IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 420.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I just sold my AMC for a quick 25K profit. I'll never regret making 65% return in a few days, just as you shouldn't for selling GME. Hindsight is always 20/20, but never feel bad about making good profit.

Not complaining at all. Between GME and AMC, up 42K on a 38K starting investment in a week and half. System is broken, but still money to be made.

Congrats on your gain. That is awesome! I am hoping everybody else has good fortune and to be careful.

#7252 3 years ago

AMC is over $8.00/share. How much more do we have to run?

#7253 3 years ago

Wow, this stock is worth more than Apple.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WTF? GME UP 88% at $145 now.

$230 in after hours.

Wish I had bought more.

#7255 3 years ago

Ok, I take back my comparison, amc after hours is loco

#7256 3 years ago

Just a hypothesis I'm sharing to see what others think... If the market is overbought, and we're trying to time if/when a drop happens, mid-March stands out with it being a year since COVID started. People who bought may have bought when the 2020 drop happened may be waiting for the 12 months to sell for the tax advantages. Does this seem reasonable?

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just a hypothesis I'm sharing to see what others think... If the market is overbought, and we're trying to time if/when a drop happens, mid-March stands out with it being a year since COVID started. People who bought may have bought when the 2020 drop happened may be waiting for the 12 months to sell for the tax advantages. Does this seem reasonable?

I think someone else (KPG or Ice?) brought this up a few weeks ago and warned to expect a possible drop then.

#7258 3 years ago

I don't see anyone talking about Wallstreetbets and the retail investor backlash against the hedge fund's manipulation of the market. Turns out a few million people buying a few dozen stocks makes a difference.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't see anyone talking about Wallstreetbets and the retail investor backlash against the hedge fund's manipulation of the market. Turns out a few million people buying a few dozen stocks makes a difference.

loving every minute of this - caught a short bit of kramer - he was defending them while the other guys were saying it was illegal. Funny how the big $ guys think it is fine when they do it, but when the little guy tries....

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Between GME and AMC, up 42K on a 38K starting investment in a week

Damn! That would be game changing money for me. I only have funds to trade with in my ira. Mostly own dividend paying stocks but I have some money for speculation. Doing well on PLTR, SNAP, MAC, and I bought $150 worth of AMC. It's worth $200! Making gains baby.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Damn! That would be game changing money for me. I only have funds to trade with in my ira. Mostly own dividend paying stocks but I have some money for speculation. Doing well on PLTR, SNAP, MAC, and I bought $150 worth of AMC. It's worth $200! Making gains baby.

Gains are gains. Keep doing what you are doing!

#7262 3 years ago

So for those in the know, has the asylum decided what target comes after amc?

#7263 3 years ago

If WSB gets bored and decides to flood into MAC I think I would sell instead of my covered call idea from a few days ago. If it goes from 20 to 50 (just for example sake) I couldn’t get near the benefit of writing 3 covered calls as I would from just selling at 50 and planning the next move.

#7264 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Gains are gains. Keep doing what you are doing!

My kid (15) bought 10 shares of AMC tonight...he spent $50 and now has $80. He thinks he's Rockefeller now, and is already researching other stocks. Sure beats him watching fortnight on youtube.

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

My kid (15) bought 10 shares of AMC tonight...he spent $50 and now has $80. He thinks he's Rockefeller now, and is already researching other stocks. Sure beats him watching fortnight on youtube.

That’s awesome. Does he need something special to get an account if under 18, or just sign up?

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think someone else (KPG or Ice?) brought this up a few weeks ago and warned to expect a possible drop then.

Interesting, I wonder what the best way to plan for this would be.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That’s awesome. Does he need something special to get an account if under 18, or just sign up?

I bought it under my account.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That is awesome! Teach them young. God knows, our schools are not teaching our kids about money.

#7269 3 years ago

I don't think they have actually targeted AMC yet. Definitely BB. I think they are trying to maximize om GME thru Friday.

Quoted from Oaken:

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

God knows, our schools are not teaching our kids about money.

My kid in high school is about to start a personal finance class. I'm genuinely curious what the curriculum is going to be like.

#7271 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Blackberry is the push now

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

My kid in high school is about to start a personal finance class. I'm genuinely curious what the curriculum is going to be like

How to write checks, budgeting, and other bullshit. Nothing about building wealth, saving, or sacrifice. Nothing about early retirement.

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I don't think they have actually targeted AMC yet. Definitely BB. I think they are trying to maximize om GME thru Friday.

Not yet.

#7274 3 years ago

How can anyone decipher wtf the target is on that site - it is utter chaos.

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Well, I botched on GME so my honest answer is I don’t know.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

They are being infiltrated by BOTS. They've grown to 2.5 million members in a very short time. Their mods are working over time. But reading through all the chaos, two goals:

GME to 1000 by weeks end

BB to 70 by tomorrow. Seriously considering BB...its at 19 now.

#7277 3 years ago

Someone with better knowledge than me, on short squeezes. The reddit group is all about Diamond hands. Meaning they are encouraging everyone to hold until 1k is reached to force short sellers to buy at that price. But I always thought you could just let your option expire and just lose the margin costs. Why would anyone pay 1k per share to cover a $20 option?

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I wonder how the market will react to Apples earnings? I’ve heard they’re going to be ginormous!!! Bought more apple about a week ago, added a few shares of sea limited and Disney today.

Like those additions! Dan Ives from Wedbush raised his target to $175 and $225 on a "bull case" thesis

Morgan Stanley went to $154, VR headsets might be coming this year.

Evercore went to $160 on increased probability of an Apple car.

AR glasses coming sometime before 2025. etc etc

Think of adding an endless stream of monthly recurring revenues across an installed user base of 1.8 Billion and growing.

Will big tech take a hit when the re-opening trade moves into high gear? That's what they keep saying.

Maybe it will take a hit after another 10-15% rise? Who knows.

Bottom line, own Apple, don't trade it, one of the few things i agree with Cramer on. And buy more when it goes on sale.

Gotta keep an eye on interest rates, the 10 yr treasury yield. It rises as predicted and growth stocks take a hit.

Things like "let your winners run" and "let the story play out" keep sticking in my head these days! Be skeptical to get to a higher level of conviction. Don't be swayed by fear or greed.

#7279 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Someone with better knowledge than me, on short squeezes. The reddit group is all about Diamond hands. Meaning they are encouraging everyone to hold until 1k is reached to force short sellers to buy at that price. But I always thought you could just let your option expire and just lose the margin costs. Why would anyone pay 1k per share to cover a $20 option?

A short seller has borrowed shares from somebody that owns them and sold them, hence the name. So they owe somebody those shares, and that somebody might want them back so they can sell when the price is high enough. So the borrower has to get them somewhere, likely on the open market.

If you “short” something by buying puts you aren’t actually short those shares. You own a contract (or more) and if you own a put and it goes to $1000, you either sell the contract for a big loss, or let it expire. When you buy an option it can only go to zero, if you sell a stock short it can in theory go to infinity.

EDIT: The squeeze happens as all the shorts bid each other up to try to buy back the shares to cover. If nobody is selling they have to keep upping their bid.

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A short seller has borrowed shares from somebody that owns them and sold them, hence the name. So they owe somebody those shares, and that somebody might want them back so they can sell when the price is high enough. So the borrower has to get them somewhere, likely on the open market.
If you “short” something by buying puts you aren’t actually short those shares. You own a contract (or more) and if you own a put and it goes to $1000, you either sell the contract for a big loss, or let it expire. When you buy an option it can only go to zero, if you sell a stock short it can in theory go to infinity.
EDIT: The squeeze happens as all the shorts bid each other up to try to buy back the shares to cover. If nobody is selling they have to keep upping their bid.

Thanks for the clarity...im more familiar with puts from my early trading days in the 80s. Have direct shorts through non institutional buyers always been available? Or are we talking about the Hedge funds getting burned only?

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

They are being infiltrated by BOTS. They've grown to 2.5 million members in a very short time. Their mods are working over time. But reading through all the chaos, two goals:
GME to 1000 by weeks end
BB to 70 by tomorrow. Seriously considering BB...its at 19 now.

BB cannot be a short squeeze - only 6% short right now. Now if they are just looking to buy to drive the price up...

#7282 3 years ago

BB is the next up for WSBs, with some talk of NOK.

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lot of talk about this for tomorrow as well

AAA41F06-1F9F-4C14-BD9E-11421CB48308 (resized).jpegAAA41F06-1F9F-4C14-BD9E-11421CB48308 (resized).jpeg
#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

we would just have to play them at their own game - buy when/before they do then sell before they do. I don't think BB will rocket like gamestop since it doesn't have the short interest to start big buying to cover.

#7285 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Lot of talk about this for tomorrow as well[quoted image]

Now this would make sense with 73% short interest.

#7286 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sold my MAC at 20$. More than doubled my money.
Can't complain with that.
Thanks again iceman44

Bought it around $11-12 I think after icemans rec. Gave up on the junk after a few months and sold for about a 25% loss. So I guess if you were patient and didn’t sell until 2 weeks ago youre fine. Anyone before than took a beating while they watched other stocks pop and MAC lagger around $7-9 for a few months.
Not a dig on ice. Just a lesson that you can’t win them all. At some point the law of averages kicks in and makes you humble again.

#7287 3 years ago

WSB is long on BB. AMC and NOK are just a distraction from the botnets by the hedge funds and institutional owners to get them to take their eyes off GME because now they've bought in billions on shorts to the tune of 136% of available stocks.

So, if the "retards" of WSB don't sell their meagre holdings, which is actually several million shares, they might be totally fucked. The GME squeeze has them all frothed up at screwing the hedges for a change and that's some powerful juju among the disenfranchised millennial reddit crew.

#7288 3 years ago

I was in a trading group for awhile where a guy did some short on margin and lost 300k in minutes. He was so confident he was going to make money. Was crazy.

#7289 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

WSB is long on BB. AMC and NOK are just a distraction from the botnets by the hedge funds and institutional owners to get them to take their eyes off GME because now they've bought in billions on shorts to the tune of 136% of available stocks.
So, if the "retards" of WSB don't sell their meagre holdings, which is actually several million shares, they might be totally fucked. The GME squeeze has them all frothed up at screwing the hedges for a change and that's some powerful juju among the disenfranchised millennial reddit crew.

Yeah, hence my 'not holding these overnight'. Get out while the profits are good. Yeah, it might go another 100% but you can just buy back in the next day. Don't get greedy.

#7290 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Bought it around $11-12 I think after icemans rec.

Me too and now my monies is almost double. MAC had a book value of $14 a share, meaning you should have bought more when it went down, not sold. You win some you lose some.

I love this thread and thanks to Ice and others for suggesting stocks. Some of them I would have never looked at fundamentally speaking.

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Nice psyop on the hedgefunds by infiltrating the board. LOL!

#7292 3 years ago

With all the craziness going on right now in the market, I want to THANK ALL in this specific forum for the education and ideas on what to look at for investments.
Since March I have done well and I am planning on shaving some off the top and play with "the house" money. Not even close to making what some have made in this forum (far less, lol) as I know I am not educated enough to play the market but I am greatly appreciative and humbled by the assistance that you all provide to assist those of us that have a small amount to play with in this market. Long story short-----THANK YOU-----and I will continue to listen.

#7293 3 years ago

Holy hell GME !!! Glad I couldn't short it, but I'd prob have covered down at $60 after it crashed mid-day.. but the play was buying at that $60 level the other day for a bounce. Unbelievable short squeeze of epic proportions.

The riskiest thing to do is short a stock, just another fine example.

Citron should post the carnage that has happened to them since they posted a bearish article. Ouch

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Well, I botched on GME so my honest answer is I don’t know.

Botched for 60% profit is the kind of botching that I could live with.

#7295 3 years ago

That move in AMC after hours is stellar...kind of reminds me of something, YOLO!

#7296 3 years ago

I was thinking about buying some 6 mos puts on GME but the pricing is insane.

#7297 3 years ago

I just went deep down the rabbit hole and got on the WSB Discord account. Discord is like Slack but geared at gaming. Started using it a few weeks ago due to bullshit with the bourbon thread so we moved the community there. Anyway, looks like a lot of gearing up on AMC. Check the screenshot below. Lots of AMC mentions just scrolling through. Not a recommendation or anything, just info.

33D02460-1CE7-44D2-A5CF-F11D91B83AED (resized).png33D02460-1CE7-44D2-A5CF-F11D91B83AED (resized).png
#7298 3 years ago

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I am learning.

AMCX has the large short interest. Wouldn’t that be the stock Reddit group would be targeting.

AMC I don’t see the short interest. They did receive almost a billion bucks in financing and the stock is up 86% today.

Are people getting confused of which AMC has the short interest (trying to replicate GME)
Coincidence? AMC long play for reopening? Seems like a large jump for that?

#7299 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I am learning.
AMCX has the large short interest. Wouldn’t that be the stock Reddit group would be targeting.
AMC I don’t see the short interest. They did receive almost a billion bucks in financing and the stock is up 86% today.
Are people getting confused of which AMC has the short interest (trying to replicate GME)
Coincidence? AMC long play for reopening? Seems like a large jump for that?

AMC (the movie thester] is the one with the short interest. AMCX (the tv station) does not have the interest.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the clarity...im more familiar with puts from my early trading days in the 80s. Have direct shorts through non institutional buyers always been available? Or are we talking about the Hedge funds getting burned only?

No, talk is there are plenty taking up the shorts when anyone covers. Could be big funds, could be small individuals. Why not short at $225 if stock book value is less then $5? But institutional ownership was 110% last quarter! So some funds are killing it!

Before, you were probably thinking about a short that bought a call to cover and then let it expire with no additional loss. I would think the “hedge” funds hedged their bet, but there aren’t enough open calls, by my count. There are some other scenarios with convertible bonds and other financing deals- but only the big players know. Over 100% short with over 100% institutional ownership! Crazy..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/146?hl=bork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.