Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 421.
#8101 3 years ago

Speculation SPAC CCIV is acquiring LUCID motors. Very risky. I'm in!

#8102 3 years ago

Thanks for the banter today guys. I don't normally visit this thread but it was nice to hangout with like-minded individuals. Oh, and that play pinball.

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Speculation SPAC CCIV is acquiring LUCID motors. Very risky. I'm in!

haha! Yeah, everybody forget about the short squeezes and let’s be normal again and go back to the EV companies that might make a 100 cars in the next 3 years.

#8104 3 years ago

On CNBC just now...RH released a statement they will be automatically closing margin and option positions they deem risky....wtf?

#8105 3 years ago

A lot of action in one of my holdings today CANG - a major player in the Chinese auto finance industry
up 58%

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

On CNBC just now...RH released a statement they will be automatically closing margin and option positions they deem risky....wtf?

Been quiet in this thread, but uhmm..... wow. Is this real???

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Risky for who?

#8108 3 years ago

And the talking heads defending RH saying they had a fiduciary responsibility to THEIR shareholders to stop the bleeding...someone please explain how RH was losing any money on such increased volume...not considering the Citadel link.

#8109 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

And the talking heads defending RH saying they had a fiduciary responsibility to THEIR shareholders to stop the bleeding...someone please explain how RH was losing any money on such increased volume...not considering the Citadel link.

None of their users were losing money until they locked them out.

Their 'shareholders' are indeed not their users at this point.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Been quiet in this thread, but uhmm..... wow. Is this real???

Apparently....there have been posts of screenshots people receiving, and I was skeptical, but CNBC just reported this as a recent statement from RH.

#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

AOC is gonna livestream at 5:30 concerning this mess.

F her. I don't give a shit if she is against what RH did.

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting. Have a link to the full clip?

Here is a link to the interview. Do not see a video.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/elizabeth-warren-gamestop-robinhood-market-manipulation.html

#8113 3 years ago

CNBC breaking news.....Citadel releasing a statement..."we didn't do it"

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yep. Burn their asses!

Make them pay back the individual investors all losses due to trades being locked out. I take screenshots and photos of every blocked transaction. Fine them all remaining funds and strip those in charge of all their wealth. And then send them to prison for 30 years. Federal PMITA Prison....

#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

CNBC breaking news.....Citadel releasing a statement..."we didn't do it"

And why would they lie?

#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Make them pay back the individual investors all losses due to trades being locked out. I take screenshots and photos of every blocked transaction. Fine them all remaining funds and strip those in charge of all their wealth. And then send them to prison for 30 years. Federal PMITA Prison....

I'm officially naming you as my AG.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

And why would they lie?

UM, they are not going to admit any wrongdoing!

#8118 3 years ago

Was not impressed with the block.

#8119 3 years ago

The Citadel press release about not being responsible is a fucking joke. Here is how they did it (probably).

Citadel: The popcorn machine breaks at 9:32 in the morning

Robbing Hood: Say no more, fam!

#8120 3 years ago

So, who speaks for everyone else? We've heard from RH, Citadel, Hedge Fund managers, etc - you know..all the people involved in the screwing, but the only person I've seen anything from on the other side is the WSB guy.

#8121 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, who speaks for everyone else? We've heard from RH, Citadel, Hedge Fund managers, etc - you know..all the people involved in the screwing, but the only person I've seen anything from on the other side is the WSB guy.

Reddit co-founder has an interview up as well I believe.

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

UM, they are not going to admit any wrongdoing!

We investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing.

#8123 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This isn't the SEC. This is Citadel protecting Citadel, who Robinhood and others are tied to.

This is PROOF POSITIVE for me that Citadel is not behind this....

5874336567op-786w3res (resized).jpg5874336567op-786w3res (resized).jpg
#8124 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This is PROOF POSITIVE for me that Citadel is not behind this.

I saw it on the Internet.

So.

Case Closed.

#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

After hours is going to look like a murder scene for AMC.

It's up 25% and climbing after hours right now.

#8126 3 years ago

Robin Hood just announced letting some limited buying on GME, AMC, etc tomorrow. WTF?

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's up 25% after hours.

As is BB. VERY interesting.

#8128 3 years ago

Regardless of ToS's etc, surely there has to be legal precedent for a lawsuit over this. A brokerage refusing the buying of a stock after people have already bought, but allowing hedge funds to continue to borrow shares and short/sell them? This cannot be legal.

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This is PROOF POSITIVE for me that Citadel is not behind this....
[quoted image]

Someone is responsible. I would like to see the headline that reads " xxxx is claiming responsibility for broker's decision to stop trading"

CNBC could put up who is not responsible endlessly. Where is the hard hitting reporting?

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Robin Hood just announced letting some limited buying on GME, AMC, etc tomorrow. WTF?

I hope robinhood is put out of business over this and all the traders/investors are made whole!

#8131 3 years ago

"Hi Dan, It’s been a tough day, and we’re grateful to you for being a Robinhood customer. In light of the extraordinary market conditions this week, we temporarily limited buying for certain securities this morning. Starting tomorrow, we plan to allow limited buys of these securities. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and may make adjustments as needed.

This was a temporary decision made to best continue serving you, and was not an easy one to make. We know it’s led to frustration and confusion, and wanted to provide some clarity.

As a brokerage firm, we have many financial requirements, including SEC net capital obligations and clearinghouse deposits. Some of these requirements fluctuate based on volatility in the markets and can be substantial in the current environment. These requirements exist to protect investors and the markets and we take our responsibilities to comply with them seriously, including through the measures we have taken today.

To be clear, this decision was not made on the direction of any market maker we route to or other market participants.

The past year in particular has shown us that the financial markets are for everyone—not just institutional investors and hedge funds. We’ve seen a new generation enter the market, and they’re sparking conversations about what it means to be an investor. We stand in support of you, our customers. Democratizing finance for all means giving more people access, not less.
We’ll keep monitoring market conditions and will update this Help Center article with the latest changes. We also published a blog post regarding today’s events.

Thank you again for being a Robinhood customer. We’re so grateful for your support. Sincerely, The Robinhood Team"

#8132 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Limited to all friends and family.

Reminds me of the old J. C. Whitney auto part catalog listings: "Fits most cars (not yours).

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

"Hi Dan, It’s been a tough day, and we’re grateful to you for being a Robinhood customer. In light of the extraordinary market conditions this week, we temporarily limited buying for certain securities this morning. Starting tomorrow, we plan to allow limited buys of these securities. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and may make adjustments as needed.
This was a temporary decision made to best continue serving you, and was not an easy one to make. We know it’s led to frustration and confusion, and wanted to provide some clarity.
As a brokerage firm, we have many financial requirements, including SEC net capital obligations and clearinghouse deposits. Some of these requirements fluctuate based on volatility in the markets and can be substantial in the current environment. These requirements exist to protect investors and the markets and we take our responsibilities to comply with them seriously, including through the measures we have taken today.
To be clear, this decision was not made on the direction of any market maker we route to or other market participants.
The past year in particular has shown us that the financial markets are for everyone—not just institutional investors and hedge funds. We’ve seen a new generation enter the market, and they’re sparking conversations about what it means to be an investor. We stand in support of you, our customers. Democratizing finance for all means giving more people access, not less.
We’ll keep monitoring market conditions and will update this Help Center article with the latest changes. We also published a blog post regarding today’s events.
Thank you again for being a Robinhood customer. We’re so grateful for your support. Sincerely, The Robinhood Team"

Well it was nice of them to send this out as an apology to their customers. Oh, wait... They actually never say that they apologize.

#8134 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's up 25% and climbing after hours right now.

Yahoo isn't showing AH for me.

#8135 3 years ago

Something weird is going on with AMC after hours, the price is fluctuating back and forth between $10.67 and $8.63.

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Regardless of ToS's etc, surely there has to be legal precedent for a lawsuit over this. A brokerage refusing the buying of a stock after people have already bought, but allowing hedge funds to continue to borrow shares and short/sell them? This cannot be legal.

And I wasn’t able to exercise my call options early. Brokerages can’t choose to close only short call positions, but then not execute requests to close long call options early. As a long option buyer, I bought the right to exercise at a strike price any time up to the expiration date. How is this legal?

#8137 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Something weird is going on with AMC after hours, the price is fluctuating back and forth between $10.67 and $8.63.

Buy at 8.63, sell at 10.67

I just logged into TD...looks like normal fluctuations to me...around 10.97 right now.

#8138 3 years ago

Man, I would love to go to bed tonight and wake up retired.

#8139 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Man, I would love to go to bed tonight and wake up retired.

I'd like to go to bed tonight and wake up even.

#8140 3 years ago

Sounds like Robinhood could no longer cover the volume, they stopped trading, as they went to find more credit.

They should have told the truth, now everyone want's thier scalp.

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'd like to go to bed tonight and wake up even.

I normally look at my entire portfolio, not just one individual stock. Today was a good day in the market overall, every thing moved upwards. It was hard not to be focused on AMC and NOK though. If AMC and NOK had taken off today I'd already be breaking travel restrictions and posting this from a tropical island somewhere.

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I normally look at my entire portfolio, not just one individual stock. Today was a good day in the market overall, every thing moved upwards. It was hard not to be focused on AMC and NOK though. If AMC and NOK had taken off today I'd already be breaking travel restrictions and posting this from a tropical island somewhere.

True, I had sold most of my personal holdings in late Feb right before the big crash. Unfortunately though, I did not buy back in until late August so I missed much of the up trend, but the last 3 months has been very good to me.

#8144 3 years ago

So, speculate where do the reddit stocks (for lack of better term) go from here? The WSB crowd in part moved to Fidelity and Schwab today and RH just announced it will be opening up trading tomorrow on a limited basis. After hours most of the stocks are already trending up. So do these stocks prevail and everyone doubles down, crushing the obvious attempts by the establishment to prevent a run, or is the party really over? So much attention now by Politicians, some of these manipulators have to be getting nervous. Nothing like persecution of a Bernie Maloof to put in your cap in congress.

I made a good bit on AMC. Could have made a lot more if not for today's events. I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

#8145 3 years ago
The markets are closed so we removed the restrictions we had put on you. But please don't worry, we will re-instate the restrictions at opening bell tomorrow.

#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So, speculate where do the reddit stocks (for lack of better term) go from here? The WSB crowd in part moved to Fidelity and Schwab today and RH just announced it will be opening up trading tomorrow on a limited basis. After hours most of the stocks are already trending up. So do these stocks prevail and everyone doubles down, crushing the obvious attempts by the establishment to prevent a run, or is the party really over? So much attention now by Politicians, some of these manipulators have to be getting nervous. Nothing like persecution of a Bernie Maloof to put in your cap in congress.
I made a good bit on AMC. Could have made a lot more if not for today's events. I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

They did it in plain sighe, and are lying about it. They have no fear because they have so much money. I doubt anything happens to them. RH may take a hit over it, but they aren't the 'cause'.

#8147 3 years ago

Interestingly enough, todays actions by brokers may just boost the buying and selling and volatility. Exactly what they are SAYING they are trying to stop. Their actions are not for the interest of their customers it is solely for the interest of RH.

#8148 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

What does “limited buying” mean exactly?

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Same boat, same thought. The thesis on AMC is still the same but the price vs the call expiration has changed. Who is to say what halts and fits/starts this has. We could also have the SEC say that they are going to halt trades to cool things down. Since I am out, I am pretty sure I am staying out. Always subject to change.

#8150 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

What does “limited buying” mean exactly?

Interesting question...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.