IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 420.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the angles on AMC right now and the answer is there are none. There is not enough short interest to make it hold now, and the price got too far depressed. You still have the Silverlake backstop in the 13s, but that could have already been sold for all we know. You have to figure it will get halted a few times tomorrow based upon people rushing in which disrupts momentum upwards. You might can trade around the edges, but I don’t think you are going to get a big enough run to do damage. With them changing the game today, it broke my thesis. I still am concerned about them issuing new stocks to cover their 17% note from last weekend, and this might be as good as any time since the stock is high. That would make thr shares drop. I am going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with any answers. Anybody else got any thoughts?
I should just stick to selling software, posting gifs, and drinking bourbon.

Me too. But I am still holding!

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the angles on AMC right now and the answer is there are none. There is not enough short interest to make it hold now, and the price got too far depressed. You still have the Silverlake backstop in the 13s, but that could have already been sold for all we know. You have to figure it will get halted a few times tomorrow based upon people rushing in which disrupts momentum upwards. You might can trade around the edges, but I don’t think you are going to get a big enough run to do damage. With them changing the game today, it broke my thesis. I still am concerned about them issuing new stocks to cover their 17% note from last weekend, and this might be as good as any time since the stock is high. That would make thr shares drop. I am going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with any answers. Anybody else got any thoughts?

Thanks for the heads up

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

AMC did say today they are issuing new shares again:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amc-entertainment-to-issue-444-million-shares-as-investors-opt-to-convert-600-million-of-convertible-debt-2021-01-28
I'm planning on selling my shares tomorrow, with more and more shares available and the WSB excitement waning at some point soon, I can't see it going up more. It went up to $11.29 after hours, there is still enthusiasm there and more people can buy tomorrow, so I could see it going up, but how long can that last?

That is the Silver Lake offering I was talking about. There will probably be another offering to take care of the 900M plus that was raised this weekend.

#8254 3 years ago

RH restrictions are now lifted. How convenient

#8255 3 years ago

I bought some Doge crypto a few hours ago....Wowza!!!!!!

#8256 3 years ago

Get on XSPA big push happening again Tomorrow! COVID testing stock.
It’s a legitimate company that’s getting shorted!!!

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I bought some Doge crypto a few hours ago....Wowza!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the WSBs crypto push right now. Crypto has lots of pump and dumps in the shitcoins, they rarely last longer than a day or two, I'd take your profits early. I tried to day trade those pump and dumps a couple years ago and often got caught holding the bag. I ended up just moving all my crypto into BTC and leaving it... boy was that the right move.

#8258 3 years ago

NOK and NAKD have felt alot like those crypto pump and dumps, a couple people buy alot of something really cheap, build hype on it for a week or two, move the price up enough, then they bail taking profits and the price plummets back down. I don't follow penny stocks, but I'm sure it's the same sorta thing that happens in the lesser known crypto coins. Just be careful, it's usually over in a flash.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, that's the WSBs crypto push right now. Crypto has lots of pump and dumps in the shitcoins, they rarely last longer than a day or two, I'd take your profits early. I tried to day trade those pump and dumps a couple years ago and often got caught holding the bag. I ended up just moving all my crypto into BTC and leaving it... boy was that the right move. NOK and NAKD have felt alot like those crypto pump and dumps, a couple people buy alot of something really cheap, build hype on it for a week or two, move the price up enough, then they bail and the price plummets back down. I don't follow penny stocks, but I'm sure it's the same sorta thing that happens in the lesser known crypto coins. Just be careful, it's usually over in a flash.

Ya, I’ve bought cryptos several times. I make a quick profit and bail

#8260 3 years ago

I seriously should have bought btc yesterday while it was at 29k.

#8261 3 years ago

This is the type of activity that occurred in the late 20s....

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

RH restrictions are now lifted. How convenient

Not technically. They are still blocking it but when the market opens we “may” be able to buy limited shares. We will see wtf that means... once my fidelity and E*TRADE accounts link to my bank I’m off those a hole apps

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Fundamentally, AMC will trade below $3 at some point in the next 2 years. Still have what over $4b in debt with a pandemic for 8 more months at least? Nobody should touch this thing if they are talking about more share issuance. They have diluted shares greatly already with everybody excited about the squeeze. If Silver Lake held( they probably had shorted shares- possibly tens of millions- to lock in conversion price and are out), the squeeze could still be on- but will it be possible with restrictions on options tomorrow? I bet shorts actually increased.
Lot of pissed people might drive it up, but I think the fear is out for shorts. I’ll be watching the out of money call volumes for future expirations, but I think brokerages and MMs have throttled impact of the gamma squeeze.
GLTA!

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Is there anyway to see how shorted some of these stocks still are, in "real time"?

Quoted from DBLM:

no, they are updated twice a month from what I just read.

Quoted from Trogdor:

Fundamentally, AMC will trade below $3 at some point in the next 2 years. Still have what over $4b in debt with a pandemic for 8 more months at least? Nobody should touch this thing if they are talking about more share issuance. They have diluted shares greatly already with everybody excited about the squeeze. If Silver Lake held( they probably had shorted shares- possibly tens of millions- to lock in conversion price and are out), the squeeze could still be on- but will it be possible with restrictions on options tomorrow? I bet shorts actually increased.
Lot of pissed people might drive it up, but I think the fear is out for shorts. I’ll be watching the out of money call volumes for future expirations, but I think brokerages and MMs have throttled impact of the gamma squeeze.
GLTA!

From my research it seems that they have doubled down on the shorts hoping to cover some losses but the ones expiring tomorrow are so insanely leveraged it’s impossible to come back from it at this point. It’s been nothing but FUD from the big hedge funds just trying to do damage control. There is not enough GME shares available to cover all the shorts at the triple and quadruple leverage we’ve seen.

These guys are addicts and can’t stop, so regardless on Friday we’re gonna see an awful dump. Research the share ratios, you can indeed see some of the data hourly, this is a huge fluff piece to try and scare out the retail traders.
Hedge funds have no going back. No matter what GameStop is skyrocketing tomorrow and the brokers are pressured on both sides. This is some 2008 nonsense. How many times are we gonna run into this?

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

From my research it seems that they have doubled down on the shorts hoping to cover some losses but the ones expiring tomorrow are so insanely leveraged it’s impossible to come back from it at this point. It’s been nothing but FUD from the big hedge funds just trying to do damage control. There is not enough GME shares available to cover all the shorts at the triple and quadruple leverage we’ve seen.
These guys are addicts and can’t stop, so regardless on Friday we’re gonna see an awful dump. Research the share ratios, you can indeed see some of the data hourly, this is a huge fluff piece to try and scare out the retail traders.
Hedge funds have no going back. No matter what GameStop is skyrocketing tomorrow and the brokers are pressured on both sides. This is some 2008 nonsense. How many times are we gonna run into this?

Somehow I’ve been under a rock and am just learning of this. Thinking about buying some GME tomorrow to join the cause. I’ve read to expect a dip tomorrow but this will last for days. Thoughts?

Also just read this: https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Somehow I’ve been under a rock and am just learning of this. Thinking about buying some GME tomorrow to join the cause. I’ve read to expect a dip tomorrow but this will last for days. Thoughts?
Also just read this: https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

GME was sitting at over $310 in after hours. I'll watch from the sidelines on this one.

#8267 3 years ago

looks like 'retail' poked the bear this past week and the big boys didnt like it one bit. starting yesterday afternoon they decided to show america who's boss. might not see those levels for a while.

#8268 3 years ago

This is a very good interview with the CEO of Webull. While I don't know that I entirely agree/believe with his reasoning (I'm not that informed), he appears to be poking at the hedge funds actions rather than Reddit which leads me to believe he might not be trying to be shady.

He explains the issue of the clearing firms and that the key thing about why sells were allowed and buys were not was because the clearing firms require the broker to front the buy money, and do not require to front the sell money (unless of course the buyer/seller are on the same platform/clearing house being used.

#8269 3 years ago
the-schadenfreude-is-strong-with-this-one (resized).jpgthe-schadenfreude-is-strong-with-this-one (resized).jpg
#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is a very good interview with the CEO of Webull. While I don't know that I entirely agree/believe with his reasoning (I'm not that informed), he appears to be poking at the hedge funds actions rather than Reddit which leads me to believe he might not be trying to be shady.
He explains the issue of the clearing firms and that the key thing about why sells were allowed and buys were not was because the clearing firms require the broker to front the buy money, and do not require to front the sell money (unless of course the buyer/seller are on the same platform/clearing house being used.

CEO is MISTER DENIER??? Lmfao!!!

#8271 3 years ago

Woke up at 5 to let the dog out and amc was almost 15! Now it's already dropped to low 13. Going to be bumpy

#8272 3 years ago

This is such a load of shit...RH will only allow you to by GME up to 5 shares. If you have 0 shares, you can buy 5. Own more than 5? No buying. Unbelievable.

#8273 3 years ago

imho, the market has always been a rigged game - think back to the massive QE bailouts, now its out in the open for us all to see,
Dave Portnoys take on this latest action

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1354848771184750598?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

irritating to say the least

#8274 3 years ago

GME back to 380 premarket. WSB isn't going down without a fight.

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

GME back to 380 premarket. WSB isn't going down without a fight.

There is going to be a lot of pressure before open to get the price down and keep it down to keep calls from being exercised ITM.

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am buying a couple GME in the a.m. just on principle now.

Proud owner of 2 shares of Gamestop at $375.

#8277 3 years ago

Sold most of my AMC pre for a healthy return. Kept a few hundred shares for the ride. Bought more AAPL while its on sale. Will buy more on dips today, same with PINS. Good luck to everyone today, should be fun to watch.

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Sold most of my AMC pre for a healthy return. Kept a few hundred shares for the ride. Bought more AAPL while its on sale. Will buy more on dips today, same with PINS. Good luck to everyone today, should be fun to watch.

DITTO!

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Let’s just hope that brokers don’t just suspend trading selectively (to stocks, types of transactions, and certain customers).

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I tried selling my amc on RH and it tells me the order will process when market opens. Your order went through already?

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I tried selling my amc on RH and it tells me the order will process when market opens. Your order went through already?

Does RH normally allow pre market selling? Not all brokers allow trading outside of market hours.

#8282 3 years ago

Just saw this post... you’ve got to be joking me. The short interest is still over 100%?!? These Hedge Funds are really screwed if GME calls finish ITM today.

FE445355-2B56-4220-89C3-719274F88C08.jpegFE445355-2B56-4220-89C3-719274F88C08.jpeg
#8283 3 years ago

Justin Sun, Asian billionaire, just bought $1 million in GME and is pledging the Asian stock group is joining the fight.

#8284 3 years ago

Just saw this post... you’ve got to be joking me. The short interest is still over 100%?!? These Hedge Funds are really screwed if GME calls finish ITM today.
[quoted image]

Would that be at market open?

#8285 3 years ago

Be careful folks on AMC. I was telling you that they are looking at another stock offering and it looks like it is in the works. This is on top of the deal that they did this weekend, and the Silver Lake conversion that happened on Wednesday (the 44M shares).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/amc-entertainment-explores-raising-new-capital-as-its-stock-surges-sources-say.html

#8286 3 years ago

[quoted image]

What's the short float on AMC?

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Be careful folks on AMC. I was telling you that they are looking at another stock offering and it looks like it is in the works. This is on top of the deal that they did this weekend, and the Silver Lake conversion that happened on Wednesday (the 44M shares).
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/amc-entertainment-explores-raising-new-capital-as-its-stock-surges-sources-say.html

While this would naturally have somewhat downward pressure on the AMC stock price, wouldn't it be beneficial for those who are long, meaning the extra capital should put it in a stronger position to recover successfully in the future after COVID?

#8288 3 years ago

This the correct XSPA?

Screenshot_20210129-080804_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210129-080804_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpg
#8289 3 years ago

Musk tweeting about B******

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

This the correct XSPA?
[quoted image]

I wouldn't go near XSPA. I day traded it for about a week back 3 or 4 years ago. Last I knew their business model was spas in airports. Accounting for reverse splits, it looks like they are down about 98% since then.

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

While this would naturally have somewhat downward pressure on the AMC stock price, wouldn't it be beneficial for those who are long, meaning the extra capital should put it in a stronger position to recover successfully in the future after COVID?

It depends on what the offering looks like. This was not a healthy company prior to Covid and was around 7 bucks/ share. It all depends on how much they raise/dilute. I am not a fan of AMC long currently, but that is just me.

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It depends on what the offering looks like. This was not a healthy company prior to Covid and was around 7 bucks/ share. It all depends on how much they raise/dilute. I am not a fan of AMC long currently, but that is just me.

Thanks for the heads up! Unless I see an astronomical rise by market open, I’m jumping ship.

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah, I trade through Fidelity. My IRA account.

#8294 3 years ago

Here’s an AWESOME thread synopsis on the GameStop story.
This is the next “Big Short” this guy dives into the quarterly reports of GameStop and talks about what actually happened and where we are now.

He also discusses the Gamma Squeeze that we just saw that is NOT ACTUALLY the short squeeze. GME is still shorted to hell and the real story hasn’t even developed at all. This stuff is a powder keg.

The point we are at right now is basically the brokers cannot even supply enough shares to cover the calls so the shorters are in even worse shape, and Melvin did go bankrupt lol.

(This is an app that wraps a bunch of tweets into one easy-to-read article.)
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1354547622133051393.html

#8295 3 years ago

I exited a bunch of positions yesterday to get in on the dip on GME. Fortunately I’m in Canada and Questrade had no restrictions on buying, although their platform was straining under the load.

I’m still only in a tiny amount, nothing life changing. I’m just pissed at the hedge funds and want them to bleed.

Here’s to $1,000 today!

#8296 3 years ago

So if you own shares in GME you can’t buy anymore but if you don’t own any they’ll let you buy up to 5 shares? Is that correct?

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I exited a bunch of positions yesterday to get in on the dip on GME. Fortunately I’m in Canada and Questrade had no restrictions on buying, although their platform was straining under the load.
I’m still only in a tiny amount, nothing life changing. I’m just pissed at the hedge funds and want them to bleed.
Here’s to $1,000 today!

Anyone have trouble getting into their trading accounts the last couple days in Canada? Both RBC Direct Investing and Scotia iTrade was down for hours the last couple mornings.

#8298 3 years ago

Elon Musk changed his twitter bio to #Bitcoin and now it’s skyrocketing again.
This is why my “HODL memes” are always accurate and you should all be holding bitcoin

It’s the longest game but it always comes around.

#8299 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Correct. Before yesterday it was 140% so even after all the BS they pulled yesterday they only got it down 20%

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Correct. Before yesterday it was 140% so even after all the BS they pulled yesterday they only got it down 20%

Ok so at what time do all this calls expire? Is there a specific time of the day we should watch out for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.