IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 420.
#7151 3 years ago

Has the GME rollercoaster finally come to a stop?

#7152 3 years ago

I find all the complaining about the WSB "investors" and the like very entertaining. All these news shows and big time investors act like they don't do the same thing every day. They All manipulate the market. They just don't like it being done to them! Lmao. Kudos to all those guys who just got instant rich.

#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I find all the complaining about the WSB "investors" and the like very entertaining. All these news shows and big time investors act like they don't do the same thing every day. They All manipulate the market. They just don't like it being done to them! Lmao. Kudos to all those guys who just got instant rich.

My thoughts exactly - wish I could do the same with the price of gold - problem is there is probably 1000 oz's of paper gold for every oz of physical available.

#7154 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The dividend is .6 per share now (.15 per quarter).

.75 per quarter is what it was at just a year ago. Not sure if it will ever get back to that or how long it might take, but I have some shares and will see what happens.

50F467C1-749C-4B93-BA12-BD5EB1270DA6 (resized).jpeg50F467C1-749C-4B93-BA12-BD5EB1270DA6 (resized).jpeg
#7155 3 years ago

Sold my VSTO today at 31.2 (near the peak) and bought NOC. We'll see how this goes. I'm avoiding all the crazy Reddit stuff. I will buy and sell in the short term but am over 20 years from retirement so I can wait too.

I was also wondering how much of your investments are in stocks? I am 20% (32% return last year) with 10% in real estate (7% return last year) and the other 70% in my business (14% return last year).

EDIT: I calculated my 401k and my personal account that I manage in the 20% figure but only did the return from my active account and not my 401K. It is now correct.

#7156 3 years ago

Looking hard at CCIV. Rumour is they are acquiring Lucid cars. May buy some Wednesday after funds have settled if it looks good. Of course do your own due dilligence.

In other news, PINS is delivering quarterly earnings next Thursday. I'm hoping for a 10% pop after the announcement.

Good luck... and GME is nuts!

#7157 3 years ago

iceman44 yo Ice what are your thoughts on MAC now? Sell at 17 or hold for $22?

#7158 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Sold my VSTO today at 31.2 (near the peak) and bought NOC. We'll see how this goes. I'm avoiding all the crazy Reddit stuff. I will buy and sell in the short term but am over 20 years from retirement so I can wait too.
I was also wondering how much of your investments are in stocks? I am 20% (32% return last year) with 10% in real estate (7% return last year) and the other 70% in my business (14% return last year).
EDIT: I calculated my 401k and my personal account that I manage in the 20% figure but only did the return from my active account and not my 401K. It is now correct.

I was 70% stock, 10% reits, 5% bond, rest of cash. I moved everything to cash last week. I'm 5 years from retirement and I have a gut feeling of a huge correction in the coming year. Ill play the market on short term gains, but fundamentals are so whacked, I couldn't afford the risk anymore.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

iceman44 yo Ice what are your thoughts on MAC now? Sell at 17 or hold for $22?

Well, the shorts are getting their asses blown up all over the market. That's what caused many of the other highly shorted companies to pop today, including MAC. They don't want to be the next GME. Lol.

Dillards was up 10%. DBS. 80% of float is short.

BBYD was up to $47 at high today, closed at $30. Wow. 70% short.

LGND 65% short and shorts are getting F ed!

AMC is another one. People are realizing that these companies are going to make it to the re-opening destination.

MAC is just a REIT part of the re-opening trade where shorts got their balls ripped off. LOL.

One of my two REIT guys from Seeking Alpha:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4398990-buy-macerich-today

Everybody needs to feel comfortable about when to take profits for their own particular greed factor.

For the record, been here recommending APPLE for years! Just recently said back up the truck when it hit $110.

Now some of you guys i know, that's not good enough! Ok.

#7160 3 years ago

10 yr. dropped to 1.03% today

Poor shorts that don't have the bankroll are gonna keep getting "Rick rolled"!

It all started with Tesla and now it's a movement to take them out. The hunt is on by the SHORT SQUEEZE ARMY to manipulate more of these stocks they can, and round up and control with the "float" and option market to further squeeze these guys.

The CNBC crowd hates it! Supposedly Wall Street "smart money". LOL

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

10 yr. dropped to 1.03% today
Poor shorts that don't have the bankroll are gonna keep getting "Rick rolled"!
It all started with Tesla and now it's a movement to take them out. The hunt is on by the SHORT SQUEEZE ARMY to manipulate more of these stocks they can, and round up and control with the "float" and option market to further squeeze these guys.
The CNBC crowd hates it!

It is pretty awesome to reap the benefit of the squeeze! I got to experience it with Tesla and more recently Lemonade. Shorting a stock is becoming a risky proposition.

#7162 3 years ago

With respect to MAC, I want to own the actual property and NOT one of the tenants like Dillard's that lease the property for all the reasons previously documented.

The MASSIVE re-opening and reflation trade is just in it's infancy. It's coming. It's why i've been preaching the barbell approach!

Energy, industrials, some health care, travel and online gambling stocks. No financials for me with the exception of JPM.

#7163 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I was 70% stock, 10% reits, 5% bond, rest of cash. I moved everything to cash last week. I'm 5 years from retirement and I have a gut feeling of a huge correction in the coming year. Ill play the market on short term gains, but fundamentals are so whacked, I couldn't afford the risk anymore.

The realization I came to when I retired (at 47) was that I wouldn't even start using that money until when I'm at least 60. And will you use it all at once the day you retire? Keep investing, just don't go 100% risky assets, have about 3 - 5 years of what you need available. And don't time the market - 99% of the time you will get it wrong. If you just let it sit in cash or an interest bearing account you are losing money each year.

#7164 3 years ago

These are my ENERGY stocks i'm looking to allocate $$ to.

HP,NOV, PXD, HFC, XEC and the big boy, EPD.

To Tigerlaw's point, here is my reflation trade with the miners, RIO, BHP and VALE. Maybe one more. Yes i know these are in the political crosshairs. The reality is something totally different.

ABBV, BMY, MRK and PFE all trade at 9-13 times earnings and pay a healthy dividend. Just saying.

Btw, i pay a LOT MORE for Motley Fool, $1,500 or so for each service. Been worth every penny, nickel, dime etc. etc.

#7165 3 years ago

For anyone thinking gme...

Short interest still above 100%, share price up 8% after hours. None of the shorts could cover as a result. Manipulation designed to trigger stop losses fell short (haha). Melvin got a 2B+ bailout and I think that’s to keep them liquid as they cover all the shorts. In other words...I don’t think it’s too late to get in.

But whoooooo knooooowwwwwsssssss

Crazy times.

#7166 3 years ago

That is some crazy shite. I will say, I don't have a problem with it. I've never been fond of shorting even being a thing. The market is supposed to be about helping the economy and business, not gambling, but it is more gambling than anything, especially the 'betting against' being legal.

#7167 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The realization I came to when I retired (at 47) was that I wouldn't even start using that money until when I'm at least 60. And will you use it all at once the day you retire? Keep investing, just don't go 100% risky assets, have about 3 - 5 years of what you need available. And don't time the market - 99% of the time you will get it wrong. If you just let it sit in cash or an interest bearing account you are losing money each year.

I don't intend to keep it in cash indefinitely...but a correction is coming. At that point I'll likely move into dividend funds for income. I dont need the extra gains to retire, but I sure don't want to lose what I have. If you believe this bull market will continue indefinitely, that's a strategy I suppose. But I dont. I rode out black October, dot com crash and 2008 housing. It's different this time. People are gambling and there's little fundamentals to prop up current pricing.

#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't intend to keep it in cash indefinitely...but a correction is coming. At that point I'll likely move into dividend funds for income. I dont need the extra gains to retire, but I sure don't want to lose what I have. If you believe this bull market will continue indefinitely, that's a strategy I suppose. But I dont. I rode out black October, dot com crash and 2008 housing. It's different this time. People are gambling and there's little fundamentals to prop up current pricing.

So what are you thinking, buy back in if dow crashes to? That's the tough part for me.. When to take the plunge back in for Dividends.

#7169 3 years ago

For a longer play, what does anyone think of Carnival or RC? Both were on long steady increases before the bottom dropped out due to Pandemic. It would be a couple year play, but Carnival at $19 is really tempting. They have some insulation due to world wide operations.

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

So what are you thinking, buy back in if dow crashes to?

Sorry not understanding your question....are you asking at what level of the dow I would consider jumping?

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sorry not understanding your question....are you asking at what level of the dow I would consider jumping?

Ya, or what are you going to go by before jumping back in? Just wonder what your thoughts were... we seem to be on the same page. $19K Dow seems about right for where the markets should be right now.

#7172 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

For a longer play, what does anyone think of Carnival or RC? Both were on long steady increases before the bottom dropped out due to Pandemic. It would be a couple year play, but Carnival at $19 is really tempting. They have some insulation due to world wide operations.

I went thirds into Carnival, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. When the market is so high, plays in industries like cruises and cinemas which have been hit hard more attractive in my opinion. Cruises and cinemas are experiences that I suspect people will hunger for when the world opens back up.

#7173 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Ya, or what are you going to go by? Just wonder what your thoughts were... we seem to be on the same page.

Not sure i can put a hard number on it. My gut says the pandemic even with vaccines is going to endure longer than most want and impatience will set in. Record number of businesses will continue to fail. The government will either run out of money to print for support or print more, continuing to devalue the dollar. Inflation is going to take hold, I could see interest rates creep up, and people are going to look for anything stable. If CDs suddenly paid 3 to 4% a flood of money will leave the market. So I expect in the next 6 months a 20% correction. Could be even more...30% would put us back to initial covid levels. Ill start looking for solid consumer dividend companies like coke/pepsi or just move into a vanguard dividend fund. Ive made great returns over 40 years of investing, but all this shorting, robinhood, reddit crowd I don't see as being sustainable.

All my gut and I could be completely wrong. But if I lose little (inflation)...bird in the hand for me at this juncture of my life.

#7174 3 years ago

I was thinking the same thing... 20% drop, buy a ton... 30% drop, invest 80%, 20% cash to play with.
Playing with 10% right now... and doing well.

#7175 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That is some crazy shite. I will say, I don't have a problem with it. I've never been fond of shorting even being a thing. The market is supposed to be about helping the economy and business, not gambling, but it is more gambling than anything, especially the 'betting against' being legal.

Supposedly shorts add much needed liquidity in volatile markets. They are much needed buyers in a down market and sellers in an up market.

#7176 3 years ago

Weren't we at DOW 29,600 or so pre covid? A 30% correction would be way below that.

#7177 3 years ago

Hats off to Robertmee for these Posts! With one exception, I agree.
Deflation, not inflation will rear its ugly head. Costs more? Find an alternative, do without, borrow. Scams, confidence schemes, outright stealing will increase. Underground and off-the grid Suppliers will flourish.
Inflation has occurred primarily in foodstuffs and oil-based products and will continue.
This eats in to expenditures for everything else. Folks are expecting to hunker down for awhile.

#7178 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've invested through all those times as well - I'm gunshy after all of them and forcing myself to stay the course.

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

For anyone thinking gme...
Short interest still above 100%, share price up 8% after hours. None of the shorts could cover as a result. Manipulation designed to trigger stop losses fell short (haha). Melvin got a 2B+ bailout and I think that’s to keep them liquid as they cover all the shorts. In other words...I don’t think it’s too late to get in.
But whoooooo knooooowwwwwsssssss
Crazy times.

Melvin getting liquidity is just a first step. Hedge funds are going to inject liquidity to try and stop this insurrection. If they don’t, then the system is broken, and they will not allow that. I would be cautions on this. You can probably trade around on this, but I do not believe the straight up ride is continuing.

#7180 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Weren't we at DOW 29,600 or so pre covid? A 30% correction would be way below that.

I didn't say pre covid. I said initial covid when the markets dropped in 1st quarter.

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Melvin getting liquidity is just a first step. Hedge funds are going to inject liquidity to try and stop this insurrection. If they don’t, then the system is broken, and they will not allow that. I would be cautions on this. You can probably trade around on this, but I do not believe the straight up ride is continuing.

There's a lot of pissed off people on reddit wanting to destroy Melvin. It's David vs Goliath. I wonder if the redditers keeping coming now that there is blood.

Then there's this from reddit:

Capture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

There's a lot of pissed off people on reddit wanting to destroy Melvin. It's David vs Goliath. I wonder if the redditers keeping coming now that there is blood.

It’s like a 1,000,000 person prisoners dilemma. If everyone holds, and keeps shares from the liquify market, the likelihood of the squeeze spike increases. But if people start peeling off - individuals will get a percentage of what that peak would have been, and the peak won’t happen.

Impossible to say what will happen. Emotions and greed are running high.

I am participating with money that I am ok to lose completely for a chance at once in a long time, maybe lifetime, returns. It’s a total gamble but it will make life interesting this week.

#7183 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Short interest still above 100%, share price up 8% after hours. None of the shorts could cover as a result.

If they are uncovered shorts, they are crazy. Most would have bought out of money calls for pennies ages ago. I have a bad feeling about this. You know that part in the movie where the good guy thinks he played the perfect plan, and then the bad music starts... If GME made money, sure go long. This more likely to hit $4 then $300. But, these are crazy times.

#7184 3 years ago

There should be a way for someone to run data analytics and find the spike in online chat RE: small cap names.

#7185 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

If they are uncovered shorts, they are crazy. Most would have bought out of money calls for pennies ages ago. I have a bad feeling about this. You know that part in the movie where the good guy thinks he played the perfect plan, and then the bad music starts... If GME made money, sure go long. This more likely to hit $4 then $300. But, these are crazy times.

Exactly. Hope they did not buy their Lambos yet.

#7186 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Then there's this from reddit:[quoted image]

now-you-see-that-evil-will-always-triumph-because-good-19228918 (resized).pngnow-you-see-that-evil-will-always-triumph-because-good-19228918 (resized).png
#7187 3 years ago
Quoted from JerryM:

There should be a way for someone to run data analytics and find the spike in online chat RE: small cap names.

There is! Both of these allow you to look at stocks being talked about in a given time period in different apps and websites and groups:

https://hype-rider.com/
https://unbiastock.com/index.php

#7188 3 years ago

AMC steadily climbing in after hours trading.

#7189 3 years ago

BB too

#7190 3 years ago

Looks like RKT is a Wall Street bets target along with bed bath and beyond

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Exactly. Hope they did not buy their Lambos yet.

Don’t lose that one.

FAA0203D-C83C-493E-A7D6-7D79A417289C (resized).jpegFAA0203D-C83C-493E-A7D6-7D79A417289C (resized).jpeg
#7192 3 years ago

I don't know about you guys... looking at charts on GME, now going to AMC and BB, Never seen anything like this before.
Extremely risky playing these stocks, unless your Kenny Rogers.

#7193 3 years ago

A lot of the WSB folk are pointing to the short squeeze of VW back in 2008, but I wonder how applicable that is.

I got in at $65 and left a sell at $300 so we’ll see how it plays out Friday morning after the shorts expire.

#7194 3 years ago

I repurchased palantir in the low 20’s after previously buying at around 14 and selling in the high 20’s. I plan to keep Palantir regardless of what happens. I had bought black berry a few days ago and added to blackberry yesterday morning and opened a position in AMC. Both of these positions are small speculative positions and I plan on bailing after I hopefully make a few bucks. Up around 19 percent in AMC and 21 percent in blackberry, we’ll see how it goes. I usually don’t do risky plays like these but when opportunity comes knocking .

#7195 3 years ago

Hey @jonesjb, did you buy AMC when you brought it up the other day? It was a good call on your part. Up about 10% in the pre-market.

#7196 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey jonesjb, did you buy AMC when you brought it up the other day? It was a good call on your part. Up about 10% in the pre-market.

Thanks to all of you that brought it up. It and the wallstreetbets stuff wasn't really on my radar. I'm well hedged, so my gains are limited, but I could make a max of around $10k if it's above $5.50 at the end of the week. That would be a big shot in the arm this early in the new trading year. It would have to drop to around $3.25 before I went negative on my positions.

Starting to get antsy on it. Close the positions early for a double, or wait it out for a home run?

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Thanks to all of you that brought it up. It and the wallstreetbets stuff wasn't really on my radar. I'm well hedged, so my gains are limited, but I could make a max of around $10k if it's above $5.50 at the end of the week. That would be a big shot in the arm this early in the new trading year. It would have to drop to around $3.25 before I went negative on my positions.
Starting to get antsy on it. Close the positions early for a double, or wait it out for a home run?

My position is nearly identical, but I cap out at 7 at end of the week.

#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Lot of that going around these days. I don’t regret selling GME where I did, but it is crazy where it is today. I don’t think it lasts.
Hey isochronic_frost, glad that RKT woke up for you. I still have 3,750 shares left. Let’s see what happens.

How humorous, after the debacle yesterday, RKT pops off to mock me!
Well, I’m in the money now, so thanks for that too, DBLM
I greatly apologize for being cocky while knowing so little.

Dunno if anyone has watched ADMP. Recommended them at 42¢ and they’re at $1.78 now... ridiculous money on what looked like a junk stock. They partnered with Walgreens out of NOWHERE.

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I have never done a hedge so can't give you guidance there.

Personally, I am looking to see what happens in the 6-7 range and will make some decisions there. This is purely a momentum play so you have to make decisions on the fly. I can tell you from experience with GME these types of plays can rip, and my sell positions starting going too fast. If I manually made the calls I could have made a lot more money.

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How humorous, after the debacle yesterday, RKT pops off to mock me!
Well, I’m in the money now, so thanks for that too, dblm
I greatly apologize for being cocky while knowing so little.
Dunno if anyone has watched ADMP. Recommended them at 62¢ and they’re at $1.78 now... ridiculous money on what looked like a junk stock. They partnered with Walgreens out of NOWHERE.

It's all good. Glad you are green!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/144?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.