Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 421.
#8151 3 years ago

Got to give DFV credit.....dude held his position today and lost 18 million. WSB is going all in on hold.

#8152 3 years ago

They should just shut down the market for a week. You know, it's the only way to be sure those evil redditors don't try anything sneaky.

#8153 3 years ago

Is there anyway to see how shorted some of these stocks still are, in "real time"?

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Got to give DFV credit.....dude held his position today and lost 18 million. WSB is going all in on hold.

The ask price is $5k, so there's a lot of dedicated people still sitting on it.

#8155 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Is there anyway to see how shorted some of these stocks still are, in "real time"?

no, they are updated twice a month from what I just read.

#8156 3 years ago

I don't understand how everyone is getting their money out of RH and into another trading platform so quickly. You have to open new accounts, there are forms to fill in, approval processes, then you have to transfer the funds which takes times and often there are fees incurred when you do this. It's not something that can be normally done in a day.

#8157 3 years ago

I am buying a couple GME in the a.m. just on principle now.

#8158 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Folk hero status.

I think he cashed out 10m at one point (don't blame him), so that probably helps his fortitude a little.

#8159 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't understand how everyone is getting their money out of RH and into another trading platform so quickly. You have to open new accounts, there are forms to fill in, approval processes, then you have to transfer the funds which takes times and often there are fees incurred when you do this. It's not something that can be normally done in a day.

Either they had accounts already or lied. Funds maybe would transfer for stock trading, but no margin or options. More evidence the big players were in this, not individual investors on social media.

#8160 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

Yes. This. There needs to be more investigation into how this selective ambiguity of rules disenfranchises potential buyers and sellers.

#8161 3 years ago

The jig is up guys. They aren't going to let these run (GME, AMC). After hours isn't regulated like the open market is. You're playing with fire if you think this is going to the moon.

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

What does “limited buying” mean exactly?

I suspect it means buying on margin vs your own funds. But I have no idea.

#8163 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The jig is up guys. They aren't going to let these run (GME, AMC). After hours isn't regulated like the open market is. You're playing with fire if you think this is going to the moon.

I'm surprised it's up at all now. Most retail traders don't have after hours trade capabilities, which means it's all hedgers making the moves now no? Yet AMC and NOK are both up a bit after hours. It's odd don't you think?

#8164 3 years ago

Pretty full moon rising here in Annapolis tonight. You know what happens on full moons, right? I will be staying away from all the crazies tonight and staying of WSb and Stocktweets. Will still probably hang out with you knuckleheads though.

1D73B13D-14EF-4475-A297-BF8977F16707 (resized).jpeg1D73B13D-14EF-4475-A297-BF8977F16707 (resized).jpeg
#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm surprised it's up at all now. Most retail traders don't have after hours trade capabilities, which means it's all hedgers making the moves now no? Yet AMC and NOK are both up a bit after hours. It's odd don't you think?

Not at all. Stocks can move a lot after hours on very little volume. Most online brokerages allow after hours trading. A lot of people think lightning is going to strike twice. It likely wont. This is where money is lost.

#8166 3 years ago

I need to own a hedge fund

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So, speculate where do the reddit stocks (for lack of better term) go from here? The WSB crowd in part moved to Fidelity and Schwab today and RH just announced it will be opening up trading tomorrow on a limited basis. After hours most of the stocks are already trending up. So do these stocks prevail and everyone doubles down, crushing the obvious attempts by the establishment to prevent a run, or is the party really over? So much attention now by Politicians, some of these manipulators have to be getting nervous. Nothing like persecution of a Bernie Maloof to put in your cap in congress.
I made a good bit on AMC. Could have made a lot more if not for today's events. I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

It was a fun ride, looking forward to the movie.

#8168 3 years ago

Not at all. Stocks can move a lot after hours on very little volume. Most online brokerages allow after hours trading. A lot of people think lightning is going to strike twice. It likely wont. This is where money is lost.

My TD Ameritrade account allows after hour trades...its when I made most of my money and moves on AMC.

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think there will be a lot of this. Robinhood and other brokers have awoken the sleeping giant!

People are angry and rightly so. It is not the job of the Broker to tell what to trade and/or not allow you to trade stocks you are holding. Heads will roll on this one.

#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

My TD Ameritrade account allows after hour trades...its when I made most of my money and moves on AMC.

As does my E*TRADE account. I sold my AMC for $22.26 premarket on 1/27/21.

#8171 3 years ago

As does my E*TRADE account. I sold my AMC for $22.26 premarket on 1/27/21.

As does my Fidelity account. You have to go through some extra steps to turn it on. I think it's available through most of the big brokerages. Good on you for that AMC sale!

#8172 3 years ago

Robinhood CEO is gonna be live on CNBC in a few minutes.

#8173 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Think ill do the same...

#8174 3 years ago

Ya, mine doesn't do AH. The trade is executed the next day. I just confirmed this. Maybe it's a Canadian thing?

#8175 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Think ill do the same...

Same here

#8176 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And I wasn’t able to exercise my call options early. Brokerages can’t choose to close only short call positions, but then not execute requests to close long call options early. As a long option buyer, I bought the right to exercise at a strike price any time up to the expiration date. How is this legal?

Can't you just sell them instead of exercising them?

#8177 3 years ago

AMC on the rise again. About to hit 13. GME on its way to 300...a big FU to Wallstreet

#8178 3 years ago

Shows you that you should not be day trading your accounts

#8179 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

AMC on the rise again. About to hit 13. GME on its way to 300...a big FU to Wallstreet

AMC is offering more shares, I don't think this stock will hurt the shorts.

#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So, speculate where do the reddit stocks (for lack of better term) go from here? The WSB crowd in part moved to Fidelity and Schwab today and RH just announced it will be opening up trading tomorrow on a limited basis. After hours most of the stocks are already trending up. So do these stocks prevail and everyone doubles down, crushing the obvious attempts by the establishment to prevent a run, or is the party really over? So much attention now by Politicians, some of these manipulators have to be getting nervous. Nothing like persecution of a Bernie Maloof to put in your cap in congress.
I made a good bit on AMC. Could have made a lot more if not for today's events. I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

I'd wager reddit pushes harder tomorrow. The stunt RH pulled today has motivated them anymore. It clearly showed the game is rigged and the internet won't go quietly without a fight. At least I hope so. I'm getting my butt handed to me on nakd

#8181 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

AMC is offering more shares, I don't this stock will hurt the shorts.

I am really confused why AMC is issuing new shares when their shares are worth bunk as it is...

#8182 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can't you just sell them instead of exercising them?

Oh yes definitely I could, but I don't want to. I legitimately want the stocks, as per the fundamental right of the option.

#8183 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I am really confused why AMC is issuing new shares when their shares are worth bunk as it is...

44,000,000x$13 in their pocket.

#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

GME Shorts were at 150% That's why WSB went after the shorts on this stock. It should be illegal.

AMC was just another stock that got pumped.

#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

44,000,000x$13 in their pocket.

but who's buying $13 shares when the stock was way less and everyone knows this week was just a pump and dump?

#8186 3 years ago

So can people now buy AMC again b/c if so, I might get back in

#8187 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but who's buying $13 shares when the stock was way less and everyone knows this week was just a pump and dump?

Gambler's

#8188 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it looks like it will be allowed tomorrow.... until it goes up and they likely kill it again.

#8189 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I could never NOT buy AMC today via Ameritrade. I bought/sold 4 times.

#8190 3 years ago

Well I bought my solidarity shares of GME. Figure it a commission on my AMC profits.

#8191 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes, I opened a cash app account and bought at $9

#8192 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I could never NOT buy AMC today via Ameritrade. I bought/sold 4 times.

Yeah but guys like you aren’t fueling this (no offense)....cutting off the real simple investor is critical.

#8193 3 years ago

This is a screenshot of what TD Ameritrade offers for buying & selling at specific times of the day.

0128211549 (resized).jpg0128211549 (resized).jpg
#8194 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Robinhood CEO is gonna be live on CNBC in a few minutes.

This guy is doing himself no favors.

#8195 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People than loaned them 600 million took shares in exchange of having the loan repaid. They either sold them already or believe it's worth more than $13.50.

#8196 3 years ago

Damn thinking about going back to the island.....

#8197 3 years ago

I do not understand how RH justifies their blocking of buying "certain" stocks they randomly select. I mean American Airlines was blocked today by RH.. It is only harmful to the traders. Blocking investors from selling only hurts a stock. That is how a stock rises is by demand and investors buying. So if you cannot buy the stock is going to tank! So an investor has to wait until the stock tanks and take a loss on their investments! Criminal! Vlad needs to go to jail for todays actions.

#8198 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I do not understand how RH justifies their blocking of buying "certain" stocks they randomly select. I mean American Airlines was blocked today by RH.. It is only harmful to the traders. Blocking investors from selling only hurts a stock. That is how a stock rises is by demand and investors buying. So if you cannot buy the stock is going to tank! So an investor has to wait until the stock tanks and take a loss on their investments! Criminal! Vlad needs to go to jail for todays actions.

If they are allowed to get away with this, it sets the precedent that they could do this to ANY stock at ANY time. It's very dangerous, and anyone who participates in such nonsense deserves to go out of business.

#8199 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This guy is doing himself no favors.

That was the most worthless uninformative interview ever. Still have no clue why they stopped staring on a few select stocks!

#8200 3 years ago

He didn't say sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/164?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.