Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 421.
#7351 3 years ago

AMC

the total open interest in call contracts expiring this friday appears to be around 320,000. all potentially in the money as the maximum strike price offered was $9. these options alone control 32M shares of the 56M float.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Are that many shares available and do they have the capital of cover? Or is it an attempted fake out.

the lack of shares available when the try an cover their short is what raises the price so drastically until holders sell their shares

#7353 3 years ago

wow

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Might be working...GME down from $345 to $240 pre-sale

$375 and climbing 10 minutes before the bell. I expect a drop at the bell as some people get out, but it will go back up.

#7355 3 years ago

Hold the line! Don't sell on the dips! I bought GME at $230 this morning thinking i was insane.

This is insanity!

#7356 3 years ago

How long will ACM run last?! Thinking of buying more! This shit is crazy!

#7357 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How long will ACM run last?! Thinking of buying more! This shit is crazy!

It's dropped $3 in 5 minutes. No one knows.

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How long will ACM run last?!

It's all time high when it was profitable was in the low 30's
but 300% in a day ... gotta be a bunch of profit takers

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's all time high when it was profitable was in the low 30's

On these short plays, that means little....GME's all time high was? But I agree...profit taking is going to hit this one harder...There's not the concerted effort to hold like GME.

#7360 3 years ago

4000 new reactions in matter of minutes on the AMC yahoo board:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMC/community?p=AMC

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

$375 and climbing 10 minutes before the bell. I expect a drop at the bell as some people get out, but it will go back up.

Damn...don't blink...lol

#7362 3 years ago

Not sure if I should buy more or sell AMC at this point

#7363 3 years ago

This is an interesting comment on the yahoo board, any truth to it?

Hey everyone, to make no share available for the shorts to short, set your shares for sell at GTC with limit price at 100 or more so that your shares would not be in the loan list from your brokerage.

#7364 3 years ago

I am new to all of this but I also read there are settings you can potentially set in your account, and i heard a rumor that using cash instead of margin means they can't loan them?

I'd also like to know more from an expert.

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Not sure if I should buy more or sell AMC at this point

Dropping like a rock right now. I sold at 22.16

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

My kid (15) bought 10 shares of AMC tonight...he spent $50 and now has $80. He thinks he's Rockefeller now, and is already researching other stocks. Sure beats him watching fortnight on youtube.

He sold his massive 10 shares this morning just before the bell at 22.16. Kid made $155 in 12 hours....lol. I've created a monster.

#7367 3 years ago

My $150 is now $500. Let's go AMC! I told a friend about it last night and he dropped 25k into it. Made a nice profit. He also made 80k in gme this week. Yikes! investingdad must think we are all smooth brains!

#7368 3 years ago

Market is getting hammered today, all red on my portfolio

#7369 3 years ago

Looks like Etrade, RH, TD and other online brokers are all crashing or locked up. I can't get an order filled. Stuck in OPEN mode.

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

He sold his massive 10 shares this morning just before the bell at 22.16. Kid made $155 in 12 hours....lol. I've created a monster.

Nice! Now be sure to withhold taxes to teach him about how fun that part is.

#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Looks like Etrade, RH, TD and other online brokers are all crashing or locked up. I can't get an order filled. Stuck in OPEN mode.

Careful it will be the same when you try to dump them

#7372 3 years ago

They have been saying this about GME, except set it to $5000 or more. Robinhood and others sell the information on users stop loss, stop limit and limit orders to the big boys, and they use that information to manipulate the market. They will use that information to try and shake stop limits loose from time to time. Some of the big guns will quickly sell back and forth to each other at progressively lower numbers to try and cause a selloff. It has been happening all week. That is why I laugh when the CNBC talking head crowd craps all over retail for "manipulation", yet these big boys are CLEARLY manipulating things, and they get a pass.

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Nice! Now be sure to withhold taxes to teach him about how fun that part is.

lol!

#7374 3 years ago

It was funny when that guy said 'the average hold is 40 seconds' and blames it on the little guys..no sir, that is your algorythms.

#7375 3 years ago

AMC is halted. It will drop when it reopens. Hold the line. Do NOT sell.

we got this...

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Careful it will be the same when you try to dump them

Doesn't look like it'll be filled anyway. I had a limit in for $16 when it was in the $15's. The order is still OPEN and has been open for 10 minutes. Looks like trading has been HALTED.

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Be sure to teach him that $155.00 he made was lost by someone as well. He will also have losing trades as well. He likely won't want to discuss those....

#7378 3 years ago

Both my brokerages are frozen, damnit!
Etrade frozen. F@@k!!

#7379 3 years ago

Whelp, Schwab won't fill orders and there are a bunch of reports of issues so I guess in on everything for a while.

#7380 3 years ago

meanwhile the rest of the market is dumping.

BTC also down to 29.

#7381 3 years ago

AMC is unhalted. Order went through. Dipping now.

#7382 3 years ago

Market is down, but I do have a few stock up nicely today
CANG, VIR again, NOX, STX, RKT, MMM

#7383 3 years ago

are you guys holding amc or selling?

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

it's not life changing money for me either way .. so holding my 1,000 shares to see where it goes

#7385 3 years ago

MAC & SKT seem to be having a very nice start this morning.

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

meanwhile the rest of the market is dumping.
BTC also down to 29.

OOF my poor Disney

#7387 3 years ago

holding here. they are halting to scare ppl out. RH is locked out. total bullshit MM.

#7388 3 years ago

it's not life changing money for me either way .. so holding my 1,000 shares to see where it goes

Doing the same but only 250 shares.

#7389 3 years ago

MSFT is a tank.

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hold. I am trying to f8nd out where my purchases went in. Through some logs on the fire.

#7391 3 years ago

Holding too. This is my gambling money. Fun ride.

#7392 3 years ago

AMC is to high for me right now so I put 400 shares in on NOK this morning. I'll test the waters.

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hold. I am trying to f8nd out where my purchases went in. Through some logs on the fire.

Should I buy more on the dip?

#7394 3 years ago

Nobody is able to buy. They are scared and keep halting. This ain't a one day Rip. Hold strong.

#7395 3 years ago

Wondering if I should get back into AMC now that it's dipped so much...

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Should I buy more on the dip?

That is up to you. I am trying to find out the quantity but it looks like I have probably another 3,125 @ $16.05. This is normal for this type of stock. As @yfz450, I recommend everybody take a breath and hold the line.

#7397 3 years ago

Does anyone else enjoy reading the Yahoo comments? It's massive panic, then total glory, then anger, then joy all in back to back posts. Honestly, I'm just enjoying the ride. Entertainment dollars here.

#7398 3 years ago

They turned back on for a few seconds and it ran up. turned off again...lol hold the line

#7399 3 years ago

Anybody still riding gme? Holding or selling?

#7400 3 years ago

$20 was too high, but got in at $13.02

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.