IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 420.
#7051 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I dunno, they are ripe for bankruptcy or getting bought out. It's dirt cheap, but do they have a chance of recovering if movie theaters are closed for another 6-12 months? In 12 months even if the pandemic is mostly over, will people want to sit in packed theaters? They got a 100 million cash infusion a few days ago and got a bump, but what are they going to do with it?

That’s what I think, the industry is hurt right now, and has opportunity to grow and flourish. I mean when the pandemic is over, I think people will miss the escapism of going to the movies and revisit... it’s also accessible and economical night out. I think after Covid, people are going to want to spend their money on experiences. Sure the world is going digital with streaming, but people will want to get out of the house. I also think maybe key cruise ship companies fit this criteria. It’s more of a case that I think lots of other stocks are overpriced, the value is in companies like this.

#7052 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Do you have to be a broker to have access to the short information?

https://www.highshortinterest.com/

#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That's exactly what it is, it's terrible. I'm using it only to see where 2 million people are all putting their money each week because currently they have enough of an investment army to push a stock's price up significantly.

It paid off for anyone that bought GME!!!

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That’s what I think, the industry is hurt right now, and has opportunity to grow and flourish. I mean when the pandemic is over, I think people will miss the escapism of going to the movies and revisit... it’s also accessible and economical night out. I think after Covid, people are going to want to spend their money on experiences. Sure the world is going digital with streaming, but people will want to get out of the house. I also think maybe key cruise ship companies fit this criteria. It’s more of a case that I think lots of other stocks are overpriced, the value is in companies like this.

The industry at least in the AMC markets was dying already long before covid. Very few movies make the kind of money they want them to make. The world is moving to streaming, and as with all past changes in the market, the entertainment industry is stuck decades behind kicking and screaming.

#7055 3 years ago

AMC might be a good short term play though because of it's low cost and it has an uptick of interest with the reddit crowd. One of my Amazon friends casually mentioned during poker last week that there has been office talk about Amazon possibly trying to buy AMC and revamping the theater model. I couldn't tell if it was real talk or just people fantasizing about the possibility (there is a beautiful AMC theater in Seattle called the Cinerama that seems to be permanently closing and people are looking at ways to save it). It's had a ton of action since Tuesday.

#7056 3 years ago

Blackberry has pushed to over $15 in after hours trading, up about 35% in the past week.

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Blackberry has pushed to over $15 in after hours trading, up about 35% in the past week.

I bought some this morning.. Company seems to be undervalued.

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I bought some this morning.. Company seems to be undervalued.

I opened a small position just to be part of the possible short squeeze Reddit fun. By small I mean $100 lol.

#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Let's be honest here... what are stocks actually? They are "currency" in a given company. Just because a company issues stock doesn't mean it's safe, nor does it make it any more legitimate than a crypto currency designed to solve the massive inefficiencies with the current global currency exchange via banks. In fact Janet Yellen came out in support of crypto currency this week (while noting its illicit uses as well, which, if you want to be honest, happens with stocks all the time in many forms of white collar crime. I've seen plenty of this first hand, but those are stories for another day).
And when it comes down to it, all the technical indicators that apply to trading stocks apply the same to crypto. And let's not forget those people who make a living trading fiat currencies, or commodities, or bonds, or the fact that there are plenty of NYSE and NASDAQ stocks and funds that are directly related to crypto currency. So honestly while I support the desires of people in this thread to want crypto discussion elsewhere, I'll also argue trading crypto isn't different enough from stock trading to lay down a blanket ban from this thread... just a gentle nudge into the bitcoin/crypto thread should suffice.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me

This is not a good analogy.

Stock represents fractional ownership in a company. It's not currency in any sense of the word.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I opened a small position just to be part of the possible short squeeze Reddit fun. By small I mean $100 lol.

Had a bunch in BB beginning of 2020. Bought every stock I could in march.. Sold everything at the beginning of September. What a mistake. Sold property too, ready for the next crash.. if it happens. Apparently Israel is having data issues with the vaccine, mutant Covid might be an issue. Reading every news network possible, trying to keep on top of it... And super glad I sold TC energy, looks like the war on oil started, Keystone XL is donsky. 60,000 jobs, plus 120,000 Tx jobs lost, double that would have been created.
Were at $4.50 a gallon now, mostly tax. And China and India get to do whatever they want with pollution. What is that, like 3 billion people? Crazy world.

#7061 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I mean when the pandemic is over, I think people will miss the escapism of going to the movies and revisit

I'm hearing murmuring of certain Cities re-opening wether its over or not. Especially New York and California. It will probably happen sooner than we think, how they intend to do it is unknown.
Theatres are a dedicated destination that brings Business to everything around them.

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm hearing murmuring of certain Cities re-opening wether its over or not. Especially New York and California. It will probably happen sooner than we think, how they intend to do it is unknown.
Theatres are a dedicated destination that brings Business to everything around them.

#7064 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm guessing things won't quite return to the before days as the pandemic is finally brought under control. With theaters, while people were stuck at home, they set up home theaters, bought huge 4K TVs, set up screens in their backyards for distanced movie nights, streaming services flourished, and first run movies began to be released on Amazon. People may feel safer and more comfortable at home and the model for delivering new movies may have permanently changed to some degree.

In other sectors too... with smaller businesses closed or having limited hours and people choosing to staying home, they've relied on the big box stores and online retailers way more. Will they go back to shopping locally or stick with Amazon, Walmart and Target deliveries? And if people do go back to doing things in person as much as they did before, how will that effect the big retailers and delivery services that have big profits during the pandemic? The opening back up of the economy with the vaccine will still likely leave us with a shopping, working and entertainment model that will be forever changed. This in turn may mean different investment strategies.

#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What was smart and outside of the box with that post? How did it help your investment strategy? I think a couple yahoos hopped on an investment thread to complain about politics, where the rest of us are here for Ice's hot tips and discussing our investment strategies, failures and successes.
During the dip Friday I bought more PINS, NIO, PLTR, PSTH and threw 1K at BB because the Reddit kids that hyped GME into massive gains are setting their sights on BB and PLTR next. Also picked up more crypto with ETH. I'm curious as to what Phil-lee and Lamberger are investing in, rather than their politics. What are your moves right now if you are more doom and gloom?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/rv-sales-soar-during-pandemic-travel-road-trip

doing well,

Winnebago Industries (NYSE:WGO)
Thor Industries (NYSE:THO)
Camping World Holdings (NYSE:CWH)
Patrick Industries (NASDAQ:PATK)
LCI Industries (NYSE:LCII)

thank you

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm guessing things won't quite return to the before days as the pandemic is finally brought under control. With theaters, while people were stuck at home, they set up home theaters, bought huge 4K TVs, set up screens in their backyards for distanced movie nights, streaming services flourished, and first run movies began to be released on Amazon. People may feel safer and more comfortable at home and the model for delivering new movies may have permanently changed to some degree.
In other sectors too... with smaller businesses closed or having limited hours and people choosing to staying home, they've relied on the big box stores and online retailers way more. Will they go back to shopping locally or stick with Amazon, Walmart and Target deliveries? And if people do go back to doing things in person as much as they did before, how will that effect the big retailers and delivery services that have big profits during the pandemic? The opening back up of the economy with the vaccine will still likely leave us with a shopping, working and entertainment model that will be forever changed. This in turn may mean different investment strategies.

Add Illinois to those murmurings.
New content will be choked off to encourage a return to exclusive new runs. As to what people will do look at North Dakota and Florida, those States are booming. Both have lax enforcement and are seeing people flood into their areas to enjoy normalcy.

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

New content will be choked off to encourage a return to exclusive new runs. As to what people will do look at North Dakota and Florida, those States are booming. Both have lax enforcement and are seeing people flood into their areas to enjoy normalcy.

Where are you seeing this data? I did a quick search:
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/11/17/economists-forecast-bleak-economic-outlook-for-nd/

Florida seems better, but certainly not booming:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/pandemic-uncertainty-shades-cautiously-optimistic-2021-outlook-in-florida

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Per WBBM Newsradio 780, restaurants and bars "that don't serve food but must partner up with a restaurant that will deliver food there" can reopen with 25% seating immediately.

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Per WBBM Newsradio 780, restaurants and bars "that don't serve food but must partner up with a restaurant that will deliver food there" can reopen with 25% seating immediately.

Gyms and hairdressers too....

#7070 3 years ago

I feel like this is turning into the Coronavirus thread, rather than the Market Traders thread Bars and restaurants have always remained open in my state, but eating and drinking is only outside. So they've built a lot of outdoor areas, heat lamps, fire pits, etc. And the city of Seattle has loosened a lot of business rules to let businesses build temporary outdoor areas on the sidewalks and into the parking strips, even closing some roads or making them one way to allow businesses to temporarily expand into the street with outdoor seating areas. It's cold, but safer enough that people do frequent these businesses. I'm sitting around 2 firepits and a propane heater tonight with friends drinking beers 6 feet apart, ya do what ya gotta do. But that's not a sustainable model for businesses long term, and just because places are open, doesn't mean the customers will come back. That's what all my restaurant owner friends say, people won't come back until they feel safe. So for things like theaters, I think they are going to be hurting for quite some time.

#7071 3 years ago

United Van Lines ranked SD as the 4th most popular destination for Americans moving across State lines.

#7072 3 years ago

Too close not to share

Last round comeback

1EAD6D5A-817E-46BC-AC43-4DCB25A768ED (resized).png1EAD6D5A-817E-46BC-AC43-4DCB25A768ED (resized).png
#7073 3 years ago

Speaking of reopening plays, I bought Callaway golf a few months ago and it’s been pumping since. Apparently golf gained a bunch of popularity during the lockdowns and with the merging of top golf who knows, this stock may have more future upside.

#7074 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

AMC might be a good short term play though because of it's low cost and it has an uptick of interest with the reddit crowd. One of my Amazon friends casually mentioned during poker last week that there has been office talk about Amazon possibly trying to buy AMC and revamping the theater model. I couldn't tell if it was real talk or just people fantasizing about the possibility (there is a beautiful AMC theater in Seattle called the Cinerama that seems to be permanently closing and people are looking at ways to save it). It's had a ton of action since Tuesday.

Every time we go to the movies (about 3 times a year) I get reminded why we only go 3 times a year

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ok, so I am not Iceman, but I did bring PLTR, RKT, C3.AI, Lancadia, and a few others to this party. My professional life revolves around selling very complex analytics and data fabric solutions to the largest entities in the US. This area is going to be huge under the Biden administration. You will have UIpath IPOing this first quarter and Databricks (alledgedly) IPOing this year. I would add those to your lists.
Happy hunting!

So I can blame you for RKT being one of my only losers? That stock has just waffled ever since I bought in! RKT seems to have little to no future potential

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Every time we go to the movies (about 3 times a year) I get reminded why we only go 3 times a year

What?! I went the second New York theaters reopened! I’ve been 3 times since last month. Movie theaters are awesome. Home theaters suck. I’ve been to friends with incredible ones. Huge 10 foot projectors and theater seating and a surround system. Lame. It’s a bigass room in your house that’s wasted for maybe 3 hours of use twice a month?

Nope. Could be a gameroom, or an office, or a workshop with actual utility. Home theaters are always inferior to movie theaters and as such why bother chasing that when you can get the membership and spend like $5 to get an exponentially better experience.

Side note: NatGeo said what I predicted back in April 2020 “covid isn’t going away. We have to live with it now” same with mutations that have been known about since May. https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2021/01/covid-19-will-likely-be-with-us-forever-heres-how-well-live-with-it

But they say the flu is now extinct even though that was supposedly never going to be beaten.
If you really choose to believe this kind of media doomer drivel even though it was known about A YEAR AGO. Then I wouldn’t recommend being in stocks either.

#7076 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

So I can blame you for RKT being one of my only losers? That stock has just waffled ever since I bought in! RKT seems to have little to no future potential

No blame yourself. No one will give any stock picks to a group of mostly strangers here if they will get messaged back “hey thanks a lot of that loser pick!” later on.

But on the flip side if you bought a winner that was mentioned here give yourself credit. It’s all on us of what we click and buy or sell.

#7077 3 years ago

What?! I went the second New York theaters reopened! I’ve been 3 times since last month. Movie theaters are awesome. Home theaters suck. I’ve been to friends with incredible ones. Huge 10 foot projectors and theater seating and a surround system. Lame. It’s a bigass room in your house that’s wasted for maybe 3 hours of use twice a month?
Nope. Could be a gameroom, or an office, or a workshop with actual utility. Home theaters are always inferior to movie theaters and as such why bother chasing that when you can get the membership and spend like $5 to get an exponentially better experience.
Side note: NatGeo said what I predicted back in April 2020 “covid isn’t going away. We have to live with it now” same with mutations that have been known about since May. https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2021/01/covid-19-will-likely-be-with-us-forever-heres-how-well-live-with-it
But they say the flu is now extinct even though that was supposedly never going to be beaten.
If you really choose to believe this kind of media doomer drivel even though it was known about A YEAR AGO. Then I wouldn’t recommend being in stocks either.

I made tons of money when I bought at 18 and sold in the 30’s. If you are going to ride with me you have to be fast and keep on top of things. Did you do your diligence?

Some free but direct advice. You strike me as being a guy that does not know much about the markets but wants to come off as a player. You have a Robinhood mentality with all of your hodl memes and frankly some dodgy opinions on equity markets. I get that you love crypto. I would recommend that you go and learn more about the equity markets or stay with something you are more familiar with, like crypto.

#7078 3 years ago

What?! I went the second New York theaters reopened! I’ve been 3 times since last month. Movie theaters are awesome. Home theaters suck.

I think you are falling into that thing where one thinks "I love doing ____ and feel safe doing it, so everyone else does or should too!" Frankly I'm surprised theaters are open in New York, they are still closed in many states. Even those that are open don't have very many customers because people don't feel safe in them.

This is a news story from Friday about how low attendance is at one AMC theater:
https://news.yahoo.com/movie-theaters-open-people-going-042707187.html

It's likely a bunch of theaters will never reopen, and those that do, won't get their crowds of customers back for years, if ever. The economy and businesses will be forever changed by this pandemic.

#7079 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

No blame yourself. No one will give any stock picks to a group of mostly strangers here if they will get messaged back “hey thanks a lot of that loser pick!” later on.
But on the flip side if you bought a winner that was mentioned here give yourself credit. It’s all on us of what we click and buy or sell.

Quoted from DBLM:

I made tons of money when I bought at 18 and sold in the 30’s. If you are going to ride with me you have to be fast and keep on top of things. Did you do your diligence?
Some free but direct advice. You strike me as being a guy that does not know much about the markets but wants to come off as a player. You have a Robinhood mentality with all of your hodl memes and frankly some dodgy opinions on equity markets. I get that you love crypto. I would recommend that you go and learn more about the equity markets or stay with something you are more familiar with, like crypto.

I don’t care either way and was just joking since Iceman was the first person in this thread to mention PLTR. Then you chimed in trying to say you alerted us to the “winners” so I joked since when you recommended RKT it was at $21 and it’s stayed in a $2 range.
RKT was in the 30s only 2 days in September a month after the IPO and has been relatively flat since. You recommended it once at IPO and then 2 months later in the $26+ range so keep blowing smoke, I guess. Lotta big talk but failure to own up to any bad calls. I didn’t buy in that high, and I’m just holding on to see where it goes but it’s pretty flat. Feel bad for those guys you pumped it to at 28 bucks. Typical of the market and why we face a major stock crash every day decade.

To each, his own. I really flubbed this one.

#7080 3 years ago

PNNT, PSEC and PLUG along with Delta and Southwest have been my big winners. Up 55% on airlines. 154% on the first two and PLUG has just been stupid with its growth. Bought in on that when it was 12 bucks.
For energy stocks KMI has treated me well and been a real tank, chugging along with reliable tips to buy even more. My first ever buy was WPX who merged with DVN and I’ve been happy with that so far. My shares from WPX had an average cost of $4 and DVN trades for 19 a pop. Coming down from the frenzy of the merger but I’m buying more.

#7081 3 years ago

I don’t care either way and was just joking since Iceman was the first person in this thread to mention PLTR. Then you chimed in trying to say you alerted us to the “winners” so I joked since when you recommended RKT it was at $21 and it’s stayed in a $2 range.
RKT was in the 30s only 2 days in September a month after the IPO and has been relatively flat since. You recommended it once at IPO and then 2 months later in the $26+ range so keep blowing smoke, I guess. Lotta big talk but failure to own up to any bad calls. I didn’t buy in that high, and I’m just holding on to see where it goes but it’s pretty flat. Feel bad for those guys you pumped it to at 28 bucks. Typical of the market and why we face a major stock crash every day decade.
To each, his own.

Here is the screenshot of the very first mention of the stock Palantir in the entire forum, made by me. You can go look up all the other ones too. I take no credit for anything I didn't bring to the table.

As for RKT, there are numerous postings I made when I bought, sold, bought more, and traded. I can't help it that you can not do your diligence on stocks and that you fail at basic reading comprehension.

Also, there is a whole post that I put up sometime in November about my winners and losers.

Palantir (resized).pngPalantir (resized).png

#7082 3 years ago

My winners and losers

bad trades (resized).pngbad trades (resized).pnggood trades (resized).pnggood trades (resized).png

#7083 3 years ago

Easy guys, were all here to help each other and make some Money! Gonna be winners and losers.

#7084 3 years ago

Guys
There is a one in a lifetime (maybe) short squeeze happening with gme. The play is based completely on the technicalities of this trade (shares outstanding needs to cover open positions and shorts) - although many people are bullish on GameStop since Ryan Cohen took over as ceo, this play really has nothing to do with the company. As of Friday, literally every available call strike price was in the money. I think that’s the first time in history that has happened.

For those with an interest and tolerance for risk, it’s an opportunity to make huge short term $ (or possibly lose whatever you put in). The play is to simply buy shares and hang on. Don’t need to mess with options (although you certainly can play the weekly if you’re into that).

I’m going in with a moderate position because the risk/reward is ok for me. I’m hoping to make enough to fund one cirqus Voltaire and one Deadpool premium (if you’re selling one of these in the northeast ping me!). Share price is about $65 as of Friday, some analysis is showing a green candle to $1000. Monday extended hours could be interesting...

Just alerting you guys in case this type of thing is interesting. And if you don’t touch this with a 20 foot pole, that’s a totally justifiable and smart position.

Here’s a thread to explain more: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l3eq11/gme_infinite_gamma_squeeze_explained/

Good luck to all!

#7085 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey dipshit, why don't you stop while you are still behind. Here is the screenshot of the very first mention of the stock Palantir in the entire forum, made by me. You can go look up all the other ones too. I take no credit for anything I didn't bring to the table.
As for RKT, there are numerous postings I made when I bought, sold, bought more, and traded. I can't help it that you can not do your diligence on stocks and that you fail at basic reading comprehension.
Also, there is a whole post that I put up sometime in November about my winners and losers. I got nothing to hide, and sure as shit not here to try impress you.
Anything else you want to fail on today, slick?
[quoted image]

Well that was a bad call, I really did miss that one. Apologies and thanks for recommending PLTR, it’s done well for me. I really mixed up you and Ice on that one. That’s embarrassing...

#7086 3 years ago

Well that was a bad call, I really did miss that one. Apologies and thanks for recommending PLTR, it’s done well for me. I really mixed up you and Ice on that one. That’s embarrassing...

All good.

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Guys
There is a one in a lifetime (maybe) short squeeze happening with gme. The play is based completely on the technicalities of this trade (shares outstanding needs to cover open positions and shorts) - although many people are bullish on GameStop since Ryan Cohen took over as ceo, this play really has nothing to do with the company. As of Friday, literally every available call strike price was in the money. I think that’s the first time in history that has happened.
For those with an interest and tolerance for risk, it’s an opportunity to make huge short term $ (or possibly lose whatever you put in). The play is to simply buy shares and hang on. Don’t need to mess with options (although you certainly can play the weekly if you’re into that).
I’m going in with a moderate position because the risk/reward is ok for me. I’m hoping to make enough to fund one cirqus Voltaire and one Deadpool premium (if you’re selling one of these in the northeast ping me!). Share price is about $65 as of Friday, some analysis is showing a green candle to $1000. Monday extended hours could be interesting...
Just alerting you guys in case this type of thing is interesting. And if you don’t touch this with a 20 foot pole, that’s a totally justifiable and smart position.
Here’s a thread to explain more: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l3eq11/gme_infinite_gamma_squeeze_explained/
Good luck to all!

Be careful with this. I bought 1,000 shares the week before and exited it at various prices on Friday. You can go back and look at my posts. I took a 48% profit and walked, rolling it into AMC. Most of the charts that you are referring to are meme ones. I have seen most people thinking this could get around a hundred or so based upon technicals and fmv. I think you are going to see some violent moves up and down this week, so I am just going to chill a little to see what happens. Regardless, GME is not currently a great investment but that does not have anything to do with if it can money. Same goes with AMC, but some of the same mechanics behind GME are at play with this stock as well.

#7088 3 years ago

I think if you weren't in on GME last week or so you missed the boat. The main short has walked away at least according a few news articles I read regarding the run up.

#7089 3 years ago

Planning to buy my first pinball machine later this week, also plan to get much heavier into the stock market due to a move that increases my living space and frees income. Wasn't expecting a decent stock thread on a pinball forum.

Still working on where to put my money. But it's definitely a focus on those stocks that are relatively low, no interest in the stocks that went up like crazy the last 4 years.

That wsb reddit is hilarious, but there are some intelligent people mixed in with the people that clearly only own a handful of shares. While it may run up more it will surely be a boat missed by end of next week.

Currently cineplex, bb, air canada, amc have my interest. But still doing my dd.

Plan is to spread out small investments, leaving enough free cash to buy when necessary. Main issue I had the last time I had a lot of money to invest was investing too high a percentage of my money, leaving no room to do anything else.

#7090 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Be careful with this. I bought 1,000 shares the week before and exited it at various prices on Friday. You can go back and look at my posts. I took a 48% profit and walked, rolling it into AMC. Most of the charts that you are referring to are meme ones. I have seen most people thinking this could get around a hundred or so based upon technicals and fmv. I think you are going to see some violent moves up and down this week, so I am just going to chill a little to see what happens. Regardless, GME is not currently a great investment but that does not have anything to do with if it can money. Same goes with AMC, but some of the same mechanics behind GME are at play with this stock as well.

This could be 100% correct.

My thinking with shares is at the current share price, gme is probably reasonably valued. So huge low probability upside with limited downside.

It’s a gamble for sure. But it will be entertaining.

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

My thinking with shares is at the current share price, gme is probably reasonably valued. So huge low probability upside with limited downside.

How are they reasonably valued now when the stock is the highest since 2007, but sales and earnings are a fraction of what they were in 2007?

#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I think it is overvalued a little bit bit the digital transformations they are making do have a lot of value. My fear is what Zablon said and people are rotating out. People screaming diamond hands and the like have like 4 or 5 shares. Lots of calls, very few shares owned. This only holds until profit taking comes in or shorts inject more money in to drop the price. I don’t know when, but this thing will crash at some point. My dinky 1000 share were nothing, but it did make a good profit.

AMC is a shitty trade as well, but I think I can make some quick money. For these plays you go to get in and out. Some are going to have astronomical wins, but a lot can have crushing loses.

#7093 3 years ago

Could be a big week

01996338-8AAF-401B-9B3B-79D8A505CB37 (resized).png01996338-8AAF-401B-9B3B-79D8A505CB37 (resized).png
#7094 3 years ago

Question for you guys. I moved out of a US growth cap income fund to a fund with dividend paying stocks only.

My thought was to minimize risk over the next year or so. I’m long on it, it’s in my SEPIRA, it’s about 100k worth of stock.

Was it a smart move? Or should I switch back?

#7095 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

How are they reasonably valued now when the stock is the highest since 2007, but sales and earnings are a fraction of what they were in 2007?

New leadership, new board of directors, and digital transformation, plus they could/should be pulled by the giant, expanding beast that is the video game industry...they’re bigger than Hollywood now.

Probably should have taken 12 months to get to current levels instead of 1. But current price isn’t crazy.

Anyway...DBLM is probably right but I’m gonna go for it anyway. I made 10k on daily and weekly calls last week so I’m playing with house money. I would never bet anything I couldn’t afford to lose on this, unlike many of the wsb psychopaths that are literally betting all of their student loan money or buying shares and calls on margin (not a great plan under any circumstances imo).

Buy shares if you feel like it! THIS IS NOT INVESTING ADVICE and I am an idiot so you should not listen to me.

#7096 3 years ago

Could there be an anti-YOLO trade where r/wsb gets in and pumps things up way higher then they should be and then you buy puts as it settles? Implied volatility would make the puts more expensive than a normal day, but maybe there is something to be done.

#7097 3 years ago

Daily reader. 1 or 2 times a year poster in this group.
Anyone trying to figure out where to start- Sign up for Motley Fool. If you wait long enough they’ll drop a sub down to $50/yr
It’s been a game changer for my portfolio. I’m about 1/2 individual stocks and 1/2 vanguard ETFs
Motley turned me on to Zoom, trade desk, Shopify in 2018. Big 2020 standout is Fiverr - which is hilarious cause my dad was struggling to find a job post 2009 crisis and I told him he needed a prof resume writer. He found 1 on fiver and $100 later he had a beautiful resume and a great job.
I’ve never bought any of their “premium” for lack of a better word - stuff. Would love to hear how some of those $200-500 a year subs they offer actually pay off.

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Could there be an anti-YOLO trade where r/wsb gets in and pumps things up way higher then they should be and then you buy puts as it settles? Implied volatility would make the puts more expensive than a normal day, but maybe there is something to be done.

I think playing the volatility is an order of magnitude more insane than the already insane base play.

Also. +1 for motley fool.

#7099 3 years ago

There they go again. GME and AMC up 40% in the premarket. BB up 33%.

#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

There they go again. GME and AMC up 40% in the premarket. BB up 33%.

My question is when do you
Pull the rip cord on blackberry and AMC?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/142?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.