kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 420.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

And you all thought I was full of shit!
Although I might change my mind and get out of GME at $500. But it’s so tempting to let it ride to $1,000.
One thing that’s crazy is it has totally dominated all social media, which is a good indicator it’s time to bail. But in this case the short squeeze play makes it different from the usual pump and dump. So I’m thinking maybe I let it ride until Monday and see what happens.
I’m always reminded of how smart I felt selling my Bitcoin at $200 per.

I was wondering if I should throw a little at NOK or BB. Those keep getting lumped in with GME and AMC.

You're right though, $1,000 does sound good. People keep babbling about $4200.69.

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Be very cautious about others saying things like "the next GME" or "Reddit's next target". These are both false narratives being pushed by shorts right now to try and take attention away from their GME problem. The issue with GME right now is a "once in a lifetime" thing, although the VW squeeze in 2008 was only a little over a decade ago. And reddit users don't "go after" anything. It is a discussion forum, and there is no coordinated attack on anything. It is all out in the open. There have been some pretty darn good DD's posted on there by some very intelligent people, so read up and make your own decision. Calling them a bunch of "gambling kids" is disingenuous at best.

At what point would you jump ship?

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

At what point would you jump ship?

You have to base that on your comfort level - since the rise is based on nothing but a pumping scheme there is no solid financial data that is going to tell you when to sell.

Basically you are asking, When do I walk away from the Crap Table - when you won or lost enough

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You have to base that on your comfort level - since the rise is based on nothing but a pumping scheme there is no solid financial data that is going to tell you when to sell.
Basically you are asking, When do I walk away from the Crap Table - when you won or lost enough

I wouldn't call it a pumping scheme based on my limited knowledge. I thought that was always used when someone circulated a ton of news surround a stock in an attempt to pump the price so they could dump it.

In this case, it looks like people are using the massive 141% short interest in the stock by the hedge funds against them in an attempt to shine a light on the way hedge funds manipulate the market.

But once again, I'm new to all this stock stuff, so don't listen to me.

#7755 3 years ago

There are a lot of 1/29 calls that are ITM and settle tomorrow. I am staying put for now.

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I wouldn't call it a pumping scheme based on my limited knowledge. I thought that was always used when someone circulated a ton of news surround a stock in an attempt to pump the price so they could dump it.
In this case, it looks like people are using the massive 141% short interest in the stock by the hedge funds against them in an attempt to shine a light on the way hedge funds manipulate the market.
But once again, I'm new to all this stock stuff, so don't listen to me.

Semantics - People are not going to hold GME forever at this price - the dam will burst at some point and it's going to be a very fast nasty flood

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Supposedly this thing could really blow up tomorrow. This is crazy!

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There are a lot of 1/29 calls that are ITM and settle tomorrow. I am staying put for now.

I’m with you.....What would be a good indicator for you to jump ship though?

#7759 3 years ago

Went to sleep AMC around 14. Wake up around 20. Nice.

Hold baby hold

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m with you.....When would it it a good indicator for you to jump ship though?

A lot of people are saying that although things expire tomorrow, you won't see the real action until Monday / Tuesday of next week.

I don't understand all this expiring crap and how it works, so I'm just regurgitating stuff I read.

#7761 3 years ago

One thing to consider with these companies is the total issued shares. GME has 70 million.

AMC 400 million
NOK 5.6 billion
BB 562 million

These stocks may be harder to manipulate with the huge number of available shares.

Whereas these other names have more potential to fly like GME given the small float of shares:

EXPR 65 million
KOSS 7.4 million
KODK 77 million

KODK may be one to watch. Not too overpriced yet and has been creeping up lately.

#7762 3 years ago

For people that are a little confused, this explains it pretty well. This is a copy and paste.

I feel like there are a ton of new and confused traders in here so I'm going to help explain what's happening...

Gamestop (GME) and (AMC) are two failing companies who's stocks got a bump in the market due to some recent good, but ultimately inconsequential news. That jump caused large multi-billion dollar short-selling hedge funds to short GME and AMC stock with the assumption that they'd continue to fall after their bumps.

(Short selling is when someone borrows shares at a higher price then sells it with the assumption that they can buy the shares again later (1/29) at a cheaper price, give those shares back and then pocket the difference.)

This is where we the people (FB, Reddit, Twitter..) come in to ruin their day.

A bunch of us agree to flood AND HOLD! the stock with unexpected new money, causing the stock price to rise instead of fall. This causes the short sellers to lose money because they are going to have to give back those borrowed shares in the future (1/29).

As the short sellers watch the stock rise alomg with their losses, they start folding one by one and buying the stock in order to give the shares back and close their position. Buying those shares causes the stock to rise which in turn puts MORE pressure on the short sellers and more of them have to buy more shares... This is called a SHORT SQUEEZE.

On Friday (1/29), time will be up for many of the short sellers. They'll have to close out their positions by buying stock which will cause AMC and GameStop to sky rocket.

That is why you BUY NOW (apply pressure and start your investment) and HOLD. Because every person that sells is relieving the pressure and reducing the billions of dollars the hedge funds will owe us, the little guys.

The price will go up, and it will go down, just buy it and hold it at LEAST until Friday 1/29.

WHY AMC IS DOWN AFTERHOURS: Hedge fund managers, Short sellers, and Market Makers are using their extended hour trading to scare retail traders (You) off. Most retail traders (You) lack the ability to trade before and after the market opens/closes. This is why it is currently down. Once retail traders (You) are able to get back in at market open tomorrow, this will again go up. This is an attempt to scare ppl away from the stock. It will happen every single evening for the next several days so be prepared for this. If it is to stressful for you, please put away your phone/computer and check again in the morning.

#7763 3 years ago

Is it too late to catch the wave on nakd?

#7764 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

WHY AMC IS DOWN AFTERHOURS: Hedge fund managers, Short sellers, and Market Makers are using their extended hour trading to scare retail traders (You) off. Most retail traders (You) lack the ability to trade before and after the market opens/closes. This is why it is currently down. Once retail traders (You) are able to get back in at market open tomorrow, this will again go up. This is an attempt to scare ppl away from the stock. It will happen every single evening for the next several days so be prepared for this. If it is to stressful for you, please put away your phone/computer and check again in the morning.

That's really interesting. So if a bunch of people band together and go after a hedge fund it's evil, but if they attempt to manipulate the market, it's alright.

I'm really starting to jump on the wagon with those people on Reddit.

#7765 3 years ago

Sooo, my robinhood account says I can close my positions in AMC and GameStop but I Can’t buy more with a caution sign????

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Sooo, my robinhood account says I can close my positions in AMC and GameStop but I Can’t buy more with a caution sign????

What?! I was ready to dump more into AMC! Fuckers!

#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

That's correct..... See how the 1%ers stay in the 1% If you want to buy more get a webull account.

#7768 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

That's correct..... See how the 1%ers stay in the 1% If you want to buy more get a webull account.

I wonder if this is causing the $4 drop or so that just hit......that's ridiculous they are restricting people from buying a stock

#7769 3 years ago

This is too confusing, Im just going to go wax my pinball machines. Good luck to all of you (well most of you, there are some on here that dont deserve crap.. you know who you are)

#7770 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Good thing I have one! Wonder if this will spark a sell off

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I would think you just can't buy it on Margin. If you have the money to buy, you should be able to buy it.

I also don't understand why anybody uses Robinhood these days when trading is free everywhere. It made sense when they were free and others weren't.

#7772 3 years ago

I was able to buy AMC right now - down $3.5, I bought a little more.

#7773 3 years ago

Anyone know anything about a "Good faith violation". I did an ACH yesterday and sold a few shares of stock. I then bought a few shares of GME. From what I'm reading, I'm not allowed to sell that stock until at least Friday or I commit some sort of violation.

Is that right? I'm totally confused with this crap.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was able to buy AMC right now - down $3.5, I bought a little more.

I read that they are restricting margin purchases and you can still buy and sell shares, but just not on margin.

#7775 3 years ago

Anyone know anything about a "Good faith violation". I did an ACH yesterday and sold a few shares of stock. I then bought a few shares of GME. From what I'm reading, I'm not allowed to sell that stock until at least Friday.

If you don't have a margin account, you can't buy and sell with unsettled funds. It takes like 3 days for funds from a sale to settle. Do it enough times and they'll restrict your account.

#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

For people that are a little confused, this explains it pretty well. This is a copy and paste.
I feel like there are a ton of new and confused traders in here so I'm going to help explain what's happening...
Gamestop (GME) and (AMC) are two failing companies who's stocks got a bump in the market due to some recent good, but ultimately inconsequential news. That jump caused large multi-billion dollar short-selling hedge funds to short GME and AMC stock with the assumption that they'd continue to fall after their bumps.
(Short selling is when someone borrows shares at a higher price then sells it with the assumption that they can buy the shares again later (1/29) at a cheaper price, give those shares back and then pocket the difference.)
This is where we the people (FB, Reddit, Twitter..) come in to ruin their day.
A bunch of us agree to flood AND HOLD! the stock with unexpected new money, causing the stock price to rise instead of fall. This causes the short sellers to lose money because they are going to have to give back those borrowed shares in the future (1/29).
As the short sellers watch the stock rise alomg with their losses, they start folding one by one and buying the stock in order to give the shares back and close their position. Buying those shares causes the stock to rise which in turn puts MORE pressure on the short sellers and more of them have to buy more shares... This is called a SHORT SQUEEZE.
On Friday (1/29), time will be up for many of the short sellers. They'll have to close out their positions by buying stock which will cause AMC and GameStop to sky rocket.
That is why you BUY NOW (apply pressure and start your investment) and HOLD. Because every person that sells is relieving the pressure and reducing the billions of dollars the hedge funds will owe us, the little guys.
The price will go up, and it will go down, just buy it and hold it at LEAST until Friday 1/29.

yfz450 is correct. Everybody take a breath as I have said a few times this week and read what he posted. I read this on WSB last night and fully agree. You have a lot of hedge funds trying to shake people up because they are loosing billions. Going and asking every 5 mins should I buy or sell is not doing anybody any good and just spinning yourself in a tizzy. Everybody needs to make their own decisions and be happy with them. If I had not pulled out of GME I would be sitting on close to 500K right now just on that. But, I made the decision and have not thought about it since.

Regarding AMC, one risk factor to consider is that at some point, they will probably make an offering to help take care of the debt note from the weekend. They converted about 44M shares this morning for the Silverlake position. I would think that this is more of a when then an if, but that is speculation.

Again, not offering financial advice. I take no responsibility for your trades.

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

If you don't have a margin account, you can't buy and sell with unsettled funds. It takes like 3 days for funds from a sale to settle. Do it enough times and they'll restrict your account.

But I can do it this time and get a warning or something? I don't want to miss the wagon. I bought AMC too.

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I would think you just can't buy it on Margin. If you have the money to buy, you should be able to buy it.
I also don't understand why anybody uses Robinhood these days when trading is free everywhere. It made sense when they were free and others weren't.

That could be it, I moved $ into it the other day, funds probably haven’t settled.

#7779 3 years ago

But I can do it this time and get a warning or something? I don't want to miss the wagon. I bought AMC too.

Once in a while should be fine. It's like daytrading. If you don't have $25k and a margin account, you can't buy and sell the same stock on the same day more than a couple times a week or something or you'll get restricted.

#7780 3 years ago

Dont forget capital gains taxes?

#7781 3 years ago

All this restricting imo fuels people even more which is quite frankly the reason why I'm even still in. They really beginning to impede on personal freedom here to cover themselves and people aren't going to take it. When the internet gets pissed, I put my money on the internet. Holding at least until Friday.

#7782 3 years ago

The SPAC crowd sure went silent recently. That was no match for short-crushing mania.

#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Dont forget capital gains taxes?

Good point, but never a reason not to invest. Cost of doing business.

#7784 3 years ago

How do you buy shares premarket? Just place an open trade and how someone takes it?

#7785 3 years ago

Now Robinhood restricted NAKD as well! WTF!

8309C3EB-A87C-4ABC-9AC5-BA7A0CE57D15 (resized).png8309C3EB-A87C-4ABC-9AC5-BA7A0CE57D15 (resized).png
#7786 3 years ago

Yet the retail traders are the ones manipulating, right? How much more blatant can they get? We knew they were in bed with Citadel, but they might as well run a banner ad telling us that now. BTW, Webull is still allowing buys of everything.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Now Robinhood restricted NAKD as well! WTF!

This really shines a light on how crooked this crap is.

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

How do you buy shares premarket? Just place an open trade and how someone takes it?

With Ameritrade I had to pick the GTC + ext option. It's under the Time-in-force section.

Time in force (resized).JPGTime in force (resized).JPG

#7789 3 years ago

Anyone know anything about a "Good faith violation". I did an ACH yesterday and sold a few shares of stock. I then bought a few shares of GME. From what I'm reading, I'm not allowed to sell that stock until at least Friday or I commit some sort of violation.

I had this issue. If you have a plain, jain trading account you can:

1. Buy stock A. Wait a week, sell stock A, immediately buy stock B.

What you can do but will cause a "violation" is, Buy stock A on Monday, Sell Stock A on Monday. You are technically selling "unsettled funds".

You may be able to do this a few times, but they will eventually lock down your account and force you to trade with settled funds.

Scenerio where I got in trouble.

ACH is cheap! Lets buy some at 100!. Wow, it's 120 now, lets sell it (same day). Wow, its 100 again (next day) lets buy it! Wow, its 120 again, lets sell it! (same day). Got my account into restricted mode and can now only trade with setteld funds (for 90 days or so). What does that mean? Buy stock A, keep it 1 month. Sell Stock A. Money is not "settled" and tradeable until the second business day after you sold, usually in the pre market.

#7790 3 years ago

You have to set it up with your broker - it's usually not a default option when you open your account

#7791 3 years ago

Are they restricting GME and AMC to prompt us to sell? Looks that way

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I had this issue. If you have a plain, jain trading account you can:
1. Buy stock A. Wait a week, sell stock A, immediately buy stock B.
What you can do but will cause a "violation" is, Buy stock A on Monday, Sell Stock A on Monday. You are technically selling "unsettled funds".
You may be able to do this a few times, but they will eventually lock down your account and force you to trade with settled funds.
Scenerio where I got in trouble.
ACH is cheap! Lets buy some at 100!. Wow, it's 120 now, lets sell it (same day). Wow, its 100 again (next day) lets buy it! Wow, its 120 again, lets sell it! (same day). Got my account into restricted mode and can now only trade with setteld funds (for 90 days or so). What does that mean? Buy stock A, keep it 1 month. Sell Stock A. Money is not "settled" and tradeable until the second business day after you sold, usually in the pre market.

That makes sense. I guess I'm used to trading crypto where it's basically instant.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Went to sleep AMC around 14. Wake up around 20. Nice.
Hold baby hold

16 is around 20??? That's some stretchy math.

#7794 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Was at 20 a few hours ago

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My comments take some common sense from others. It was 20 when I woke up - pre market trading my man. It's fluctuating.

#7796 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was at 20....it's dropped since RH disabled trading

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was over 20 when I woke up a couple hours ago.

#7798 3 years ago

With Ameritrade I had to pick the GTC + ext option. It's under the Time-in-force section.
[quoted image]

Thanks man! I'm gonna try a few bucks on this madness

#7799 3 years ago

Thanks man! I'm gonna try a few bucks on this madness

That's what I did. What the hell. Just enough that I can lose it and still sleep at night.

#7800 3 years ago

Sorry, I don't see it almost 20 except near close yesterday. Might just be the chart being wrong then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.