IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 420.
#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

you’re telling me that these guys who are getting reamed, losing billions and crying to the government are genuinely doubling down on their short positions??

Yes! They are selling to one another causing the price to drop in conjunction with the limiting buying power of main street. They need gme to drop hard. Gme is the only viable meme stock. Amc, NOK, BB might be dead in the water. I own a small position in NOK. Hopefully we see her hit $8 again.

#8002 3 years ago

Lots of brokers or apps are blocking the purchase or delaying your account link to your bank.

#8003 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Yes! They are selling to one another causing the price to drop in conjunction with the limiting buying power of main street. They need gme to drop hard. Gme is the only viable meme stock. Amc, NOK, BB might be dead in the water. I own a small position in NOK. Hopefully we see her hit $8 again.

At least Nokia and BB have a long term possibility of being something with their new moves they were going into. The short squeeze is that gme. Well sounds like the entire planet is buying gme, good luck stopping the internet...

#8004 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Reddit moving on to silver! Up 2.8%. Where are those silver coins- time to cash in.

I have alot of silver. Sold half my position when it peaked around $25 last year. Ill have to check into this.

#8005 3 years ago

Sorry guys but I have to vent. I'm a new investor, started 2 months ago. Bought some long term stocks (NIO, TESLA and APPLE) which have been doing relatively well for me. I have some speculation stocks as well which had me really exited up until this morning when everything went to shit. I'm so fucking pissed at how Robinhood fucked a lot of people today by not allowing us to buy more stocks and restricting our free will. Those fuckers even erased the stocks from the platform altogether! What happened today is as corrupt as it gets. Total fucking manipulation of the system to help the big corporations and fuck the little guy. How is this even possible is beyond me. A lot of my friends lost a lot of money today, their entire savings to be exact. Fuck Robinhood, I'm GTFO! Sorry guys

#8006 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Apparently those in charge don't give any F's becuase hypocrisy has been on bold display the last few weeks

Not trying to open up a political discussion here, but want to show that the hand of government is likely going to come down hard here on somebody. When Cruz, AOC, Tilab, Trump (jr.) and Shapiro are agreeing with and retweeting each other, you know the hand of God is about to be unleashed.

3gnche85w3e61 (resized).png3gnche85w3e61 (resized).png

#8007 3 years ago

Great video by Barstool Sports creator, Dave Portnoy (caution - language).

Amen brother.

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1354848771184750598

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not trying to open up a political discussion here, but want to show that the hand of government is likely going to come down hard here on somebody. When Cruz, AOC, Tilab and Shapiro are agreeing with and retweeting each other, you know the hand of God is about to be unleashed.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I mentioned this...but didn't want to..um...get too much into that discussion lol. It's crazy.

#8009 3 years ago

Hah, I didn't realize that the ask on GME is $5k, that is awesome.

#8010 3 years ago

ETSY down $11 yesterday, but back at it today. Great rollercoaster that everyone should try riding at least once. It's no Space Mountain, but fun!
etsy (resized).pngetsy (resized).png

#8011 3 years ago

Not trying to open up a political discussion here, but want to show that the hand of government is likely going to come down hard here on somebody. When Cruz, AOC, Tilab, Trump (jr.) and Shapiro are agreeing with and retweeting each other, you know the hand of God is about to be unleashed.
[quoted image]

I wanted to post that but didn’t wanna catch a ban!
This is full bipartisan support here. Some crooked ass shit is happening.

Outright barring people from trading is such a scam. Robinhood must really be confident that the legal fees will be worth it against their (Melvin’s) billions and billions in shorts.

#8012 3 years ago

[quoted image]

This is the political stuff I want to see, bipartisan agreement

#8013 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

ETSY down $11 yesterday, but back at it today. Great rollercoaster that everyone should try riding at least once. It's no Space Mountain, but fun!
[quoted image]

etsy...dang. what was etsy like before xmas?

#8014 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

A lot of my friends lost a lot of money today, their entire savings to be exact. Fuck Robinhood, I'm GTFO! Sorry guys

That sucks ... but investing your life savings on any 1 security is nuts, especially something like GME & AMC
It was obvious this was not going to end well for many

#8015 3 years ago

Well the theory stands that if you bought gme you need to hold out !!

#8016 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

[quoted image]

Great stock .. been invested since Oct. 2019 @ 44.50

#8017 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That sucks ... but investing your life savings on any 1 security is nuts, especially something like GME & AMC
It was obvious this was not going to end well for many

I understand not doing well because the market moved or whatever but NOT because the trade platforms restricted shit to help big corporations

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

etsy...dang. what was etsy like before xmas?

Opened at $191.21 on Dec 24th, 2020.

Opened at $45.13 on Dec 24th, 2019.

#8019 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I understand not doing well because the market moved or whatever but NOT because the trade platforms restricted shit to help big corporations

I agree ... still at the end of this game a lot of people were going to loose money

#8020 3 years ago

The fuckers just put the stocks back if your search for them

#8021 3 years ago

This makes you really realize where the balance of power lies in this country. At the risk of sharing too much, I am not the 1%, but probably in the 1.75%. I have an invested amount in the market that is nothing to sneeze at for a regular guy. These hedge funds steamroll people that have millions to many millions of dollars in the market because they have billions and can change the rules on a whim. I have always known the game is rigged against even people with my level of resources but I knew this was the best game going. Go along to get along, right? Even though I walked away up, it cost me 6 figures of profit. Glad I did not already order my lambo, right? I am ok because I knew the risks and did not expose myself to unwarranted risks. I do not feel bad for me because a gain is a gain. Who I feel bad for are the people that gambled their paychecks and savings in a game that got rigged even more after they started. For me, it is a missed opportunity. For them, it can have devastating consequences. Fuck these tech billionaires and hedge fund managers who treat people under them as not even pawns. I hope there is a reckoning and they get bent.

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This makes you really realize what the balance of power lies in this country. At the risk of sharing too much, I am not the 1%, but probably in the 1.75%. I have an invested amount in the market that is nothing to sneeze at for a regular guy. These hedge funds steamroll people that have millions to many millions of dollars in the market because they have billions and can change the rules on a whim. I have always known the game is rigged against even people with my level of resources but I knew this was the best game going. Go along to get along, right? Even though I walked away up, it cost me 6 figures of profit. Glad I did not already order my lambo, right? I am ok because I knew the risks and did not expose myself to unwarranted risks. I do not feel bad for me because a gain is a gain. Who I feel bad for are the people that gambled their paychecks and savings in a game that got rigged even more after they started. For me, it is a missed opportunity. For them, it can have devastating consequences. Fuck these tech billionaires and hedge fund managers who treat people under them as not even pawns. I hope there is a reckoning and they get bent.

Well said! Do you think Robinhood and the other platforms could get sued for this?

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well said! Do you think Robinhood and the other platforms could get sued for this?

Yep. Burn their asses!

#8024 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry guys but I have to vent. I'm a new investor, started 2 months ago. Bought some long term stocks (NIO, TESLA and APPLE) which have been doing relatively well for me. I have some speculation stocks as well which had me really exited up until this morning when everything went to shit. I'm so fucking pissed at how Robinhood fucked a lot of people today by not allowing us to buy more stocks and restricting our free will. Those fuckers even erased the stocks from the platform altogether! What happened today is as corrupt as it gets. Total fucking manipulation of the system to help the big corporations and fuck the little guy. How is this even possible is beyond me. A lot of my friends lost a lot of money today, their entire savings to be exact. Fuck Robinhood, I'm GTFO! Sorry guys

Robinhood will be sued over this. You cannot just block stocks from being bought at the wave of a wand. I will be all over the law suit!

#8025 3 years ago

We are going to find out Robinhood was just a front to feed Retail order flows to Citadel so they could manipulate for their own gain.

#8026 3 years ago

Compared to yesterday, today has been a complete snoozefest.

NOK open $5.18 currently at $4.80
AMC open $11.98 currently at $9.00

#8027 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I was coming here to post this is well. Has AOC and cruz ever agreed on anything?
Someone wake up old man Bernie and tell him to get in on this too

#8028 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Compared to yesterday, today has been a complete snoozefest.
NOK open $5.18 currently at $4.80
AMC open $11.98 currently at $9.00

I think you will find that the majority of those driving the prices up are (were) on RH. Can't drive the price up if you can't buy it.

#8029 3 years ago

A stock tip. Take a look at EXEL. FDA approval on a combo cancer drug regimen with Bristol Myers Squibb, BMS. The stock price has not even moved yet because of that. Do your DD but there's a lot of potential to be long there. Cannot give any options advice though. Earnings call on Feb 10th. Projected revenue of 50% increase over last year with that approval that happened a week ago, 1 month early from PDUFA date. They have 1.5 billion in cash.

#8030 3 years ago

Is RH restoration hardware? Because I have one of their couches and it sucks.

#8031 3 years ago

This can't possibly be true, can it? Unless it was a margin call maybe?

https://twitter.com/ArkhonDH/status/1354834763245359111

Es1W0VlWMAIM2sj (resized).jpegEs1W0VlWMAIM2sj (resized).jpeg

#8032 3 years ago

I think the wild upswings are over (GME, AMC, NOK). I wouldn't play them now. As is, I only played a little.

01/25/21 10:28AM EST
Buy 100 AMC Executed @ $4.569

01/27/21 09:15AM EST
Sell 100 AMC Executed @ $22.26

Not bad for a couple days and $457 bucks. AMC just bought me a Stern topper.

#8033 3 years ago

TDA Chief Market Strategist is on CNBC spinning bullshit.

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We are going to find out Robinhood was just a front to feed Retail order flows to Citadel so they could manipulate for their own gain.

Isn't that how they make their profits? By getting a kickback of a cent here and there from each trade?

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the wild upswings are over (GME, AMC, NOK). I wouldn't play them now. As is, I only played a little.
01/25/21 10:28AM EST
Buy 100 AMC Executed @ $4.569
01/27/21 09:15AM EST
Sell 100 AMC Executed @ $22.26
Not bad for a couple days and $457 bucks. AMC just bought me a Stern topper.

GME to the moon tomorrow!

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Isn't that how they make their profits? By getting a kickback of a cent here and there from each trade?

Was even better in the past for market makers when stock prices were only done in 1/8 of a dollar increments. And back then you had to PAY to get a stock quote.

#8037 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This makes you really realize where the balance of power lies in this country. At the risk of sharing too much, I am not the 1%, but probably in the 1.75%. I have an invested amount in the market that is nothing to sneeze at for a regular guy. These hedge funds steamroll people that have millions to many millions of dollars in the market because they have billions and can change the rules on a whim. I have always known the game is rigged against even people with my level of resources but I knew this was the best game going. Go along to get along, right? Even though I walked away up, it cost me 6 figures of profit. Glad I did not already order my lambo, right? I am ok because I knew the risks and did not expose myself to unwarranted risks. I do not feel bad for me because a gain is a gain. Who I feel bad for are the people that gambled their paychecks and savings in a game that got rigged even more after they started. For me, it is a missed opportunity. For them, it can have devastating consequences. Fuck these tech billionaires and hedge fund managers who treat people under them as not even pawns. I hope there is a reckoning and they get bent.

Ever watch the show Billions... explains it all

#8038 3 years ago

AMC halter once again. WOW Every time it starts to climb it is halted. Just wrong

#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Great video by Barstool Sports creator, Dave Portnoy (caution - language).
Amen brother.
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1354848771184750598

This guy is a tool. Come on! There were billionaires on both sides! It sucks what the small brokerages had to do, but they answer to their own equations. They saw something that made them basically kill their company. Watch Margin for a refresher of 2008.
Especially with a pandemic going on. We almost destroyed the world with derivatives, let’s do it again with GME.

#8040 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

AMC halter once again. WOW Every time it starts to climb it is halted. Just wrong

Volume is waaaay down today. It's amazing what locking people out from buying does.

#8041 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Volume is waaaay down today. It's amazing what locking people out from buying does.

There are some rumors flying around that Citadel reloaded their shorts right before RH stopped allowing purchases. I'm not sure if it's true, but there have been a few people showing short interests are now around 250%.

https://twitter.com/Chris2pherChase/status/1354854971221684225

#8042 3 years ago

I'm gonna guess that the price will be driven up as we approach power hour, only to see it shorted after hours again and then sold off in the morning.

#8043 3 years ago

Hopefully what will come out of this is more regulations and transparency on hedge funds and how they operate and game the system, there could be some very big upside if politicians in both parties are agreeing that what's happened today is wrong.

I didn't panic sell, my shares of AMC and BB are still very up, I'm just watching what they are doing to know when to take a profit. On the bright side, all my index funds and safer stocks are doing great for the first time in days. I wish I bought more PINS yesterday.

#8044 3 years ago

They'll be pointing to individual investor losses, patting themselves on the back for making sure it didn't get worse, and use this as an excuse to regulate our ability to invest in stocks as individuals. Most people looking in will buy it, and think that people were just carelessly buying an inflated stock.

I hope the right people can make noise about what actually happened, and the right people are held accountable. Still, I'm not sure how you can make this right... you forcefully manipulated the free market by deliberately fucking over individual investors who did nothing but try to hold a hedgefund accountable for irresponsible (but more likely, plain illegal) practices.

#8045 3 years ago

I'm seeing lots of twitter activity showing RH selling peoples GME shares without their consent.

#8046 3 years ago

It gets worse... now Robbin Hood is forceably selling people's positions and telling them about it hours after the fact.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/you-can-not-purchase-additional-shares-robinhood-reportedly-removed-shuts-down-buying
2924F9F8-4F70-49DC-A048-554258FE0E7F (resized).png2924F9F8-4F70-49DC-A048-554258FE0E7F (resized).png
Edit: This is what I am hearing online. It only seems to be hitting the bigger individual investors.

#8047 3 years ago

It gets worse... now Robbin Hood is forceably selling people's positions and telling them about it hours after the fact.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/you-can-not-purchase-additional-shares-robinhood-reportedly-removed-shuts-down-buying[quoted image]

Closed at the exact bottom...imagine that.

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Locking individuals out of buying stock would be counteractive to the business model. Just do not understand how it can be justified and there will be ramifications when individuals loose money because they cannot trade as they have just 1 day ago. "You cannot change the rules of a players game in the 9th inning!"

#8049 3 years ago

Robinhood cut thier own throat today.
What could they be thinking?
The internet is not going to crucify them?
Congress isn't going to unite, to give them a beatdown?
The small guys, robinhoods customer base, finds a way to screw a corrupt system, then robinhood stands with the corrupt system?

Bye bye robinhood.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#8050 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Robinhood cut thier own throat today.
What could they be thinking?
The internet is not going to crucify them?
Congress isn't going to unite, to give them a beatdown?
The small guys, robinhoods customer base, finds a way to screw a corrupt system, then robinhood stands with the corrupt system?
Bye bye robinhood.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

I'm sure there was a weighted decision on who makes them more money. Citadel or their users. They probably are gambling that only a fraction of their userbase will actually leave.

This has everything to do with the upcoming IPO.

That being said, this wasn't in a vacuum. The same thing was done on a number of brokers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/161?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.