and this isn't financial advise.

#8425 3 years ago

Suggestions on where to buy crypto like dogecoin and bitcoin?

#8426 3 years ago

I see a lot of people without afterhours trading abilities getting screwed over on a over the weekend hold.

#8427 3 years ago

Good day to buy some long positions. Put more money in AAPL and PINS plus the ARK ETF funds.

#8428 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don't buy dogecoin. It has no limit.

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shorts have no expiration. This may very well run through next week if the hedges have the money to pay the interest on the shorts. Calls expiring today can be exercised any time today if they are in the money. I personally will be buying more GME if and when they put the artificial ladder squeeze on in the 3-4PM hour, and only if it gets down into the mid-100's. I bought in at $48, so my risk tolerance is probably different than someone who bought at $375. Do your own DD, and this isn't financial advise.

I'm in at $333 for a whole 4 shares so anything lower would be great. I know you really smart guys don't want to give financial advice, but I don't have much of a clue so I have to start somewhere so it's probably best to start with someone that's successful. Even if it doesn't work out, I really don't care. I would have learned something. I'll be the last person to complain if someone says "Get in at $165 and out at $800" and it goes to $4.

#8430 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would stay away from DOGE. Unless you could have gotten in yesterday at $0.007, it's way over valued at any price really. It was honestly created as a big joke and has no real utility.

BTC is up right now because of the Elon Musk tweets and it's jump was really unexpected when I woke up this morning. I expect it to fall back around the $29 - $32k range and continue to consolidate until it makes its next move. It's been range bound for a little while following that huge influx of capital late December / Early January.

I was actually thinking of unloading a little at this price.

#8431 3 years ago

Anyone make millions and billions yet?

#8432 3 years ago

From wsb

In the last hour of trading some of us are predicting they will launch a short ladder attack to make it look like it’s selling off to trick you into selling your shares. Their goal is to go under $115 to get out of their expiring contracts. This will be a major victory for them.

Hedge funds sell back and forth with one another at lower and lower bids in rapid succession, tricking algorithms into thinking there is a mass sell off when there actually isn’t. (They do this to scare off retail investors to engineer a sell off). Once the attack is over, the stock will normally go back up due to its demand. Then they will rinse and repeat their attack, each time hoping to chip away more and more retail investors. Most people in here know this, so if retail investors are selling, it’s unlikely that it’s anyone at all.

#8433 3 years ago

^^^
This is why you see prices go down without in increase in volume

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Anyone make millions and billions yet?

Yes, but we blew it on hookers and coke.

#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

^^^
This is why you see prices go down without in increase in volume

Where do you guys updated info on this?

#8436 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where do you guys updated info on this?

The Wallstreetbets reddit page

#8437 3 years ago

AMC holders, are you still holding, sold or will sell?

#8438 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yes, but we blew it on hookers and coke.

This little piggy got greedy and rolled most of it into the next gamble even though I’m a big boy and knew better.

Still up enough for the next cgc though.

The changing of the rules mid game was a big curveball.

#8439 3 years ago

It appears Robinhood lowered their max amount of shares for these stocks you can own. GME down to 1, AMC down to 10, and NOK down to 20.

Bought the 1 I could of GME and holding my AMC.

#8440 3 years ago

From wsb
In the last hour of trading some of us are predicting they will launch a short ladder attack to make it look like it’s selling off to trick you into selling your shares. Their goal is to go under $115 to get out of their expiring contracts. This will be a major victory for them.
Hedge funds sell back and forth with one another at lower and lower bids in rapid succession, tricking algorithms into thinking there is a mass sell off when there actually isn’t. (They do this to scare off retail investors to engineer a sell off). Once the attack is over, the stock will normally go back up due to its demand. Then they will rinse and repeat their attack, each time hoping to chip away more and more retail investors. Most people in here know this, so if retail investors are selling, it’s unlikely that it’s anyone at all.

They also do it to shake all the stop loss sells loose, and buy them up. The shorts buy this order information from Robinhood...its part of the profit model.

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm holding. I'll hold over the weekend too. if I goes below $10 I'll probably get more. Then I'll reassess on Monday.

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm holding. I'll hold over the weekend too. if I goes below $10 I'll probably get more. Then I'll reassess on Monday.

Yeah....most aren’t allowed to get much more anymore. Or write calls/puts. Or do much other than sell or hold really.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Yeah....most aren’t allowed to get much more anymore. Or write calls/puts. Or do much other than sell or hold really.

I don't have any restrictions on my accounts for any of the names in the media. I pay $8.75CAD per trade so that might have something to do with it.

#8445 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got out of my AMC options this morning. Was up $20k Wednesday but down about $30k yesterday. I got out as soon as the market opened this morning. Got out of BB also pre market. Got a little scary for me yesterday.

#8446 3 years ago

https://robinhood.com/us/en/support/articles/changes-due-to-recent-market-volatility/

Absolute horseshit. Robinhood should not exist after the dust settles.

#8447 3 years ago

From wsb

Doesn't it make sense for the reddit group to place limit orders at 120ish to prevent a dip below 115?

#8448 3 years ago

This is basically what the WeBull CEO said in the video I posted.

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Doesn't it make sense for the reddit group to place limit orders at 120ish to prevent a dip below 115?

RH won't let them. This is causing a large part of the rage. The clear rigging of the game

#8450 3 years ago

The volume on GME is a joke today. Talk about cutting the legs out from people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Boards
PinSound

There are 21,017 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/169?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.