IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 417.
#6951 3 years ago

All right you guys talked me into jumping on a few trains - bought some PINS and PSTH today. SNAP and FSLY were up too much today to jump in. Will be loading up on energy and maybe some uranium miners after my TSP cash hits etrade.

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is it uncommon for 401k funds to pay a dividend? I have a real estate index fund option VGSNX. In my Fidelity account for my 401k I can’t find any information on yield or dividends. If I look VGSNX up in my personal E*TRADE account it says it has a 3.95 yield.
I’m not really interested in buying into it, just curious if dividends in 401k’s are a thing and how they work. I guess if they were a thing it would be important to designate where the div goes, and set up a DRIP if you aren’t going to stay on top of it.
Edit: I did find the info in Fidelity on dividend history for the fund. So it is a thing, but I’d still like some commentary if anyone has any dividend in 401k input.

If I remember right you can choose to take them in cash or convert to additional shares. shouldn't matter what account they are in.

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If I remember right you can choose to take them in cash or convert to additional shares. shouldn't matter what account they are in.

Yup, that's how my work Fidelity account works with Index funds with dividends and I roll them right back in to additional shares.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is it uncommon for 401k funds to pay a dividend? I have a real estate index fund option VGSNX. In my Fidelity account for my 401k I can’t find any information on yield or dividends. If I look VGSNX up in my personal E*TRADE account it says it has a 3.95 yield.
I’m not really interested in buying into it, just curious if dividends in 401k’s are a thing and how they work. I guess if they were a thing it would be important to designate where the div goes, and set up a DRIP if you aren’t going to stay on top of it.
Edit: I did find the info in Fidelity on dividend history for the fund. So it is a thing, but I’d still like some commentary if anyone has any dividend in 401k input.

That is a great Real Estate fund

I would have a % of my 401k in it right now.

5-15%

4% div yield. Set it to reinvest dividends and you are good to go!

#6955 3 years ago

How about that great big beautiful APPLE today!

I mean it’s our largest holding and I just take the beast for granted.

So much coming down the road, creating more monthly revenue streams in that massive installed user base

Plus you get a 5-6% yield on top of it all with the tiny dividend and massive stock buyback program.

Wow

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Boats are hard to come by at all price points. Check out Brunswick, who owns Sea Ray and Bayliner. Just anecdotally, it was near impossible to find cruising boats on this part of the Chesapeake Bay late last summer in the 100-400K range. That would be a used 27 footer to a new 37 footer roughly. My understanding is that a lot of the boats for this season are already spoken for. I am assuming fishing boats are a hot commodity as well.

been shopping since the fall,
Found a nice Scout, but he got got a dozen offers and sold it before i could even see it

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

been shopping since the fall,
Found a nice Scout, but he got got a dozen offers and sold it before i could even see it

Damn. I think as we get closer to spring they are going to be even harder to find. From talk with the marina today it is at all price ranges, including the big boy boats. I can sell my boat for what I have in it but the problem is getting something comparable is even more now, with a waiting list.

#6958 3 years ago

Advice needed:

If i have $1000 to invest today (I know...chump change), what stocks would you buy?

I am looking or recommendations.

#6959 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Advice needed:
If i have $1000 to invest today (I know...chump change), what stocks would you buy?

Whatever it is - if you pay transaction fees - make sure it is for a longer term not a quick flip.

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Advice needed:

Long term?

Make sure you have Schwab or TD or one of the others with zero trading costs

Aggressive? I would split between PINS, NET, PYPL, QCOM and VWO

Or you could split it between the ARK etfs

Conservative? EPD, MAR, etc

#6961 3 years ago

GME is going nuts in the after hours. Anybody else in of this short squeeze?

B13320F7-796B-4D97-B56B-F465037E31D0 (resized).jpegB13320F7-796B-4D97-B56B-F465037E31D0 (resized).jpeg
#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

GME is going nuts in the after hours. Anybody else in of this short squeeze?[quoted image]

Wish I had

#6963 3 years ago

Wish I bought more. Bought a thousand shares last week. Looks like tomorrow the shorts are going to get punted more.

#6964 3 years ago

How is GME not bankrupt by now?? lol. Crazy stuff.

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are actually doing pretty well. Chewy founder just got 3 board seats. Getting ready to transform its business. Seaking alpha had an article today that book price should be over 100 bucks.

And oh yeah, there is more short interest than shares available. Massive short squeeze going on.

I do not advocate anybody investing in this. This is naked gambling and riding the lightning. But it sure is fun!

#6966 3 years ago

Bitcoin down 15%

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Bitcoin down 15%

Hope nobody jumped in when it was 40K+

#6968 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Hope nobody jumped in when it was 40K+

Anyone that did won't admit it here.....

#6969 3 years ago

I seriously kept considering jumping in BTC when it hit 30-31, but couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger. We all know it will go back up, eventually...the question is how far will it fall before it does.

#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Bitcoin down 15%

Ms Yellen has given hints there may regulation in store for Bitcoin. The Market types like to price things in before they actually occur, nobody wants to be left holding the..wallet.

#6971 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I seriously kept considering jumping in BTC when it hit 30-31, but couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger. We all know it will go back up, eventually...the question is how far will it fall before it does.

I added a tiny bit a couple hours ago while it was in the high 29’s.

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

GME is going nuts in the after hours. Anybody else in of this short squeeze?[quoted image]

I wasn't confident enough in the plan when I saw it getting hyped and it was around $20. I shoulda jumped.

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Advice needed:

IVW or SKYY for long term buy and hold.

#6974 3 years ago

I have been buying Ethereum. Added $1500.00 today when it was down 15%. It goes up, it goes down, but trending up still. Could not sit on the sidelines anymore.

#6975 3 years ago

Does anyone know anything about IPOE?

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Long term?
Aggressive? I would split between PINS, NET, PYPL, QCOM and VWO
Or you could split it between the ARK etfs

This is solid advice, I'd add DRIV etf, it's gone up 25% since I bought it at the beginning of December. I bought PINS after my friends and Ice kept hyping it, it's been slow and steadily increasing.

#6977 3 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Looking for ideas on where to put my ROTH contribution this year. Not an active trader, looking to buy and hold for 5-10yrs, if not longer.

VOO, IVW, SKYY

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have been buying Ethereum. Added $1500.00 today when it was down 15%. It goes up, it goes down, but trending up still. Could not sit on the sidelines anymore.

It's a bumpy ride but I bought more today too. If it follows the recent pattern, Thursday is the worst day of the week, then it starts climbing again for a week, each week getting a little higher. But the epic swings are not for the faint of heart unless you've been sitting on the coins for a while.

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

They are actually doing pretty well. Chewy founder just got 3 board seats. Getting ready to transform its business. Seaking alpha had an article today that book price should be over 100 bucks.
And oh yeah, there is more short interest than shares available. Massive short squeeze going on.
I do not advocate anybody investing in this. This is naked gambling and riding the lightning. But it sure is fun!

Are you following along during the day on WSB? Those guys are nuts! But it's fun energy. Since I figured I was too late for for the GME squeeze, I bought a bunch of BB since that's the next target. I figure if the squeeze hits big and makes a bunch of people rich, as they sell they are going to move it all into BB. I'm primed for that. But still a total gamble that it all executes how people hope it does.

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Are you following along during the day on WSB? Those guys are nuts! But it's fun energy. Since I figured I was too late for for the GME squeeze, I bought a bunch of BB since that's the next target. I figure if the squeeze hits big and makes a bunch of people rich, as they sell they are going to move it all into BB. I'm primed for that. But still a total gamble that it all executes how people hope it does.

Might even be too late for BB.

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I bought it a week ago, I'm up 22%, I think it's going to follow a crazy path like GME as a Reddit meme stock, but I guess we will see.

#6982 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Just a little. They say some funny shit. Lots of call action over there but you have people that do own the shares in a big way. GME could last a while since the short interests was something absurd like 140%. With such a small float of shares this is getting interesting. The after hour rise was very unusual. This thing could rocket tomorrow.

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just a little. They say some funny shit. Lots of call action over there but you have people that do own the shares in a big way. GME could last a while since the short interests was something absurd like 140%. With such a small float of shares this is getting interesting. The after hour rise was very unusual. This thing could rocket tomorrow.

I wonder if AMC might be worth investing in.

#6984 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if AMC might be worth investing in.

I dunno, they are ripe for bankruptcy or getting bought out. It's dirt cheap, but do they have a chance of recovering if movie theaters are closed for another 6-12 months? In 12 months even if the pandemic is mostly over, will people want to sit in packed theaters? They got a 100 million cash infusion a few days ago and got a bump, but what are they going to do with it?

#6985 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Same. Made sure I snagged 2 $ETH today while the price was sub-$1200.

With 15% going in my Roth IRA and cryptos keeping a steady trend up, I am only looking at blue chips (Apple, Intel, etc) or growths (FB, Amazon, Netflix) now.

Although I am "gambling" with some speculative stocks (mostly Tesla and NIO).

#6986 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Story, hype, short squeeze which is causing panic buying as well as panic buying from longs who are afraid of missing a bigger move.

All indicators that the stock is running it's final moves here. I'd expect an exhaustion gap up in the next session or two followed by panic selling when everyone realizes the momo train has came to a stop. The $50 area could be a level to watch. I'd buy a ton of puts but the IV has made the premiums so inflated it's not worth it. I'm happy spectating though

#6987 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I don’t think so.

Agree it’s a meme stock, but it’s a profitable business positioned well in growing industries. I’d say jump in. I have shares and 6 month calls. But it’s definitely riskier than Apple.

#6988 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I added a tiny bit a couple hours ago while it was in the high 29’s.

I grabbed some more SNX and GRT when it was down. I wanted to grab some more DOT and UNI, but didn't have the extra cash.

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Damn. I think as we get closer to spring they are going to be even harder to find. From talk with the marina today it is at all price ranges, including the big boy boats. I can sell my boat for what I have in it but the problem is getting something comparable is even more now, with a waiting list.

My friend has a nice regulator that i go fishing on all the time, so I am ok if I don't find something

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

My friend has a nice regulator that i go fishing on all the time, so I am ok if I don't find something

You can always drive down 2 and I will take you out. My Formula is not rigged for fishing but we can throw out a line.

Regulators are sweet! I did not realize how pricey they are. Just played around with the configurator a little and a 31 footer is around 350K and a 34 footer is around 450K. My understanding is that they are about as well made as you can get for that type of boat.

#6991 3 years ago

I was just reading WSB and the whole GME thing is hilarious. I think I might put a little in there and see what happens.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still money to be made. Government will try to regulate bitcoin but it’s impossible. If you’re smart you’ll learn how to interact directly on the chain without these exchanges that love giving the government all your information.

If it’s not considered currency by our government and it’s not a security in their eyes then why do they think they can get a cut? If you’re gonna have your cake and eat it then you have to admit it’s a currency and the price will go sky high.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

As ETH 2.0 starts getting recognized by the masses and people wake up to the incredible utility of Smart Contracts we will see an explosive growth of ETH.
Very excited for it!

Side note, I really had a good laugh at getting called a boomer. I am almost guaranteed to be 2 decades their junior.
I’m here because I wanna have good investments for later in life, and because I love pinball.
Those seem to go well together!

#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

How exactly does this work? Do you buy Ethereum (ETH-USD) then have to mine? Or purchase this and it fluctuates like any stock, up and down for gain or loss?
Sorry for such a basic question but have I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

How exactly does this work? Do you buy Ethereum (ETH-USD) then have to mine? Or purchase this and it fluctuates like any stock, up and down for gain or loss?
Sorry for such a basic question but I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Sorry for such a basic question but have I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

The second part you guessed is correct. You are buying crypto that has already been mined, it is yours now. So you buy it and then if fluctuates lake any stock and you can sell at any time to collect your gains or losses.

#6996 3 years ago

You

Quoted from loren3233:

I buy it through coinbase.com. Got a link from another insider and each person gets $10 credit for new person to sign up. I can PM you the link if you decide you are interested and we both get $10. It's not much but it free money.

Let me know

#6997 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

The second part you guessed is correct. You are buying crypto that has already been mined, it is yours now. So you buy it and then if fluctuates lake any stock and you can sell at any time to collect your gains or losses.

Appreciate the response and that clears it up.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

You

I buy it through coinbase.com. Got a link from another insider and each person gets $10 credit for new person to sign up. I can PM you the link if you decide you are interested and we both get $10. It's not much but it free money.
Let me know

After seeing mixed reviews with coinbase (both positive and negative) I will stay away as I do not understand how people can lose their coins and the customer service seems weak to respond but I thank you for the offer. I would much rather just stay with Ameritrade since I have my account with them.

#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

After seeing mixed reviews with coinbase (both positive and negative) I will stay away as I do not understand how people can lose their coins and the customer service seems weak to respond but I thank you for the offer.

You should only use coinbase to buy or sell your coins, you should store them in accounts generated by some form of hardware wallet. If you don't own the private key to your account, you don't own the coins.

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You can always drive down 2 and I will take you out. My Formula is not rigged for fishing but we can throw out a line.
Regulators are sweet! I did not realize how pricey they are. Just played around with the configurator a little and a 31 footer is around 350K and a 34 footer is around 450K. My understanding is that they are about as well made as you can get for that type of boat.

It's a tank in the water

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You should only use coinbase to buy or sell your coins, you should store them in accounts generated by some form of hardware wallet. If you don't own the private key to your account, you don't own the coins.

I keep mine in the Coinbase Vaults not in the wallet
https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/other/vaults-faq

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/140?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.